Song Contest 148 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 174, Xtoxm wrote:so when are we going to ban vizIIsto for consistently entering and failing to vote?
How regular is it? Like... do they never vote when they enter? And if that's the case, how often has it happened?

I would say there needs to be a cap before a perma-ban. Either you want to take part, or you don't.

If your only reason for entering is to share your music taste, but not listen to others... well those people can click on my signature now instead.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Vi »

How about we quantify who's more surprised than others at the outcome?

SHEEPLE

Equinox
pickemgenius
|
|
ceejayvinoya
|
Vi
|
Tammy
[3/4 sheep]

Aristophanes
Natirasha
Empire
Panzerjager
Xtoxm = T-Bone
PranaDevil
InflatablePie
VashtaNeurotic
|
toolenduso
Scigatt = popsofctown
[Midpoint aka Keke]

schadd_
|
|
|
davsto
MiniDeathStar
|
[3/4 snowflake]

Plotinus
|
Errantparabola
|
|
|
Dr Easy Bake
SNOWFLAKE

cjv was the only person whose picks were all within 10 places of where they ended up, but Equinox and peg were both no more than 1 place off on five of their picks.

---

And reciprocated likes?

TEAM ART PICKS: Plotinus <-> Dr Easy Bake
TEAM NOT JUST SHEEPING TOGETHER: Xtoxm <-> T-Bone
TEAM RECURSION: Empire <-> Panzerjager <-> Errantparabola <-> schadd_ <-> Empire
SPECIAL! THE BEST LAVA! Errantparabola <-> toolenduso AND, reaching into fourth pick, Errantparabola <-> Natirasha
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 175, PranaDevil wrote:
In post 174, Xtoxm wrote:so when are we going to ban vizIIsto for consistently entering and failing to vote?
How regular is it? Like... do they never vote when they enter? And if that's the case, how often has it happened?
It's pretty standard. The last time they openly said they weren't going to vote and submitted a troll entry.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 164, T-Bone wrote:
In post 161, Vi wrote:The surprising thing to me is that there's such a large gap between the top three and everyone else.

Combined with the split impressions of the top two, I'll see what I find when I record this...
Now I have to think of a way to pander for Vi's 12 again. I have an idea.
I am interested in this product or service.
I was gonna use a song by half.alive but they've already been entered and have won. Going to have to rethink this.

Spoiler: Would have been this one
I can see why you came to this conclusion, but this isn't quite the right direction. You can do it though :D
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 159, toolenduso wrote:I should note that part of the reason I'm baffled is that mine came in last and I thought this was a better one than my last one, but w/e.
Your song was literally good & was listened to multiple times by me
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by Davsto »

high c down, down, down
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 108, Plotinus wrote:Sudan - Suffocate - distressing but i think it's meant to be
In post 150, Song Contest wrote:
Hungary

Plotinus

10 - Sudan
o!!!
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

gooooooooooooooooooood lava
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by PJ. »

Pref now.
PranaDevil wrote:

I would say there needs to be a cap before a perma-ban. Either you want to take part, or you don't.

If your only reason for entering is to share your music taste, but not listen to others... well those people can click on my signature now instead.
Literally everytime, on top of being annoying in general (asking people to listen to multiple songs in thread, etc). They don't want to play the game, they want us to tell them how great their taste in music is w/o any reciprocation to the whole song circle jerk. Nobody likes someone who doesn't reciprocate.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Yeah, sounds like they should be perma-banned. If you want to enter a song, you need to play the game.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 184, PranaDevil wrote:Yeah, sounds like they should be perma-banned. If you want to enter a song, you need to play the game.
It sounds like listening to other people's submissions is important to you, would that be correct?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Cause if that's the case then it's even more laughable that you called for me to be banned.

Multiple people this round said they weren't even going to listen to my submission for one reason or another. Cool. So what do I have to lose when my song isn't going to get points because people won't even listen to it.

What fun am I going to have being judged for picking that song, and then I have to smile and listen to their songs and treat them with respect. Fuck that.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

It sucks that my vote was counted too. Nati had my 12 slot and would have won. Nati also had every vote of mine so...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Formerfish »

And don't worry about having to ban me, I won't submit anymore, not like most of you give a shit anyways.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 188, Formerfish wrote:And don't worry about having to ban me, I won't submit anymore, not like most of you give a shit anyways.
As a 20% stake holder in your points (pre-penalty), I am sad to hear this. I hope you will consider returning in the future, after this bitterness wears down some perhaps.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 186, Formerfish wrote:Multiple people this round said they weren't even going to listen to my submission for one reason or another.
I know it's late at night and my eyes take their leave around this time, but two passes through the thread show one person who fits this description (Natirasha). Who were the others?
Cyril
Cyril
Watcher
Cyril
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Cyril »

suggestion: care less what other people think about your submissions and you'll be happier
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Plotinus »

In post 181, schadd_ wrote:
In post 108, Plotinus wrote:Sudan - Suffocate - distressing but i think it's meant to be
In post 150, Song Contest wrote:
Hungary

Plotinus

10 - Sudan
o!!!
I actually rated this high enough (on my private rating system, where I don't have a quota per contest that needs to hit this bar) then I won't delete it from my hard drive now that the contest is over. The background music and the sounds in the outro are distressingly disorienting and unpredictable but in a way that emphasizes and enhances the emotions and message of the song.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 186, Formerfish wrote:Cause if that's the case then it's even more laughable that you called for me to be banned.

Multiple people this round said they weren't even going to listen to my submission for one reason or another. Cool. So what do I have to lose when my song isn't going to get points because people won't even listen to it.

What fun am I going to have being judged for picking that song, and then I have to smile and listen to their songs and treat them with respect. Fuck that.
I call for you to be banned because you don't participate, at all, from what has been said. Submitting a song is literally half of the task. If you then refuse to listen to ANY of the music... you're just being an asshole, and deliberately so, and have no excuse for it.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 193, PranaDevil wrote:I call for you to be banned because you don't participate, at all, from what has been said. Submitting a song is literally half of the task. If you then refuse to listen to ANY of the music... you're just being an asshole, and deliberately so, and have no excuse for it.
This is the funniest part to me. You are clearly confusing me with vizIIsto in the post above, while somehow understood what was going on in this post:
In post 177, Vi wrote:
In post 175, PranaDevil wrote:
It's pretty standard. The last time they openly said they weren't going to vote and submitted a troll entry.
From the time I have started entering into these contests I have listened to every single entry. From the weeb shit, to indie shit, underground rap shit, black death viking metal, and so much fucking k-pop, but I listened to it all because thats what this is.

When enough people tell you outright that you don't have a chance because they prejudged your song and wont even listen to it, its disheartening, especially when I have voted in every contest prior.

So when you wanna shit on someone figure out what the fuck you're talking about before the words the come out of your mouth make you not only look like an asshole but a stupid one as well.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 190, Vi wrote:Who were the others?
Nati, Panzer and I assumed you from what you had written.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

The guys who wanna bitch and moan about me not voting correctly are probably the same people who looked at Kaepernicks protest and ignored what he did it for entirely.

You're right, the song contest is to listen to songs, so Prana, how do you feel about others openly admitting to not listening to at least 1 entry?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 196, Formerfish wrote:The guys who wanna bitch and moan about me not voting correctly are probably the same people who looked at Kaepernicks protest and ignored what he did it for entirely.
this is not good, Formerfish
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

People are focused on me and my protest vote, yet no one gives a shit what I was upset about.

Then Prana tries to rip me a new one by saying i should be banned for not listening to songs, when I didnt listen to the songs because other people had already said they werent listening to mine.

So he's mad at me, for what I'm upset at others about, but instead of sharing my sentiment, he's upset with me. If thats not a clear enough correlation between the two situations then i dunno what else could be. I'm not saying that this is black lives matter, just that your ignoring the source and getting upset with the person who feels like they had to do that to get heard.

But you know, keep on keeping them down, right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Yep, I confused you with the other idiot as I'd just woken up.

One person chose not to listen to your song, so you threw a tantrum. Grow the fuck up.

Return to “General Discussion”