Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 31, Something_Smart wrote:This looks pretty unwinnable for scum ngl. Ame is bulletproof for days, Raven and ABR are both doctors now, Ame still has an investigative power that can clear people, and PB is out of bard shots meaning he's gonna run out of XP in a few nights.
Sad for PB honestly.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Raven, you played well, I'm only saying you didn't catch me because of a good case, you caught me because of mechanics and PoE.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3895, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3883, Raven Branwen wrote:
In post 3878, Pink Ball wrote:Raven you're not MVP. Ame is the MVP. Mechanics won this game and he was the most mechanical player
I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings but denying me proper credit is super hurtful. I wouldn’t do that to you. :(
You voted me because of a lie and a fake slip. A broken clock is right twice a day. As I said, you could have come to the conclusion with "it's between Ali and PB, and I think Ali is town so it has to be PB", but you made up a whole case that has no rationality behind it.

You voted me, good job! But that's all. Don't get cocky.

p-edit: there were no inconsistencies in my play. That's my point. What you did really good this game was being a solid townread from everyone and recognizing that Titus was town. That's good enough, that fucked me, that's solid teamwork. You're a good teamwork player, don't take credit all for yourself.
I think you’re being extremely unfair to me and I 100% would not have expected that from you. I caught you because your arguing with me over my Ali frame thing super pinged me. I was tr you up until that point.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:30 pm

In post 3901, Pink Ball wrote:Raven, you played well, I'm only saying you didn't catch me because of a good case, you caught me because of mechanics and PoE.
When I voted you and promised I would vengekill you, were you confident you would get out of it?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3901, Pink Ball wrote:Raven, you played well, I'm only saying you didn't catch me because of a good case, you caught me because of mechanics and PoE.
No, I caught you because I had good reads and if you insist on being hurtful and denying me that, there is literally nothing more for me to say. :/. I would 100% not do that to you, ever.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3898, Raven Branwen wrote:<3

I honestly don’t know which hurts more, being denied credit for a scum win due to bitter town or a town win. I think the latter because being a being town mvp has always been far more important to me than winning as scum.
I don't give out MVPs, but you earned respect in my book. It's rather hard to get me to walk away from my VCA but you did that, even if you were a broken clock. So take that as you will.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:32 pm

In post 3902, Raven Branwen wrote:I think you’re being extremely unfair to me and I 100% would not have expected that from you. I caught you because your arguing with me over my Ali frame thing super pinged me. I was tr you up until that point.
Come on... it was 1v9. He was completely surrounded by PRs with no powers of his own, only his wits. It wasn't a fair fight. Ame deserves credit for the treestump, and PB bussed knight which you said yourself was convincing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Okay now that mod stuff is done, I'll give some of my thoughts on the game.

I feel really bad for PB. He did play very well, but he was pretty screwed by mechanics. His role was already the weakest of his team and was made weaker by being the last scum left, while Ame had a strong town role that got even stronger once only one scum remained.

As for the overall setup, I do think it was townsided to some degree, but I think that was mostly mitigated by the knowledge that town would not be able to play optimally, because they didn't have all the information and because this is a very mechanically demanding setup. I didn't expect quite the number of forgotten trains I got, though. All night actions are in the mod PT if you want to see quite how many people forgot to do easy stuff. Setups like this really need scum to work together and use all their powers to confuse town, so it's naturally going to be rough when town nails two scum in their first two kills. Kudos to Ame for taking out the scum role with the potential to gain a whole stack of XP before they could wreak havoc with it.

I do want to apologize for my unresponsiveness and quite honestly laziness at some points. I'm not going to blame it on the ducky because he is a wonderful person but he was far less able to help me out here than I was expecting, and this is not an easy game to mod solo. I will say though that even though the OP wasn't updated when Titus replaced in, she directly asked for Pine's slot and I told her ABR got it first, so she really should have known he was in the game.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Titus »

I forgot tbh. I was just looking at available sub-ins.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:35 pm

In post 3907, Something_Smart wrote:I will say though that even though the OP wasn't updated when Titus replaced in, she directly asked for Pine's slot and I told her ABR got it first, so she really should have known he was in the game.
I'm not at all surprised by this toxic behavior.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3903, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
When I voted you and promised I would vengekill you, were you confident you would get out of it?
No, I actually fully expected you to go through with it. I was pissed that I was being wagonned and thought you were also scum. I didn’t suspect PB until he worked overtime to discredit my Ali frame theory and the more I thought about it, I realized that very little of his counter argument made much sense - especially Raya being killed due to being confitown and how you were so sure that scum didn’t frame Ali.

So if I was wrong on that, why did you kill Raya?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Even though I know it wasn't my fault, I do apologize for the toxicity in the game. I encourage anyone who had a problem with someone else this game to work out a private agreement where you don't join games together, and make sure to pay attention to the playerlist when replacing in.

I also apologize for the inactivity and high numbers of replacements. While some of them were unavoidable, I do think the effort and engagement the mod shows is correlated with players not replacing out. I'm not really cut out to be a great mod in that regard, because I have a hard time being proactive. So sorry there.

And finally, thanks for playing! Despite all the bumps, I hope you guys enjoyed the game :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:37 pm

In post 3910, Raven Branwen wrote:
No, I actually fully expected you to go through with it. I was pissed that I was being wagonned and thought you were also scum. I didn’t suspect PB until he worked overtime to discredit my Ali frame theory and the more I thought about it, I realized that very little of his counter argument made much sense - especially Raya being killed due to being confitown and how you were so sure that scum didn’t frame Ali.

What? I didn't kill anyone but if I was lynched I would have used the vengekill on PB.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3905, Titus wrote:
In post 3898, Raven Branwen wrote:<3

I honestly don’t know which hurts more, being denied credit for a scum win due to bitter town or a town win. I think the latter because being a being town mvp has always been far more important to me than winning as scum.
I don't give out MVPs, but you earned respect in my book. It's rather hard to get me to walk away from my VCA but you did that, even if you were a broken clock. So take that as you will.
<3. Thank you. It was literally PB’s arguing with me over my Ali frame theory that didn’t sit right with me. I’m not sure why he killed Raya if not for that because without a kill, Raya was by no means confitown.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3904, Raven Branwen wrote:
No, I caught you because I had good reads and if you insist on being hurtful and denying me that, there is literally nothing more for me to say. :/. I would 100% not do that to you, ever.
You keep misrepping me. I said you had good reads. I'm also saying that I legit tried to understand your logic behind the frame theory, I wasn't discrediting you, but sure, keep reading what you want to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 3908, Titus wrote:I forgot tbh. I was just looking at available sub-ins.
Mistakes do happen, but there's no shame in backing out of a replacement offer if you realize it's going to lead to conflict.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 3911, Something_Smart wrote:Even though I know it wasn't my fault, I do apologize for the toxicity in the game. I encourage anyone who had a problem with someone else this game to work out a private agreement where you don't join games together, and make sure to pay attention to the playerlist when replacing in.

I also apologize for the inactivity and high numbers of replacements. While some of them were unavoidable, I do think the effort and engagement the mod shows is correlated with players not replacing out. I'm not really cut out to be a great mod in that regard, because I have a hard time being proactive. So sorry there.

And finally, thanks for playing! Despite all the bumps, I hope you guys enjoyed the game :]
Don't be too hard on yourself, this was a very complicated setup to run. Hope we weren't too terrible with our clashes. Titus should not replace in my games to insult and deathtunnel me.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3910, Raven Branwen wrote:

That last part was obviously for PB.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 pm

I also feel bad for Pine who forgot to submit his Night 1 action when his whole strategy was predicated around it and it killed his engagement with the game. :( Especially since his upgrade could have allowed him to correct his mistake, but he didn't know that.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Creature »

Oh looks like I was right at Pink Ball D3
Sigh
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3914, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3904, Raven Branwen wrote:
You keep misrepping me. I said you had good reads. I'm also saying that I legit tried to understand your logic behind the frame theory, I wasn't discrediting you, but sure, keep reading what you want to read.
Whatever your intentions, that’s 100% how it looked, because tell me how with a no kill, Raya would have been confitown? Also, why would scum not frame Ali, just because from eir pov, Raya kill made 0 sense? Do you honestly not see why I think this?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

From the Mafia Thread:

"And to be clear, I really don't understand Raven's logic here. She's confbiased on Ali being town and TSE being scum, so it makes sense to her that Ali was framed. But that really doesn't makes any sense.

Also I killed Raya because he was going to be conftown and I told that in the main thread lol"

"...it does make more sense now and I'm stupid"

I didn't discredit you, I legit tried to undestand why Ali was framed. But sure, keep lying.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Titus »

ABR, I have no intention of ever playing with you again. The only person you show respect to is yourself and you sub out to preserve your win rate. I don't think you are healthy for the site as a whole.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3920, Raven Branwen wrote: Do you honestly not see why I think this?
Yes, I see it, I told you back then that I understood, and I kept repeating that I understood after your explanation, but you keep saying it was a discredit.
Raven Branwen
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Raven Branwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Raven Branwen »

In post 3919, Creature wrote:Oh looks like I was right at Pink Ball D3
Yep. I tried to get you unflipped before it happened. :/

Why weren’t you more active at deadline? But yeah, I had you as a practically a townlock and you were of course right.

You are one of the most underrated scumhunters on MS and this game proves that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”