Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:27 am

Post by bugspray »

I'll take multitasking compulsive fruit vendor.

What result do I give to tracker if they target someone who targeted two different people with their night actions?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Ircher »

The tracker should see them targeting both targets.

Something like:
You saw {Target} target {X} and {Y}.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 am

Post by bugspray »

Okay, cool.
I will draft role PMs later today

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:51 am

Post by bugspray »

strongarm scum
scum compulsory multitasking fruit vendor
tracker town
asecetic town
doc town
1 shot bulletproof macho ic
vt
vt
vt

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by bugspray »

Welcome to {gamename} You are a
Mafia Strongarm

Your partner is
{player}
who is a
Multitasking Compulsory Mafia Fruit Vendor
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread, located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Code: Select all

Welcome to fakelink[u]game[/u]! You are a [b][color=#FF0000]Mafia Goon Neighbor[/color][/b]

Your partner is [i]player[/i] who is a [b][color=#FF0000]Mafia Goon[/color][/b]. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located [url={scumpt}]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You are neighbors with [i]player[/i], and may speak to him/her/it/them/etc. in [url={hoodpt}]this private topic[/url] at any time.

[b]You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.[/b]

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by bugspray »

strongarm pmWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Mafia Strongman

Your partner is {player} who is a
Mafia Multitasking Compulsory Mafia Fruit Vendor
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread, located here, where you may talk at any time.

When you make the night kill you bypass any effect that would prevent the target from dying. This does not affect situations where you cannot actually target the target.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=#FF0000]Mafia Strongman[/color].

Your partner is {player} who is a [color=#FF0000]Mafia Multitasking Compulsory Mafia Fruit Vendor[/color]. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread, located [url={scumpt}]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

When you make the night kill you bypass any effect that would prevent the target from dying. This does not affect situations where you cannot actually target the target.

Last edited by bugspray on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by bugspray »

vendor pmWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Mafia Multitasking Compulsory Mafia Fruit Vendor

Your partner is {player} who is a
Mafia Strongman

At night you must hand out a piece of fruit to a player at night. The player that they target is informed that they received a piece of fruit (but not who sent it to them). The fruit has no effect, other than informing the recipient that it exists.
You may perform the factional kill each night in addition to giving fruit to a player.

Normal Guidelines wrote:the role PM for a compulsive role must specify that the player with the role, when they confirm, must include an ordered list of all players in the game. If they ever fail to submit an action, their action must be resolved as targeting the first player on that list that is still alive. They are allowed to change the order of the list at any time, e.g. if they think they might accidentally fail to submit a night action. This is done to ensure that compulsive roles can have an action chosen non-randomly for them in the event that they fail to submit.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role along with the stuff outlined above.

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=#FF0000]Mafia Multitasking Compulsory Mafia Fruit Vendor[/color].

Your partner is {player} who is a [color=red]Mafia Strongman[/color]. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread, located [url={scumpt}]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

At night you must hand out a piece of fruit to a player at night. The player that they target is informed that they received a piece of fruit (but not who sent it to them). The fruit has no effect, other than informing the recipient that it exists.
You may perform the factional kill each night in addition to giving fruit to a player.

[quote="Normal Guidelines"]the role PM for a compulsive role must specify that the player with the role, when they confirm, must include an ordered list of all players in the game. If they ever fail to submit an action, their action must be resolved as targeting the first player on that list that is still alive. They are allowed to change the order of the list at any time, e.g. if they think they might accidentally fail to submit a night action. This is done to ensure that compulsive roles can have an action chosen non-randomly for them in the event that they fail to submit.[/quote]

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role along with the stuff outlined above.
Last edited by bugspray on Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by bugspray »

totally not bastard icWelcome to {gamename} You are a
One-shot Bulletproof Macho Innocent Child

Your alignment will be revealed to the other players at the start of the game.

The first time you are targeted by an effect at night that would kill you you will instead survive.

Other roles with the ability to prevent you from dying at night will have no effect on you.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=green]One-shot Bulletproof Macho Innocent Child[/color].

Your alignment will be revealed to the other players at the start of the game.

The first time you are targeted by an effect at night that would kill you you will instead survive.

Other roles with the ability to prevent you from dying at night will have no effect on you.

You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by bugspray »

town docWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Town Doctor

Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=green]Town Doctor[/color].

Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled. 

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by bugspray »

town trackerWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Town Tracker

Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any).

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=green]Town Tracker[/color].

Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and you will discover which player they targeted (if any).

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by bugspray »

asstastocWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Town Ascetic

Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.

]Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=green]Town Ascetic[/color].

Actions that target you, other than kills, will fail as if roleblocked.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by bugspray »

vtWelcome to {gamename} You are a
Vanilla Townie/color].

You have no active abilities.

Welcome to [url={gamelink}]{gamename}[/url] You are a [color=green]Vanilla Townie/color].

You have no active abilities.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by bugspray »

@implo: requesting moderator perms in this thread so i can edit the role pm posts instead of quoting them to ebwop and create more quote layers of potential mistake

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Ircher »

Okay a few adjustments needed:

1) Strongman is the standard name to use for Strongarm.
2) The Fruit Vendor role pm needs to include the following (not verbatim but they need to know they must submit a list during pregame, etc.):
Normal Guidelines wrote: This modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net if the following rules are met: the role PM for a compulsive role must specify that the player with the role, when they confirm, must include an ordered list of all players in the game. If they ever fail to submit an action, their action must be resolved as targeting the first player on that list that is still alive. They are allowed to change the order of the list at any time, e.g. if they think they might accidentally fail to submit a night action. This is done to ensure that compulsive roles can have an action chosen non-randomly for them in the event that they fail to submit.
---
As a point of clarification, the tracker should see people who target the ascetic.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by bugspray »

What if the strongarm and doctor are lovers

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by bugspray »

Can we take away multitasking in that case

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Ircher »

Pretty sure Lovers is not explicitly normal.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by bugspray »

okay i'll basically wait for implo to give me mod perm and edit the role pms because i do not want to fuck them up quoting them and then send a bad role pm for some reason

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by bugspray »

WHAT IF
we make the strongarm a doctor enabler and then make the compulsive scum fruit vendor non multitasking

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by bugspray »

"actual things bugspray says in their setups' normal reviews"

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by bugspray »

i feel like the vendor can still safe claim fruit vendor and just say that they happened to target whoever scum NK'd
would take a lot of persuasion to get away with it TWICE though. but if they are multitasking then the tracker would already basically know wehat's up

in that case cna we give the vendor ninja and make the ic real bulletprood

Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 43, bugspray wrote:WHAT IF
we make the strongarm a doctor enabler and then make the compulsive scum fruit vendor non multitasking
I think the current setup is the best iteration of the concept that suits the normal queue.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by bugspray »

Yeah I will keep it.
My goal was originally to create a setup with many PRs but in a way so that they essentially cancel each other out.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:50 am

Post by implosion »

In post 37, bugspray wrote:
@implo: requesting moderator perms in this thread so i can edit the role pm posts instead of quoting them to ebwop and create more quote layers of potential mistake
done.

(late, but etc!)
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by bugspray »

thanks <3

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”