Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 3543, SirCakez wrote:If you read the mod topic it will explain why I decided to make the Games public. I did not want the game to turn into scum putting themselves into traps to get tons of buffs, I wanted the traps to get used on town.
I mean, true

but that's also the problem; there's not a whole lot of benefit to putting scum in traps outside of WIFOM value, so there isn't a whole lot of point in spreading traps out over different players
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

Post by BBmolla »

I enjoyed my role

I didn’t enjoy scum getting like 2-3 night kills each night

This game felt like the mountainous problem, once I saw all the town flips in a single night I kind of gave up
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:54 am

yeah I was actually really upset on the last day I was here because despite killing the IC and the cop on night one (and killing the vig N2 AND having the vig misshoot) AND A QUICKLYNCH ON DAY TWO, we were really close to being PoEd out mechanically after having two of our three traps disabled, and they were some of our better ones
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am

Post by BBmolla »

Like I played like ass but I don’t even regret it

Like I said, I had a great time day 1, the was miserable
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think one change for sure I would make is splitting the traps into two categories - Killing (where a kill is guaranteed) and Mechanical (where you can probably escape but there's some sort of punishment) and scum can use one of each per night.
Then the kills wouldn't have swamped town so fast.
I would scrap the Cyanide Box trap also - that left too much KP up to chance.
Last edited by SirCakez on Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

honestly I think even if BM had just let himself die in the second trap the game was still salvageable at that point

BM conf town, pisskop/davesaz under suspicion, scum don't have the factional NK

Eddie did a great job talking me off Firebringer on D3, that was really well played there. And pisskop snowed me in the game and played it really smart

shoulda stayed on Dave and not let myself get distracted so much with danyboy, or his claim :/. Dude was obvscum on D1 and I had him the entire game

Thanks for modding SirCakez, the set up was awesome, I enjoyed it
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 am

Post by SirCakez »

Molla you were fine don't worry.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Hectic »

Thank you for modding, SirCakez! The flavour and mechanics were truly remarkable.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:59 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 3554, SirCakez wrote:I think one change for sure I would make is splitting the traps into two categories - Killing (where a kill is guaranteed) and Mechanical (where you can probably escape but there's some sort of punishment) and scum can use one of each per night.
Every good game needs a test run.

This test run showed us a lot of things.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:00 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

BM dying N1 vs. EJ would have made it too easy for town considering all the power we had, so yeah the setup was extremely swingy. Scum used their powers very effectively.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 am

In post 3554, SirCakez wrote:I think one change for sure I would make is splitting the traps into two categories - Killing (where a kill is guaranteed) and Mechanical (where you can probably escape but there's some sort of punishment) and scum can use one of each per night.
this is probably fair

tbh this setup would probably work a lot better in general if the swing on both sides was cut down

having more utility based around having people communicate at night and/or indirect informative abilities would make the game a lot more interesting
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Blake Belladonna »

Now that the game is over, would you like to discuss what you saw that was town about me early on, Pine?

It was clearly wrong in this case, so I'm curious what exactly your process was that made you reach that conclusion.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ah definitely my fault - sorry town, and especially MT! You were much better at reading this than I was...
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3555, GuiltyLion wrote:Eddie did a great job talking me off Firebringer on D3, that was really well played there. And pisskop snowed me in the game and played it really smart
GL, MT, and ABR, and slightly Vecna were the players that I was afraid of, so I tried to tailor my catchup to pocket them. Bingle had most of the solve (sans me), but he was not worrysome because I felt pretty strongly I could case and mislynch him if needed. All 4 of you had fairly good reads, and BM did to his credit also push Piss at EoD. All of the other roles were 2/3 shot so I assumed Bingle was either out of shots or only had 1 left.

Fun game! Sorry for the town who were frustrated, but this was a very entertaining game from a scum PoV.

10/10 setup design and 9.5/10 modding, thanks SirCakez, well done
! Setup design refers to flavor, traps, etc, balance and swinginess might be a little off but I don't super think so. This was a high power town, and town did not use their PRs (vig/cops/etc) or lynches (other than day 1) on scum, so I don't think the KP is crazy high. I'd argue slightly scumsided overall, nothing crazy. Swinginess is pretty normal in a large game with a lot of roles.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am

I'm really sad we didn't get to scum together eddie
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:13 am

Post by pisskop »

Yea when you read the Scumchat a lot of players really caught our eye.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Post by pisskop »

One thing that was hard was the loss of a direct nightkill.

I was a little easier when I could powermurder a few players, but I was afraid to use my immunity because of how the players would react.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I definitely gave GeorgeBailey wayyy too much slack for his early posting, that's a new level I've seen from him as scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3564, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I'm really sad we didn't get to scum together eddie
me too :(

If you had held out another day or two... but at least i got fire who's also cool
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 3527, Firebringer wrote:thanks for modding cakez,

really interesting setup.
i have to agree that this setup is scumsided.

i love the trap ideas u put in it though.
Agreed. I may not have said it but i loved the traps and idea behind it. Day 1 i know the trap i was in was killing at least one player. Saving the cop just to see him die really killed my hope for town.
In post 3535, SirCakez wrote:I definitely wanted more different people to get put in the Games. It was a difficult design choice because I couldn't just say someone can't get put in a game twice, because then scum lose way too much control over killing power.
No i wouldn't happen the scum that way either.
In post 3549, SirCakez wrote:Up until day 4 scum were worried about getting decimated themselves. Like I said in my earlier post, all it would have taken was farside's shot to hit pisskop or a guilty and the game would have blown open for town. Unforgiving yes, but both ways.
Im still kicking myself too.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Man scum killed a shit ton of people. What was even those other traps? GG scum though.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:51 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Pisskop is literally always scum wut
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Drixx »

So apologies to town for checking out. When I came back from my V/LA during night two and saw what happened and then BM started gaslighting the game, I just wasn't into that. While I was away, this site seems to have been infected by a disease of memes and shitposting, and it's definitely not an improvement.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3549, SirCakez wrote:Up until day 4 scum were worried about getting decimated themselves. Like I said in my earlier post, all it would have taken was farside's shot to hit pisskop or a guilty and the game would have blown open for town. Unforgiving yes, but both ways.
Personally I dislike setups with this much swing, but the setup was fair to both sides.

WP by scum, you definitely deserved the win.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 3547, SirCakez wrote:I also know some people were frustrated with their roles. I struggled with that because town already had a LOT of power as was. Some people had to get the less-useful Mailman/Reporter/Vanilla neighbor roles.
Also apparently Neighbor is not considered a Power Role in Role Madness? I had no idea. That's why I stepped in when I did.
You shouldn't have, tbh. Neighbor is by definition a power role, and Role Madness doesn't even mean 0 VTs. Role Madness means few if any VTs.

As a mod you should never help out when people make dumb assumptions. If they want to ask you if there are VTs in the setup you can answer. If they want to ask you if neighbors are VTs then you can answer. You should never answer the questions publicly without being prompted to by a public questions directed at you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”