Let's Talk Gacha Games (X% IS A LIE)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:15 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 24, Fumuki wrote: 2) Production budget can be much higher and the game much more polished if a company wants. The F2P monetization system works, and some of the highest revenue games nowadays are mobile/F2P, and they are live-service. On buy-once games the company doesn't want to over invest in a single game, polish it too much or etc. They want to rush it out which also creates the bad crunching habits on these places. However since gacha games are live-service, the company can take their time polishing their product and even have an incentive to do so since the amount they can profit with the game is much more high-stakes, for smaller companies a single game of this model can keep they going for at least 5 years.
yep it all depends on how cynical the company is when approaching the game

most of them are flash-in-the-pan cashgrabs by design, while you can tell other games (usually other companies) planned for the long haul

right now I really love the gacha game another eden, which you never even have to summon on :o
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I have a fear of gacha games after having had a serious cognitive dissonance whiplash about my spending on one
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:42 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 26, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have a fear of gacha games after having had a serious cognitive dissonance whiplash about my spending on one
your mistakes make you who you are, you're a better person for them. instead of regretting your past choices, recognize that you learned from them and feel confident that you're smarter now than you were then.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.

Return to “The Arcade”