Micro 937 / Reservoir Dogs DDU / Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Ame »

Also you had a scum read on Conspire the entire game. What changed?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 670, Isis wrote:No one ever townreads Hectic. Hectic just systematically destroys and obliterates any desire you could have or imagine to participate in activities with the remotest possibility of resulting in his death. He bragged to me once about having no mislynches in his first 12 games on site or something like that once. Even scum do not want to lynch him. There was a game with some confusion about role PM distribution that shook out in a way that should make him more likely to be scum for failing to notice townies were all CC'ed for receiving a VT role, and in that same game my scumpartner was threatening to kill everyone in the room to protect Hectic whilst ignoring me. I have only ever even attempted to mislynch him when it was badly necessitated AND he was half V/LA AND a mechanic paired his lynch with another one that was more compelling. In spite of those things, my human capacity to play scum that way confirms I'm not human. A human's will to send any and all physical, metaphorical, or theoretical objects that are not medical care, food, or Christmas cards in his general direction is rapidly undermined and eroded until it has been totally disintigrated.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Ame »

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Isis »

In theory I should be more willing to view youtube while at work since my two weeks notice has been in for a week now

somehow don't want to do it tho
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Ame »

What do you do, if I may ask?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm not necessarily going to take a similar position when I find my next job but software engineer
"Well, I..."
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Enter »

Official Vote Count 4.04
LynchingWith 5 votes in play, it takes 3 to lynch.

Everybody
(0): Nobody

Not Voting
(9): Mr Pink, Iconeum, Conspire, Isis, Ame

Mr Pink
[0]
>

Iconeum
[0]
>

Conspire
[0]
>

Isis
[0]
>

Ame
[0]
>

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-06-01 00:39:32).

Mod Notes:
Nothing, for now.

-E[/area]
Last edited by Enter on Sun May 24, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Isis »

eeeeeehehehe
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1164, Iconeum wrote:UNVOTE:
Iconeum unvoted me here @mod
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Isis »

I think only 4 people are not voting rather than 9
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1306, Isis wrote:I'm not necessarily going to take a similar position when I find my next job but software engineer
I don't know why hearing things like this makes me happy
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Isis »

oh 5
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1311, Ame wrote:I don't know why
I suspect that's a lie but it's not really alignment indicative
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Ame »

Are you saying it's a lie that I don't know why?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by Isis »

yes that's why I didn't quote the whole thing
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Ame »

Ok, yes it is a lie. It makes me happy seeing women in STEM fields and it makes me happy when my friends do wonderful things.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Ame »

Why I town read (red) Isis
In post 86, Isis wrote:I did fabricate my townlean on Shiki, I wanted to round out and balance my list and I don't really townread anybody

I kind of had to scrounge deep to round out my list.
This is where I initially began to town lean her. In Chiptune Mafia I was tunneled on Isis until she made a unique comment about thinking Conspire was the user Eve because Eve is a troll that would steal someones avatar (link). This reminded me of that in that it was so out there that I felt it was more likely to be true than to have come from scum.
In post 176, Isis wrote:
In post 168, Mr Pink wrote:
In post 161, Iconeum wrote:ah, not the duck but the bug
Yeah well if it quacks like it's a duck then it's a duck but I don't plan on fuckin dying. I'm gonna make it out of here with my goddamn money like a professional and I'm gonna do it alive!
In post 167, shiki wrote:
In post 163, Isis wrote:Shiki did you roll scum this game??
i did not; i rolled a nice guy.
Hey, Freddy! I've been waiting for you to show up. What the fuck happened? The fuckin cops showed up out of nowhere.
ok now I want a flavor massclaim just from the offchance this was a scumslip
After Shiki and Isis explained to me that Isis wasn't previously aware Mr. Orange = Freddy, this suspicion came off as genuine to me. In particular, the follow-up explanation:
Spoiler:
In post 181, Isis wrote:
In post 178, Mr Pink wrote:
In post 176, Isis wrote:
In post 168, Mr Pink wrote:
In post 161, Iconeum wrote:ah, not the duck but the bug
Yeah well if it quacks like it's a duck then it's a duck but I don't plan on fuckin dying. I'm gonna make it out of here with my goddamn money like a professional and I'm gonna do it alive!
In post 167, shiki wrote:
In post 163, Isis wrote:Shiki did you roll scum this game??
i did not; i rolled a nice guy.
Hey, Freddy! I've been waiting for you to show up. What the fuck happened? The fuckin cops showed up out of nowhere.
ok now I want a flavor massclaim just from the offchance this was a scumslip
ooc: flavor is randomized (look at a role pm) i don't really see how this is relevant. i misremembered a detail of a movie i havent watched in years. this overration to my nai roleplaying mistake is definitely alignment indicative
It's not an overreaction. Shiki hasn't claimed her flavor yet, and if it it's Freddy, it could indicate you knew she was Freddie from your role PM or N0 scum PT and forgot that wasn't public info when you used it to enhance your roleplaying. It is likely you just picked a random character, which we would find out when she claims her flavor.
It's not really necessary for everyone to flavor claim, just the real Freddy would be enough.

There's also about a 1/9th chance she's Freddy and you totally didn't know that at all as town but I'll take that risk on.

In post 192, Isis wrote:this player list has nobody I want to day1 kill out of prejudice ahh
This is small, but I feel like this
all
the time. But when I'm scum I want to get rid of people that know me as quickly as possible (eliminating Kanna and shiki in Hungarian 2 for example). I felt like scum!Isis wouldn't have this feeling of not wanting to lynch someone she liked.
In post 273, Isis wrote:Can scum tell me whether this setup is fun for scum
I feel like the low pressure of who cares if a lynch is wrong there are two of them, would like make it low stress and chill?
write it in the scum pt so I can find it postgame
you can also post it here and say it's resoivoir dogs spoilers and only I will read it, everyone else has already seen the movie and doesn't care or doesn't want to spoil it
I am plenty sure it's not my kind of movie already
I was disingenuous to shiki to bulli her
In post 274, Isis wrote:259 and 260 can be town S_S but like I think it's objectively yuck that that's so
I disagree with so much of how he approaches mafia
if nothing is happen effing do something?
I don't even care if you do something good
just do something
play mafia
it's a fun game
why do you want other people to play it for you while you watch
These are the posts where I began to hard town read her. The first just came off to me like she genuinely wasn't scum. She also had another post asking enter why she wouldn't get to have day chat. I understand that things like this can be faked, it just seemed genuine to me. The S_S post felt like she was really frustrated. Although now reading this, I see that she wasn't saying 256 and 260 were more likely townie. That was my initial reason for town reading this because it showed she was being objective despite the frustration. Now knowing that she was actually shading him here, I do not like it. Looking at the post below it she also used the term "objectively scummy" and that is also a bad look. That's such a strange way to phrase a scum read. It's like she knows he's not scum so has to make it objectively scummy. I liked the nuance of this case initially, but looking at it again, this line seems disingenuous: "It implies AI material exists in the thread and he's sensed as much." I'll think about this more when I get to the reevaluation part of my checklist.

was a good followup and I agreed (and still agree) with the point.

Lastly, her paranoia that me and Jake were partners felt real (). And I didn't think scum!Isis would quickhammer and put herself in the open.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Ame »

Isis given my reasoning above, do you (1) still think it is strange that I town read you, and (2) is it still the case that you believe all of the above is within your scum range?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Isis »

I think of scumrange as "the things you'd be brave enough to do as scum/could execute in a way that's not obviously awkward as scum, supposing you thought of them" rather than "the things that might occur to you to do as scum". 273, 192, I believe/hope are in my scumrange and definitely 176 and 86, are within my scumrange. I am not really positive 176 would come into my mind the way it should, if I knew who the scum were, but that's irrelevant to how I use the word scumrange.
I worry 274 might not actually be in my scumrange.
I think I should be clear I've been cognizant of no daytalk all game, regardless of my alignment. In addition to seeing it in either the rules or an early post, Enter has complained about daytalk in other parts of the forum and that serves as a mnemonic. I also think it's in my scumrange to whine at him about no daytalk. Daytalk violates a scum's 8th amendment rights under the US constitution and I even wonder whether people should get removed from scum PTs when they die really.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Isis »

I think it's a little strange that you townread me and simultaneously scumread Iconeum when he townread some of the same posts you townread
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Ame »

I'm more curious if you think it's strange that it was possible for me to be town reading you, as you said before. Additionally, if you thought it was weird that I have been able to have a town read on you, why do you not think it is strange that Iconeum has?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Isis »

To some extent I don't, and it doesn't matter, kind of. It seems kind of overly reciprocal in nature, but given the rest of the town hasn't been so favorable to dragon, it's scum indicative to be eager to reciprocate the townread. There's a bayes theorem kind of principle that someone coming up with a hard townread on a viable lynch is more likely to be doing so genuinely than scum because scum are burning their own opportunities.
Since I haven't really townread you at any point this game you don't really get the same excuse I guess.

I don't remember saying it was strange for you to have a townread on me fwiw.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Isis »

why isn't conspire obvtowning

they should be obvtowning even as scum in a gamestate like this I feel like
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Ame »

It was your justification for voting me before.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Isis »

Was I sober or... sober?

I'm guessing it likely had more to do with the moment of the read and the timing than the idea that you could ever in ever townread me?
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”