Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Animals Upick [Game Over]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Krazy »

~~~Krazy's Animals Upick~~~

• Seventeen players square off in a game with flavor picks from any creature within the animal kingdom!
  • Confirmed single ball 13:4 town:scum
  • 10 day day 1, 8 day dayphases after that, 2 day nights
  • All hydras must sign consistently or make it clear which head is posting and have a single handle associated with their hydra name. While stealth hydras are OK, the handle of which head is posting should still be consistent.
  • Alyssa the Lamb and Red Panda will be co-moddding and assisting with design.
  • This will be role madness with no vanilla town or mafia goon roles.
  • Alignment will be fully randomized.
  • This is not a bastard game. There will be no mid-game alignment changes. There will be no beloved princess or governor. There will be no mafia traitor. There may be some "large theme swing" mechanics including additional scum killing power under certain conditions.
  • The scum faction will have daytalk, discord servers if desired, and factional multitasking.

PLAYERLIST
  1. jjh927

2. farside22

3. mastina

4. Miss Lynch
    Conspire

5. chemist1422

6. Calvin and Hobbes

7. votato

8. PenguinPower

9. HoldenGolden

10. Birds and the Boys

11. Bingle

12. Clover Ebi

13. Dunnstral

14. Blatant Scum

15. April Ludgate

16. Dr Easy Bake

17. Creature
[/list]

Living players: April Ludgate, Clover Ebi, HoldenGolden, Miss Lynch

Flips!
Spoiler:
Day 1: Dr Easy Bake is lynched, and is a town reptile bodyguard lover.
Creature commits suicide, and is a town reptile bodyguard lover -- viewtopic.php?p=11807840#p11807840

Night 1:
Calvin and Hobbes is drowned, and they were a town human loving indecisive doctor -- viewtopic.php?p=11813225#p11813225

Bingle is is MISSING -- but is later revealed to be a town 2-shot bulletproof human miller -- viewtopic.php?p=11813948#p11813948

Day 2:
Votato is lynched and is revealed to be a mafia Night 1-3, 1-shot Combined Vigilante-Janitor viewtopic.php?p=11813948#p11813948

Night 2:
Blatant scum was drowned and is revealed to be a town transforming jack of all trades -- viewtopic.php?p=11820171#p11820171

Day 3:
jjh927 is lynched and is revealed to be a town 1-shot ranked list dinosaur alien -- viewtopic.php?p=11838236#p11838236

Night 3:
PenguinPower was drowned and is revealed to be a Town Reflexive Friendly Neighbor -- viewtopic.php?p=11844248#p11844248

Day 4:
mastina is lynched and is revealed to be a mafia doctor -- viewtopic.php?p=11853700#p11853700

Night 4:
The Birds and the Boys is drowned and is revealed to be a Town Parity Cop Confused Amphibious Human Miller -- viewtopic.php?p=11859525#p11859525

Day 5:
Chemist1442 is lynched is revealed to be a mafia multitasking rolecard cop and messenger -- viewtopic.php?p=11861947#p11861947

Night 5:
farside22 is drowned and is revealed to be a town nonconsecutive bus driver -- viewtopic.php?p=11862751#p11862751

Day 6:
Dunnstral is lynched and revealed to be a town natural neighborizer -- viewtopic.php?p=11876606#p11876606

Mod links: Mathblade's Topic -- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=75213

reminder note: replacement list coding should look like -- NicoRobin:jjh927,Taly:Creature
Deadlist should look like: Titus-2,CheekyTeeky-3,Furret und Woopers-5,Shiro-6,Pink Ball-7,Auro-8
Spoiler: VoteCount Settings
priorVCNumber=0
url=viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82907
playerList=jjh927,farside22,mastina,Conspire,Chemist1422{Misty},Calvin and Hobbes,votato,PenguinPower{PP},HoldenGolden{HG},Birds and the Boys{Firebringer+Bitmap+gobbledygook+OkaPoka},Bingle,Clover Ebi,Dunnstral,Blatant Scum,April Ludgate,Dr Easy Bake{DEB},Creature
replacementList=Conspire:Miss Lynch
moderatorNames=Krazy,Alyssa the Lamb, Red Panda
dayStartNumbers=0,1864,1942,2446,2810,2895,3054
cleanDay=true
deadline=(expired on 2020-06-08 04:22:20)
deadList=Dr Easy Bake-1,Creature-1,Bingle-1,Calvin and Hobbes-1,votato-2,Blatant Scum-2,jjh927-3,PenguinPower-3,mastina-4,Birds and the Boys-4,farside22-5,Miss Lynch-6
flavor=[img].[/img]
voteOverrides=
color=purple
Last edited by Krazy on Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:43 am, edited 32 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Krazy »

Scum Stuff

Scum day talk?
Scum have factional daychat and can have a discord server on request
Scum safe claims/safe flavor claims? There are mod-provided sample fakeclaims for at least some of the scum but whether they are "safeclaims" is open to debate. I encourage scum to hand-craft their own fakeclaims using the mod-provided fakeclaims as a starting point. The mod-provided fake-claims should prevent the game from being broken by a day-1 massclaim, beyond that I do not make strong promises on the utility of the mod-provided fakeclaims.
Multitasking? The mafia team is factionally multitasking; they can perform a night action and a kill in the same night.
Multiball? No.

Setup Stuff

Does flavor have an effect? Probably.
Unique Mechanic? Could be, but not guaranteed.
Bastard level? This game will have significant swing, roles that you are unlikely to anticipate, and probably some number of red herrings. I do not believe there are any direct moderator lies, mid-game alignment changes, and I will exclude *the specific versions* of some roles listed below.

Post restrictions: I do not design post restrictions to encourage or reward spamming and spamming is not allowed in this thread.

Excluded Roles: There will be no governor or beloved princess. There will be no mechanics whereby the lynch of the day can suddenly change, no skipping of night phases, and no skipping of dayphases. There will also be no cults and no mid-game alignment changes. Your wincon will not change. There will be no third parties.

Day actions: Day actions including daykills would not cause the dayphase to end.

Maximum players leaving the game in a single night: I believe the theoretical maximum number of players who could leave the game in a single day/night is 7 (including lynch). This honestly could be off, I didn't double check it.

Approximate level of swing: I think this game has slightly more swing than Krazy's Anime Upick.

Passive abilities note: Most passive abilities are not subject to roleblocks unless otherwise stated.

Flavor:

At daybreak, I may include flavor text (depending on my availability and schedule). Everyone has flavor. This is a theme game. You are not explicitly prohibited from speculating about flavor text, although, to be clear, a lot of the narrative-style information in my flavor reveals will not be based on night action content. Alignment is randomized and not based on flavor.

Flips:

Flips may include kill flavor. While this may suggest the role behind the kill, some killing roles may be able to obscure or change their flavor.

Flips will include the role PM with any "Informed" status content redacted and all PT links removed.

The janitor role is not prohibited from this game, likewise certain roles may or may not have janitor-like effects for sections of rolecards.

Hydras and Discord:

I will set up hydra PTs on discord at request.

VCs:

I have used Mathblade's vote counter before and liked it a lot, but using name variations that are not misspellings may cause me delays in updating the vote count. I may for any reason stop using the Mathblade vote counter and switch to conventional vote counting by hand.

I will use the offline version of Mathblade's Vote Counter.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Krazy »

The Boilerplate Rules

important bit
  • Day one will be 10 days, 8 day dayphases after that
  • 48 hour night phase
  • Majority lynches
  • 48 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement after prod. Slots that do not confirm role pms in 24 hours may be replaced.
  • Hydras must sign consistently; they can change their handle if desired but should approximately stick to the Hydra Key
  • Alyssa the Lamb and Red Panda are co-mods

General

1. This game uses sitewide rules: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6470
1a. Do not private message other users about anything having to do with this game in any circumstance even/especially if you are dead/have replaced out/are spectating/etc. If you even think it might be a grey area, it is not a grey area, it is not ok. This includes informal conversations on discord. Do not refer indirectly to game events in this game until the game is complete, including in signatures, signup threads, or anywhere else. Do not refer to statements made in this game in this game in other games.
2. No reference, whatsoever, should be made about other ongoing games. Ever. Not directly, not indirectly, not at all. -- viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30908

Respect

1. Be nicer to other people than they are to you. Attack the play not the player.
1a.
Replace outs will only be accepted by Private Message, not in game. If you are replacing out, do not discuss this in thread until it is confirmed with the moderator. Players cannot cancel replacement requests, even if a replacement has not been found. PMing the moderator that you wish or need to replace out will be taken as final. Once you have made that PM, please do not continue to post in the game thread.
Assume good faith for replace-outs. If you replace out, please do not comment directly or indirectly about the game in other sections of the site including the queue and/or your signature. This falls into the broad umbrella of "outside influence."
1b. Please do not ask other players to replace out, discourage them from playing the game, or otherwise create a hostile gaming environment. This is now also a sitewide rule.
Play to win.

2a.
You must read your role pm, and confirm that you understand your role.

2b.
Do not state, whether honest or false, that you have not read your role pm
in-thread. If I somehow forget to send you a role pm or send you multiple role pms, please contact me
by pm
2c. You can claim scum, and you can claim scum with someone else provided that the moderator can reasonably suspect non-malicious motives behind such.
2d. Scum can night kill their teammates, but I must see evidence that such a move is not game-throwing.
2e. Do not say or imply that you have not been reading the thread. If you need time to catch up, you can say this.
Avoid using the plain spoiler (blackout tag). Use spoiler= instead!
This is wrong.

Videos and animated Gifs can be posted in the main thread, but please try to keep it within reason. Do not try to break the site or make the thread unreadable to mobile users.

5. Cryptography and other forms of codes are generally not allowed. Breadcrumbs are generally okay.
Constant off-topic posting will not be tolerated.

Provable randomness is strongly discouraged.
In particular, do not use the dice tag.
8. Hydras -- Hydras must sign posts according to their requested handle, decided day 1 or pre-game. You are welcome to post an ego post on your main. Hydra slips will not result in warnings, although you should not treat your main as your head of the hydra. Personally, I think there is no need to quote hydra slips on the hydra account, although I won't stop you from doing this either.
9. Please try to make the game at least relatively mobile friendly. On that note, please try not to quote large chunks of embedded quote chains for short replies--if you are really just referring to the last thing someone said, just say @playername and then reply rather than quoting a large quote chain for another short reply.

Honor

1. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator.
Purple is my color, but you may use it as long as you are not attempting to impersonate me with it.
Note I don't actually edit in replies all that often. I also often just write replies using normal text.
2. Do not edit or delete your post if for some reason you have the ability to do so. This includes on any related discord server.
Do not attempt to get the moderator to influence the game.
This rule does not refer to day abilities, if any exist, that are stated in your role PM. Please refrain from asking too many questions of the moderator about roleclaims unless absolutely necessary.
4a. PM me regarding VC related questions; V/LA can be declared in thread.
4b.
Do not discuss any disciplinary actions that the moderator takes in-thread.

4c. If there is a declared day action, you can ask the moderator to confirm that day actions have resolved, rather than waiting only for the next Vote Count. If the day action was fake, or if the day action was real but failed, either way the stated moderator response will be: "All pending day actions have resolved."
Trust tells are prohibited.

5a.
Do not replace out in such a manner as to confirm your alignment.

Do not quote or copy-paste moderator communications and other forms of private communications (exception to this -- scum can post their role pms in the scum pt). -- While you can copy/paste communication from hydra discord servers, you should make sure that the text is converted to plain text, and especially that all embedded hyperlinks to player names are removed. Please do not enable timestamps either.

6a. Post links to anything except the main thread, timestamps, and read statuses should never be referenced in the game thread.
Access list numbers in private topics are also covered by this rule.

6b. You may directly copy-paste
unflavored night action results
(usually in bold) as well as your alignment, flip role, and effective role from your role pm, but
do not directly quote them
6c. Confirmed same-alignment players can quote their role PMs in their private topics (i.e. masons).
6d. Do not quote your hydra PT in the game thread or include embedded links to your hydra PT in the game thread. You can copy and paste text from your hydra PT so long as it is plain text and does not include links to any posts in the hydra PT.
7. No Bah! posts.

Miscellaneous

1. Follow the spirit of the rules.
1a.
Do not attempt to find loopholes in the ruleset.

1b. While the moderator will generally assume good-faith, action can be taken against inadvertent rule breaks if deemed necessary.
All PTs will be released within 24 hours of the game's conclusion.
Players in any thread except the Dead PT may request redactions at any time
before
I release the PT. The dead thread is released immediately on the conclusion of the game.
3. The moderator reserves the right to update this ruleset as necessary.
New items will be underlined
, and
deleted items will be striked through.
(Note: The markup on this line is an example.)

Setup-Specific Rules

Activity and Deadline Rules

1. Day one lasts 10 days, other day phases will last 8 days. Nights last 24 hours.
Nights may be extended if a replacement is needed.
There will be a minimum of 24 hours between the time a replacement is found and when night actions are due.
3. You will be prodded after
48 hours
of inactivity; this does not change on weekends. All prods should be responded to
in-thread unless the thread is locked in which case pm is acceptable.

4. 2 prod dodges are equivalent to a single prod. If you are prodded again from prod-dodging, you may not prod dodge. Prodges must still include some game content: "Krazy is still scum", "Krazy is still town," and "I like this wagon" are good enough for a prodge. While a subjective rule, prod dodges are objectively defined as posts that consist of little or no content related to the game with the sole purpose of avoiding prodding. Minimum content is not defined here as to mitigate abuse, but do realize that this rule is applied as objectively as possible.
V/LAs should generally be announced in-thread, not by pm.
You should also set V/LA in the User CP to make sure I do not forget.
6. If you have
regular weekend V/LA
, it is
your responsibility
to either inform me at the end of
each week
or to remember to set V/LA status.
V/LA players must post at least once every 96 hours.
Excessively long V/LAs (
14 days or longer
) may have stricter requirements imposed on them.
8. I reserve the right to warn and replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules. Please note that players are expected to do more than the bare minimum as outlined by these prodding rules. I reserve the right to warn and/or replace players whom I believe are exploiting loopholes in the activity rules, or are otherwise not treating the game as the commitment they signed up for.

Voting, Lynching, and Twilight Rules
  1. To vote, use
    Vote: Player
    or VOTE: Player.
  2. To unvote, use
    Unvote: Player
    or UNVOTE: Player.
  3. You do not have to unvote to change votes.
    Furthermore, I will only track the last *valid* vote in your post.
    Vote Conspiracy
    will not change your existing vote.
  4. Player abbreviations are allowed, although it must be *obvious* who your abbreviation refers to -- to the vote counter, preferably. If your vote is not being caught by the vote counter scrubber, I may edit your post.
  5. Hammer occurs when votes equal to half of all living players (rounded down) plus one cast a vote against the same player (or No Lynch). All votes after a hammer will not be counted, and the hammered player is the one who will flip. The time following a hammer is Twilight, and all players may continue talking.
  6. No lynch will occur if deadline is reached without a hammer.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Krazy »

Hydra Key

Please PM me how you will be signing as part of your hydra when confirming your role PM.

Conspire:
Cosmic & Esper

Birds and the Boys will sign using their usual names I think

Calvin and Hobbes:
Calvin & Hobbes
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Krazy »

Role PMs are out, game will start in either (expired on 2020-05-01 23:32:05) or when 14/17 have confirmed.

Currently 15/17 have confirmed.
Last edited by Krazy on Fri May 01, 2020 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Red Panda
Red Panda
Goon
Red Panda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Post by Red Panda »

Ego.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

Ego.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Krazy »

"The king is dead?"

How was it possible? The king of all the animals of the natural world. He was strong, fearsome, confident. And had a wonderful habit of talking long walks along treacherous cliffs. How could he possibly die?

But there he was...

Animal KingWelcome to Krazy's Animal upick!

Spoiler:

You are Mufasa, a
Town King Night 0 Victim

Flavor Mech:
-You are a Natural Animal

Mech:
PASSIVE -- Night 0 Victim: You die night 0.

PASSIVE -- King: You are not a player in this game and will not appear in flip lists. You only exist to establish all players have access to a sample town PM.

Win:
You win when the mafia has died.

Game thread here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82907

Confirm:
Please confirm by responding with your alignment and role name

"Who could have done it?"
the animals asked.

"I bet it was Scar..."
Rafiki muttered.
"That guy always was jelly of Mufasa."

"Nah brah, I got a sick alibi. I was with your mom all last night,"
Scar said.

"Wow. Savage,"
Rafiki muttered.

"Of course I'm Savage,"
Scar said, stalking closer.
"After all, this is ------- ANIMALS UPICK!"

Votecount 1.1

Not Voting (17): jjh927(0), farside22(0), mastina(0), Conspire(0), chemist1422(0), Calvin and Hobbes(0), votato(0), PenguinPower(0), HoldenGolden(0), Birds and the Boys(0), Bingle(0), Clover Ebi(0), Dunnstral(0), Blatant Scum(0), April Ludgate(0), Dr Easy Bake(0), Creature(0)

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-11 11:45:00)
vote conspiracy
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:01 am

Post by votato »

first! VOTE: blatant scum for obvious reasons
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:05 am

Post by farside22 »

*in
*witty comment here*
*insert random vote*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

hello I am going to go take a shower then I will be back
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Who wants to guess my animal?
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:15 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Oh...and obligatory:

VOTE: Birds and the Boys
<(") | (")>
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:15 am

Post by votato »

In post 11, PenguinPower wrote:Who wants to guess my animal?
leopard seal?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 9, farside22 wrote:*in
*witty comment here*
*insert random vote*
You can't just say "witty comment."

I have to know if you are capable of making one. It is extremely important.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 13, votato wrote:
In post 11, PenguinPower wrote:Who wants to guess my animal?
leopard seal?
Hey, Firebringer. This guy is my sworn enemy for Day 1.

How does that make you feel?
<(") | (")>
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Calvin ānd Hobbes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Calvin ānd Hobbes »

:D

-Calvin
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

PASSIVE -- King: You are not a player in this game and will not appear in flip lists. You only exist to establish all players have access to a sample town PM.
If only such a power existed.

You all failed RVS protocol and thus, the only valid course of action is to kill you one by one in order of your committed sin

VOTE: votato
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:26 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm sorry - what protocol has been violated?
<(") | (")>
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Conspire »

Claiming
Mafia Mason
. We will be siding with the town this time around.

VOTE: Birds and the Boys Happy with this lynch, they haven't done enough for me.

-Cosmic
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:31 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

RVS: Random Validation stage

And I see no validation occurring. For example, look at this post
In post 16, Calvin ānd Hobbes wrote:Image

:D

-Calvin
This is a textbook example of RVS by explicit validation of both his name and his vote with a comic strip

Gosh PP for someone who help runs the newbie thread I would thought you knew what RVS stood for
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Conspire »

You are loved, Holden.

-Cosmic
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

As a member of site administration I hereby change mafiascum RVS protocol.

No, I won't tell you what the new protocol is. You didn't ask nicely.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 20, HoldenGolden wrote:Gosh PP for someone who help runs the newbie thread I would thought you knew what RVS stood for
Helps run? Helps?

<(") | (")>
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Conspire »

Aren't you that same Penguin from Madagascar?

-Cosmic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”