DnD 5e: Lucrecia's Tower

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

DnD 5e: Lucrecia's Tower

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by chkflip »

Party Members:

Gremm Auromenalaki, Goliath Paladin I
Muraigur, Water Genasi Monk I
Elloria Fullbright, Half-Orc Ranger II
Bori Nurakas, Mountain Dwarf Fighter II

Quest:
Lucrecia's Tower

Spoiler: information
The planet rumbled for what felt like an eternity. Things shattered off of shelves, lantern posts crumpled, and the well collapsed in on itself in the middle of town. But what was the worst -- and strangest -- of all was a tower that simply flickered into existence. Murmurs stirred into rumors of tales, of legends, of an old woman some thousand years ago that magically sealed herself away in an old mage tower that stood seven stories tall at least. But all the intrigue went sour when a village nearby became quickly overtaken by what was only seen and reported as living shadows in the night. Who will brave the tower and answer the lingering questions or, at the very least, stake claim to the treasures rumored to have been sealed within?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

A hot summer's evening brings a sweat to your brow as you all collect yourselves around the fire. You had heard many things about a mysterious tower that flashed into existence after an earthquake and, though there were many tales of what it could be or what it could mean, there was only one thing collectively on your minds: treasure. The riches in that tower must be of the wildest dreams and desires. Why else would one hide away and cast a magic so foul to make an entire building evaporate from existence so long ago? Surely this must be the single truth amongst the fables of this place. But how did nobody simply... bump into it all this time? How did nobody happen on such a place? Or, what's worse, what if they did and were never heard from again?

These fears and more may tickle your mind; however, you four brave souls will see to it that you get yours regardless. There couldn't possibly be anything in this place that could best the likes of you. No way! But as you gather your bearings and cook some food, discussing whether it would be best to tackle the entrance in the dead of night or after the sun rose up... something approaches in the darkness. Something? Someone? It's hard to tell that anything beyond shadows lurk outside of the light of your fire.

You ready yourselves, all eyes on the growing sound of footfalls in the darkness when... a human walks into the light of the fire, hands raised as his eyes move from body to body nearest the flames.

"Steady your hands, adventurers. I am no threat to you."

He gives a warm smile as he draws nearer, his hips bearing sheathed weaponry and his back bearing a longbow and quiver. The clothing he wears ripples in the warm breeze of the evening in a flash of several bright and whimsical colors and his hands covered in thick leather gloves with the tips cut.

"You must be after the Tower. I've been... scouting it a bit myself but, what with being all alone, I haven't drawn the courage to approach it too near. Names Pip. Pip Geronimo. Yes,
that
Pip Geronimo. And I'd love to sit by this fire with you if you'd welcome me?"

The calm cadence of his voice seemed... strange even without any of you giving him too close of an inspection, but it doesn't appear as if he means you any harm.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Bori looks at the man, certain that he has never seen or heard of him before. A smile crosses his face.

"
The
Pip Geronimo? You don't say.
" Bori grabs a serving of food and passes it to Pip. "
Go ahead and take a seat; it's cold out here.
"
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2020 10:33 am

Post by KidAmn »

Muraigur looked the strange fellow up and down, one eyebrow raised, before shrugging slightly and relaxing, leaning against his haversack and making room by his side at the fire.

"Can't say as the name rings a bell, but can't say as I would turn down another pair of eyes."
He motioned towards the weapon at Pip's hip.
"And if you're any use with those i daresay that'll be a boon as well, if anything tall, dark and godforsaken crawls out of the walls."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

A kind nod to the sheepishly voiced Dwarf as the man accepts both the invitation and the food. Lightly, he chuckles at Muraigur's suggestion of the awful that may be at the tower while taking several back-to-back bites of the meat. It takes a moment before anything can be replied.

"You'd be surprised what even having them there does. A passerby sees a man dressed like me and might think me a good mark. But all these... options... well, they've given more than one ne'er-do-well a chance to think twice. But let's not worry about me. The tower, that big magnificent structure, that's why we're all here, no?"

He looks to each of you, as if to gather a confirmation, read you, or maybe even size you up as he takes another hearty bite of food. Pip pulls his dagger and adjusts himself to where he can use the ground next to him like a sheet of paper. The tip traces around in the soft ground in several shapes: a broken circle with several smaller circles seemingly bursting from or connected to it, three x marks near a corner, then a smattering or imperfect ovals and squares surrounding it.

"Right, so, the tower itself isn't in the greatest shape on the bottom. Whether that's the reason we can see it now is anyone's guess, but the wall has ruptured entirely in the back corner. I've seen someone attempt to go in that way and heard a scream. Didn't see them after that. Over here, on the other hand, you've got the front door. It's protected by a small group of dogs that... well, I'm not sure how they do it, but their bark is somewhat intimidating when in tandem. Watched a small group of Goblins high-tail it after they got sniffed out. Not sure if the door itself is unlocked or what, but those seem the easier ways in. Though I did notice the broken wall is piled in a way that one might bypass the first floor entirely if they climbed up and took a leap onto the second floor. From what I've seen it looks like an easy hop. Might be wrong about that, though."

Geronimo finishes his food and sucks the flavor from his fingers as he gives a thumbs up to the Dwarf.

"Screamy fella went in during the day, Goblins tried at night. Not sure it makes a difference when you try it but I can assure you you'd be the first to make it in when you do. When is that, by the way? Do you have a plan?"

He looks to each of you as he waits for an answer.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 9:22 am

Post by KidAmn »

"I think I prefer the bite and the bark I can see over an unseen horror in a dark hole in a wall. If goblins can walk away relatively unscathed, it can't be all that bad - and if any of us happen to have some candles or something similar, we could plug our ears against these howls you speak of."

Muraigur looks up to the rest of the party.

"That's assuming the dwarf doesn't want to take a chance being tossed across the broken wall, of course. I'd fancy my chances, and Elloria's, but only Arawei knows how the two of you might manage it."
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

"The way you're holding yourself, not a weapon on you. You're clearly a natural peacock for your race. Well, I'm surprised you're still standing here. What's the holdup?"

He eyes the silent one, an absolute giant in comparison.

"I'd expect that much from a guy like him is all I'm saying. So the dogs, right? Obviously not your run-of-the-mill rats in a basement type of job. I mean they look like dogs and they sound like dogs so I just don't know what else to call them. Saw someone hit one with a stick once... thought I saw it leak oil like a squid. But we're not in water, so, obviously weird, right?"

His head perks up and he looks beyond the group. You're not sure if you hear or see anything. There's nothing but deep, shadowy darkness around you at first glance.

"I guess you might not have to bring the show to them, tough guy."

Return to “Frogstar World B”