Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8875 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I think that Alchemist’s comment about 2k was a code to someone in this game.
Btw this wasn’t the case. I legit fucked up and accidentally posted what was supposed to be a text to my friend.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8876 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

it was real sweet that Auro/Gobb said I deserved to win with them.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8877 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Auro »

❤️
Always value effort in a game of apathy
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8878 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I am so glad I came around on Ari!Town. Just had to say that. Usually later in the game is when I can pick stuff up more. Otherwise I tend to overthink everything and switch my reads for pretty much zero reason sometimes.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8879 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8878, LicketyQuickety wrote:I am so glad I came around on Ari!Town. Just had to say that. Usually later in the game is when I can pick stuff up more. Otherwise I tend to overthink everything and switch my reads for pretty much zero reason sometimes.
We came together nicely in the end!

I gotta be honest, I was almost convinced you were a lyncher variant at one point!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8880 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 8824, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 8791, Auro wrote:I was on
every
mislynch wagon this game, and was only absent on Gobbles' lynch wagon. :lol: I was very afraid of replacements coming in and wrecking me.

Radical Rat, I liked your play!
Thanks, I liked yours too! And you did somehow manage to get me to at least not scumread you, despite my better judgement.

I'm glad I replaced into this game, it was really fun and the mechanics were neat
Your Welcome!
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8881 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I was too busy for 6 Games lol.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #8882 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

Having read very little of the thread for someone who checked it every day, I will say that I think scum was more fucked by failed infections than a lack of nightkills. I don't remember a single point in the game when the infected even neared a critical ratio, and the game was way more about slipping infections through PRs than traditional mafia.

Irch did a great job modding, and I don't think there was anything particularly bad about the setup other than a high level of swing.

In hindsight, a bit more information about how infections spread/immunity was generated probably would have made the game more fun, but I thought that the name of the game and the real life SIR (Susceptible, Infected and Recovered) model was a clue someone would have picked up on.
This is a Parachute.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #8883 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8872, Auro wrote:
In post 8871, Vecna wrote:hah, i knew something was iffy about you auro, but somehow I let you and mastina change my mind.
In post 8827, Nero Cain wrote:I shoulda pushed more or Auro. I knew something was up when he was town reading me for the first time ever.
In post 8824, Radical Rat wrote:And you did somehow manage to get me to at least not scumread you, despite my better judgement.
In post 8831, davesaz wrote:Auro's quantity of posting is probably the biggest factor in not attracting an outright scumread from me. I do think that I called it correctly, he was pushing reasonable but wrong stuff which matches the BTDT game.
Very amusing :lol:
Indeed, don't see ME trying to make excuses, I'm just owning up to having flat-out outright having made the mistake, no excuses allowed, it was an error on my part. :P
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8884 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

those aren't excuses :igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8885 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 8882, Jingle wrote:I don't remember a single point in the game when the infected even neared a critical ratio, and the game was way more about slipping infections through PRs than traditional mafia.
I think we were near a critical point on one of the nights! Achieving a true critical ratio is impossible because of the natural recoveries. If it grows exponentially, people also cure exponentially - and the latter is irreversible.

@Mastina: I don't think you'd commit such an error in the future though. One reason we were more in favor of killing you was that you nailed Gobbles being scum, and I was afraid you'd start reversing your read on me at some point!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8886 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm still for executing gobble.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8887 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: gobbles

Never too late!
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8888 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by clidd »

Fun game, sorry for being afk.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8889 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey Ircher remind me to do your game survey on, like, Tuesday. I keep forgetting.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8890 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

i need to take it too, tbh
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8891 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:25 pm

In post 8879, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 8878, LicketyQuickety wrote:I am so glad I came around on Ari!Town. Just had to say that. Usually later in the game is when I can pick stuff up more. Otherwise I tend to overthink everything and switch my reads for pretty much zero reason sometimes.

I gotta be honest, I was almost convinced you were a lyncher variant at one point!
Indeed. It was not my intention to force emotions out of you. I actually thought you were just Scum until you said some things I think you never say as Scum. Perhaps you can mimic that when you are Scum to fool me next time :D

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #8892 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 8891, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 8879, Aristophanes wrote:

Indeed. It was not my intention to force emotions out of you. I actually thought you were just Scum until you said some things I think you never say as Scum. Perhaps you can mimic that when you are Scum to fool me next time :D
Hahaha I'll try!

However I am unsure of exactly what it was that prompted the switch myself, even after reading it over multiple times. I guess you can keep your secrets.
- Jingle
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8893 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:35 pm

:wink:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”