Netflix: The Last Dance

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Netflix: The Last Dance

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Is anyone else watching this hit docuseries?

I'm not a basketball fan, not even into sports, but this series is extremely well produced from an entertainment standpoint.

It's really about relationships. It tells the story of an ascendant Michael Jordan taking a loser Bulls team into a dynasty championship team.

In the shadows, General Manager Jerry Krause, this Grima Wormtongue-looking short chubby figure who drafted Pippen, Jordan's number two, and masterminded the rest of the superstar team around Michael, including hiring the greatest coach in the world, Phil Jackson, who managed all the players' egos while balancing his own salary negotiations with management.

The relationship between Jerry and Phil deteriorated to the point where they were forced to work together again after 5 championships, going for six, for...the titular last dance.

The behind-the-scenes of Jordan's off-the-cuff remarks, like giving credit to Phil for allowing the players free time before the playoffs, which shows his experience compared to the "young coaches" who would probably force them to practice rather than let them decompress, is accentuated by an incredible gem of a soundtrack, from in-house produced music to credit scenes with Alan Parsons Project Sirius...

I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you
I can read your mind

The opening sequence gives me goosebumps:

Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “General Discussion”