Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:57 am

Post by Titus »

Starbuck, it was my pleasure to play with you. I hope you stick around.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Spring is a great player, and a bad leader. When she lets others take the lead, she's amazing supporting cast.

Starbuck I definitely need to adjust to playing with as she looks very scummy lol. I'll find the words to explain this one day.

Cakez being lynched d1 over dunstral (when midway passed the chain to duns) killed my motivation.

Overall this isn't a mechanic I would play again due to the large amount of time spent sitting on your hands doing nothing.

GG.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 3650, Titus wrote:Starbuck, it was my pleasure to play with you. I hope you stick around.
Sorry that you replaced into such a scummy slot! Ugh, had you caught up a bit sooner, you would have had the chain from me. I'm sorry.

And same here!
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The whole idea of "pass the quiz become conftown" was wrong, and anybody who wasn't picked for quiz or chain etc. it was really a sucky game with not a lot to do.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3652, Starbuck wrote:
In post 3650, Titus wrote:Starbuck, it was my pleasure to play with you. I hope you stick around.
Sorry that you replaced into such a scummy slot! Ugh, had you caught up a bit sooner, you would have had the chain from me. I'm sorry.

And same here!
It's ok. I know I lack an obvtown gene. ABR's slot wasn't scummy but anti-town. If he stayed, I would lynch him too. Since he subbed out for not getting his way, the toxic element, which was the reason to lynch him, had been removed.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:08 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3649, Starbuck wrote:Spring, if you had come at us with anything but the consistent hostility, we would have listened. To be real, if you hadn't been such a distraction with the way you were acting and treating us, we would have taken you seriously and might have won. I mean, I was reading and taking a lot of what you were saying into consideration. I just didn't want to interact with you because you were so rude for no reason. It's a team game and if you're going to treat your teammates like shit, then no one is going to want to help make your ideas a reality.

This was my first game back to MS in quite a few years. ABR actually reached out to me to ask me to play this and I was excited seeing the player list. I thought the mechanic was cool and didn't think I'd get to be a part of not one but two quizzes. I just didn't appreciate constantly being told that I suck when I literally just got back on site. I honestly thought that maybe I was being too sensitive to some stuff, but when farside and PB both expressed that they felt the same, I knew then it wasn't us but the common denominator.

So my only feedback to Maria would be that knowing the sitewide rules, there probably should have been some intervention somewhere. I'm not sure if there were any PMs or anything, but the enjoyability of the game was effectively killed for multiple players due to one person, and that needed to be addressed as it was happening.
Yeah sure. I'm only doing the only thing that matter in a game of mafia, finding scum and I'm killing "enjoyability".
Next time if you don't find a game enjoyable, replace out instead of shitting on other people.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 am

Post by springlullaby »

Oh and Farside and PB, the axis of wrong "thought the same thing".
You were beyond impolite. Next time try to consider that you are wrong.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 am

Post by springlullaby »

I take responsibility for selecting that group as leader, who did nothing but defend their spots in the quiz team instead of analyzing the game.
Like have some perspective. I don't get pissed by games, but this one did piss me off.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:15 am

Post by beeboy »

I'd play the setup again simply to see if new knowledge would help me out. But I agree with the point that "large amount of time spent sitting on your hands doing nothing." point ABR made and I am not sure if anything would be able to help that out. I actually did have fun in this game until the final day phase and I wouldn't say I am upset with the result I don't think I deserve to win.

I think we didn't' have a reliable way of tracking town thoughts, this game really brought out the aspect of mafia of "the loudest voice wins" which resulted in midway kind of getting dunked on the entire game. The result of so many people not being able to actively push their ideas just resulted in people being toxic to each other which was a bit rough.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:19 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3653, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The whole idea of "pass the quiz become conftown" was wrong, and anybody who wasn't picked for quiz or chain etc. it was really a sucky game with not a lot to do.
Nah, the mechanic was fine, the odds was scumsided, and in effect swingy.
But the set up was fine.

I thought town had a chance, I just understimated how dumb the town was.
It was so obvious to me unwnd was scum after the quiz team he put together.
It was obvious after my lynch that the mason claim was doubtful at least.
But the stupidity brigade actually voted scum as chainleader. AGAIN.

But that's just how it works with stupid: unfamiliar setup=high stress environment=OMGUS all the way.
Someone point out something that is "threatening" to them in the game= more OMGUS and stupid obstination.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:20 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3651, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Spring is a great player, and a bad leader. When she lets others take the lead, she's amazing supporting cast.
At least I didn't quit :P
And yeah, my enjoyment in any mafia game is finding scum. I have zero patience for babysitting egos.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 3658, beeboy wrote:I'd play the setup again simply to see if new knowledge would help me out. But I agree with the point that "large amount of time spent sitting on your hands doing nothing." point ABR made and I am not sure if anything would be able to help that out. I actually did have fun in this game until the final day phase and I wouldn't say I am upset with the result I don't think I deserve to win.

I think we didn't' have a reliable way of tracking town thoughts, this game really brought out the aspect of mafia of "the loudest voice wins" which resulted in midway kind of getting dunked on the entire game. The result of so many people not being able to actively push their ideas just resulted in people being toxic to each other which was a bit rough.
Yeah, this is a good point. By the lynch mechanics, this game was way more about charisma that it was about scumhunting. Which makes it interesting that the scumteam won mostly by flying under the radar! (and some good claims, tbf).
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 am

Post by beeboy »

I agreed with PB to kill Cakez, and I also did nothing in the final day phase. Along with being a key element to killing Titus.
I did play like garbage and I think the blame is universal across the entire town. No one was playing particularly well, and I think we all have something to take away from this game. Given this game was about the many elements of mafia outside reads and good votes which is what usually matters.

I was pushing NDMath all game but I wasn't pushing him through the mason claim which was planned by the scum so it's not like any of that really matters. I was pushing unwnd very late but I do much about it, and midway was pushing Dunnstral but didn't have a case. The rest if my read and the rest of town reads were just on town.

A lot of this post-game bickering feels like "you were mislynching the wrong town xD" but there isn't really ever a right town to mislynch we played badly and that's that. I had fun and I did learn from this game which is really all you can hope for in any game of mafia.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:27 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3658, beeboy wrote:I think we didn't' have a reliable way of tracking town thoughts, this game really brought out the aspect of mafia of "the loudest voice wins" which resulted in midway kind of getting dunked on the entire game. The result of so many people not being able to actively push their ideas just resulted in people being toxic to each other which was a bit rough.
Nah, I see it as difficulty to adjust to the setup, which is effectively more kingmaker than traditional mafia.
People were trying to reproduce traditional mafia strategy and voting scheme instead of considering it as a different game.
That was what really annoyed me all game.

And anytime real talk about the game happened you had the suck brigade intervention of blablabla because it's too big for their brain.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3661, Nahdia wrote:charisma
That word shouldn't be touched with a 10 inches pole in a game of mafia.
What are the kids learning these days.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:36 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 3663, springlullaby wrote:
In post 3658, beeboy wrote:I think we didn't' have a reliable way of tracking town thoughts, this game really brought out the aspect of mafia of "the loudest voice wins" which resulted in midway kind of getting dunked on the entire game. The result of so many people not being able to actively push their ideas just resulted in people being toxic to each other which was a bit rough.
Nah, I see it as difficulty to adjust to the setup, which is effectively more kingmaker than traditional mafia.
People were trying to reproduce traditional mafia strategy and voting scheme instead of considering it as a different game.
That was what really annoyed me all game.

And anytime real talk about the game happened you had the suck brigade intervention of blablabla because it's too big for their brain.
I think not flipping scum day 1 literally lost us the game with how we chose to play.
No one fought the masons outside random tin foil comments, which means anytime they touched the chain they could simply secure the scum team by passing to unwnd since NDMath had such low presence he could get away with anything.

And without breaking that apart we literally could have never won the game.
Not a single townie was pushing to break that apart so I don't think any of us really deserved to win.

We were pushing unwnd on the last day phase but at that point it was too late because scum was the one who was securing his safety.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:37 am

Post by beeboy »

I don't mean to come across as pessimistic I am more saying I don't think the blame game gets us anywhere because we were all really just pushing different townies as far as this game is concerned as long as we weren't fighting the masons.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:46 am

Post by springlullaby »

I though Dunn was scum day 2, but wanted the chain pass, and thought PB was scum more so because of the unwnd situation.
I was pushing unwnd scum day 2 too. And certainly didn't vote unwnd as chainleader N1.

The game was lost by the combination of:
- not flipping the crappy claim
- axis of suck voting in unwnd as chainleader
- ego wrapping and some truly terrible OMGUS
- farside being so wrong and people listening to her: choose TSE vs unwnd, coming up with the worst theory about why unwnd's claim wasn't scum, voting unwnd in as chainleader.

Starbuck and Farside were the biggest tools this game, PB had at least the grace to recognize why I suspected him because of his choosing to keep unwnd.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:50 am

Post by springlullaby »

Also, NDmath never actually reaching bottom 2 despite cruising all game.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 am

Post by springlullaby »

Btw Starbuck, to convince you of your own suckery: you owe me an apology that isn't forthcoming.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:58 am

Post by beeboy »

Mislynching PB over you just makes us lose differently, it's not like Far/SB/PB costed the town a foreseeable win sheeping you.
None of the scum reads placed on Dunnstral/NDMath matter if we let them get away with a mason claim.

You have to push a mason claim very hard to see traction which wasn't happening by anyone. Dunn/Math could always secure their 3rd team member so they had to be pegged before unwnd reads really mattered. I don't think we realized the pacing of this game which made us trip up.

A day 1 scum lynch might have changed the momentum but day 2/3 we all were really digging our own graves just in different ways.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:00 am

Post by beeboy »

We are just arguing which one of us was digging said grave the fastest right now but I don't think that matters.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:10 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3670, beeboy wrote:Mislynching PB over you just makes us lose differently, it's not like Far/SB/PB costed the town a foreseeable win sheeping you.
None of the scum reads placed on Dunnstral/NDMath matter if we let them get away with a mason claim.

You have to push a mason claim very hard to see traction which wasn't happening by anyone. Dunn/Math could always secure their 3rd team member so they had to be pegged before unwnd reads really mattered. I don't think we realized the pacing of this game which made us trip up.

A day 1 scum lynch might have changed the momentum but day 2/3 we all were really digging our own graves just in different ways.
PB going down one day earlier=even if I'm mislynched the mason claim doesn't look good afterward.
And Dunnstral is not getting voted chainleader.

That's one more day.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:11 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 3670, beeboy wrote:Mislynching PB over you just makes us lose differently, it's not like Far/SB/PB costed the town a foreseeable win sheeping you.

Oh yeah, I take responsibility for the crappiest d1 qt team ever, you take responsibility for not helping me eliminate one member of the axis of suck.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 am

Post by springlullaby »

But I guess it didn't matter in the sense that Farside tunnel since day 1 was - ABR, Midway, TSE, me = all town.
Starbuck was clearly not playing.
The rest of Raya, PB, Titus, even midway and TSE and you were just sheeping at that point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”