What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

Maybe the review thread should be public and linked since the game is open? There's really no point keeping a review of an open setup closed.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 50, implosion wrote:well then they can't be justifiedly annoyed :p
"you're not allowed to be annoyed at NSG"
-Famous Normal Listmoderator, implosion "number boy" van hendricksson
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by implosion »

I don't think we want it public for the game - while technically no strict new information is here there's definitely stuff that could bias people into looking at the setup a certain way. No need to add that extra influence.

Waiting on what Poyzin has to say.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Poyzin »

I had planned on writing "begrudgingly accepted by northsidegal" in the thread itself.

The problem that I see with making the review thread public is that while we're talking about different strategies that both sides can use, I'd rather not give the players access to that and would rather have them make decisions for themselves. Additionally, if they come to the thread and see how much the reviewer doesn't like the setup, it is going to make the players less likely to enjoy the game if the reviewer has an openly negative of the setup itself, and the last thing I want to do is to make the players not want to play. If anything, I'd rather have the PT open up after the end of the game. But if this is an issue about trying to uphold a reputation, then I don't know what to do.

Also, I have the role PMs.
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Poyzin »

Mafia Roleblocker
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Roleblocker, and are a member of the Mafia faction along with your Goon partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: You may talk with your partners at any time here [Conversation link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, you or one of your partners may perform a nightkill.
Roleblock: If you are not committing the nightkill, you may instead select a player to roleblock; that player will not be able to perform their night action.

Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Goon
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Goon, and are a member of the mafia faction along with your Goon partner, [Player Name] and your Roleblock partner, [Player Name].

Abilities:
Factional communication: You may talk with your partners at any time here [Conversation link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, you or one of your partners may perform a nightkill.
1x-Ninja: Once per game, you may choose to make your nightkill be invisible to the Tracker and Voyeur.

Win condition: You win when at least half of the living players are mafia, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Tracker Mason
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Tracker Mason, and you share a private topic with your partner [Player Name], the Voyeur Mason.

Abilities:
Private communication: You may talk with your partner at any time here [Private Topic link].
Track: Each night, you may check a player to learn who that player targeted, but not what action they used.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Voyeur Mason
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Voyeur Mason, and you share a private topic with your partner [Player Name], the Tracker Mason.

Abilities:
Private communication: You may talk with your partner at any time here [Private Topic link].
Voyeur: Each night, you may check a player to learn what actions were performed on your target, but not by whom.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Neapolitan
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Neapolitan.

Abilities:
Investigate: Each night, you may investigate a player; you will be told whether or not that player is a vanilla townie.

Vanilla Townie
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:
Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Poyzin »

Color will be added when the role PMs are officially sent out.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i'm sorry, i didn't mean to be harsh, it's just that this setup includes some design elements that i'm personally not a fan of.

your ninja role PM should be titled "Mafia 1-shot Ninja", not just "Mafia Goon" (similar change should also be made to the other scum role PM which calls that partner a "Goon partner").

i think that to be more clear your voyeur role PM should say "...to learn what
type
of action(s) were performed on your target, but not by whom. You will receive results from the following categories: {Commute, Blocking, Jailkeep, Protection, Miscellaneous, Kill, Role Investigation, Action Investigation}". if you don't want to include that last sentence you don't have to, but i think it's nice. voyeur and follower are sort of weird roles and i think it helps to have it all written out there.

didn't notice anything other problems. from here it's just your night result PMs and your rules

things fall apart
Poyzin
Poyzin
Goon
Poyzin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Poyzin »

Huh, I didn’t actually realize you needed more stuff for this. Rules and night results are probably the easiest part to make, I could’ve thrown something together lol

Anywho, I hosted the game on my homesite from late-June to July as a semi-open setup. I didn’t really think about calling this one off, but I think it was pretty obvious now that it wasn’t happening. Ironically, town destroyed scum, and there was an argument that the setup was more townsided? Idk, the lynches were scum/town/town/scum/scum for a town victory with 4 still alive at the end.But that was with an odd-night roleblocker and an even-night rolecop, with the possibility of a chocolate townie or a traitor in the game to give it a little spice.

I don’t actually plan on hosting this game here anymore; I apologize for flaking, but I just wanted to host this somewhere as it was the first setup I ever designed (I made it a year back or something) and wanted to host it for history’s sake. Thank you for the review however, it did give me crucial info to use while balancing; I stuck with the tracker/voyeur because the watcher follower had a broken interaction as you described previously, so it did help me out. Anywho, I’m probably going to disappear again. Truly, I am grateful for your time!
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:14 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm glad i was able to be helpful!

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”