Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 67, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:HEAL: DEIMOS
HEAL: SLEEPERSOUL
HEAL: DC
HEAL: Pooky
HEAL: Votato

fixed tags
Hmm, you dropped Bug Spray and me from the lovers game, how interesting.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 74, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 71, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 67, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:HEAL: DEIMOS
HEAL: SLEEPERSOUL
HEAL: DC
HEAL: Pooky
HEAL: Votato

fixed tags
Hmm, you dropped Bug Spray and me from the lovers game, how interesting.
I mean, bugspray was apparently playing more chess than mafia last game, soo......
They were still town though.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 75, Datisi wrote:
flavourImage
Now that's the good shit.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

HEAL: Deimos

HEAL: Alduskkel

HEAL: Clover

HEAL: Sleeper

HEAL: Tux
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 91, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because
it could help scum
to discuss it now.
If this is actually true, town points for votato
If you don't know, why say anything?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 95, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 93, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 91, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 87, votato wrote:we arent gonna discuss day 2 because
it could help scum
to discuss it now.
If this is actually true, town points for votato
If you don't know, why say anything?
I dunno, because I'm a tinfoil hat nutter? And it's also kind of a reaction test, isn't it?

votato I'm not obvtown yet?
What's the test?

I'm wondering why to specify giving him town points when the inverse is just as true. Meaning "if this is actually untrue, scum points for Votato."
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 97, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 96, Tuxedo Mask wrote:"if this is actually untrue, scum points for Votato."

yes, I agree with that but didn't mention it. I thought that by conditionally giving votato town points, I might be able to read him by his reaction
Okay, town points to Vtato.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

The coalition is over Bug, it's day 2. We're catching scum now.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@Votato, is the thing you want Sleeper to do to prove they're town sheeping you?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

I don't have a town read of Pooky, they said in Lovers that they post way less as scum. And while they're posting more than many others in this game, they are posting way less than themselves. They are also being way less confrontational.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 199, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 192, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I don't have a town read of Pooky, they said in Lovers that they post way less as scum. And while they're posting more than many others in this game, they are posting way less than themselves. They are also being way less confrontational.
Game's been up for what, 10 hours? And he has 33 posts. I don't know how much he usually posts, but that looks pretty solid to me.
What do you mean by being less confrontational?
viewtopic.php?t=83365&f=83&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

In that same amount of time he got to 90 posts in Lovers. He was also heavily pursuing reads. Just constant unrelenting pressure, and insults. He also cited his post count as evidence of his townies multiple times. Saying he doesn't post nearly as much as scum. He is currently not posting nearly as much.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

That's why I'm comparing Bear to himself, not to other players. He posts a lot, but a lot compared to most players is still way less compared to himself.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 208, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 99, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 97, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 96, Tuxedo Mask wrote:"if this is actually untrue, scum points for Votato."

yes, I agree with that but didn't mention it. I thought that by conditionally giving votato town points, I might be able to read him by his reaction
Okay, town points to Vtato.
Can you explain this to me, Tux?
That was a joke, cause the conversation started with me calling out Sleeper "giving Votato" town points. They then said it was a partial reaction test. So I, while talking about it being a test, gave Votato points for no reason. Honestly, it's a bit weird Votato didn't respond to that joke at all.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 233, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 192, Tuxedo Mask wrote:They are also being way less confrontational.
are you high or something?

I'm less confrontational because we're in the look for good guys phase, not the look for bad guys phase.
You can still make a town block by aggressively scum hunting. You just use POE.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 239, DonCorleone wrote:Tux reading the thread but not commenting on my callout is also a bad look lol
I don't comment on call outs. If you have questions for me I'll answer them. If there is a conversation to be had I'll have it. You just saying I'm scum and then saying you won't explain would be a waste of everyone's time to comment on.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 241, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 235, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Like I'm not even looking for scum right now, so it makes no sense to run aggressive attacks on people since we're doing coalition building not scum lynching
This is a very good response and I feel like an idiot for not making the connection on my own.
I really don't see it as a reason to play differently, care to explain? It also doesn't wave away the reduced post count. Something Bear said they do as scum
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 242, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 237, Tuxedo Mask wrote:You can still make a town block by aggressively scum hunting. You just use POE.
that's such an ass-backwards way of building a good town block.

Attacking people to try to make them slip doesn't really work when you're not in the lynching phase of the game. if anything it's a distraction.
I consider your playstyle a distraction regardless. If you think someone is scummy and can convince others, that seems like a good way to keep scum out of the coalition.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 245, Deimos27 wrote:You don't see why scumhunting is inherently more aggressive than townhunting?
I understand that I don't see why you can't aggressively scum hunt, and then just make the coalition of those you don't scum read.

Town hunting or scum hunting to build the coalition the end results should be the same. Also Bear plays that way to garner reactions from people, so what he's doing is far from what I've seen. Again I feel garnering reactions by aggressively baring people from a coalition could yield results. But Bear seems content to just sit back and hope townies present themselves.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 249, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 243, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I really don't see it as a reason to play differently, care to explain? It also doesn't wave away the reduced post count. Something Bear said they do as scum

You're really comparing my workday post count to my weekend post count?

What could possibly be the reason for the difference. Let me think about that and get back to you.

Right, I forgot you posted your schedule at the start of the game.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

[ongoing game reference]
Last edited by Datisi on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 253, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 251, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Right, I forgot you posted your schedule at the start of the game.
I think it's fair to assume most people work on Tuesday and have Saturday off. Using my post count difference between the two games is frankly nonsense since I was busy away from the keyboard for large parts of today.
Well, I'm a student, out of school and out of work because of covid. So there are lots of reasons to post just as much Saturday as Tuesday.
In post 252, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 250, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Town hunting or scum hunting to build the coalition the end results should be the same. Also Bear plays that way to garner reactions from people, so what he's doing is far from what I've seen. Again I feel garnering reactions by aggressively baring people from a coalition could yield results. But Bear seems content to just sit back and hope townies present themselves.

1. Attacking people and getting them lynched yields very different results from excluding someone from a coalition

2. Watching how people behave on their own is pretty good for first getting a baseline behavior before you begin reaction testing. You do not go straight to reaction testing right away.
Can you explain the difference for me? You don't have to give away the secrets of what you're looking for, but it seems I have a very unaligned view of the coalition than most players.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

[ongoing game reference]

Not talking about whatever other game you're playing with them. I will say this. You said like word for word the same thing in Lovers. Votato was scum then, does that not give you pause?
Last edited by Datisi on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 281, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 278, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Not talking about whatever other game you're playing with them. I will say this. You said like word for word the same thing in Lovers. Votato was scum then, does that not give you pause?
No, because his caution towards me earlier this comes across as townie..... and even without that fact, just no.
What do you mean just know. You were super sure Votato was town before, and they played you like a fiddle. What's different.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

[ongoing game reference]

But don't tell me I'm just wrong when in Lovers you town read Votato based on an unfinished game and were wrong, and now you're doing it again.
Last edited by Datisi on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 288, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you guys should drop this subject and just scrub sleeper's comments for the last 2 pages just to avoid tainting the other game
Yeah, sorry. I wasn't trying to talk about the game, just make a point about history repeating. Sorry Daitsi.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 304, votato wrote:
In post 199, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 192, Tuxedo Mask wrote:I don't have a town read of Pooky, they said in Lovers that they post way less as scum. And while they're posting more than many others in this game, they are posting way less than themselves. They are also being way less confrontational.
Game's been up for what, 10 hours? And he has 33 posts. I don't know how much he usually posts, but that looks pretty solid to me.
What do you mean by being less confrontational?
thats actually more than usual, although sleeper is active generally, and may still be hyped from our love last game.
We're talking about Bear here.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@Sleeper in your own words why are the people in your coalition there?

@Koba, I spent twenty minutes trying to find a gif and didn't find something I liked. So instead you'll get a much more bland question into the game. Why is Demois scum? I think they're one of my more confident town reads.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 417, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 416, Tuxedo Mask wrote:@Sleeper in your own words why are the people in your coalition there?
Mostly just because I'm townreading them (lol duh) but I'm not really looking for scum. So the weaker town reads aren't going in and neither are the non-reads. I can put more effort (reread) into backing this up later.
Yeah, I get that, but why are you townreading them?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 406, SleeperSoul wrote:I guess I just felt more like tux was 'sadtown' or more concerned feeling last game. This game it seems more like 'madtown'.... I could see it still being townie though.
Care to elaborate on this, because as it stands I don't believe you.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 427, Deimos27 wrote:Tux, update me on your current reads.
Deimos: Deimos giving me good vibes, probably the most solvie. Got a nice naturalness to their posts. Also taking the coalition from L-1 seems good. I don't see the scum motivation for it.

Koba: I think Bug's lack of posts, and not being able to solve the game mechanically is town indictive. For Koba specifically, it feels good to be seen, and their posts feel good, but it probably wouldn't be difficult for scum repping into to make those posts either.

Don: I think I get the best vibes from their current Coalition being different from the block of Sleeper, Votato, Bear. That slight change in reads just rubs me the right way.

Votato: Has some weird posts, but I don't think I can place them. I think I just disagree with their reads, and something doesn't feel super right about their interactions with Sleeper or about being in the coalition.

Sleeper: I think they're town, just tonally. They're certainly being heavily influenced by other people's reads which they did last game. But I am pinged by them saying I feel tonally different. The post they clipped was a joke about me saying it sucks I'm so easily pocketed, and they seemed to think I was an angry townie enough that game because they sent me an apology thinking they had pissed me off.

Clover: I like their opening posts, and they have a good tonal feel.

Alduskkel: I think their engagement with Don's plan, and refusal to sheep feels good. I think it would be easier for scum to not challenge there.

Bear: going by their own words
In post 627, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: I don't post a lot as scum - I sit back and let townies murder each other and manipulate. I only get hyper active when I'm town
this is what it feels like they are doing now, and I was underwhelmed by their response. They seemed a lot more charitable to me being 'wrong' about them then they were in Lovers.

HURT: My original coalition
HEAL: Deimos
HEAL: Koba
HEAL: Don
HEAL: Tux
P:edit Resonance?
Also, I actually had Alduskkel in my coalition before they posted. Since at the time I didn't have strong reads and filled it with mostly lurkers for variety.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

My current tin foil hat is scum Votato and Bear are just pocketing Sleeper again.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 435, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 430, Tuxedo Mask wrote:Sleeper: I think they're town, just tonally. They're certainly being heavily influenced by other people's reads which they did last game. But I am pinged by them saying I feel tonally different. The post they clipped was a joke about me saying it sucks I'm so easily pocketed, and they seemed to think I was an angry townie enough that game because they sent me an apology thinking they had pissed me off.
In post 434, Tuxedo Mask wrote:My current tin foil hat is scum Votato and Bear are just pocketing Sleeper again.
I would be more inclined to believe your tinfoil theory if you had acknowledged that you are/can be feeling different this game as town. But I do think it's a towny statement. Still 50/50 on you.
I do know I can feel different, that wasn't what I said to you. I was saying that what you sited as me feeling different did not ring true. If you don't think I was an angry townie last game why did you apologize for "getting me salty"?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 448, votato wrote:tux you say sleeper is town being pocketed, yet you arent voting sleeper. why not?
Because I can't confidently read Sleeper at all. I feel their playstyle would be very easy to fake as scum. So you (I think) and Bear being so confident you could peg scum sleeper gives me weird vibes, because I can't do it.

So it's a weird circle where I don't town read Sleeper, so seeing confident town reads make me wary of the people pushing it, making me feel like they're pocketing them, but then I read their posts and they fry my brain and don't see it as either alignment. Does that make sense?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #33) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 453, Alduskkel wrote:also this sounds weird but deimos's scumread on me feels like it makes more sense than tux's townread on me
That doesn't sound weird, but it adds to my town read.

@Deimos do you think Sleeper's style would be easy or hard to replicate as scum?
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 458, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 456, Deimos27 wrote:Noobscum tends to be sitting on quite a large cognitive load. Admittedly I am generalizing based on my personal experiences.
This results in them posting less often and in more serious a manner.
Okay, this all makes sense. It also appears only Koba and I aren't healing Sleeper, I thought it was fewer for some reason. This makes me feel more comfortable with them and Votato.

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 462, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 459, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 458, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 456, Deimos27 wrote:Noobscum tends to be sitting on quite a large cognitive load. Admittedly I am generalizing based on my personal experiences.
This results in them posting less often and in more serious a manner.
Okay, this all makes sense. It also appears only Koba and I aren't healing Sleeper, I thought it was fewer for some reason. This makes me feel more comfortable with them and Votato.

This tell is pretty much exclusive to newbies. You can't really apply it to votato.
Sorry, I didn't mean I was applying it to Votato. I mean that I am less concerned over Votato's confident town read of Sleeper as it seems to be a sentiment everyone shares. For some reason, I thought only Don, Votato, and Bear were healing Sleeper, which made me more nervous.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”