Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 244, Nash wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 199, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 73, Elsa Jay wrote:Sorry I'm a little late here folks.
Took a mental break from the site for 2 days.
Hope I'm still in this game, which I assume I am since in being voted.
Black: Apology for being late - not really necessary, but not meaningful in itself.
Red: Excuse for being late, referenced "from the site" to imply NAI here - more unnecessary explanation for absence, and a bit overdefensive (as if pre-occupied with the prospect of getting shade for this).
Green: "Hope I'm still in this game" - obvious he is still in the game, otherwise he wouldnt be posting. why say this? not real talk, just a 'tail between legs' performance.
In post 90, Elsa Jay wrote:
I'm trying to find a place in this game
tbh
. I feel like this group doesn't need a comic relief so I'm not doing that, but...
Honestly
I'm looking at this 8p and realize 2 mis-word pendings and we lose.
So I'm thinking hard RN, but mainly I feel like following another's lead. So.

If you vote me for being an open follower be my guest,
but
I just think I'll get better results not mucking up this game with my usual style.

Micros are Weird.
Despite previous apology for not being here and relief(?) at not being cut, when you might expect next posts to be catching up and contributing, instead it's just excuses for struggling to engage. It's a short game, moving slowly - I don't buy for a second that Elsa-town would be incapable of making something happen here, or at least keeping up with the limited content on offer. With only 8 players, game may not go long - even a novice who frequently sheeps in larger games would conclude sheeping is a poor strategy here, especially with no good reason. 2 "honestly" scumtells, in bold above. It doesn't feel like Elsa wants to play here, and that his main objective is quite clearly survival, rather than trying to contribute to lynching scum. Classic lazy-scum. Other highlights:

Red: Over-defensive again. Why is Elsa-town so obsessively pre-occupied with trying to avoid getting votes? Quite clear from the way this is worded that Elsa feels like that being an "open" follower should buy him some towncred - as if being shameless about it makes it more excusable.

Blue: Definitely uncomfortable with the game, but why? Why would Elsa, who is an experienced and competent player, be so completely unable to engage with a game this straightforward? I could understand simply lurking, but by being honest, it seems like Elsa has played himself out of the hand. Being honest about being scummy isn't town indicative, especially when it's being used as an attempt to garner pity - it's scum indicative. This feels entirely like scum who isn't quite sure how to approach the game. Town-Elsa wouldn't be so inhibited and frankly, nervous.

Green: the very principle of following someone else, despite clearly having put some thought into the game, doesn't sit right. At best, it's anti-town behaviour, and not something I'd expect from Elsa-town. Looks to just be an excuse to ride someone's coattails and not pretend to scumhunt (which is undue effort for scum, and paramount MO for town).

Italics: Implies Elsa expects to reap benefits at some point later in the game. But how does Elsa know he will be alive later in the game?
In post 93, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 91, Raya36 wrote:Do you have any reads or thoughts Elsa?
Eh.
I think Beeboy jumped on the gone slot too soon, particularly as someone who didn't see my VLA message or status, and probably also knows I really like playing scum.

Might've been VLA but... Still feels weird to pick me out of the crowd.
"eh"?? - was Elsa really not expecting to answer any questions? This from Raya isn't particularly taxing, which is perhaps telling in itself. Only thought is OMGUS against Beeboy. Not a good justification - it's always good practice for town to pressure quiet people early in smaller games, because scum can feasibly see a route to victory through lurking. Again, the thrust of his post above is giving excuses for himself, rather than talking about Beeboy or anyone else. He prematurely asserts here, in his own defense, that he isn't scum because he would be more engaged as scum. Self-meta never great, especially when unprovoked, and I know this self-meta to be inaccurate, as I've played with Elsa-town and seen him much more engaged than this. And Elsa-town is a more sophisticated scumhunter than this lame effort. Also throws up the VLA defence again - even more unnecessary than last time - nobody would be lynching Elsa today because he was VLA for 2 days. Way too defensive.
In post 106, Elsa Jay wrote:Jester you still haven't found an icon for yourself? The white box makes me eanna glance over you.
non-game-related junk
In post 111, Elsa Jay wrote:
If I was that easy I wouldn't have my title now would I?

But continue and realize after I die, not only do you not get associations, but you only get one mislynch here. Make it count.
this is Elsa's response to my original vote. Interesting that he again confidently asserts that there's only 1 mislynch, although this is not open setup - implies he has knowledge of number of scum.

I've split response into 2 parts, red and blue again:

Red: Claims he wouldn't be scum because it would be too easy, as if that is meant to convince me - presumably because he knows he's been very scummy here, or else is paranoid about his own scumminess. Either way, it's vindication of my suspicion, and makes me question why others haven't jumped on this.

Blue: Is that a threat? or a guilt-trip? No value in it either way, as there's no actual reason here to make me think he's town. Odd claim that with his lynch I'd get no associations - that's something I can't imagine town saying, because as town, do you really worry about associations!? It seems like quite a candid take that Elsa is intentionally not interacting properly here to avoid implicating their scumbuddy. The appeal to emotion here is an escalation of the previous over-defensive behaviour, Elsa has 1 or 2 votes at this point, with near unanimity (5/7) required to lynch - the defeatist vibe still seems like overkill to me.
In post 125, Elsa Jay wrote:To Raya: I'm not being vocal for multiple reasons I guess.

1 is that I
legit
forgot I signed up for this game and came in with my dress off, so to say. So I came in at a disadvantage.

2 is that I'm not 100% in my mind RN so I'm taking it slow to get back into things. I do wanna help, just... I'm working on it.

3 is... More I guess I don't have someone to bounce off of yet.
More excuses for not posting. Let's break them down!

1. The game is like 8 pages or something? Not sure what it was at this point. But it's hardly an insurmountable amount of content to get to grips with and catch up, especially given PRETTY MUCH NOTHING HAPPENED! The attempt to garner sympathy here is pretty transparent, and I'm surprised anyone bought it. Also, this reason is different to the earlier excuses for not posting (taking a 2 day break from the site). Use of word "legit" here, is in similar camp to the "honestly" tells as an old-school classic scumslip. Why would we assume you didn't "legit" forget you signed up to the game? Again, overly defensive.

2. I don't have much to say on this, but I would observe that Elsa has been perfectly able to post with reasonable frequency, and has responded when he is under pressure.

3. I'm not sure how Elsa expects to ever get anyone to "bounce off" with his attitude, particularly in the preceding post, of not liking it when people ask him easy questions. Nobody is buying this one - assume it's just here because 3 is a good number of points to have, and there weren't any more "legit" excuses.
In post 135, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 132, Battle Mage wrote:I'm baffled at anyone suggesting Elsa looks town here. Baffled!

My vote ain't moving.
Well your attitude of only having 1 lynch target isn't very townie either now is it?
OMGUS against me now. Implies my suspicion of him is scum-indicative; unsubstantiated and untrue. It's tetchy, and obviously affected, but still not enough to wake Elsa from his slumber.
In post 147, Elsa Jay wrote:I was telling you an out of game opinion. I like it when people pick nice avis. Let's me see their personalities.
The first in a series of non-game-related junk, to boost the post count.
In post 149, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I made sure to use my previous nickname of you to show I recognized you.

Battle Mage not having an icon is a statement in itself. You having a white box? What's the symbolism?
non-game-related junk
In post 151, Elsa Jay wrote:That I'm still mad at you for that one time you abandoned a game Bambi signed up for when she was excited for it.
non-game-related junk
In post 161, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 159, Nash wrote:Hello. Are we eliminating today?
Why must you have that cursed icon... Spider-Man has traumatized me.
non-game-related junk
In post 170, Elsa Jay wrote:Considering you have me as the scum team beebee it's wrong sadly.
Quite clear that all Elsa cares about here is not being suspected himself. No attempt to engage beyond the "I'm not scum doe".
In post 177, Elsa Jay wrote:Not to agree with Spider-Man but if there's a no exe it becomes a 5-2 with the knowledge scum used to kill someone night one.

It also garuntees the PRs get 2 nights to act instead of just 1 which puts is in instant MyLo
Supporting (note, not leading) an anti-town push for a no-execution on Day 1. It's closed setup, day start. Very rare that No-execution is going to benefit town more than scum here. Given town may have protective role(s), this is not the right play, and Elsa is bright enough to know that.
In post 179, Elsa Jay wrote:So your saying follow meta, kill me, watch PR get NKed, then exe the second wrong person and lose?
as above, pushing pro-scum strategy, piggybacking off somebody else.
In post 196, Elsa Jay wrote:I mean it as in all the Spider-Man x Elsa shit on the internet.

I'm traumatized in the meme way not the serious way. Keep your icon bro.
Are you seriously suggesting you want to do naughty things with Spidey? :eek:

More non-game-related junk.

And that is literally all of Elsa's posts.

Eh, I honestly think this is pretty legit.
I'm feeling town!mage.
VOTE: Nash
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 249, Elsa Jay wrote:If you care to know, I'm a VT but my motivation for this game is shite. So.

Yeah I got nothing more. I'll genuinely try day 2 probs but if Battle isn't scum here he just sides with them to kill me day 2.

So yeah get rid of me and pray the PR doesn't get hit. With no Crumbs in MYXO (or whatever it's called now) basically be careful of who says they got a guilty because one more wrong execute and they win.

Still a decent reason to not exe anyone so scum don't get the freedom to claim like that but whatever.
It's ELO but I prefer ELLO
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by dsjstr »

In post 226, Testarossa wrote:Both max and beeboy seem to suspect each other to a major extent based on a former game(s). Can't really weigh in on this. Which game are you talking about?
I just read a thread about fake fights between s/s but to where it is not enough to get a wagon. I'm going to look into this, haven't even read what max and beeboy said yet tbh.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Post by dsjstr »

Spoiler:
In post 81, votato wrote:
In post 80, beeboy wrote:Add a comma after 3, votato is town along with my other reads. That sentence makes sense with the comma

I wish I could take that dumb tell but I don't think I can in good faith.
well explain what you were thinking then. why ddid you think there was a neighborhood? why would you think im in it? who would the other members be?
In post 89, votato wrote:
In post 85, beeboy wrote:
In post 81, votato wrote:
In post 80, beeboy wrote:Add a comma after 3, votato is town along with my other reads. That sentence makes sense with the comma

I wish I could take that dumb tell but I don't think I can in good faith.
well explain what you were thinking then. why ddid you think there was a neighborhood? why would you think im in it? who would the other members be?
I said that???
oh no, it was someone else who brought up a neighborhood re what you said. your post makes sense. dunno where that neighborhood thought came from from the other person

Actually, he seemed to be too buddy buddy with me, I was the one who mentioned the neighborhood but he doesn't even try to question me. Some of his prior posts could also arguably be defending me and an attempt to pocket me.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by dsjstr »

VOTE: Nash

I could get on this
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 255, dsjstr wrote:VOTE: Nash

I could get on this
UNVOTE:

VOTE: Elsa
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

... Sigh,
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 247, Testarossa wrote:Considering how this is dragging out I can't help but think that Elsa is either scum getting bussed or is town and the other scum is for some reason afraid of being the hammer while the other is already on the wagon.
In both cases I see the scum on the wagon in [Raya, beeboy], I probably like Raya less there going by the progression of her Elsa read. Sincerely doubt both scum are piling up on this wagon, since Elsa doesn't strike me as high priority target, if she is town.

Could also be both off, but I feel then one would already have hammered by this point. Game is dead af after all, there is probably rarely a better chance to not come of scummy with just hammering.
This is going off the assumption that there's 2 scum I assume? Do you think scum would bus in a setup with only 2 mafia?

In post 256, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 255, dsjstr wrote:VOTE: Nash

I could get on this
UNVOTE:

Can you explain this?
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by maxwell »

I've no interest in voting Nash. I wanted to believe Elsa was just town having trouble getting interested in the game (because I feel that sentiment and it's been a not great game so far) but this doesn't look like town resignation, he's not outing reads or really saying much of anything and wouldn't answer me when I tried to push him to give something. Looks more like an admission of defeat.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by maxwell »

UNVOTE:

Was waiting to see if there was any comment, there wasn't, talked myself into this being an okay vote.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by dsjstr »

Elsa Gets Hit By A Car
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 248, dsjstr wrote:I'm confused by that last line?

Are you saying that if I hammer then I will be seen as not scummy?
I don't know why you would care. I mean weren't you scumleaning on Elsa anyway?

Elsa and game state were making it pretty easy to justify a hammer.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 258, Raya36 wrote:
In post 247, Testarossa wrote:Considering how this is dragging out I can't help but think that Elsa is either scum getting bussed or is town and the other scum is for some reason afraid of being the hammer while the other is already on the wagon.
In both cases I see the scum on the wagon in [Raya, beeboy], I probably like Raya less there going by the progression of her Elsa read. Sincerely doubt both scum are piling up on this wagon, since Elsa doesn't strike me as high priority target, if she is town.

Could also be both off, but I feel then one would already have hammered by this point. Game is dead af after all, there is probably rarely a better chance to not come of scummy with just hammering.
This is going off the assumption that there's 2 scum I assume? Do you think scum would bus in a setup with only 2 mafia?
If 3 scum each day would be mylo even if we hit scum. There wouldn't be the daytalk mechanic in the rules if only one scum. Therefore two.

And yes, if Elsa would be scum a well executed bus might pay off in such a small game.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Testarossa »

I actually buy the VT claim. Pretty sure scum would have tried a fakeclaim to bait a town pr in such a small setup. But whatever.

Kind of frustrating, but still think there was scum on this wagon.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 264, Testarossa wrote:I actually buy the VT claim. Pretty sure scum would have tried a fakeclaim to bait a town pr in such a small setup. But whatever.

Kind of frustrating, but still think there was scum on this wagon.
i did wonder this, but given the pace of play we don't have time to do anything else, and I'd be reticent to let Elsa off the hook for that reason alone given I could definitely see him not giving a crap as scum here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Yes, I know what you mean, felt kind of similar.

Care to explain what triggered you to try Nash?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

post i quoted was scummy - honesty tell and just awkward.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Nash »

In post 267, Battle Mage wrote:post i quoted was scummy - honesty tell and just awkward.
:facepalm:
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Since I'm hammered now.
In post 249, Elsa Jay wrote:If you care to know, I'm a VT but my motivation for this game is shite. So.

So yeah get rid of me and pray the PR doesn't get hit. With no Crumbs in MYXO (or whatever it's called now) basically be careful of who says they got a guilty because one more wrong execute and they win.

Still a decent reason to not exe anyone so scum don't get the freedom to claim like that but whatever.

Enjoy your game guys. Sorry you couldn't tell my demotivation is my semi VT tell. That's why I suggested one of you read TM2020 first to see this isn't the first time I lost motivation mid game.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:32 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 269, Elsa Jay wrote:Since I'm hammered now.

Enjoy your game guys. Sorry you couldn't tell my demotivation is my semi VT tell. That's why I suggested one of you read TM2020 first to see
this isn't the first time I lost motivation mid game.
mid game!? it's Day 1, and you had no motivation from the very outset. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well in a sense it was midgame for you guys since I came in late.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 am

Post by osuka »

~

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 am

Post by osuka »

~

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 am

Post by osuka »

~

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”