If Scummers Ruled the Galaxy 2... A Stellaris Lets Play

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:00 am

Post by McMenno »

im here for the alien computer
mafiascum is on life support
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:32 am

Post by wgeurts »

Totally Normal Phenomena

2205-03-22

After the initial golden trove of research academic discoveries slowed down in pace for a few years as research vessels were dispatched to further star systems and academics back on MafiaScum dug into the nitty gritty details of the findings. The first Scummer star base outside of our own solar system was completed in these years regardless, a notable milestone to FSA progress. The Aphris system was now wholly under our own control.

Spoiler: Manifest Destiny

It took 3 years before the next truly groundbreaking discoveries were made when research vessels were sent to survey the Viradamon and Gaaria star systems. These discoveries ranged from fascinating opportunities to terrifying revelations.

Spoiler: Map of the known Galaxy

Two more planets were found with conditions suitable for life, one in each system. Furthermore, both of these planets housed conditions similar to those of MafiaScum. These planets could potentially become future homes for Scummers! This discovery sent shock waves through MafiaScum. The prospect of colonising a new world was exciting for all levels of society. New resources to exploit, new land to live upon, new topics to study. The hypothetical prospects were incredible!

Spoiler: Our Futures Homes?

This news dominated the media for weeks on end, but was swiftly brought to a halt when the ISS Hubble started to report on numerous archaeological studies it had performed. The results were chilling. Firstly, artefacts had been found upon a planet in the Gaaria system belonging to a previously unkown civilisation of robots referred to as the "Cybrex". Little was revealed about them, beyond the fact that they existed some 600.000 years ago and had launched a full-fledged crusade against any and all biological beings in the Galaxy. Lead researcher Untrod Tripod notes that the mysterious computer discovered a few years ago may have been their work, warranting further investigation.

Spoiler: The Cybrex

Study of the demolished planet in the Murust system had also come to completion. Caledfwitch concluded that the current state of Murust III was the result of a gargantuan orbital bombardment, perhaps by the Cybrex? Killer robots and planet-killer weaponry was not particularly what Scummers had been hoping to discover in space, despite their present absence in current times.

Spoiler: A Broken World

But that was not the end of the disturbing discoveries. A science team dispatched to a mysterious complex upon the planet Gaaria I had uncovered a series of pods.

With Scummer remains inside.

Many of the Scummers had been shackled or implanted with various devices in their nervous systems by another unknown species to us known as the "Carcharorian". In the past few millennia they had abducted primitive Scummers and subjected them to various experiments before abandoning the complex and cutting the power supply to all stasis pods, causing the inhabitants inside to choke and decease. Traces of abnormal radioactivity were also picked up by sensors. Something very strange had happened here, and Equinox called for further investigation.

Spoiler: Abducted Scummers

News of killerbots, exploded planets, and alien live experimentation was more than enough to once again whip Scummer society into a nervous frenzy. The upheaval caused issues for Equinox's galactic expansionist agenda, with many calling for increased caution or an end to all further exploration lest we encounter something truly horrific that would danger us all. Nevertheless, Equinox managed to pass funding for a colony ship to go and colonise one of the two new habitable planets discovered in recent years. Many young Scummers volunteered, drawn by the prospect of making history and starting anew in a place wholly unknown.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:04 am

Post by brassherald »

I've got to actually sit down and learn how to play Stellaris properly.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:29 am

Post by wgeurts »

Unfortunately my GPU is freaking out at the moment cus VRAM corruption is fun and my Stellaris now looks like a bunch of lines tripping out
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Nahdia »

oh no! get well soon, wgeurts compy.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Remember to back up and prevent whatever happened last time!
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Wooper »

aww this one is off to a spicy start - hope it's fixed soon :)
In post 53, wgeurts wrote:a bunch of lines tripping out
please let me know if u do a let's play of lines tripping out
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:37 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 56, Wooper wrote:aww this one is off to a spicy start - hope it's fixed soon :)
In post 53, wgeurts wrote:a bunch of lines tripping out
please let me know if u do a let's play of lines tripping out
My GPU has corrupt memory so over time artifacts have been becoming more and more prominent as my entire system becomes less stable. It's not really worth buying just a new GPU as my entire rig is very outdated and worn, so I need to wait until I have the money to afford a new one. Today it seemed to be playing along somewhat more nicely though, so I'll give it a shot. It's fun knowing my PC is dying and could do so at any moment lol
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Wooper »

Oof that's a really bad feel :C
you're probably right if it's time to upgrade there isn't a lot of value in replacing the GPU
I hope it holds out as long as possible!

Return to “The Arcade”