2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

So umm, I did the schedule last night and I went with the 6 go to the playoffs wich means each team plays each division opponent twice and non-division once. Not that I'm going to change anyting but I just wanted to ask, in a 10 player league that does 4 in the playoffs that means each team plays each division opponent twice and non-division once and then an extra game against one random team. Do you guys feel like one is more fair than the other or are they just about the same?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:34 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i think 6 is more fair since it means even distribution of schedule
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The 6 is more fair if you use divisions.

4 is better if you don't use divisions since there often isn't really a set group of who plays who twice when divisions are not used
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

First bell and now cmc. Anyone willing to give me an rb for something I have reach out to me please. I am good at TE and QB so would not mind giving up something there if the price is right
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by PJ. »

Y would anyone give you an rb or wr for a qb or te. Lmao
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

don't need a wr and someone might need a qb for an rb

I threw te up there in case someone wanted both for some reason
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by PJ. »

yes, u need literally the most scarce position and would like to trade away the least scarce positions. amazing. wonderful. such logic. this is literally why trades are stupid, because y'all brains are broken.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Honestly a good TE can be pretty scarce and there are a lot of awful QBs that could use some replacing around the league
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, I should prob replace Watson. I don't feel like you are
THAT
bad off. CMC is only out for like a month and a half, right? And Bell gets back week 5 And Robinson/Swift is prob not the worst fill in. You are also #4 in waivers so I think that is going to guarantee you are going to get one of the top RB wire pick ups.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

If someone was absolutly loaded @ RB and needed a QB and/oror a TE then I think a trade would make sense but Poker shouldn't be expecting like a stud RB or anything.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes i was not expecting a stud. Wavier position should get me a decent fill in until at least one of bell and cmc is healthy again but if not i am willing to listen to offers. Not gonna accept or decline until after waivers go through
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 157, PokerFace wrote:Honestly a good TE can be pretty scarce and there are a lot of awful QBs that could use some replacing around the league
500 dollars says there's at least 1 te in your waiver pool that scored over 10 pts week 2 AND at least 1 qb in your waiver pool that scored 20 pts week 2.

There's *probably* more than 1 player that meet those requirements. Tyler Eifert basically scored 10, but we don't need to count him.

There's a *chance* only 1 rb scored over 10 in your waiver pool, probably not more than 2.

Idk know how to check it, but I'm also relatively certain that week 1 had a similar story, maybe not as many te over 10 but a handful of good options at just a shade under 10 with a couple guys over 10. But QBs were definitely available. And guess what? Week 3 will be a similar story. It's why good players stream those positions. And it's also why even considering trading an rb or a wr is sabotaging your league. In league 1(even if you ignore cam) "QB streamer" is the 6th best option at QB. TE streamer is 2nd.

So free QBs are being outperformed by russ by about 15 pts(if you ignore cam being on waivers). Unless you predicted the Nyheim Hines situation, you're not even close to that w/ RB. And if you did predict that Hines would score 20 pts week 1, then like...you probably won a milly maker and don't give a shit about this league.

Tl;dr, the literal free options are probably better than what you want someone to give you something for and if unless you are trading Allen, Murray, Wilson (or the two guys under the threshold that matter) the conversation isn't worth having. And the most that's even really reasonable to offer for those guys, is like...DeAndre swift.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 161, PJ. wrote:There's a *chance* only 1 rb scored over 10 in your waiver pool, probably not more than 2
there were 3

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:29 am

Post by PJ. »

Lewis, McKinnon, Henderson? Or did one of you ding dongs not pick up Robinson?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

FTR, Poker is basically offering Goff and/or Fant since he prob wants to keep Ertz for the name recognition. Someone like Joe could certainly use an upgrade @ QB but I doubt he'd trade Akers or Gordan. Fish could certainly use a TE but I doubt he'd want to part with Mixon in case he starts doing better. Kittle isn't doing really well but Bone has RB woes of his own. Andrews didn't do great this week but I don't think he'd want to buy a new TE.

Like I said, Robinson/Swift/waiver wire pick up and you'll be fine.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 163, PJ. wrote:Lewis, McKinnon, Henderson?
ja

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 164, Nero Cain wrote:Andrews didn't do great this week but I don't think he'd want to buy a new TE.
Yeah, I'm just operating assuming Andrews and Higbee had a Freaky Friday body swap for a day and chugging along without changing anything. :V
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:34 am

Post by T-Bone »

I got WR woes lol
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

Probably should have said a notable consistent te and the awful qbs around the league was refering to the nfl in general not our league in general

But nero is probably right, i am overthinking this
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Another week another blowout loss for Mr. Toad's Wild ride as he was defeated by Always Thuney 130 to 102.48 to inch his way into the top spot in the MS South division.

Toad lost Barkley for the year but should be ok as he has a bevy of backs including Gurly, Fournette, Hunt, and Freeman. Next up Toad faces the 5th ranked Get Reckt and Thuney faces the 6th ranked Pabs Blue Ribbon. Both teams (Get Reckt and Pabs) are coming off of their first victory. Get Reckt defeating Joe's (not so) Marvelous team and Pabs pulling out a close one against the Tatum Bellhops.

In a battle of winless teams, Joe will face off against the Magic Bears and the bellhops face the 3rd ranked fishes. The Fishes defeated the aptly named Bone's Broken Boner as he limps into week 3 with a broken roster. He lost Sutton to an ACL, Mostert to an MCL. It's a bummer that he couldn't pull a hat trick and have someone pull their PCL. Kittle was already dealing with an MCL and Brown also has a broken finger but both are supposed to play this weak. He still has no defense.

In week 3 Bones faces the topped ranked Poker's Aces who are dealing with injury woes of their own. Bell was previously on IR and he lost CMC for a little over a month.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah im pretty ok with facing bbm this week lmao
green shirt thursdays
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Spoiler: Current state of affairs in L1
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:38 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 164, Nero Cain wrote:Fish could certainly use a TE but I doubt he'd want to part with Mixon in case he starts doing better.
I fully believe Mixon to up his game. (I think)

Also Engram is still IMO a TE1 for now.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:03 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 171, D3f3nd3r wrote:
Spoiler: Current state of affairs in L1
Nobody kicks out of the falcon arrow.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

All the 2-0 teams have had the least ammount of points scored against them but they also have some of the better point totals.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”