Townie
mike-zim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:12 am

Post by mike-zim »

well in that case

UNVOTE

VOTE: Eldritch Lord on grounds he doth protest too much.

sorry but what ninja mad sense in a way. (about the no lynch thing)
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:28 am

Post by dcorbe »

Eldritch Lord wrote:This isn't about "how much you like someone" this is about finding scum. If I were trying to play this game based on pleasing people or how much I liked someone, I would've voted for him long ago. I disagree with his judgment, because he's calling me scum--and doing so in an insulting manner (which he has been long before I had anything to say to him). I am not scum, I will not stand by and let myself get bandwagoned by the people who are currently on my case, sorry.
My point was simply that you can make your case without feeding into someone else's emotional state, which is precisely what you're doing by calling them ignorant.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 am

Post by dcorbe »

dcorbe wrote:
Eldritch Lord wrote:This isn't about "how much you like someone" this is about finding scum. If I were trying to play this game based on pleasing people or how much I liked someone, I would've voted for him long ago. I disagree with his judgment, because he's calling me scum--and doing so in an insulting manner (which he has been long before I had anything to say to him). I am not scum, I will not stand by and let myself get bandwagoned by the people who are currently on my case, sorry.
My point was simply that you can make your case without feeding into someone else's emotional state, which is precisely what you're doing by calling them ignorant.
You'll look a little more grown-up that way.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Point taken and understood.

I'd like to get that business behind us, Darla and ZS can keep their votes for me. And Mike-Zim, your vote needs to be bolded, although I think you missed the point of TSN's post.

I will be waiting to hear from Lowell, and more defense from Snix--who could really use it at L-5 (I think).
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:34 am

Post by dcorbe »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Point taken and understood.

I'd like to get that business behind us, Darla and ZS can keep their votes for me. And Mike-Zim, your vote needs to be bolded, although I think you missed the point of TSN's post.

I will be waiting to hear from Lowell, and more defense from Snix--who could really use it at L-5 (I think).
By my count he's only got 4 votes on him, not 5.

You've got 2. If Mike-zim validates his vote that will be 3.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 am

Post by dcorbe »

@mod
an official vote count por favor?
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Mokina »

mike-zim wrote:well in that case

UNVOTE

VOTE: Eldritch Lord on grounds he doth protest too much.

sorry but what ninja mad sense in a way. (about the no lynch thing)
You would type the following in if you wanted to vote for him...

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Eldritch Lord[/b]

Otherwise it doesn't count. Mods are fairly particular about formatting.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:ZS, allow me to clarify: You try too hard to get people to agree with you in a manner that is demeaning, bullying, and emotional. It's hard to believe someone is making an attempt at logic when all they're doing is slightly switching up the words of another person and caps'ing votes based on the fact that I frequent another forum.

You are so locked in lynching me, you've ignored the rampant scuminess of other posters in this thread. Regardless of the outcome of Day 1, I do not believe I will be playing with you in the future. It is not fun when someone takes this game so seriously that I can hear screaming coming out of my speakers when I read the text.

You are too emotional, and guided by this stubborn, ignorant anger that you have continued to throw around at people so much that you've essentially alienated your way from everyone. You are, in my opinion, too emotional to be playing this game. I don't expect you to listen to my opinion, or to read a great deal of the reasoning Mokina has left behind without belittling it to one-liners and accepting possibilities that don't incriminate me personally (like the one TSN suggested). Or even to actually define your reasoning for voting on anything based on something other than "I don't like him because he said no-lynch is good" which is a statement I have now retracted.

You post about 3 sentences and somehow elongate it to last 5 paragraphs. More content, less angry yelling please. Now, I will watch you more scrutinizingly as well as Darla, because you have not paid heed to the reasoning posted by Snix, Mokina, and myself and instead pursued me relentlessly more based on emotion than what you refer to as "logic" (i.e. repeated phrases that are nothing more than cleverly disguised rhetoric for the same thing you posted the last time).

*This post was made in clear state of mind, without anger and an opinion that ZombieSlayer54 is not enjoyable to play with regardless of his role; with a total separation from any emotion (other than perhaps a slight amusement at the simple-minded manner ZS goes about in dealing with other players).*
You obviously have not met JDodge or FlameAxe yet.

Ok, look.

I hate channers. Pure and simple. They are the SCUM of the internet. All they do is take pleasure in other people's pain. They have NO sympathy, NO compassion, not a SINGLE shred of good in them WHAT-SO-EVER. The ONLY thing about them that I can respect are their raids on Scientology and the Westboro Baptist Church, maybe a few others. Besides that, all they do is take joy in making lives miserable for completely innocent people. Also, while they claim that others are restricting their freedom of speech, they constantly try to silence people for what they say, especially when that person says something bad about the channers. They are evil. They are selfish. They are greedy. They are sadistic. They characterize EVERYTHING I hate.

Anyways.

There may be other people who are acting scummy. However, right now, you are the scummiest looking person around.

And go ahead. I seriously do not enjoy associating with channers at all, anyways.

LOL. The irony.
I
am guided by stubborn, ignorant anger? Look at your Legions of Anonymous.

I have alienated myself from everyone? In that case, why has everyone not voted for me yet?

You, sir, do not have the right to tell me if I can or can not play this game. I will play it if I want to. If people do not want to play it with me, they simply do not have to sign up to be in the games I play. Simple as that.

I read the reasoning. I just do not necessarily agree with it.

You have said more than just "No-lynch is good", in case you have not noticed.

For example, have you, as of yet, at all countered any of my logic besides "It is just Snix's logic, and it is emotional at that."?

Hell, all I see coming from you at this point is ad hominem.

I write as much as I need to write to get my point across. Would you rather me write something ambiguous?

And I can put forth logic in angry yelling, you know.

Considering the fact that, as of yet, you have NOT COUNTERED MY REASONING, I think I am allowed to continue putting it out until you do. And no, saying "You are just emotional" does not count as countering my reasoning. Sorry.

Ahh, yes. The whole "I am just laughing at how angry you are" routine.

To tell you the truth, I am probably taking more joy in the fact that I know that right now, you are probably holding in mass amounts of anger from your finger tips, while I allow mine to flow freely.

I am full of emotion.

You are a cold, robotic being.

I take joy in seeing that contrast.

You, of course, take joy in nothing. Of course, besides seeing the pain and misery of others. Since, you know, you are a /b/tard and all.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:48 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Eldritch Lord wrote:This isn't about "how much you like someone" this is about finding scum. If I were trying to play this game based on pleasing people or how much I liked someone, I would've voted for him long ago.
I disagree with his judgment, because he's calling me scum
--and doing so in an insulting manner (which he has been long before I had anything to say to him). I am not scum, I will not stand by and let myself get bandwagoned by the people who are currently on my case, sorry.
lol wut?

"I disagree with him because he calls me scum, and I KNOW I am not scum."
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

By the way, you would not happen to be an objectivist or a libertarian, would you be?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:57 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

ZS, seriously, chill out. Its irrelevant whether or not eldritch lord is a horrible person who kicks babies to the game, and making posts that primarily focus on how much you don't like him make it sound like that's why you're voting for him.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 am

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:ZS, seriously, chill out. Its irrelevant whether or not eldritch lord is a horrible person who kicks babies to the game, and making posts that primarily focus on how much you don't like him make it sound like that's why you're voting for him.
There are other reasons. His /b/tard-ness just solidifies them.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 11:59 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

See, except. . . that doesn't make any sense.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:See, except. . . that doesn't make any sense.
What does not make any sense?

I would never vote someone just because I did not like them.

However, I am voting Eldritch Lord due to the fact that he refuses to try to counter my logic using anything but "It is just Snix's logic" or "It is just emotion".

The fact that I do not like him makes me keep my vote on him that much more.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by dcorbe »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:See, except. . . that doesn't make any sense.
What does not make any sense?

I would never vote someone just because I did not like them.

However, I am voting Eldritch Lord due to the fact that he refuses to try to counter my logic using anything but "It is just Snix's logic" or "It is just emotion".

The fact that I do not like him makes me keep my vote on him that much more.
What I believe Eldritch Lord is trying to say is he specifically repudiated Snix's points against him, and that he doesn't believe that you have made any additional points in your case against him than snix has.

See post #55, for example.

I believe what you're saying is that you have made additional points in the case against Eldritch Lord and he hasn't addressed your concerns. Try quoting posts instead of yelling at the rest of us.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Mokina »

dcorbe wrote:
What I believe Eldritch Lord is trying to say is he specifically repudiated Snix's points against him, and that he doesn't believe that you have made any additional points in your case against him than snix has.

See post #55, for example.

I believe what you're saying is that you have made additional points in the case against Eldritch Lord and he hasn't addressed your concerns. Try quoting posts instead of yelling at the rest of us.
:goodposting:

ZombieSlayer, the emotional posting makes it difficult for
the rest of the town
to see where you're coming from. Forget Eldritch; it's probably in your best interest to be less emotional about the issue. I hate channers as much as the next person, but if you can come up with a few nice bullet points as to why EL deserves a vote, that would really help the town see where you are coming from.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Okay, yet again...I am going to have to go out on a limb here and say to everyone involved in this world war of text that IT IS JUST A GAME!!! ZombieSlayer, Eldritch, one word...chill. Both of you need to calm down. I'm not positive, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that having to read a freaking novel about why so and so is scummy every time I log on is kinda annoying.
I'm back.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by dcorbe »

Iron Man wrote:Okay, yet again...I am going to have to go out on a limb here and say to everyone involved in this world war of text that IT IS JUST A GAME!!! ZombieSlayer, Eldritch, one word...chill. Both of you need to calm down. I'm not positive, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that having to read a freaking novel about why so and so is scummy every time I log on is kinda annoying.
Is this your first game?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

dcorbe wrote:
Iron Man wrote:Okay, yet again...I am going to have to go out on a limb here and say to everyone involved in this world war of text that IT IS JUST A GAME!!! ZombieSlayer, Eldritch, one word...chill. Both of you need to calm down. I'm not positive, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that having to read a freaking novel about why so and so is scummy every time I log on is kinda annoying.
Is this your first game?
I agree that most games I've read seem like walls of text regarding the alignment of other players, but I also agree that this argument between ZS and I is no longer even about scumminess-but personal opinion and has no relevance to the game.

However, dcorbe, your :goodposting: (139) is spot on. Lowell--still waiting to hear from you. Been waiting a page and a half of conversation. Also, Snix, any thoughts relevant to the game. If we ignore the ZS/EL feud, I think we'll get back to the core issue: Lowell's lack of posting and obvious bandwagoning on players at L-2 or above.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Ok, look. Here is what happens:

Snix makes argument against Eldritch Lord.

Eldritch Lord makes counter arguments.

I make counter arguments to those counter arguments, as I see that those counter arguments have flaws.

Eldritch Lord proceeds to say "I already refuted Snix's points, and you are essentially using Snix's points, and you are just being emotional.", instead of offering counter arguments to my counter arguments about his counter arguments.

Do you see where I am going with this?
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

The problem is, as I've read them, they've seemed like regurgitated version's of Snix's arguments. Which I also addressed and submitted to his superior reasoning in that particular case. So that 'argument'/'debate' has been settled. I don't understand what you're still looking for.

Repost and clarify and I'll do my best to answer. Although I think we should be putting the focus on Lowell and Snix primarily.
-Napoleon I
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Snix »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote: I'll throw out a third possibility: Mokina knows eldritch is a townie and is buddying up, which is exactly what I am accusing snix of.
Kind of like you did with EL? Actually more like what you did with EL.

And lowell one liners are great for GD, not here.

@Dcorbe

Uhm.. my aggressors at that point were two band wagoners who had as of yet posted no mind of their own. While I had already explained, and for my purposes, won with my own.

Our attentions should be more focussed on people who actually deserve it though.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Mokina »

Unvote

Okay. The random/psuedo stage is over; we probably have enough material here. I need to sit down, pour myself a cup of coffee, and read through the entire thing again.

As a reminder, the following players are still alive:

Mokina
TheSweatpantsNinja
Iron Man
ZombieSlayer54
DarlaBlueEyes
Eldritch Lord
Snix
dcorbe
sideney
donkeyz12212
mike-zim
Lowell

As mentioned earlier, lurkers scare me to no end. Just from first impressions, I've got my eye on Lowell, Darla, and mike-zim on that count. I'll list my suspicions in a bit and I suggest others do the same. Perhaps someone will stand out.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Mokina »

Mokina wrote:I've got my eye on Lowell, Darla, and mike-zim on that count.
Scratch Darla from that list and replace her with Sidney... apparently she was leave-of-absence for a large portion of the time.

Ah, the things you learn from a nice re-read.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Mokina, I urge you to pay special heed to Lowell's posts (both the lack thereof, as well as the lack of content with them).

I agree, it's time we move on from this pseudo-random stage.

unFoS: Everyone I'm Not Voting For

Final Vote for Day 1: Lowell

This is of course barring any revelation brought on by a good re-read or some very good explaining on Lowell's part. At this point however, I seriously encourage you to speak up Lowell, as I would not at all mind you being Day One's lynch--given how things have gone thus far.

Other possible candidates at this point, for me:
DarlaBlueEyes
ZombieSlayer54
Snix
-Napoleon I

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”