TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 4.4Almost50 (1) - Hiraki [E-3]

Not voting: Marashu, dramonic, chkflip, Almost50, PenguinPower

With 6 alive it takes 4 to exile.

Day 4 will end in (expired on 2020-09-13 10:00:00) or when an exile is reached.
time will end
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 2073, chkflip wrote:Mar, lining up lynches is a scum tell y/n?
Depends on the context. In previous games I, as scum, have seen others, as town, do it and get called out for it. I can see why it can be a scumtell - only scum know if there will be a next day or not - but it's a fine line between lining up for an elimination and asserting a solve. Also, isn't pushing for no elim tomorrow the same deal?
chkflip wrote:If it helps with people's reads you're more than welcome to knock me off. We don't need too many questionables in limlo.
LAMIST
Almost50 wrote:
In post 2049, Marashu wrote:Ok, but with the gamestate the way it is, why would agreeing with chk/PP bring suspicion onto Hiraki? Likewise, why is standing out like this not drawing attention and raising suspicions?
I don't fully get the question (or rather.. I'm not sure I do, so please rephrase it if this is not what you're asking).

Q: Why would agreeing with chk/PP bring suspicion onto Hiraki?

A: I didn't say he was agreeing with them (and he is not, because -to my understanding- PP has Chk/Hiraki over A50/dram in his solve, and chk has PP/dram over A50/Hiraki). What i am saying is Hiraki -maybe- knows both PP/Chk are Town (because HE is the remaining Goon), and by declaring me/dram as his solve he is absolving himself of the miselimination about to fall on either of Chk/PP. he shoots you tonight and tomorrow he continues his push on me?dram while the survivor of Chk/PP pushes for dram/Hiraki; respectively. I should be on said survivor and so should dram (at least that's how it looked like back then), so he has a chance to quick!hammer once both I and dram had voted.
Sorry, I was unclear. Why would Hiraki agreeing with a {chk/PP} solve make him suspicious?

Q: Why is standing out like this not drawing attention and raising suspicions?

A: I am assuming you're asking about my changed stance?? If so, because I only considered Hiraki as a consequence to his odd PoE. I clearly had him down as Town earlier.
Why would Hiraki making a move against the {chk/PP} solve instead of sheeping it not draw attention?

PP also brought to attention the fact Hiraki also was against the Chemist Elimination. From my own PoV it was the Elimination that would end the game on the spot. I didn't even pay much attention to analyzing anything else at the time because i thought the game was over, so -in retrospect- it was an odd stance too.

I am not saying Hiraki is 100% Scum here (I always struggle to read him properly) but I am now thinking he very well could be.
Ok, fair. But I'm also having a hard time seeing Hiraki/Jake as a team, and think that other slots are more suspicious.

I just noticed, @PP could you explain your progression from to ? It looks like Chkflip made it to the top of your list when you sheeped onto the wagon, but you backed off to rethink when pressure on that wagon disappeared. You also sheeped the Chemist wagon, so it's interesting that you're shading Hiraki for that. I guess what I'm asking is, I would like to know how you reached chkflip, why you reconsidered, and where you're at right now.

I keep changing my mind between PP and chkflip. Like, by association chkflip seems way more likely, but then I notice something PP did that seems off (like above).

VOTE: chkflip

To be honest, I was thinking of how the game would go if we're wrong and town chooses no elim on D5. At first I figured it was riskier to chance a fast elim, but now that I think about it, the POE that it would offer is pretty good.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2077, Marashu wrote:Depends on the context. In previous games I, as scum, have seen others, as town, do it and get called out for it. I can see why it can be a scumtell - only scum know if there will be a next day or not - but it's a fine line between lining up for an elimination and asserting a solve. Also, isn't pushing for no elim tomorrow the same deal?
Pushing for a no elim when it's the obvious play isn't even remotely the same thing as lining up lynches? What are you even on about, bud? Take your fucking blinders off for half a second and come back to me.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

Oh man developing a town read on someone you were just voting. Sus af.

:lol:

Have you tried stand up? This shit is hilarious.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't think it's Penguin. Mostly gut.

Hiraki doesn't make sense.

Mar is cleared.

People don't want dramonic.

VOTE: Almost50
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

Actally. Yo, dram. Remember the "partner vote in rvs" tell?
In post 30, Almost50 wrote:
In post 24, TripleHaven wrote:As you can tell, I didn't read the OP
Bad practice

VOTE: TripleHaven
Floats on that for the longest, then an
actual
showing of LAMIST.
In post 1532, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1486, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: A50
In post 1487, teacher wrote:VOTE: a50
VOTE: A50

I trust you two
Then, when questioned on his shit, ezpz townpoints.
In post 1546, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1540, dramonic wrote:Almost get your ass back on Jake.
@Dann: Who said I was playing in good faith?
VOTE: Jake

Note: I want RCE more now though
It's definitely 50. My bad dram. I should read more often.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by dramonic »

eeeh, I'm not over the fact it wasn't chemist :(
vote: Almost50

It doesn't really matter to me. It's not Hiraki and chk today honestly doesn't feel scum.

@Chk: If you wanna use that tell I'm a WW :laugh:
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by dramonic »

Anyone who thinks I'm scum in this game after D2 is dumb. I'll give passes cuz I coulda been WW til that point, but I maintain that my day 1 play is the ultimate act of self-destruction as mafia xD
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Marashu »

UNVOTE:

looks pretty good.

I don't have time to ISO right now, but I was TR'ing A50 pretty hard on D1 because of his wanting to protect townreads. That felt relatable. Then someone (Mena? I don't remember who; if it's important I can look it up this evening) pointed out that he did that as scum previously to not need to offer town reads. At the time I dismissed it because every game has different circumstances. I'll re-read A50's ISO tonight.

I would like to hear from PP (hopefully more than just a hammer).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2053, Hiraki wrote:if im scum, why don't i just do this and vote chkflp?
Because tomorrow the living 3 townies will be most paranoid and will probably reset, reevaluate and try to form reads from scratch.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2077, Marashu wrote:Why would Hiraki agreeing with a {chk/PP} solve make him suspicious?
I've just explained it, but to reiterate: it is a usual practice for town players to reset their reads and try to solve the game from scratch on E-Lo/MyLo. It's not like we were going to eliminate in chk/PP and if wrong just eliminate the other automatically.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2077, Marashu wrote:Why would Hiraki making a move against the {chk/PP} solve instead of sheeping it not draw attention?
It did draw my attention. Scum would need to make a call between 2 evils here: Try to earn some phony towncred or try to blend in. Both has it's cons and it's pros.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2081, chkflip wrote:Actally. Yo, dram. Remember the "partner vote in rvs" tell?
In post 30, Almost50 wrote:
In post 24, TripleHaven wrote:As you can tell, I didn't read the OP
Bad practice

VOTE: TripleHaven
Floats on that for the longest, then an
actual
showing of LAMIST.
In post 1532, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1486, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: A50
In post 1487, teacher wrote:VOTE: a50
VOTE: A50

I trust you two
Then, when questioned on his shit, ezpz townpoints.
In post 1546, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1540, dramonic wrote:Almost get your ass back on Jake.
@Dann: Who said I was playing in good faith?
VOTE: Jake

Note: I want RCE more now though
It's definitely 50. My bad dram. I should read more often.
1- That wasn't RVS. It was a legit vote.
2- I wasn't "questioned". I was TOLD TO get my vote back there.

I have not much more to add. It's up to PP/Marashu to lay the hammer now.

@Hiraki: Regardless of your true alignment, congrats ion having messed up the game even more. If you're Scum; that was HILARIOUS play. If you're Town... no comment.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:25 am

Post by dramonic »

I agree with 2 tho :P
I'm a hoot
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:00 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean - obviously I prefer Hiraki over A50 so could someone sell me on scum!A50 (with a little more than chk)?
<(") | (")>
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by chkflip »

It's strange that you can come in and straight face an "it was a serious vote" when, at the time (per usual and by your own admittance), you weren't seriously engaging in the game.
In post 267, Almost50 wrote:
In post 251, Menalque wrote:I’d like to see crush slot post and I still want to hear from dunn and A50
I know this is the same session (at least for me) but I want you to NOT expect much from me at this time still. You know well (ar at least should) that I don't enter the game guns blazing (unless I am a replacement who got it with lots of substance readily available). You should be happy I am -at least- not meme'ing and shitposting enough. My mind is "elsewhere" for now, but I am "watching from the sideline" and will probably jump in sometime soon.
So tell us again that it was a serious vote with some actual evidence this time, hm?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 431, Almost50 wrote:It started with y vote on him in RVS (which was semi-serious). Not reading the OP is bad and especially so coming from someone who is "new to the site". Then I didn't like his tone and his responses strike me as manufactured (as in.. text book responses). I don't have a better target to vote right now, and I like dram for town, so this is where I want my vote to be still.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Can you read between the brackets? It was a Semi-Serious vote (as serious as you can get on PAGE ONE).

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2093, Almost50 wrote:Can you read between the brackets? It was a Semi-Serious vote (as serious as you can get on PAGE ONE).
Read between the brackets.
In post 2088, Almost50 wrote:1- That wasn't RVS. It was a legit vote.
In post 2092, Almost50 wrote:
In post 431, Almost50 wrote:It started with y vote on him in RVS (which was semi-serious). Not reading the OP is bad and especially so coming from someone who is "new to the site". Then I didn't like his tone and his responses strike me as manufactured (as in.. text book responses). I don't have a better target to vote right now, and I like dram for town, so this is where I want my vote to be still.
So, it wasn't RVS in 2088 but it was in 431.

It was a legit vote in 2088 but it was only semi-serious in 431.

You make no mention of how legitimate or semi-serious this vote is in over 400 posts of gameplay.

How
convincing
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2082, dramonic wrote:@Chk: If you wanna use that tell I'm a WW
Forgot to kick this earlier.

We both know that's not how the tell works. It's not
every
vote, just the ones that one can look back on later and go "hmm."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by dramonic »

That feels like cherrypickin, but I don't really care.
I'm a hoot
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 2088, Almost50 wrote:2- I wasn't "questioned". I was TOLD TO get my vote back there.
A50? Doing something that he was told to do?

Yeah?
In post 2088, Almost50 wrote:@Hiraki: Regardless of your true alignment, congrats ion having messed up the game even more. If you're Scum; that was HILARIOUS play. If you're Town... no comment.
why say this if you SR me lol
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2097, Hiraki wrote:why say this if you SR me lol
Because I am OBVIOUSLY not confident in anything anymore.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Hiraki »

but you are confident in trying to tell me that me thinking about the game and calling you scum is enough to say "no comment"

ok ok ok

Return to “Completed Open Games”