Post by Morning Tweet »

VC 5.FINAL.HELL

[3] NorwegianboyEE:
Dannflor, DrDolittle, Cthylla

[1] Cthylla:
Green Crayons

[1] Not Voting:
NorwegianboyEE

With 5 still with us, it takes 3 votes to condemn someone to Hell.

The Hell 1 deadline is in: [/color]
(expired on 2020-08-27 20:10:00)
[/b]⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

"Me? You can't be serious! Isis and I— we barely even knew each other! Come on, guys.."

NorwegianboyEE jumps to his feet and desperately tries to plead his case. Not a single accuser relents.

"ɎØɄⱤ ⱧɆ₳Ɽ₮ ł₴ ₴Ɇ₮ ł₦ Đ₳Ɽ₭₦Ɇ₴₴, ₦ØⱤ₩Ɇ₲ł₳₦฿ØɎɆɆ. ł ₵₳₦ ₴ɆɆ ł₮ ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₥Ɏ ₥₳₦Ɏ ɆɎɆ₴."

"Yeah, what it said. It's over, dude."

"And besides. We all saw you and Isis whispering and giggling to each other from underneath the table earlier. It wasn't exactly subtle."

The door at the end of the room flies open. The demon emerges from out of a long, dark hallway. She drags two people behind her by their shirt collars. Word321! WaltertheDunce10!

“The jig is up, I'm afraid.."

She stops to take a long sigh, before letting go of the two she has in tow with her. They land on the stone floor with a hard thud, but aside from a potential concussion, they seem to be perfectly unharmed. You're overjoyed they don't have to pay for your mistakes.

"This can't be right! You said we'd be able to take their places!"

NorwegianboyEE cries out and tries to run. A pair of shackles shoot out of the hallway, clasping onto his ankles and stopping him dead in his tracks. He lets out one final scream as he is yanked away into the darkness.

Not shred of pity shows up on anyone's faces. That is, except for Green Crayons. He is noticeably perturbed by NorwegianboyEE's sudden exit.

"Uhh, yeah. That won't be necessary."

He follows suit to NorwegianboyEE and walks into the dungeon of his own accord. The demon girl follows, but not before turning around and locking eyes with you directly.

“You're lucky Hayasaka was on your side. Have a nice time up there, now."

She gives you one, final indignant stare, before slamming the door shut.

It's over? Is it really over?

"Yes, child. It is time for you to get out of this cursed place."

A bright light forms in the centre of the room, engulfing the entire basement with its heavenly glow. You recognize the angel from what feels like an eternity ago materialize right in front of you.

You take a moment to look over at all your friends, both those who have were recently returned, and those who had to endure the entirety of this madness with you. You feel an overwhelming sense of closure wash down over you. The man beckons for you to come.

"Are you ready?"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

NorwegianboyEE has been condemned to an eternity in Hell.
He was a
Mafia Goon[/b]
[/align]
Green Crayons has surrendered.
He was a
Mafia Goon[/b]
[/align][/b]
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

GAME OVER

You take your first step towards the angel and into the light. You watch in awe as the cellar slowly morphs into a great, white expanse. One by one, objects start to form from out of the light and into your new surroundings.

You stand before an iron gate in the centre of a dirt path. Beautiful red, pink, and orange coloured trees line either side of the road. It is entirely quiet here, save for the small rustling of leaves overhead. There is no opulent palace, or any roads paved with gold. And it is perfectly beautiful nonetheless.

You tear your gaze away from the mesmerizing environment for long enough to spot someone far off down the path and beyond the gate. Hayasaka! She smiles and waves at you excitely.

You get the sense you'll joining her, soon.

Congratulations to the
Town
— DrDolittle, Cthylla, Dannflor, Hayasaka, word321, and WaltertheDunce10 — for winning Open 790: Purgatory![/color]

Links
Last edited by Morning Tweet on Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

1. Thank you MT for modding. Well done.

2. Congrats to Cth for calling scum team on page 6 or whatever. lol. Also congrats on town on the win.

3. I don’t know why I had such a rough time in the beginning.

4. I seriously, legitimately hate that black background text. It hurts my eyes and Cth’s was very difficult to read. It is ugly and gross.

5. This setup is hellllllllla town sided. I think our best bet was the wrong judgment from Haya. Given the associatives that can happen from a heavened scum, I think this might actually be the best long-term play. But I never ever want to play this setup again even as town.

6. I personally wasn’t offended by people calling my play bad, because I was scum so whatever. I don’t think anything I did was toxic. And, legitimately, you should townread people who townread you, and scumread people who are scumreading you, based solely on how they are reading you.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Should not*

lol
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Cthylla »

P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh I’m fine with scum PT being revealed.

FWIW It was hard for me to put in Real Effort after the heaven because of what a climb this game was for scum. Which was self defeating but that’s that.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

My apologies for scumreading you cth
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 pm

GG!
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Cthylla »

In post 1604, Green Crayons wrote:4. I seriously, legitimately hate that black background text. It hurts my eyes and Cth’s was very difficult to read. It is ugly and gross.

5. This setup is hellllllllla town sided. I think our best bet was the wrong judgment from Haya. Given the associatives that can happen from a heavened scum, I think this might actually be the best long-term play. But I never ever want to play this setup again even as town.
Sorry about that, I thought it got better when you said you switched to your laptop. I should've picked out something better.

And agreed tbh, Isis has mentioned in the past that having a highly townread scum player flipped is a very unique and useful thing for town, and it has to happen in this setup if scum wanna get heavened.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Cthylla »

In post 1608, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:My apologies for scumreading you cth
No apology needed! My bad for not trusting my townpings on you more.

Fantastic flavour btw, Morning; very immersive. I always try to read the flavour before seeing the flip as well, so it makes it pretty exciting to read.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Yeah, two different problems. Doesn’t hurt on my laptop but that green you choose was difficult to read.

I have shit eyes tho so ???
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

My complaints about the game setup aside, town should be happy with their win. It was well deserved.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:06 pm

I also loved the flavor
Great foavor
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Mod, Hell, and Heaven PTs have been released!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

I wonder if this would be a setup that could be fixed by removing the white flag element. Or failing that, removing white flag and giving scum a 1 shot doc on a scum member for judgement day (either only if there are 3 scum left or make this a 1 shot in the entire game)

Well played town, I was spectating but not closely. Hectic, your p5 powersolve was great, but mostly I’m just very, very impressed by Hayasaka and wondering who she’s an alt of.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:17 pm

I also wonder if this setup is better as a large than a small since it doesn’t need as strong a majority and more chances to mess up.
Has there been one of these with prs?
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Cthylla »

I think taking out the white flag element would make it a lot fairer.

I forgot to apologise for lolhammering you, Word. You're an IC to me next time I play with you.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Isis »

This was a stacked lobby, the town probably would have won 6-3 nightless. It is somewhat hard to say because imbalances in the setup can influence the dayplay itself so you can't necessarily point at the quality of the game's consensus sort and assess how the playerlist and rand would have gone with a different setup.

Like I said in the scum PT I'm thinking Purgatory should be a 7-4 with the over/under being a need to hell 3 of the scums. Nightless Vanilla seems to suggests 8-4 nightless is probably balanced, so 7-4 with forgiveness for townlocking 1 scum should be less scumsided than that and possibly still too townsided.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

I am now willing to take critique of this setup a lot more seriously - scum played a solid mechanical game here, though town absolutely stomped via reads (cthylla shall appear in all of my scum nightmares henceforth).

Agree the white flag mechanic is probably too townsiding

Congrats town!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by clidd »

Everything that GC did make sense now, well played.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Isis »

If you remove to the white flag element it's not the same setup, but i think for it to actually be balanced around a simple majority helled scum the numbers would have to be as crazy as 7:5 heavenstart.

1 escape out of a 4 person scumteam leaves the reveal-townread-scum element in in a way that is plausibly balanceable.

Also if you remove the white flag element you could lose immediately upon deciding you townread scum day 2.
I would never design a setup just like that and it's available for signups in the Mini Theme Queue.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 819, Cthylla wrote:
In post 816, clidd wrote:I don't know why you aren't worried about GC trolling in heaven. He's out of his mind in my opinion.
Green Crayons doesn't troll as town, clidd. He's a fairly serious player.

Any "trolling" you're detecting is scuminess, ya know, because he's a demon. You don't need to make excuses for him.
I wonder why I ignored that ^
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by the worst »

:lol:
I do think that just increases the onus on both alignments to play well. But I don't think you sincerely disagree with that <3
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “Completed Open Games”