Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 4.6

geraintm(2)
~ (36), (13)

Frogsterking(2)
~ (42), (13)
Nosferatu(1)
~ (63)

Not Voting (2): geraintm(9), Nosferatu(13)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-16 00:31:59)

FLAVOR
GeorgeBailey
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Titus »

@CFD, why don't you join the two conftown on geratim and block Frogster if it fails?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Nosferatu »

VOTE: geraintm
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:23 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 2026, Titus wrote:@CFD, why don't you join the two conftown on geratim and block Frogster if it fails?
First, just to make sure there's no doubt about my night action:

Tonight, unless I post a different plan later toDay, I will use my Alien action on geraintm if he is alive, or on Frogsterking if geraintm was eliminated.

My main motivation for eliminating Frogster and effectively investigating geraintm, rather than the other way round, is that if the investigated player is not scum, they end up confirmed town. I fear that Frogster's reads are really bad; he's spent much of the game tunnelling me, often for reasons which are really dubious. (See # as an example: geraintm had made a hypothetical read based on Walter being town, I disagreed with the read because I didn't think that assuming Walter as town would lead to that conclusion, Frogster decides that, because I scumread Walter and am trying to follow a hypothetical in which Walter is town, this must be evidence that I have secret knowledge that Walter is town and therefore I must be scum.) I was torn between using my Alien action on Titus and on Frogster last Night, but decided on Titus because scum will have to carry one confirmed player to endgame, and I didn't want it to be Frogster.

Another motivation has come up recently, though. There are five unconfirmed slots (Frogster, geraintm, Looker, Nosferatu, me). We can only check/flip four of them. I would like to check/flip, at the minimum, Frogster and Looker (I townread both geraintm and Nosferatu). I'm happy to add one of my townreads (i.e. two including me) into the pool of players we check, because we have four attempts to find scum; I thought that Nosferatu was a universal townread. Now that Frogster is seriously questioning Nosferatu's alignment, though, there seems to be doubt about which of the five slots should be left alive, and we may well need more debate about this so that we don't end up losing the game later. (Additionally, if we don't hit scum toDay or toNight, the game will end up in a 2:1 ending with one player confirmed; if Looker is scum, all he'd need to do to win if Frogster is confirmed is to aim for an ending of Looker/Frogster/Nosferatu and let Frogster pick incorrectly in the 2:1. Eliminating Frogster rather than geraintm removes that option.)

It also seems more elegant to eliminate a player who could well be scum, than a player who I think is almost certainly town.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 am

As reads may well suddenly be necessary again, some thoughts:

a) I still don't understand the case for geraintm as scum, even after Titus explained it to me. In particular, I don't think there was any particular motivation to bus D3; in a 2:7, you would bus only if you think the elimination of your partner was inevitable. Apparently at least Frogster (who, if geraintm is hypothetically scum, is hypothetically town) thought that the elimination could and should be avoided. If geraintm were scum, why would he lazily join Gamma's wagon rather than try to save Gamma (e.g. either by agreeing with Frogster, or by trying to create a counterwagon?).
b) # was not intended as a reaction test, but it can still be used as one. The plan listed in that post, in effect, creates a forced win for Nosferatu; so for players who are not Nosferatu, I would expect them to fight against the plan if they are scum. I think Frogster's reaction to the plan has been by far the scummiest of anyone; he reacts by pushing Nosferatu, which is necessary for scum in Frogster's position to not lose; and he posted # which looks a lot like Frogster cares about surviving more than he cares about town winning.
c) Titus brings up # / # as a reason to townread Frogster. I think that this is correct, but not definitive; Frogster introduced shelly as a compromise wagon, but pushed it only moderately hard (implying that he would be happy to switch to geraintm instead). The most likely explanation for this is that Frogster is town. It's also plausible, however, that Frogster is scum and wasn't expecting the wagon to go through. (Bear in mind that if scum had been more active at the end of Day 1, it wouldn't have done.) So it may have been a distancing attempt that backfired.
scum
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh I remember my play D3 now, I was suggesting a plan with Gamma similar to the one we are enacting now with CFJ, to test the claim. I was in Michigan that week and on tons of edibles and also drunk sometimes so it may not have made much sense and I don't recall what I was thinking beyond that.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2030, Frogsterking wrote:Oh I remember my play D3 now, I was suggesting a plan with Gamma similar to the one we are enacting now with CFJ, to test the claim. I was in Michigan that week and on tons of edibles and also drunk sometimes so it may not have made much sense and I don't recall what I was thinking beyond that.
To be fair I believe I would have made somewhat similar actions D3 had I been sober.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

CFJs play today is causing my mind to drift back to my D2 Gamma+CFJ theory places.

I wonder if Gamma's anger at the end of D3 was over Shelley's play end of D1. Both CFJ and potentially Gamma expressed anger over that.

Nosferatu skipping hammering me and voting geraintm is making me seriously rethink my Nosferatu theory.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Frogsterking wrote:CFJs play today is causing my mind to drift back to my D2 Gamma+CFJ theory places.

I wonder if Gamma's anger at the end of D3 was over Shelley's play end of D1. Both CFJ and potentially Gamma expressed anger over that.

Nosferatu skipping hammering me and voting geraintm is making me seriously rethink my Nosferatu theory.
UNVOTE: Nosferatu
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I don't know, what are the odds at this point CFJ still flips scum?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In CFJ's I'm really scum reading the overall sentiment and the final paragraph especially.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:15 pm

@
Frogsterking
: Do you have any strong townreads? It doesn't really matter who the scum is, as long as we find a townie.

(For what its worth, I think your last few posts have been pretty townish. # is an explanation I wasn't expecting, but it makes sense in retrospect.)
scum
town
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I town read Titus and Nos lightly for not hammering me.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:24 pm

UNVOTE:
scum
town
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Looker »

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

That plan's actually pretty cool because if you use your night action on me then it will clear me.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:38 pm

@
Looker
: Do you have any strong townreads?
scum
town
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Titus »

CFD, your rationale for not voting geratim looks awfully survivalistic.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

I don't see how it's likely to have any impact on my survival?

The important thing is to find which player we're going to stake the game on being town. People's scumreads seem to be all over the place, and at least your townreads are very different from mine.

If everyone is satisfied that Nosferatu is town,
including
the player who ends up making the decision in a 2:1 ending (even if it's Frogster), I can vote geraint because the order in which we eliminate people really won't matter in that case. But I'm not convinced that everyone is actually satisfied with that, and I don't want to risk the game on a bad 2:1-ending decision when we could be making the decision now.
scum
town
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

geraintm has been prodded!
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 4.7

geraintm(3)
~ (38), (13), (14)

Frogsterking(1)
~ (14)

Not Voting (3): (48), geraintm(9), (71)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2020-10-16 00:31:59)
GeorgeBailey
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:33 pm

Post by geraintm »

I'm sorry for not posting more.
I tried a few days ago to respond to my actions on day 1, but jo knew really replied, so that combined with weekend meant I didn't feel much desire to post.
I'm fairly sure I am going tonget lynched either today or tomorrow. I'd obviously prefer to not get lynched today as I know it won't be helpful forntown, but others can work it all out and decide what is best. I was more than happy to go with the plan of locking me up tonight.

I can post more tomorrow to explain more of my actions that people think make me a target to be lynched
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Geraintm's latest post and CFJ's unvote I view as slightly more likely to come from town than mafia. Everyone has town told in some form over the last 72 hours except Looker.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Geraintm and CFJ's town tells are both the most recent and the weakest.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:42 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2037, Frogsterking wrote:I town read Titus and Nos lightly for not hammering me.
ok, VOTE: forgsterking
i am bemused by their focus on titus. like titus is one of only 2 people who are def town.
even in the CFJ is scum scenario, titus is still town/. why even bring it up??

and why don't I get any cred for not hammering you?

frog's post 2022 is weird. they have just been everywhere today...

i'm basically fine with CFJ plan in 2028. I dunno what else to say about me and people thinking I am not town. it means people think I voted my partner day 1 when I didn't need to, that day 2 went through with no scum on the wagon and I voted my partner on day 3 too?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”