petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3547, Kilgamayan wrote:So, out of curiosity, how many players actually play the source material game? I do but never said so in the thread.

(This is totally not a Friend Code fish.)
i know nothing of the game or source material flavor
free crypto
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3549, Cabd wrote:
In post 3545, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3543, Syryana wrote:
In post 3540, fferyllt wrote:I would play this flavor again without hesitation, avatars and all. The design is awesome and I feel like we explored about 40-50% of the possibilities. The various entanglements my role could have had with Berserker and Foreigner never came close to firing as far as I can tell. Probably a good thing for my sanity's sake. Winding up in as many as 3 neighborhoods would have seriously tweaked my paranoia.

The player list is awesome, too! I reluctantly came out of mafia retirement to play a Cabd game, and this game was totally worth it.
Couldn't agree more. This game was a blast and I enjoyed every minute of it. I could've neighborized half the damn playerlist and still had a blast

Also lol @Cabd ever letting RC into one of his games
I’m not familiar with their history?
Yeah we're not going here.
Sorry.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 3548, Syryana wrote:It's a friend code fish, don't lie. You can PM me for mine if you like.
Of course it isn't a friend code fish! A good townie like me would never lie.

(I'll shoot you a PM in the morning, I'm going to bed with a material-grind fight loaded up that I don't have the energy to complete right now.)
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Bell »

F5
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 3553, Bell wrote:F5
Blame the global O365 outage making me do actual work on a work day.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:22 am

Post by petapan »

well, maybe not the most thrilling game of mafia imaginable, but it was a very enjoyable one, definitely the funniest game i've been in, i laughed too many times to count.

Prism:
sorry to see you're still a noob!!! but in all seriousness, as funny as your slip was and as much as i enjoyed roasting you, i would have liked the chance to go up against you even more, especially in an environment where we aren't familiar each other's styles. well, maybe we'll get the former some day.

Nancy Drew 39:
Sorry the game didn't work out for you, you have my sympathies in not being able to tell the names/avatars apart, often a tricky thing in anonymous games. No shame in backing out when you did, always better to recognize early when a game isn't working for you rather than forcing yourself to struggle through it. wish i could've helped you out in some way ingame but it is what it is. hope that there are better times for you in other games in the future.

Kilgamayan:
For not being able to keep up, your game was actually incredibly clean. i basically didn't suspect you at all, very few people did at the time you subbed out. there are some things i can go back and look at and say were off but that's only with the benefit of hindsight. that might have changed eventually but who can say for sure? would've liked to see what you could do in a game you had enough time to play properly.

midwaybear:
playing scum is hard. playing in large games is hard in general. these are things that get better with practice. don't let it get you down. take heart: i was 0/4 as scum in forum mafia before i ever managed to win a game, and that gave me a big boost of confidence. i remember feeling like i was floundering in games a lot and it's always rough. wish i had better advice for you but the most i can say is just keep at it.

taylor swift:
well i still don't really understand why you did the things you did but...uh...please do not do them in the future. yeah.

plusJOYED:
sorry you had to replace into a slot with so much baggage, that was a rough situation. you seem all right, wouldn't mind playing with you properly.

RCEnigma:
i assume some real life circumstances have forced you offsite, but if you ever come back to see this, your moonlogic post about your master phase vote threw me off your trail. would've been interesting to see where you went with things.

Titus:
you really did give me a scare when i turned the spotlight on you and i spent my entire Sunday agonizing over the thought of "what if i'm wrong about Saber?". you fought hard given tough circumstances. sorry your depression affected you at a bad time during the game, hope you're doing better now

Bell:
while it took me a while to get there on you, it was great to have you as lock town never looking back. sorry i snatched the glory of the Master phase vote from you, but i said i'd make it up to you, and i did. you were the best second in command i could have hoped for, and you kept me sane while being an entertaining and enjoyable presence in the game. great times all around.

Chara:
for being caught by me on page 4, you managed to hold your ground and even pocket me for a little while. dropping a hint that you thought i was the type of player to tunnel like that just flattered my damn ego too much. i'm wondering who it was you thought i was? since you're obviously well after my time. i think you would've been trapped eventually regardless of the guilty, even if i hadn't gotten a result you were going to end up at the bottom of the poe, this just expedited the process. regardless, you gave a commendable effort after losing 1 teammate early while the other two had to be replaced. not an easy place to be in.

Aristophanes:
sometimes you replace into a spot where the weight of circumstance is way too much to overcome, and this was one of those situations. no need to feel bad about not doing more, because i don't think you could've done anything to save yourself, even if you hadn't been loverized, because the poe was too strong. props to you just for taking over the spot (and, uh, sorry for the misleading promises of a carry)

beeboy:
despite a rocky start, you did a great job of making yourself obvtown, which was a huge factor in why this became such an easy game for town. my only advice to you would be to not let little things in games wind you up so much. hope that whatever circumstances led to your replace out aren't too bad and that you're doing all right.

Cephrir:
sorry for putting you through the wringer on day 1. i don't necessarily regret putting some pressure on you but i definitely took the wrong approach to you and should have come around to realizing you were town a lot sooner than 10 minutes into the night phase. you were faced with strange circumstances and did your best to analyze them, i should've tried to see things from your perspective rather than getting trapped in my dumb confirmation bias. good on you to have really looked at Ruler and really figured out that what they were saying didn't make sense. in a funny, roundabout way, you loverizing Ruler worked out as a play, because it kept them from being the easy default elimination on day 2 and forced me to go after slightly tougher targets. hope i didn't put you through too much hell, i tried to make it up to you after clearing you.

LLD:
well, i guess some things stay the same. despite my time away from the game, your posting style was somehow unmistakable to me and you were the one person whose identity i guessed. while i couldn't resist taunting you over reading me wrong, in hindsight i probably went a little too far and i tried to dial things back over the rest of the game. sorry about that i did appreciate you going against the grain and forcing me to look at things from a different angle. you got more crap than you deserved, you were wring about some reads, but it's not like anyone else was perfect either. i should have listened to you on shielder, you'd made good points, my view there was just compromised for certain reasons. our playstyles are probably just never going to be compatible, i respect the intensity you bring to games (before things got set to autopilot, anyway).

Dunnstral:
you came in late, held down an obvtown slot, didn't do anything stupid, and roasted me for my hubris. In other words, you did what you needed to. that's solid.

Lucky2u:
despite never being super active and always at the fringes of the PoE, you always did enough that i never really scumread you and you were never under threat of elimination. that's efficiency. also, your nighttime post was absolutely hysterical and in a game with a lot of funny moments, that might have been the funniest to me. also, serious props for blocking two nightkills while not even realizing you could do that.

Syryana:
nice to meet you, too. glad i could make your first game back an enjoyable one - they don't always go that way, unfortunately. even though i never really got around to fully trusting you (which is on me for not reading you closely enough), you did a great job this game, had strong reads, stayed consistent on them. you certainly didn't feel rusty from your play, and going low-key as doctor was probably the right approach. much respect.

fferyllt:
the way you addressed me, i would've figured you for an old friend who'd recognized me, especially after the comment about following me around like a lost puppy. well, nontheless, nice to meet you! i'm glad i didn't let you down for placing your trust in me, town leader is not typically the role i like to play in games. as i was saying to the mod, even though your time on this site is slightly after mine was, we probably know a lot of the same people through overlap. If you know Empire, he's an old friend of mine going back to our days at epicmafia (i stole my current avatar from him). nice playing with you, i enjoyed your style, that measured approach is one i enjoy working with as town even though it's not something i can do. again, took me a while to come around to trusting you but i was glad when i did.

zMuffinMan:
despite being around at the same time, i don't believe we've ever crossed paths until now. you definitely had an unique approach this game. it was, i would say, provocative in a way that generated decent reactions from people. kind of funny that my early game caused some confusion there, i don't get the sense that we're all that alike as players. it was an interesting experience and i respect you being willing to go outside the bounds of what's standard, i think play that's too rigid makes it too easy for people to blend in. appreciate you spelling out things for me when i asked, feel like i'm always having to laern things with regard to reading people.
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks for saying truly nice things about everyone, petapan!

I do know Empire, and Regfan as well. It's somehow not surprising that you have a background in EpicMafia. Some of my favorite MS players hail from there.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Syryana »

Mm, my first game on site (well, first completed game on site) was in a town with Empire-Mina hydra, actually got to meet Empire in Texas and both of them at Chicagomeet! It was a pleasure playing with you too,
Mr. President
Assassin
, petapan.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:01 am

Post by petapan »

it's funny because i think i'm the one who got him to join the site in the first place iirc, he got way more into the community than i did though
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by petapan »

regfan tried to teach me about mafia when i was just starting out but sadly i proved to be incapable of learning
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Do you know Brakes?

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by petapan »

i remember the name? i think he was one of those people who had a million different account names on EM that i could never keep track of. never really talked offsite but we did interact in games, i think. he probably has a better memory of me from EM than i do
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

He did have a million different accounts at EM. He's played here under at least 3 accounts. He's a lot of fun to play with. We've both always been town in our games, though!

Idic
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3555, petapan wrote:.
Nancy Drew 39:
Sorry the game didn't work out for you, you have my sympathies in not being able to tell the names/avatars apart, often a tricky thing in anonymous games. No shame in backing out when you did, always better to recognize early when a game isn't working for you rather than forcing yourself to struggle through it. wish i could've helped you out in some way ingame but it is what it is. hope that there are better times for you in other games in the future.
Thanks, I really did think that not being able to tell the names/avatars apart made things really difficult for me but I also struggled a lot with the mechanics. I was thinking that if I could just make it through the night, I’d be able to have some solid footing but when I struggled as much as I did trying to make reads. I realized I was in an uphill battle. Thanks for this, I definitely do appreciate it. Perhaps in the next game?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Cabd »

Empire and mina are both technically members of the semi non retired discord server we keep but neither of them actually goes on discord with us so
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Cabd »

Show

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Thank you for your kind words, petapan o/ I did enjoy myself and hope to have the opportunity to give folks a longer run for it in the future someday.
~ Edible
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Bell »

Just the alter/rider neighborhood to finish. On page 5. So far I understand where the million gigawatt town reads from rider and alter came from now.

Thanks peta, I said it in the dead thread but I am happy that the more powerful role got the IC.
Also, you didn’t owe it to me to hand me the Master, I was like 90% sure I was gunna get shot N1 and was very sad in my Pt when you gave me master.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:52 am

Post by petapan »

tbh i had that fear as well, which is why i contemplated waiting to see if you survived, but i wanted to hand it to someone i was sure was town and would use whatever they got in a responsible manner, you were the person i felt safest about giving it to on day 1. even had you died n1 not like it's a great difference if i had instead chosen someone who'd said their upgrade wasn't useful or w/e
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

God EM created so many good players

Also well done managing this game Peta
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

LLD do you play F/GO or did you pick Saori Hayami's Screams A Whole-Ass Mood: The Character based on designs/randomness
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

*Saori Hayami's Screams Are A Whole-Ass Mood

wups
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:52 am

In post 3570, Kilgamayan wrote:LLD do you play F/GO or did you pick Saori Hayami's Screams A Whole-Ass Mood: The Character based on designs/randomness
I have friends who play and I picked Atalanta Alter to be ANGIEST CAT

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Excellent choice, Alterlanta is incredibly relatable and also the dearest dear to ever dear
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 am

I love both Atalantas. But rage at the world for being unfair protect rhe innocents Atalanta is a mood for my personality tbh

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”