Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 3423, Lucky2u wrote:Also that night post was totally a feint for me not being able to do anything that night.
In post 723, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:You know, if I were scum and saw town-Beast's post in thread, I'd assume Beast has an entirely harmless role.
In post 724, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:This is why I like sticking to half-truths and unspoken lies.

If you're too direct, you make your goals obvious.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3468, Lucky2u wrote:Lancer and Ruler, did my night post have any effect on you at all?
i think i mentioned in the scumthread that your post looked like bait, but i wasn't sure as to what.
subconsciously, i don't think i would have figured out you were the doctor after you made the nightpost, however. at that point i had bigger things to worry about, but it definitely served its purpose, i'd say.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 am

Slightly disappointed to see the "guilty" was just that I used an investigative action. *shrug*
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 3434, fferyllt wrote:
In post 3430, Tammy wrote:Great game y’all! I think this is the first town win in a Cabd theme? Regardless, this game was a dream town.

This was fun to watch!

I wish I’d had time to play! When Cabd told me who was playing, I was super bummed I couldn’t play. Although my luck I’d have drawn scum and hated my entire life. Lol
When zmuffin quoted your sig during Day 0, I was like...wait what? Tammy???

It was kinda odd to do trajectorytm analysis without using the word, and also without describing what I was seeing in the usual ways. Without meta on so many players (f'rinstance it didn't occur to me that Bell was in the game, because I didn't know he was back at MS), I relied much more heavily on trajectory, tone and timing than I have in a long, long time.
I really enjoy alt games, and that’s one of the reasons. I love how it forces you to approach things differently
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:15 am

Actually, I think I thought Alter Ego might be Tammy at the time I wrote that, and then I started thinking it was ffery and then ffery said something about recent games and I was like "wait, maybe it's not ffery" and then I went back to: Alter Ego, who shall hence forth be referred to as "the ffery clone" or "I can't believe it's not ffery, the ffery substitute"
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Syryana »

Obligatory "neener neener neener" at muffin for thinking I was scum <3
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:23 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3479, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Actually, I think I thought Alter Ego might be Tammy at the time I wrote that, and then I started thinking it was ffery and then ffery said something about recent games and I was like "wait, maybe it's not ffery" and then I went back to: Alter Ego, who shall hence forth be referred to as "the ffery clone" or "I can't believe it's not ffery, the ffery substitute"
Your remark about someone suggesting people read the Tales of You game must be a sociopath was the other post that made me think "Tammy???".

The possibility of Tammy being suspicious of Syr on D0 was one of the more surreal moments in this game.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Syryana »

Oh man. Tammy and me not townreading each other when we're both town is a recurring nightmare of mine

It involves much page generation and yelling
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 am

Post by petapan »

...you were expecting Bugs Bunny, perhaps?
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3132, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 3131, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 3129, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I mean, I generally suck at getting the numbers right in a calc like this sometimes, but clearly being able to NK 2 town for the price of one craters town's chances in the event we elim town when we're at the point where there are 3 more living town than living scum at daystart.

Does it matter in the end if town has been wrong enough that we get to that gameday? Maybe not. It's a different sort of ello, but it's ello. With a clear on Ruler, ok then.

Please don't let that gameday happen without a clear on Ruler.
Why does every post you make sound like you're going to die.
Because I'm treating every gameday like my last. And treating every content-post like it will soon be something confirmed town said.

It's usually safe to assume my rolecard says I'm morbid town.
Spoiler:
Subject: [ACCESS CODE 1461] Paradox Prime - Endgame
AurorusVox wrote:
MafiaSSK (Lieutenant Novak, Armoured Military Officer) - Relieved of Life N3
Rift Adrift (Ensign Taryn Woolf, Morbid Townie) - Worst Fears Come True N3

Acting Captain Alrec Vock
Log Entry #8
Nov 28 3299

I am losing control.

First of all, Novak was killed during the night. We had thought he would be safe in the brig, behind all those security doors. And I don't know anyone stronger in hand-to-hand fights than Novak...he certainly wouldn't have gone down easily. But there he was, disembowelled on the floor of the cell, eyes staring up at the skies, mouth in a twisted grimace. What were we thinking?

Then Ensign Woolf died. She had known she was going to die for a long time now. The implant we had to install on her neuropathways to revitalise her after the incident on Aran Alpha had given her a keen sense what was to come, but being here really pushed her over the edge. It seems that fate is not quite as nailed down here as we would have thought; she confided in the crew that her date of death was always shifting, changing almost daily. I can only imagine the torture she would have felt as it changed last night...

And to think, we had actually considered locking her up. She rushed into the temporal gate, sure...but with that burden, I entirely understand her desire to see what was happening after her death. She knew she was meant to die, and just wanted a glimpse of a future that was out of her reach...

There are not many of us left now; nearly half of us are dead.

To make matters worse, our scanners continue to malfunction with each passing day. We have previously found reprieve in the night, but it seems that we will be in for an abrupt awakening. Something has intensified the light coming from the closest star, and now I fear we must add a difficulty sleeping to our list of problems. It may not sound like much, but I dread to think what this will be like when my crew want to tear each other's throats out as a matter of course. Then again, most of the deaths we have suffered have happened at night, so this might not be a bad thing after all...

Idic
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:36 am

In post 3480, Syryana wrote:Obligatory "neener neener neener" at muffin for thinking I was scum <3
Honestly, I never even got around to re-reading your posts. I got so lazy with it, I just stuck with whatever POE list I had D1 and never really bothered to check my thinking on you because it didn't matter.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:37 am

I think I even said something to that effect in thread: "until I get something wrong, not gonna bother thinking about it" or something like that.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:39 am

From my POV, after putting Shielder/Caster in the town pile, it was basically just "figure out which of the Ruler/Rider/Lancer/Saber pile I'm wrong about because one of them has to be town" but it didn't actually matter so *shrug*
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Syryana »

Welp, all's well that ends well.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3407, Cabd wrote:The problem for mafia this game is that they chose... none of these. They didn't even discuss their options, or have a plan. They just kind of went at it on their own, which allowed town to find town QUICKLY, leaving them out in the cold.

With their 4 votes, they could have swung things HARD towards foreigner or berserker, or even caster, MUCH earlier in the master drive phase.
In post 975, Cabd wrote:
Vote Count M-15

Caster (6): Saber, Lancer, Caster, Ruler, Rider, Foreigner
Avenger (4): Avenger, Berserker, Beast, Assassin
Assassin (3): Archer, Moon Cancer, Alter Ego
Saber (1): Shielder

Phase Page Count: 40/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-08 21:23:37)
looking back this was where the game really swung, archer moved their vote here but put it on avenger, very well could have tempted a hammer on caster if he'd put it there. then the next page lancer voted me, i ate dinner and decided "fuck it let's do this thing"
free crypto
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Syryana »

Yeah, they really boned themselves with that. The archer late vote swing convinced a lot of undecideds he was scum, and you naturally turned out to be a goddamn town singularity. Of those three, you were scum's worst nightmare for an IC!
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:46 am

What were the scum upgrades anyway?

(I still don't think 10:3 with a head start on associations is all that bad a concept, even if electing a town player was probably theoretically better in most cases.)
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:50 am

I just want to point out, btw, that I never once voted a town player in this game. Or any player at all, but it sounds better if I just say I never once voted a town player.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Syryana »

The scum upgrades were just the individual with a master upgrades. Lancer's was the best. The rest of them were kinda eh, with some niche uses for Ruler's in combo with his NP.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:54 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3418, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Petapan, you were an amazing IC. 10-10 would play with you again. I just hope you aren't as formidable a scum player as you were as town in this game.
In post 3420, Bell wrote:Petapan is a formidable scum player from old meta.
see the anonymity was good because i know i'd sure as shit get tinfoiled if anyone knew who i was

was also very funny because i got townread for things like being abrasive, which, uh, is not a towntell for me (i was going to make a crack about never being out of my scumrange if i got the opportunity to post before the end of the master phase but the threadlock was too fast)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:55 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3492, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I just want to point out, btw, that I never once voted a town player in this game. Or any player at all, but it sounds better if I just say I never once voted a town player.
you know what they say, you miss 0% of the shots you don't take
free crypto
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Syryana »

You voted Assassin, and he was a town player~

Pedit: If you'd made that crack shortly before the mods made the troll flavor I'd have jumped off a cliff
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3494, petapan wrote:
In post 3418, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Petapan, you were an amazing IC. 10-10 would play with you again. I just hope you aren't as formidable a scum player as you were as town in this game.
In post 3420, Bell wrote:Petapan is a formidable scum player from old meta.
see the anonymity was good because i know i'd sure as shit get tinfoiled if anyone knew who i was

was also very funny because i got townread for things like being abrasive, which, uh, is not a towntell for me (i was going to make a crack about never being out of my scumrange if i got the opportunity to post before the end of the master phase but the threadlock was too fast)
The first flavor post just sitting out there for what seemed like weeks was heart-stopping enough, thankyouverymuch!

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3440, Cabd wrote:Oh, also, feedback is welcome on the page per phase restriction. Personally, I think it artificially slowed the game down at times, but the game page length being more manageable was well worth it.
i don't think it ever actually factored into play? we were never avoiding posting to save post count (even with bell in the game), it just got slowed down because of other things. if people got discouraged from spaming well that's fine
free crypto
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:07 am

I started town-reading you due to your reaction to me thinking you're scum.

That's about it.

I thought the reasoning for your Lancer push very early on was pretty bad and uh... overly drawn out? But maybe it's because there seemed to be obvious differences between Avenger/Berserker.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”