She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Whichever one of you it is, drop the act already. For Lavenders sake!!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

I wish I was scum this game :(
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Lavender
Lavender
Goon
Lavender
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Lavender »

I need some advil
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by Isis »

After Nahdia said their piece, the worst nodded.
"Fine. I'll make some executive decisions, if you've given me room"
The Woshua creature crawled out of his turtle costume, leaving an empty shell on the floor.
"Glub... glub. It's Morning Tweet's fault PookyTheMagicalBear wasn't able to bring me my gift yesterday. Glub... PookyTheMagicalBear didn't know what they were for.."
Morning Tweet flew higher to try to get a view of the cute rubber
duckie
that was part of the worst's body.
"We don't need you for this scene... glub"
The worst aimed his arm at Morning Tweet and blasted enough water to push her out of the window, leaving only Lavender and Noraa.
From Morning Tweet's body, a small parcel she had gotten from PookyTheMagicalBear when she was roleplaying a vigilante earlier fell. The worst gleefully retrieved it.
"Perfect. The most important prop."
The worst began working on the machine Nahdia had left behind, using it to change the set. Everything changed to a school hallway, with rows of silvery lockers and school projects pinned to the walls.
The worst approached Noraa and gave her the parcel. "You will be a seller in this scene. I know you really, really want to sell something, Noraa. I know you can't bear to turn down this role." Noraa felt uncomfortable because it seemed a lot like this was scripting, and not improv. But she
did
want to sell something. She slowly nodded and put the parcel between her paws.
Finally, the worst put on some light music using the machine. Then he started his scene.
"Man! School is really tough!"
Lavender, driven by compulsion, repeated each line after the worst did.

"Man! School is really tough!"

"Afterwards, I need to relax!"

"Afterwards, I need to relax!"

"And after doing stuff for my boring teachers, I worry everyone might forget how cool I am!"

"And after doing stuff for my boring teachers, I worry everyone might forget how cool I am!"

Then the worst walked over to Noraa. Noraa looked very shady, because she was nervous about how the content of the after school special was shifting. But it looked like she felt shady about what she was selling, even though she didn't know what it was.
The worst handed her a palmful of money, then retrieved the parcel from Noraa. Then he walked where the camera could see really well to open it up.
Inside were a few small, brown, dog biscuits, and a lighter.

"That's why it rocks to smoke dog biscuits!"

"That's why it.. rocks to.. smoke dog.. biscuits!"

The worst lit a dog biscuit on fire and pushed it into his mouth. The eyes of the rubber ducky in his body began tearing up from the smoke. The water in the worst's body began to steam and a strange black exhaust came out of the other side of the worst's mouth.
The worst lit another one and chucked it at Lavender, which made it orbit around her and make smoke circles.

"I look so cool! This makes me cool!"

"I look so... ahhhhh... cool! This makes me..ahhh.. cool!"

Lavender began to cough a bit.
"Sold by vendors everywhere. And beloved by the new love interest character of Kissy Mew Mew, airing after this. Approved for safety by beeboy himself. This has been a wild ride younglings, but this has been the core message. Say swear words and drop out of school."
Even as Tanner struggled to figure out how to turn off the spotlights, the worst threw a dog biscuit at the camera to click the transmit button. There was nothing that would stop this from airing.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Isis »

Congratulations to the victors of Undertale C Open,
the worst, CantLynchAPuppy, and beeboy
! Well played by the second place finish,
Hectic, Nachomamma8, Noraa, PookyTheMagicalBear, catboi, Morning Tweet, Tayl0r Swift, Lavender, and Tanner.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:
The worst, you are
mafia
. You are
Woshua
dressed as
Gerson
Your partners are Elements and CantLynchAPuppy(as Chara). You can talk with them here. Fakeflavor will be provided in the scum PT.
->

You've been telling people they need to wash their hands for years. Please wash your hands. Please wash your hands. No one listens! Never! They keep on getting messy. It drives you wild. You've given up at this point. You know clean is the right way to be, but now you'd like to just prove to yourself you can spread any kind of message. You've dressed as Gerson to hide your youthfulness and inherit some wise persuasion.
So when Nahdia announced a new after school special, you joined in on a plot to insert an appealing and addictive message. All the younglings should start smoking dog treats, just like CantLynchAPuppy does before and after breakfast, during brunch, at tea time, bed time, and that special time in the middle of the night just for smoking dog treats.
You are a very critical member of the conspiracy because you can wash the bags under CantLynchAPuppy's eyes and the unsightly crumbs from his mouth that give away how damaging to a lifestyle smoking dog treats truly is.

Please confirm for the game by telling me your alignment, any partner's names, and acknowledging that the mafia have daytalk.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:
Morning Tweet
, you are town. You are
Knight Knight
dressed as
Whimsalot
->
As a wielder of the Good Morningstar, you are an enthusiast about the value of a positive message bid to others in the morning. You didn't pay enough attention to realize that this afterschool special will be aired in the afternoon even though you're shooting in the morning, so you're very excited about performing and helping younglings start their day. When Nahdia opened up the costume room, you were overwhelmed with all the options, and you tried a few on, and you realized that, for you at least, they seemed to affect your voice. So even though you naturally have a low, lullaby voice, for the best rise-and-shine spirit you decided to put on the costume of a chirpy, fluttery Whimsalot, even if you've only ever seen any at night. When the show starts, you plan to do lots of chippy figure eights and sing a little bit and make the younglings smile about starting their day, then cooperate in conveying whatever message Nahdia has planned.
Since you're only concerned about the overall tone of the of the show, you have no agenda running counter to Nahdia's programming.

Please confirm for the game by telling me your alignment, any partner's names, and acknowledging that the mafia have daytalk.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:
Noraa, you are
town
. You are
Vegetoid
dressed as
Catty
->

All your life, you have sung about the rich benefits of vegetables. Yet no matter how much you sing and sing, it seems very few monsters want to eat vegetables. It's a tragedy. What is the secret to persuasion and peddling? How do you get to that next level?
You've always admired Catty, who runs the shop next door to MTT resort. She seems like she can sell
anything
, even an empty gun!
Nahdia started an afterschool special, and is handing lots of people Nice Cream. Well, you know for sure that if everyone starts earning and consuming Nice Cream, they will feel bloated and groggy and are going to to be susceptible for hearing the message about true superfood. Still, given your past failure you should get every edge for evangelizing. So in the costume room, you choose to dress up like your ideal Catty. While Catty doesn't generally sing at her store, you're sure singing isn't what's wrong with your methods, so you're going to power the show as a convincing, singing cat.
Since you want everyone to have their teeth rot out and get sugar headaches so you can sooth them with fibrous blessings, you have no agenda against Nahdia's show being successful and dishing out frosty wages.

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Isis »

"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Isis »

Scum PT is pending possible redactions.
The mod PT basically only has alignment rand dice rolls and the role PMs that I've posted so that's meh.
"Well, I..."
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Nicely done, worsty! ily2 btw
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i am so glad dead townies were okay with the story i wrote. i wasn't sure if theyd be okay with it because i didnt know if theyd want me to portray them without their control

but ultimately i ended up posting it because i felt like it might help our chances even slightly

I really screwed up voting Noraa although i didnt actually think she was still considering voting worst so i wanted to find out if it really was worst or not by seeing what she'd do in response to the vote

overall i am just so glad its over
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by the worst »

no redactions from scum pt, but a caveat

i strongly stand by a lot of the points i made in the penultimate game phase (in fact, they were even coming from a cheeky informed scumfuck :shifty:). but a word of warning, please please please please be very careful with treating self-meta as alignment indicative. i don't think that anyone (INCLUDING krazy, for the record) actually went out of their way to nuke the integrity of the gamestate via self meta in this game. it was just a very messy murky conversation where everybody had some version of "wroah i could never be scum because
x
", and krazy stepped too far across the line into dialogue which explicitly presented as though it was meant to be a trust tell.

my advice to anyone who feels like a gamestate is stagnant & their only way out is to self-meta into oblivion? take a step back, reread some old games / wiki theory or something, and try your hardest to think about the game in a new way. meta can be very powerful when used correctly, but it unambiguously detracts from the quality of a game. anecdotally i'd rather lose to good scum playing their heart out (even if they are meta-identifiable as scum, because they have a better scumgame than towngame) than win a game entirely on the virtue of meta.

it's just something very different from the game of mafia - and sometimes it will help (i could link 10 examples), sometimes it will not help (e.g. this game) - it's always imo less satisfying than just playing your ass off and letting the best person win.

this is all me as a player btw i am not a mod on the mafia side of things.

ok off my high horse: all that aside, this was a really cool game. writing off the meta headache, i actually think this game was consistently well played from everything i saw. thank you to the town for a hell of a challenge. was a pleasure playing with you all, and i hope it's not the last time. ♥

thank you isis for modding. as always, the worldbuilding you put into mafia games is fabulous and adds an incredible amount of character.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Well played duckie <3

Thanks to Tweetie for never giving up <3 <3 that opening post was amazing and so beautiful.

Thanks again to our wonderful mods - this game was so beautiful and tragic ~.~ too many tears and emotions <3 <3 <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Noraa »

Twas a confusing game. Sorry for pushing that last mislim. The reason why I thought the last townie was doing badly was because they didnt obvtown. Generally in a scenario like this, I generally expect them to have stronger opinions on who is scum considering Lav was conftown and I was close enough and prolly at a locktown type of thing. I would've expected the townie to be like "this is scum. yeet them NOW"
Anyways gg. I repped in late. Didnt get emotional whatsoever. Never repping into a game in limlo ever again.
Thanks mod for hosting!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

Im fuming
GTKAS
| here.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 5690, Alisae wrote:Im fuming
*runs away*
dont hurt me
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Isis »

I think this setup was townsided, but not so townsided I will lose sleep over it. It was pretty hard to argue against genocide or at least going 3:1, which means the setup didn't deliver on its conceit. It is exceedingly difficult to get this setup to deliver on its conceit. I'm probably going to, at minimum, take a break from moderating this series.

Much of what the worst said about trust tells not being absolute proof of alignment is true. They are inadmissible proof of alignment, not absolute proof of alignment, and something players shouldn't be asked to sort, but not something unsortable. The game was mukked some, but based on the modding philosophy of only modkilling slots that have become 100% readable, the game was left for players to continue to play out in its altered state.

Although it's much more pedestrian than actions resulting in a ban, this game also seemed harmed to me by lots of replacements, and I feel somewhat slighted by the quantity of them in the aggregate even though it's dicey to point at individual replaceouts and say someone didn't have a good enough reason.. As a moderator I really love to see players hold onto their slots and stay in till the end, it's often the unselfish thing to do for the other players in the game and the moderator watching even when your slot becomes somewhat unfun to play, because it results in higher quality gameplay when a slot has been retained by the same player for longer. I'm grateful to all replacements that filled empty slots.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Hectic »

well played, worstie, and thank you for modding, Isis!
In post 169, Hectic wrote:I believe.

You won in my heart, Morning
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 5691, Noraa wrote:
In post 5690, Alisae wrote:Im fuming
*runs away*
dont hurt me
you're not to blame for anything, if anything, everything was out of your control
GTKAS
| here.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 5689, Noraa wrote:Twas a confusing game. Sorry for pushing that last mislim. The reason why I thought the last townie was doing badly was because they didnt obvtown. Generally in a scenario like this, I generally expect them to have stronger opinions on who is scum considering Lav was conftown and I was close enough and prolly at a locktown type of thing. I would've expected the townie to be like "this is scum. yeet them NOW"
Anyways gg. I repped in late. Didnt get emotional whatsoever. Never repping into a game in limlo ever again.
Thanks mod for hosting!
tweetie's reaction to my suicide was pretty obv town :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Noraa »

phew.
*hides behind hectic anyways*
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 5695, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:tweetie's reaction to my suicide was pretty obv town :3
my definition is a bit more ..... wonky ig? it be based on my literal 6 games worth of experience >.<
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

how about the part where MT voted at EoD D2?
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5693, Hectic wrote:
In post 169, Hectic wrote:I believe.