Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Then give one that does.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

No
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay, then consider this strike two.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Testarossa »

That dialogue :lol:
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Testarossa »

My problem with a 3p scum team is the way how D3 went down. If it would have been mylo they could have just won yesterday, the Ico kill proves that they weren't afraid of an eventual jk shot. In fact it was foolproof because Ico was townreading tris anyway and believed that the Commuter claim is town.

Instead they all did nothing and waited... for what? Gamma has been pushing NM's slot since the end of D1, he could easily have went back there, for Alch it would have been easy too, Egix was positioning himself to favour a NM vote over an Alch vote and it was my impression that Una also originally preferred NM over Alch? In contrast you could only count on me, tris and NM on voting Alch. It would have been so easy to get a NM exe through.

I just don't understand how tris as scum plays herself into a deadend where she has no choice but to go for Alch once a exe within the hood was due. And actually got the stone rolling against Alch.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Why did you choose to commute in N2 btw, tris?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by tris »

i thought it might be a good idea to do it before we reach what could be melo, and a decent amount of people were townreading me, and i wanted to do it before we do a mass-claim
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by tris »

@not_mafia but, isn't this town gamma?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1329, Testarossa wrote:My problem with a 3p scum team is the way how D3 went down. If it would have been mylo they could have just won yesterday,
the Ico kill proves that they weren't afraid of an eventual jk shot
. In fact it was foolproof because Ico was townreading tris anyway and believed that the Commuter claim is town.

No, if that were the case, wouldn't they have just killed you? Shooting Ico was the safe play if they had any doubt as to whether he'd already jailed.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Ugh yeah, meant it proved they were afraid, don't know why I came up with the negation. The point is, that I don't see two remaining scum, who are in a 4p poe after Alch's flip, killing off someone out of that poe. Sure, they only need one mis-exe anyway, but it's like betting everything on that one.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Day ends in (expired on 2020-10-22 16:00:24)
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

We should not be letting a no elim happen probably
<Embrace The Void>

Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Testarossa »

No, it wouldn't bring us anywhere.

I am around, tbh I am just waiting for Una to come up with his conclusion on Egix at this point.

I am not really convinced on tris being scum.

I will either go for Egix or, if we assume three scum, compromise on Gamma as he is always scum in such a scenario (I doubt tris/Egix open mylo with cross-bussing each other).
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:46 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I'm now here.
If there's anything specific people would like to point me towards, or "make a case" in favor/against anything, I'm all ears.

Other than that, I'm just going to make a separate ISO-dive for egix starting NOW.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:05 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 93, Egix96 wrote:
In post 74, EchoVision wrote:yall are tryin too hard too early zzzzzzzzz
Tbf, I would much rather have that than have the game be boring.
NAI statement, but at least it's not anything LAMIST or otherwise drenched in wine.
In post 94, Egix96 wrote:
In post 92, UnaBombaH wrote:Ok, NOW I feel like tris should be voted. ^^

VOTE: tris
Why though? I'm actually getting town feels from .
This feels weird.
Not only because seems very much NAI to me anyway, but because he doesn't return to this even after I have said what was on my mind? :?
So maybe posing to defend a town-slot?
In post 121, Egix96 wrote:Why would Nero be less likely to make such observations as scum?
This is also something that often makes me go 50/50 on a slot.
It's easier to just throw questions at people in the early game, instead of providing their own thoughts on things.

On the other hand...it's still better than just creating noise for the sake of racking up posts. :]
In post 209, Egix96 wrote:I was thinking that scum wouldn't forget that they hadn't moved their vote.
I think that while this assessment might be deeply flawed, it's not something scum would use as an argument? :?
So I'm arguing that a poor argument by a townie is more likely to me here, than scum looking to make a defence for town!tris.
If that makes ANY sense.
In post 210, Egix96 wrote:That seems like it would be a luxury for scum, so how does it serve you as town?
This is egix engaging directly with Echo who was playing rather lynchbait-y D1. :?
In post 341, Egix96 wrote:But from your perspective, that's what scum want, and you ideally shouldn't want to die.
So was this. I feel like egix was trying to give Echo a chance to redeem themself here, because there were already multiple votes on the wagon with next to no resistance.
In post 342, Egix96 wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Echovision

Consider me unimpressed.
I think this was something most of us felt D1. Eh?
In post 477, Egix96 wrote:Admittedly I'm not sure how you expect me to be able to answer that, but I will say that the last time I played in a game with Echo, he practically crumbled as soon as a wagon formed on him. The disappointing thing was that he was actually town that time...
And this makes sense to me as well.

All in all, not much of heavy substance D1.
But nothing outright scummy to my eyes either? :?
Added +town for egix comes from the fact that (to me at least) it seems like Alch was lazily poking towards egix to be the D1-lynch at one point.
If that was S/S, then it was a good show, because almost no one seemed to point at it at the time, but upon a reread it's easily noticable.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:06 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Also this whole quote-wall of a post from egix towards tris resonates with me very well. :]
In post 807, Egix96 wrote:
In post 575, tris wrote:
In post 571, tris wrote:i've actually been a less impressed with echo though, so maybe i should switch there.
actually nvm on this. i don't think he's playing like scum
In post 619, tris wrote:
In post 588, skitter30 wrote:
In post 563, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 523, EchoVision wrote:VOTE: skitter
VOTE: skitter
Think she's trying to position herself tactically here
while this is, like, wrong, it's also a bonkers vote for scum to be making in this gamestate

(namely: he's currently the leading wagon. and is following his cw onto a vanity wagon that is extremely unlikely to get traction in the next (i think) 17 hours or whatever it is. survivalistic scum don't really make this vote)
oof. i think you're right. i noticed it earlier, but i didn't want to give up on my scumread, but it's actually a strong piece of evidence UNVOTE:
In post 620, tris wrote:i've completely changed my mind here. VOTE: Echo
Was there actually anything to make you think that Echo was scum though? Your progression here seems kinda whack.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:17 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 926, Egix96 wrote:
In post 919, Testarossa wrote:Egix, where is your head at rn? You just have tris and me as suspicions?

Independent of that, can you explain your current read on skitter slot?
Yes. Also, my top two town rn are Icon and Nero.

I haven't yet got around to examining skitter's posts, though I didn't get any strong feelings from just seeing her posts while catching up before.

This is the part where I was about to say "so yeah, she's still pretty much null" but then I remembered about not wanting to yeet her D1, but that's because I was more confident in an Echo scum flip and also not wanting to risk a D1 yeet on someone I consider to be a strong player.
Considering this as well though: IF egix is scum here, he has called a bunch of now_confirmed-townies town. :?
In post 927, Egix96 wrote:
In post 925, UnaBombaH wrote:I'm thinking egix might be my top townread now that Datisi is unfortunately gone. :lol:
Huh.

That's... even though I'm not really all that into this game, if I dare say so myself?
Once again, if egix is scum here, this is well received imo.
Not going full on paranoid about me potentially attempting to "pocket" him is the other extreme, the other being too comfortable with my townread on him.
In post 940, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm in a neighbourhood with Alchemist and Una
This was N_M outing our hood.
LITERALLY 3 MINUTES LATER..
In post 941, Egix96 wrote:
In post 924, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 918, Testarossa wrote:Una, I think you mentioned somewhere that Alch and skitter slot are never scum together.
Yes, and that's literally all I'm saying.
I can actually see either of the two as
potential scumsters
- not necessarily my own scumreads as of right now though - but they are never scum together.
If one of them is scum - the other is town. Period.
Well that would explain this.
Now - this can actually go one of two ways AGAIN. :lol:
This was either egix being on the lookout for hints and reacting quickly when something that could be in reference to my post was given (+town?) OR this is scum!egix who was waiting for the opportunity to actually talk about our hood (which he would've been aware of per Alchemist obviously).
I now understand better why people might scumread egix this game. He has done a lot of "grey area" 50/50 calls and reactions.
In post 971, Egix96 wrote:It's just that, ime, scum don't normally show that much willingness to re-evaluate when tunnelling on people. They feel like they have to get that misyeet through.
Again, I disagree with the assessment, but find it hard to believe that scum would use this as an argument either. :lol:
Damnitallllllll.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1222, Egix96 wrote:{Alchemist, NM, Bomba} - I think it's fair to assume that this neighbourhood is 2t1s, since I agree 2s1t is unlikely due to the daytalk thing and I don't think there's room in this gamestate for the hood to be 3t. I think that Bomba is the towniest in this group, with the scum being a tossup between the other two (aorn I'm like 51% NM 49% Alch, I oughta reread here).
This looks bad in retrospect. :?
51% for the townslot to potentially push the mislynch over, but keeping the scumbuddy at 49% to make it as close as possible in the event they get flipped.
Fence-sitting with absolute minimal pressure towards the mislynch - that's literally what 1/2 of the scumteam would want to do.
In post 1222, Egix96 wrote:{Ico, tris} - I'm doubting that these two are t/t since having 5 TPRs (not counting neighbours) in a game with only 12 players total seems like overkill to me. I'm leaning towards tris being the s, this is about 75/25.
And this looks bad as well, considering that Ico died last night.
Also fits well with the fact that I've been vocally gutreading egix as town and tris as scum.
In post 1222, Egix96 wrote:That leaves Gamma, whose alignment I guess hinges on whether there are two or three scum?
Same with this part. Mirrors my previous thoughts almost to a T.
In post 1246, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1243, tris wrote:can we do alchemist?
Why should I vote Alch over NM? (Don't just say "cos he's your buddy")
Again, looks worse in retrospect.
In post 1269, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: Alch

I guess it's either this or nothing then.
Not sure about this though.. :?
I mean, there were 3 votes on Alch when egix committed. 5 needed.
There was no actual guarantee we were going to get the votes necessary!
Mind you - N_M and GAMMA were not voting at all (or Alch himself obviously).

Tris did a whole different tap-dance with her votes earlier as well.
I guess(??) egix sort of committed into making ~a~ vote when he said he was around before the deadline but... :?
I arrived literally 7min before the deadline to hammer Alch. :lol:
It was not by no means obvious that it was going through there - it was just the only wagon that COULD HAVE GONE THROUGH.

I feel like tris and Gamma both acted worse around that lynch to be honest.
And that should mean something as well, considering it's the only red flip we have so far.
Ech.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:30 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Gonna need a shitbreak -> coffee break -> shower in that order.
Might wash my hands in between.
Then I'll return to make up my mind about the three remaining suspects.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:33 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Ok, well.
There wasn't much of anything else left in egixs ISO. :lol:

I'm literally torn between scum!/town!egix.
Doesn't help that the Ico-kill last night makes no sense to me anyway.
Objectively speaking - Testarossa would've been the right kill for scum 10/10 times.

I wanna hear arguments against that before I talk more about it, but Testa being alive today means something to scum.
Hence why I'm still feeling scum!tris and (to a lesser degree) scum!Gamma over scum!egix.

I'm off to do some coaching soon, but will have plenty of time after/tomorrow at work before deadline.
I think I need to ISO Gamma and tris as well before I can feel comfortable with my reads on anyone of them.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Testarossa »

Was thinking about that kill as well, but tbh mine and Ico's reads were somewhat very similar. Like it was clear I will suspect in Egix and Gamma and have tris as town. The hood aside Ico suspected scum within Gamma and Egix and had you and more or less tris as town. I think he was a bit uncertain about tris because she didn't seem to townread skitter when she made her switch from Gamma to Echo due to skitter's reasoning. (to which tris didn't replied to Ico)

Mostly suspect that scum was too afraid of a potential clear/guilty by Ico's jk shot and that it would be too difficult to vote Ico out as he can postflood the thread if you go against him and can be kind of omgus-y, which fits the pattern of the other kills like Datisi and Nero more or less. Tbf that motivation would apply to both Egix and tris. I feel like Gamma would be less afraid about that, but I don't know him well enough, might be misjudgement of character by me.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1345, Testarossa wrote:Mostly suspect that scum was too afraid of a potential clear/guilty by Ico's jk shot and that it would be too difficult to vote Ico out as he can postflood the thread if you go against him and can be kind of omgus-y, which fits the pattern of the other kills like Datisi and Nero more or less.
Think about it - Ico had one shot.
If he had managed to land his block correctly last night (on the remaining scum who would be carrying out the nightkill), he could've saved himself anyway.
Meaning that it didn't matter who the scum would've targeted last night - Ico or otherwise - because Ico would'be been able to block the kill if he had targeted correctly.
So scum should've definitely killed the conf.town in you Testa, and then combated the potential "clear" Ico would've brought to the table.
Possible explanations including a theoretical 3man scumteam (= not an actual inno) or just theoretical scum!Ico (could've made me buy that).

So if there's only one scumster remaining, there was a genuine risk last night that Ico might've stopped the kill no matter who was the target, and the potential inno was never going to be as strong as an ACTUAL confirmed IC. :]
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

So you either think that the remaining scum made a poor decision overall with that kill-choice, or that it meant something to them.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

I really need to read tris today to feel any better either way.
Will squeeze that into my workday, so the following ~8hours I guess.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Egix96 »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

I see more chance of this happening than a tris elim.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”