Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-3

The King is silent. Puck turns his back, and the Queen considers her options.

Bluebell
(2): Mundivore, Redados
Mundivore
(1): Bluebell

Not Voting
(2): Egix96, the worst

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: October 19, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2020-10-19 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- I will be mostly offline for the next 3 or so hours.
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 949, the worst wrote:
In post 946, the worst wrote:in which order did you come up with those theories and how is the Mundivore one more valid than the others?
Just quoting this in case you're town but I increasingly feel like your reads just aren't real.

It's 4am here, I'll hammer when I wake back up.
Order for order? Okay.

One. Mundivore meteoric movement on me made me mighty miffed so his statements stirred round and round in my brain.

Two. When the wagon on me didn't depart I had time to turn my thoughts on the Worst having quickly heaved himself on the REO train and his supposedly solid "clearing" by spew.

Three and four: Redados and Egix don't seem scum so I should shift my thoughts to them since theoretically that may be indicative in itself.

Have almost said adieu, but have second statement so please pardon me 60 minutes more.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:15 am

Post by the worst »

I'll be around.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Bluebell »

The Wild Hunt Day Three thoughts through 895 had me examining Mundivore, when Mundivore deflected the defense to me (896). I held the horses to return to regarding Mundivore (898) and moved on to clarifying communication.

Egix did not register on my radar because of his measured movement on examination of everyone. The Worst proceeded with politic proof of his innocence, and I looked more closely at those claims. Then The Worst and Redados related their travel target of the bumbling Bluemobile. Mundivore purchased plain passage for my expulsion and I volley voted. Egix favorably conversed of my train traverse and The Worst joyfully jumped onto joining my ejection! Then only one winsome someone was needed to knock me out! I tried to reason a return from my uneasy edge but Egix declared me desperate and Mundivore slandered my step of voting him after his own hasty hand! Then he reversed, but not with his vote. One more traveler on my train and I am derailed.

Discerning my distress and dizziness, Egix explained in 933 por qué my posts were provoking my predicament. Alas, I can't ascertain exactly who is laughing into their sleeve at my prospective miselimination and who is aiming with best intent of cleaning the sink of scum. So I state my circling suspicions...

Everyone except Mundivore moved to grant me time to try to say my piece. The Worst kindly conversed with me, probably recognizing I am clueless, not canny, whichever affiliation is argued. I try to sort out my suspicions to help my home, whoever resides there, but nothing new emanates except maybe I must suspect those who continuously slide out of my sights. Really nothing more radical to contribute, except Mundivore tardily tried to lament the alacrity of my wagon. Sorry town, at least my elimination won't end the true continuation of the game. You have my real appreciation for that consolation, my approaching revealed association .

Swan song submitted.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 am

Post by the worst »

For what it's worth I definitely think that's the case - if this is your scumgame I think there was better equity in NK15 surviving til endgame, if this is your towngame then....yeah like this could be sincere, but there isn't a lot in your iso which I think would be particularly hard for scum to fake, it that makes sense.

A big part of me wants you to be town because I enjoy your poetic turn of phrase :cry: but if you are town and we elim'd someone else today I'm pretty sure you'd still be here in f3 and I'm not sure you'd be any easier to sort then

Thank you for the swan song nonetheless. If we're wrong on you, I'm sure whoever remains shall avenge you. o7

VOTE: Bluebell
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:37 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-4

Another great noise of beasts and war sweeps over the glade. This time, the defenders are quick to arms, but to no avail. The fight sweeps through and beyond, and another body lies broken in the grass.

Bluebell
(3): Mundivore, Redados, the worst
Mundivore
(1): Bluebell

Not Voting
(1): Egix96

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: October 19, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2020-10-19 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

An Elimination has been achieved!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:41 am

Post by fferyllt »

Bluebell was a
Vanilla Townie

Night 3 begins now and will end on October 21 at Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2020-10-21 00:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The Worst was a
Vanilla Townie

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-1
Day 4 Begins!

The Fae Folk quickly compose themselves and gather around closely. Their focus on the three central figures -- Titania, Oberon and Puck -- seems filled with fearful fascination, as though the very forest around them will be wrought or unwrought by the decisions under contemplation.

Not Voting
(3): Redados, Egix96, Mundivore

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to eliminate.

Deadline: October 28, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2020-10-28 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Idic
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Redados »

hey guys. I will admit that I have not been feeling super excited about forum mafia lately. currently feeling towny on egix and scummy on mundivore but I am going to re-read the whole game and decide from there. but it goes without saying that no one should vote yet
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Mundivore »

No problem.

I'm SR on Egix, TR on Red.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Egix96 »

I'll have a go at rereading later, but currently I'm thinking Mundi is the scum.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Redados »

Checking in to say that I haven't re-read the game yet, but I still plan to.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Mundivore »

So I suppose that if I'm scumread by both players, it's my job to make myself a towncase, or else the town loses?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Redados »

Mundivore's voting:

Day one:

-Mundivore was on initial
Satisfaction
E-1 wagon
-Mundivore was on
ArthurConyl
E-1 wagon
-Mundivore did NOT force
Shelly
to claim - Towncred
-Mundivore was on final
ArthurConyl
wagon

Day two:

-Mundivore had their vote on
the worst
all day Day Two
-Mundivore hammered
NK15
-Towncred, but they specifically say that the intent to hammer is to get a kill and that they would be willing to switch to
the worst
if people are around. That gets rid of the oomph.

Day three:

-First vote on
Bluebell
(although a bunch of people were scumreading Bluebell at this point)

I guess I would ask Mundivore that you talk me through your thought process here. Looking strictly at the votes, this doesn't look great.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Redados »

I feel like Egix created great content during day three that made up for the fact that he was so low-activity earlier in the game. I feel like Mundivore slid in the opposite direction as time progressed.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Mundivore »

In post 964, Redados wrote:Mundivore's voting:

Day one:

-Mundivore was on initial
Satisfaction
E-1 wagon
-Mundivore was on
ArthurConyl
E-1 wagon
-Mundivore did NOT force
Shelly
to claim - Towncred
-Mundivore was on final
ArthurConyl
wagon

Day two:

-Mundivore had their vote on
the worst
all day Day Two
-Mundivore hammered
NK15
-Towncred, but they specifically say that the intent to hammer is to get a kill and that they would be willing to switch to
the worst
if people are around. That gets rid of the oomph.

Day three:

-First vote on
Bluebell
(although a bunch of people were scumreading Bluebell at this point)

I guess I would ask Mundivore that you talk me through your thought process here. Looking strictly at the votes, this doesn't look great.
I mean, if we're going strictly by votes, I'd say the best argument to my favor was that I convinced Satisfaction to join the Not Known wagon. There's not much reason for scum to do that, actively convincing a townie onto a scumwagon goes a bit beyond reasonable accumulation of town-cred. It's also a bit of a misrepresentation of my position to say that I was reluctant on NK15—I was quite enthusiastic after getting a night of sleep and really thinking about the fakeclaim.

Also, if you're thinking about votes? Egix claimed intent to hammer D2, but backed off in response to a poor fakeclaim. In the end, we got the D2 elim—on scum!—without Egix's help.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Mundivore »

Although, I'm uncertain if it's more the case that Egix backed off or that Egix just wasn't there, in fairness.

Your case just gives me all kind of sus vibes, Red. I think it's just OMGUS-reflex, though, since I'm the only person who's conftown to me and because I feel like you're misrepresenting my position.

Overwhelming evidence still says you're town. Putting NK at E-1 on D2 without particularly intense pressure on them is pretty exonerating, and you stayed on the wagon even after the fakeclaim, which I also find to be fairly exonerating.

Also, in retrospect:

NK15 claims in response to Egix saying that he's willing to hammer. NK then hard-accuses the worst in response to his asking for him to claim—but the worst is asking for a claim before a hammer, which is... standard? And he didn't have control over the prospective hammer. Egix did. Egix was the person who had the real power to force a claim, but NK accuses the worst instead. Why not the person with the actual power to force a claim?

If Egix is the scumbuddy, then that question becomes a lot clearer.

Not Known strikes me as very by-the-books low-activity opportunistic scum, not the sort to take gambits. NK15 has pressured you (Red). NK15 has accused both you and me of being scum. If you agree with my character read of NK15 (which tbh isn't very strong, so you don't have to), then that exonerates both of us.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Redados »

What you said makes a lot of sense. This is frustrating that this isn't as cut-and-dry as I would like it to be, but I guess that would be too easy. I'll dig deeper into Egix ISO tomorrow because it's entirely possible that I'm tunneling/confbiasing here. Gonna take a step back and look at this with fresh eyes.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Redados »

I would really, really like to hear from Egix re: posts 964-968.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 964, Redados wrote:-Mundivore hammered NK15-Towncred, but they specifically say that the intent to hammer is to get a kill and that they would be willing to switch to the worst if people are around. That gets rid of the oomph.
I don't think that the hammer warrants any towncred given the context. It seemed like an elim on NK15 was inevitable by that point.
In post 966, Mundivore wrote: I mean, if we're going strictly by votes, I'd say the best argument to my favor was that I convinced Satisfaction to join the Not Known wagon.
At first I had no idea what you were talking about here, but I eventually found it buried in the posts after NK15 claimed. (p.36) I'll need to think about this part more when I get to it in my proper reread.
In post 967, Mundivore wrote:NK15 claims in response to Egix saying that he's willing to hammer. NK then hard-accuses the worst in response to his asking for him to claim—but the worst is asking for a claim before a hammer, which is... standard? And he didn't have control over the prospective hammer. Egix did. Egix was the person who had the real power to force a claim, but NK accuses the worst instead. Why not the person with the actual power to force a claim?
I can only speculate, but I think that NK15 was hard-set on pushing Satis + TW and simply hadn't had the idea of sussing me for making him claim.
In post 967, Mundivore wrote:Not Known strikes me as very by-the-books low-activity opportunistic scum, not the sort to take gambits. NK15 has pressured you (Red). NK15 has accused both you and me of being scum. If you agree with my character read of NK15 (which tbh isn't very strong, so you don't have to), then that exonerates both of us.
I don't know about the "by the books" part, but I would say that being low-activity and opportunistic fits with my prior experiences with NK15.
Although NK did argue with each of you at separate times, I wouldn't say that he outright accused either of you.
But really this seems to me like you're making a move to try and pocket Reda.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Redados »

In post 970, Egix96 wrote:I don't think that the hammer warrants any towncred given the context. It seemed like an elim on NK15 was inevitable by that point.
Yes, it's towncred on paper because they hammered on scum, but this is the order of operations:
Satisfaction, the worst, and I all vote for NK15, putting them at E-1.
Egix says that he's willing to hammer.
Satisfaction moves his vote but then puts it back on NK15. (This is a thing that Satisfaction did pretty often)

Then, Mundivore pops in and says this:
In post 839, Mundivore wrote:Intent to hammer NK15. I don't intend to let town not get a kill.
In post 840, Mundivore wrote:I would be willing to switch to the worst if people are around, though.
Satisfaction unvotes.
The worst and Mundivore convince Satisfaction to re-vote.

Re-reading those interactions, I also think that the elim on NK15 was inevitable at that point. After Satisfaction's second unvote (where Mundivore says that they talked Satisfaction into re-voting), NK15 had: 2 votes (me and tw) and two people who intended to hammer (Egix + Mundi), and Satisfaction. On paper, we didn't need Satisfaction's vote there between the two votes and the two people intending to hammer. Although the caveat is that with hindsight we know now that one of the people with intent to hammer was scum. So from a town!Mundivore's perspective, you needed Satisfaction's vote in the scenario in which scum!Egix would refuse to hammer. Is that what you mean below, Mundivore?
In post 966, Mundivore wrote:I'd say the best argument to my favor was that I convinced Satisfaction to join the Not Known wagon. There's not much reason for scum to do that, actively convincing a townie onto a scumwagon goes a bit beyond reasonable accumulation of town-cred.
--
In post 966, Mundivore wrote:It's also a bit of a misrepresentation of my position to say that I was reluctant on NK15—I was quite enthusiastic after getting a night of sleep and really thinking about the fakeclaim.
Yes, you were reluctant at first but once you caught up on your sleep, you were more enthusiastic. I'm not sure if that's AI? Town!Mundivore is initially unsure, but once they read the thread, they feel better about the lim. Scum!Mundivore is initially popping into the thread to stop the lim, but once they get a good night's sleep and re-read/read the Mafia PT, they realize that the support for the NK15 lim is inevitable and they might as well hop on the bus.

--

And I'm still feeling this:
In post 968, Redados wrote:I'll dig deeper into Egix ISO tomorrow because it's entirely possible that I'm tunneling/confbiasing here. Gonna take a step back and look at this with fresh eyes.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Redados »

Egix, why didn't you hammer or vote on NK15? You declared intent to hammer and then did not post for the rest of the day.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 972, Redados wrote:Egix, why didn't you hammer or vote on NK15? You declared intent to hammer and then did not post for the rest of the day.
I was waiting for Mundi to come back first, but I had fallen asleep by the time they had posted.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Redados »

Egix's wagons:

Day one:

Egix was on initial
Satisfaction