1k Blank White Cards

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

1k Blank White Cards

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Has anyone heard/played this game?

If you've played it, what are some "strategies" that you came across, and how were they broken, if they even were broken?
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Andycyca »

I've heard of it, played only to kill time.

In my Very Old circle of tabletop friends, we established a meta rule: I forget exactly what it stated, but it was something like you couldn't win with any one card, only through >=3-card combos that aren't obvious (so no Exodia-like combos). Our games ended up more like card-based Nomic, so there was no "broken" strategy. And IMHO that was a bit better.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

I think a rule of "Don't make any cards which would cause someone to be unable to lose/win" is implemented because it's really not fun when someone makes a card that states that "When this is in your hand, play this. [Name of Person] instantly wins the game."
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Andycyca »

Yes. In my experience 1KBWC is an exercise on finding your fun with a specific group of people (which is why it's so rare to play: you need a group focused on having fun first and winning in a long second).

Other things that come to memory were: conditions related to the players (who was the last to use the bathroom, who has an empty cup...), real-life objects (who's closer to the snack bowl) and so on.

I mention this because we once awarded a win based on awesome to a guy that set up his leaving for the night in the form of a series of cards. He invented a series of status effects like the ones I mentioned and a card saying that having
x
of these meant being removed from the game (not a loss, just a removal, which is reversible). He slowly "gathered" all the tells of someone leaving (using the bathroom, empty cup, wearing his jacket...) and then declared himself being removed from the game because his GF was waiting for him at home.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 3, Andycyca wrote:Yes. In my experience 1KBWC is an exercise on finding your fun with a specific group of people (which is why it's so rare to play: you need a group focused on having fun first and winning in a long second).
Yeah, this is one of those games that can be a bad fit if a group has someone(s) who is/are a certain kind of competitive.

Return to “The Arcade”