Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3198, Infinity 324 wrote:Why does scum!dave pick 1-shot watcher? It's such a weak role
Who says he did? Could be the watcher slot is the one not in the game that scum is informed of
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3199, Menalque wrote:I’m not even clear on what the gambit was exactly
He claimed that he went for N3 vig initially, then after everyone had claimed he retracted and said he went for watcher.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

Like scum are going for an endgame play here and the first step to that is trying to get my misguillo so that they have a spare NK tomorrow but still a way to remove me before lylo

So peta “confirming” Dave to try and take them both out of the pool seems likely to me?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3201, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3199, Menalque wrote:I’m not even clear on what the gambit was exactly
He claimed that he went for N3 vig initially, then after everyone had claimed he retracted and said he went for watcher.
Idk, does this add more credibility or less to Dave claiming to be watcher?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Menalque »

If it adds more at first glance, I don’t see why it’s more likely to be true than a gambit? I’m standing by the correct pool being (Dave, peta, lili, BB)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:58 am

In post 3202, Menalque wrote:So peta “confirming” Dave to try and take them both out of the pool seems likely to me?
Sure. But if he was gonna do that, why draw attention to it? I'm sure they had worked out their claims by the time massclaim started, so why not just claim he went for watcher from the start and then when dave claims be like "oh look there's the watcher, I knew it had to be somewhere"?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 pm

In post 3204, Menalque wrote:I don’t see why it’s more likely to be true than a gambit?
It draws attention to peta, and to the connection between peta and dave, but confers no benefit. I can see doing it as town in an attempt to catch someone fakeclaiming, but I can't really see why peta would think it would be helpful to do as scum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'll just say it: dave being alive tomorrow looks suspicious, especially if he has a guilty and it's ELo. Yes scum can WIFOM but it gives us a lot more info if that's the case. I don't want to lim dave today.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Menalque »

If we clear that pool, we win, if you kill me we maybe win anyway but depends what stage we get to

Prob decent odds if you can hit the scum tomorrow (it’s pretty obviously dave) then sort between the tricky slots of (lilith, PP, BB) after that

Or tbf skitt was really confident on lili!scum so maybe do her > Dave? And they might well be scum together anyway

But like 5p lylo is probably very unpleasant

But by the time of 3p at least the person who’s left who’s not 2 of those slots will have a 50% chance if the game isn’t over before thst
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3205, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3202, Menalque wrote:So peta “confirming” Dave to try and take them both out of the pool seems likely to me?
Sure. But if he was gonna do that, why draw attention to it? I'm sure they had worked out their claims by the time massclaim started, so why not just claim he went for watcher from the start and then when dave claims be like "oh look there's the watcher, I knew it had to be somewhere"?
Does “doing a gambit” make peta look more or less town?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3206, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3204, Menalque wrote:I don’t see why it’s more likely to be true than a gambit?
It draws attention to peta, and to the connection between peta and dave, but confers no benefit. I can see doing it as town in an attempt to catch someone fakeclaiming, but I can't really see why peta would think it would be helpful to do as scum.
I think it confers a benefit if scum are going for the easiest win which is tomorrow?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3207, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll just say it: dave being alive tomorrow looks suspicious, especially if he has a guilty and it's ELo. Yes scum can WIFOM but it gives us a lot more info if that's the case. I don't want to lim dave today.
Cool, let’s lim lilith then
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

Talking of which, skitter being dead is another point — why does a scumteam with me on it kill skitter last night?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3207, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll just say it: dave being alive tomorrow looks suspicious, especially if he has a guilty and it's ELo. Yes scum can WIFOM but it gives us a lot more info if that's the case. I don't want to lim dave today.
I mean if Dave is town you’re going to elim him tomorrow anyway

So why not elim him today instead? Because you lose either way if you lim both of us, only if I’m right then we don’t lim me tomorrow (I prob get NK’d) and y’all still have time to clear the PoE and win
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 pm

In post 3210, Menalque wrote:I think it confers a benefit if scum are going for the easiest win which is tomorrow?
We may not be talking about the same thing.

I'm talking about: [peta claiming he went for vig and then correcting to watcher] as compared to [peta claiming he went for watcher].

It looks like you might be talking about [peta claiming he went for vig and then correcting to watcher] as compared to [peta claiming he went for vig]?

I know why he would claim he went for watcher as scum with dave-- to knock dave out of the execution pool. What I don't know is why he wouldn't immediately claim he went for watcher as scum with dave, instead of being cryptic about it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:05 pm

In post 3209, Menalque wrote:Does “doing a gambit” make peta look more or less town?
More; gambits without overt scum motivation are usually towny by default.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 pm

In post 3212, Menalque wrote:Talking of which, skitter being dead is another point — why does a scumteam with me on it kill skitter last night?
Because skitter is a dangerous player.

As I said I think everyone is capable of killing skitter here.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Menalque »

No, I’m aware of what we’re talking about, I was talking about the same thing

My point is, if doing a gambit (“changing the slot he claims he went for”) is something he thinks will make him look townie, he’ll do it as scum? Unless the argument is that scum is just less likely to think of that “gambit” which I think holds more muster but it’s like v weak

But equally, if it’s not peta it’s just lilith/BB/dave
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3216, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3212, Menalque wrote:Talking of which, skitter being dead is another point — why does a scumteam with me on it kill skitter last night?
Because skitter is a dangerous player.

As I said I think everyone is capable of killing skitter here.
Right but— why do I kill her right after spending 3 days pocketing her? And when she’s primed and ready to go on mission “kill lilith” that I can let her lead and then kill her tomorrow night instead?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:09 pm

In post 3217, Menalque wrote:My point is, if doing a gambit (“changing the slot he claims he went for”) is something he thinks will make him look townie, he’ll do it as scum?
Sure, but I don't see why he would think it would make him look towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:09 pm

In post 3217, Menalque wrote:But equally, if it’s not peta it’s just lilith/BB/dave
This team is impossible because none of them can be the redirector.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

I’m not saying “scum!me wouldn’t kill skitter” I’m saying “last night is a really weird and suboptimal night for me to kill her, and I have meta that proves that scum!me considers who townies are meant to go for and will actively leave people alive if I think they’re going to tunnel other people I want dead”
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3220, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3217, Menalque wrote:But equally, if it’s not peta it’s just lilith/BB/dave
This team is impossible because none of them can be the redirector.
Why not?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3211, Menalque wrote:Cool, let’s lim lilith then
I refuse to believe scum did a no-kill gambit n1. Honestly, I think you should be voting me and the fact that you aren't is the only thing giving me pause. I think scum!you probably has a good excuse to vote me at this point, since a frame kill/no kill gambit seems so unlikely. But idk.

UNVOTE:

Who has played with you before that would likely be scared enough to kill you n1?

If it really was a no kill gambit after all I'll be upset.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 3219, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3217, Menalque wrote:My point is, if doing a gambit (“changing the slot he claims he went for”) is something he thinks will make him look townie, he’ll do it as scum?
Sure, but I don't see why he would think it would make him look towny.
Because he knows I’m town and just saw me do a townie gambit with my cop fakeclaim, so he thinks the logic will extend to him

Honestly, the thing for peta being scum with Dave is weaker than I expected but I still think he’s scummy enough to be in the pool

Return to “Completed Open Games”