976: mystyry box of sylvyr I: isis game. day 3

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:18 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1246, Akarin wrote:And I think it's absurd to insist that you were so good there was no reason I should have been able to
make my argument
for being town or for you being scum.
I never said that?

Sure, yes, you had the right to make your argument for being town and for me being scum.

But just as you have that right, I have the right to point out how those arguments, while correct in alignment (because you were town and I was scum), are flawed in reasoning--if you scumcased me by pointing out a list of things that are prototypical town-mastina tells, for instance, then that is an argument that I can, justifiably, discredit as being one not backed by facts.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:21 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1247, Akarin wrote:Like you are not so good that the game was such a forgone conclusion that there was no point in me trying, and that's what it seems like you're saying
I said the game was a foregone conclusion and there was no point in trying, but uhhh...I said it in the opposite context?

I said it was a foregone conclusion that this game was going to be a town win and that there was no point in scum trying once schadd_ confirmed Dunnstral's claim as mod-confirmed to be true beyond any shadow of a doubt. The moment he did that, I felt scum couldn't win because we couldn't argue he lied about his role (it was mod-confirmed), we couldn't argue he lied about his N1 action (it was mod-confirmed), and we couldn't argue that his action failed (it was mod-confirmed).
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Akarin »

I never got to, and you apparently played such a perfect game that there was no point.

That's what I keep getting out of this.

All I actually got time to express in the game was frustration rather than actually taking the time I needed but you'd already dismissed anything I had to say as not based on facts.

I can't do a good job responding to 100,000 words that quickly and actually say anything that would be listened to.

I don't think it's fair to say that Ari should have been townreading you as scum so strongly that my effort would have been irrelevant.

I thought I'd have time to make it, but I didn't, and then it never would have mattered anyway
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 72, mastina wrote:Subject: 976: mystyry box of sylvyr I: isis game. day 3
schadd_ wrote:hi all. following night 1, i should have informed doubtingthomas that they were visited by dunnstral. that PM was not sent. i think it is most appropriate that this become public information. sorry for issues this has caused
I would like to say that I feel like this is very very poorly handled a resolution and you may as well call the game right here and now due to making it--
By publicly, PUBLICLY, confirming that Dunnstral's claimed role is real, by publicly confirming that Dunnstral's role is real, you're basically publicly confirming he is town.

By publicly confirming that he is town, it becomes impossible to eliminate him, in a lylo situation where there's only three town players to eliminate.
By publicly confirming that he is town, it also by proxy gives credence to Akarin, too.

By making this public, there's no real point in the game continuing--Dunnstral is basically mod-confirmed town. His slot is mod-compromised by the public reveal that his claim is true.
Because he is mod-confirmed to be telling the truth, scum literally cannot win here.
In post 73, Gypyx wrote:Yeah, i don't see a world where we win now, i agree
(Posts from the scum PT that'll presumably be released when schadd_ gets around to it.)
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

Could you 2 please calm down? I'm sad to see this endgame just turn into a "did mastina play good" argument :/
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Akarin »

I THINK MASTINA PLAYED WELL

I just feel like shit that I put so much thought into this game and felt like I was doing a good job previously, was townread most of the game, was right on Nic-Dunn and then never got a chance to even
try
to close it out.

And it feels terribly unfair to say that there was no point in considering what I had to say.

I feel like that mod confirmation was unfair to you two as well, but I don't see what Schadd_ could have done differently other than not making the mistake in the first place.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Akarin »

And clearly it wasn't that bad, because you won.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Akarin »

Like there's a huge difference between played well, and played so amazingly perfectly unreadable that there was no chance of Ari/Tris ever listening to me.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Akarin »

But maybe it was that after all and I'm just...

I don't know

I'll shut up
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1252, Akarin wrote:I never got to, and you apparently played such a perfect game that there was no point.
I didn't play a perfect scumgame--there was at least one notable aspect of my towngame lacking from this one. (Notably: I never made proper readslists. Nobody noticed that, but that's an actual legit town/scumtell of mine. Proper readslists as town; a lack thereof as scum.) Lacking at least one fundamental aspect of my towngame innately means that this game had flaws that I knew about. (Plus, due to my insistence on not bussing, Gypyx-mastina was a scumteam that there was strong associatives for. If one of us went down, it was assured the other would as well, and that is also a potentially exploitable mistake of sorts.)

Beyond that...We managed to kill literally the only VTs in the game all three nights in spite of knowing there was a Novice Cop in the game. (TGP was killed because we, mistakenly, thought THEY were the cop, rather than you.)

Those were misplays and mistakes.

I did however play a good scumgame--the majority of the arguments you were presenting as evidence of me being scum are, in fact, things that my towngame is infamous for. That I displayed these typical traits of my towngame when scum is something I feel I rightly can be proud of.
In post 1252, Akarin wrote:you'd already dismissed anything I had to say as not based on facts.
I mean.
I feel like what I said this game was based on the facts publicly available.
I feel like your arguments did indeed lack them, presenting incorrect information and dismissing the valid facts.

That said: it is fair that you should've been provided the chance to present your case properly, and maybe to give actually-valid facts (tho I can tell you that it certainly seemed like you weren't giving valid facts).

But blaming Ari for not thinking, when he did clearly think, is wrong.

You can place fault in him for voting so soon when there was so much time left in the day, where if given time to present arguments he may have been swayed otherwise, but saying he didn't think about his vote is unfair to him because to him, I imagine, he thought that he was confident enough to make a choice. That's not a thoughtless action. Maybe a careless action, but one which was perfectly reasonable to have had--I've made early votes in lylo as town on town that cost my team the game, carelessly, but not thoughtlessly.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Aristophanes »

:(
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I was going to say we should wait for the official end because that's how I do but it looks like everyone else is already not doing that so...
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Anyway, I'm sorry Akarin.

Don't blame Tris, I take full responsibility.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Fuck man, I'm on a streak of bad calls in Lylo atm. Wonderful.
- Jingle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1255, Akarin wrote:And it feels terribly unfair to say that there was no point in considering what I had to say.
Well since I wasn't actually saying that (since I agree that you had the right to be heard), there, we have common ground now. :P
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

Mfw akarin flips Novice Investigatoire Vengeful and you (ari) are a JOAT (Alien ; Vigilante)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Should I read the pages since hammer or is it just Akarin being mad at me and mastina egostroking?
- Jingle
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Akarin »

I hadn't presented a case, I'd presented frustration.

I'd had like 3% of the time I needed for this game and I'm still IRL dealing with getting back into things after Thanksgiving.

I
hate
being treated like I couldn't have possibly had any valid reason for scumreading you just because I hadn't been able to put it into compelling words yet.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1265, Gypyx wrote:Mfw akarin flips Novice Investigatoire Vengeful and you (ari) are a JOAT (Alien ; Vigilante)
Lmao :wink:
- Jingle
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1266, Aristophanes wrote:Should I read the pages since hammer or is it just Akarin being mad at me and mastina egostroking?
Basically yes

bottom text
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1265, Gypyx wrote:Mfw akarin flips Novice Investigatoire Vengeful and you (ari) are a JOAT (Alien ; Vigilante)
Don't worry, I'm not vengeful
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Gypyx »

Yeah i know don't worry, we got as an info there was a novice investigatoire

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:49 am

Post by mastina »

I hereby give you official right to mislynch me in every game we have together for the next...oh, hmm, let's say five years. :P

Any game where I forget that I have given you this privilege, just quote this post and I'll sheepishly go, "oh...right :oops: " and eat the death that I deserve. :P

Sorry, Ari. <3
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1272, mastina wrote:
I hereby give you official right to mislynch me in every game we have together for the next...oh, hmm, let's say five years. :P

Any game where I forget that I have given you this privilege, just quote this post and I'll sheepishly go, "oh...right :oops: " and eat the death that I deserve. :P

Sorry, Ari. <3
Haha I appreciate the sentiment my friend <3

Not that I expect you to go down without a fight, even if I were to cash this in ;)

And hot damn, 5 years??
I'm bookmarking the shit out of this post!
- Jingle
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:55 am

Post by schadd_ »

;