Micro 978 | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Micro 978 | Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Hello, everyone.

Welcome to Micro 978. I am your host, Sirius9121.

The game is in
Endgame

Moderated by Sirius9121, backed up by Pookythemagicalbear

PlayersThe Bulge
Isis
shellyc
TheGoldenParadox

A · next to their name means they have not confirmed. An asterisk means they have received a prod.

Spoiler: Votecounter Settings
Living PlayersThe Bulge
Isis
shellyc
TheGoldenParadox

Dead Players

Links

Deadline2020-11-30 14:54:00 +8.00
Last edited by Sirius9121 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Rules

Definitely not stolen from Plotinus.

important bit
  • Day: 7 days, Night: 48 hours.
  • Majority eliminations
  • 36 hours before prod, 24 hours before replacement, 24 hour weekends
  • Bah posts allowed (limit: 1, free of game related content)
  • I have some unusual rules about tiny text, and prodging. Scroll down for details.
  • Don’t be a dick

1. Follow all site rules.

2. Mod colour
    – My mod colour is
    #800080 or Purple
    ; don't use it.
  3. Behaviour
    - Don’t be a dick. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop. If you still do not stop, you will be force-replaced. Asking people to stop voting you or to stop scumhunting you entirely doesn't count for this rule and you may find yourself eliminated if you try it.
  4. Don't talk about ongoing games
    - You may not talk to each other about this game outside of threads I have created for this purpose. You may not talk about other ongoing games in this thread.
  5. Tiny text
    - is also of the devil, keep it 70+ please.
  6. Provable randomness
    - is against the rules. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tags or random.org is not.
  7. Claiming scum
    - by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with another player is against the rules.
  8. Cryptography
    - is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
  9. Confirmation
    - You have about 72 hours to confirm your role and your alignment by PM. Game will start sooner if everyone confirms. Posting in a private topic counts as confirmation.
  10. Days
    - Days last 7 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements or sudden events such as modkills.
  11. Activity
    - You must post at least once every 36 hours or I will Prod you. You then have 24 hours to post in the game thread or I will replace you. If you come back before I find a replacement, you can stay. The activity timers run at half-speed on weekends. Players can request me to prod somebody early. This will only count as an official prod if you don't post before you would have been due for a prod. If you haven't posted in the 24 hours before the thread is locked for night, you must reply to the night start PM or you will be replaced during the night.
  12. Vacation/Limited Access
    If you need to be absent for longer than this, you should declare
    V/LA
    in bold in the thread like this: [
    b]
    @Mod: I will be v/la until Thursday
    [
    /b]. While you are V/LA, you will be nudged once every 54 hours. Two nudges equals one prod. If you have not posted game advancing content in 5 days, regardless of V/LA status, you will be replaced.
  13. Prodging
    - A naked "prod dodge" does not reset the prod timer. To avoid being prodded/replaced for inactivity, include some game advancing content in your prodges, such as "got prodded; xxxx is still scum."
  14. Quoting
    - You may not quote (or copy paste) any private information into the thread, including your role PM and any mod communication.
  15. Voting
    - Votes must be in bold in the format VOTE: Sirius9121 or
    Vote: Sirius9121
    . Strong preference for using vote tags instead of bold tags. Unvotes are nice but not required. If I think it’s a vote, it’s a vote, no tricks. Type [
    v]Sirius9121[
    /v] to vote and [
    uv]Sirius9121[
    /uv] to unvote.
  16. Elimination
    - Days end early when a simple majority of players (50% of living players + 1 rounded down) vote to eliminate somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no elimination, the day will end without an elimination. At evens, 50% is sufficient for no elimination.
  17. Twilight
    - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I lock the thread. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in any game threads you have access to until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.
  18. Night
    - Night lasts at least 48 hours. The night phase can be shortened if every living player -- even those with no night actions -- agrees to it and if I'm not busy.
  19. Action submissions
    - You may submit actions via PM (if town) or PT (if scum). If the actions are not submitted by the deadline then you do nothing. You can change your mind as many times as you like before the deadline.
  20. Notes PT
    - Let me know if you want a private thread to store your thoughts and feedback for the other players. This thread will be made public immediately after the game. You may draft posts in your notes PT but you may not talk about your notes PT in public. You definitely may not use the notes PT to demonstrate that you've had a town mindset in private all along; just put your town mindset in public to begin with and keep your notes to yourself.
  21. Play to win
    - this particular game, not some future one, and keep it fun!
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Setup InformationDaystart, Nightless
If a townie is eliminated day 1, they do not get eliminated and are instead given a one-shot compulsive dayvig.
If a mafia member is eliminated day 1, they have to confirm one of the town players as town.
If there is one scum and one town left, it is a scum victory.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Vanilla TownieWelcome, [Player Name], you are a Vanilla Townie.

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
If you are eliminated day 1, you are not eliminated and instead given a one-shot compulsive dayvig.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Mafia GoonWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner, [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication: At any time during the game you may talk with your partner here.
If you are eliminated day 1, you must confirm one of the town players as town.

You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

All role PMs have been sent out (in the order of the signup list so timestamps mean nothing)! We will start in (expired on 2020-11-06 15:00:00) or when [3/4] people have confirmed, whichever happens sooner.

The above clock and any others used throughout this game will be accurate from the time you loaded the page.

Confirmations: 4

With 4 confirmations, the game starts.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

what a player list ! !

I am excited Sirirus :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by Isis »

This playerlist is really good that's why I sniped it.

Actually it's all players I am sort of familiar with and have vague positive impressions of but have zero completed games with, which is a certain kind of exciting.

Bond with me in the dance of mafia.

Starting with VOTE: The Bulge
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Singapore Botanic Gardens

Spoiler:
The Singapore Botanic Gardens is a 161-year-old tropical garden located at the fringe of Singapore's Orchard Road shopping district. It is one of three gardens, and the only tropical garden, to be honoured as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Botanic Gardens has been ranked Asia's top park attraction since 2013, by TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. It was declared the inaugural Garden of the Year, International Garden Tourism Awards in 2012, and received Michelin's three-star rating in 2008.

The Botanic Gardens was founded at its present site in 1859 by an agri-horticultural society. It played a pivotal role in the region's rubber trade boom in the early twentieth century, when its first scientific director Henry Nicholas Ridley, headed research into the plant's cultivation. By perfecting the technique of rubber extraction, still in use today, and promoting its economic value to planters in the region, rubber output expanded rapidly. At its height in the 1920s, the Malayan peninsula cornered half of the global latex production.

The National Orchid Garden, within the main gardens, is at the forefront of orchid studies and a pioneer in the cultivation of hybrids, complementing the nation's status as a major exporter of cut orchids. Aided by the equatorial climate, it houses the largest orchid collection of 1,200 species and 2,000 hybrids.

Early in the nation's independence, Singapore Botanic Gardens' expertise helped to transform the island into a tropical Garden City, an image and moniker for which the nation is widely known. In 1981, the hybrid climbing orchid, Vanda Miss Joaquim, was chosen as the nation's national flower. Singapore's "orchid diplomacy" honours visiting head of states, dignitaries and celebrities, by naming its finest hybrids after them; these are displayed at its popular VIP Orchid Gardens.

The Singapore's Botanic Gardens is opened from 5 a.m. to 12 midnight daily. There is no admission fee, except for the National Orchid Garden. More than 10,000 species of flora are spread over its 82-hectares area, which is stretched vertically; the longest distance between the northern and southern ends is 2.5 km (1.6 mi). The Botanic Gardens receives about 4.5 million visitors annually.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by shellyc »

VOTE: Isis

elim all listmods
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 2, Sirius9121 wrote:If a townie is eliminated day 1, they do not get eliminated and are instead given a one-shot compulsive dayvig.
If a mafia member is eliminated day 1, they have to confirm one of the town players as town.
If there is one scum and one town left, it is a scum victory.
so uh. elimming town here seems the optimal strategy but I totally suck at mech
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Isis »

I've never actually looked at WNAF in terms of "do I want to eliminate scum"
I'm fascinated. I've played the setup before, but just assumed it rewarded hitting scum, but with small weird setups it could be worth a look.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by Isis »

I read the setup a couple times and see how you might get there: "limming town means you confirm a town as town AND gain a 1 shot PR?" but I actually think you're miscounting and you always want to lim scum day 1.

Count it this way:

No matter what happens, 1 townie will be confirmed town

and a player will get dayvigged, but in the cased of a townie getting limmed, this will be an imperfect aim-best-you-can type dayvig, while in the case of a scum getting eliminated, we are going to point at the scum that just got eliminated and say "oh, that's what the dayvig was!"

as I write this out now, though

it occurs to me that only eliminating town can townconfirm someone who is super scummy, making it a higher value clear. But you can't like, intentionally eliminate someone who is "town, but super scummy?" So it definitely still stays at, you should eliminate scummy people, but it should be unsurprising if eliminating town Day 1 isn't a strong indicator for a low town winrate.

There might be some sort of argument for a certain set of associatives meaning it is correct to eliminate the second scummiest person because their associatives are different, in this setup, I think. Like I think it's at least that nuanced?
"Well, I..."
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:13 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

hm so you should eliminate the player who consensus has highest probability to be scum (as usual) - the difference is that in this setup if they're town they turn around and get a vig shot that should be somewhat better than a 2/3 chance of hitting correctly

it seems quite difficult to eliminate scum d1 in any case because you need their partner's vote to be on them, creating the other problem that it seems really hard to effectively read players outside of associatives, and even those can be faked well during the course of a gameday
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:18 am

HURT: isis because i don't want to allow the bulge the possibility to quickhammer and end the day with little information

i like this lim. isis is a strong player and i think it's helpful to confirm her as town or eliminate her if she's scum.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:58 am

Post by The Bulge »

we can lose Day 1 if we miselim. we can't lose Day 1 if we hang scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:00 am

it seems like it's in our interest to get as much info and associatives out of the day as possible
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:23 am

Official Vote Count

Isis
(2): shellyc, The Bulge
The Bulge
(1): Isis

Not Voting
(1): TheGoldenParadox

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:34 am

Chicago Botanic Gardens

Spoiler:
The Chicago Botanic Garden opened more than 45 years ago as a beautiful place to visit, and it has matured into one of the world's great living museums and conservation science centers. Every year, more than one million people visit the Garden's 27 gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on 385 acres on and around nine islands, with six miles of lake shoreline. The Garden also has a renowned Bonsai Collection.

The Chicago Botanic Garden has more than 50,000 members—one of the largest memberships of any U.S. botanic garden. People of all ages, interests, and abilities participate in programs, take classes, and stroll the grounds year-round. Within the nine laboratories of the Garden's Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Plant Conservation Science Center, scientists and graduate students conduct a wide array of plant research. The Garden is one of only 17 public gardens accredited by the American Association of Museums. Its Lenhardt Library contains 150,000 volumes—including one of the nation's best collections of rare botanical books.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 14, TheGoldenParadox wrote:it seems like it's in our interest to get as much info and associatives out of the day as possible
unlike most games where it's beneficial to rush through the day phase as fast as possible
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Isis »

Touche
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Isis »

GP, what is your basis for arguing I'm a strong player rather than a prolific one? You didn't contradict my opening to this game so I see a gap there. Are you an alt?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 13, The Bulge wrote:we can lose Day 1 if we miselim. we can't lose Day 1 if we hang scum.
You know that doesn't necessarily transfer to overall win chances, right?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Isis »

This game didn't start with enough memes and it's partly my fault
"Well, I..."
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:47 pm

In post 19, Isis wrote:GP, what is your basis for arguing I'm a strong player rather than a prolific one? You didn't contradict my opening to this game so I see a gap there. Are you an alt?
I am not an alt! I don't have an exceptionally strong basis for your strength of play other than the fact that I've seen you often on MD where - if i remember correctly - you make consistently high-quality and levelheaded points. plus, you're a listmod, so maybe i'm a bit biased :P I think your opening is great if slightly wishy-washy, and i do want to have a conversation about mechanics with you; i'm inclined to agree that limming scum (or at least the scummiest player)d1 is the better option.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Isis »

I don't think Listmods as a group are the strongest players onsite, nor should they be. I don't think making good MD posts is correlated that well with mafia skill either. It might be correlated with being a Listmod.

Please don't pocket me with grammatically correct usages of semicolons; it will work even as I recognize it happening.

I'm not sure we should actually keep talking about mechanics rather than move forward once everyone agrees we should try to vote scum. It's usually regarded as an agreed-upon truth that mechanics posts are easier contexts for scum to mimic townplay, so it's best to move off them and start bullying eachother as quickly as possible.

I've kind of looked at everyone's mechtakes and thought of an angle for them to read like scumspew or townspew, so this game doesn't feel like an exception for me.
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:04 pm

bump
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”