he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Equinox »

Trust Count 2.10Gloria Cleary (1) - Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel (1) - shellyc

Not Trusting (6) - Fidget, Gloria Cleary, Jake The Wolfie, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rainbow Reads, Akarin

The deadline is Thursday, December 17, 2020, at 8:00 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2020-12-17 20:00:00).
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Akarin »

Gloria, you're right that no one can or should force you out of the game.

But Sneasel is just pushing for what he thinks is the optimal play based on personalities and I actually agree that it is. I'm just being apathetic.

I'm sure you realize, but you have a big personality and the idea is to change the social dynamic of the game because you're not around. That's not crazy.

Yes, he pushed it strong, but I don't think he meant it as a personal attack on you.

I trust Gloria
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1198, Akarin wrote:Sneasel isn't being irrational and I don't think he meant that to be mean to you, Gloria. He's saying that's what Rainbow said.

Like I actually agree with what Sneasel is saying, the only reason I don't care is I feel like it's a 1% chance of improving things and I literally care more about typing a post about riding off into the sunset than I do about this. Which is stupid of me but that's where my brain is right now.

The problem is that RR and Jake (and Pooky) have so little to go on it feels like RVS all over again, but a 3p RR/Jake/Pooky RVS isn't really something I expect to be better than random anyway.

It's really a LYLO situation with a bunch of spare ICs around and I do like us all being around, but
maybe
RR would play the game more once you left with someone, Gloria. I assume Sneasel wants it to be me and Fidget because of who he thinks will personality clash with Rainbow and who will try to draw them into the game. I just kind of feel like, emotionally, on Rainbow's part as well as the rest of us, that ship sailed like 4 real life days ago. My objection is just that I don't think it will matter, but I do think it's like objectively the right play.
I disagree, what he said to me was entirely uncalled for and nasty. I don’t see how it’s the right play because as I have already said, I don’t believe RR will become more readable but Pooky and Jake likely will, so why shouldn’t our focus be on the players who have already demonstrated their willingness to be readable over a player who has shown no interest in doing so? I backed off and did not engage them to test Sneasel’s theory and it made absolutely no difference anyway but now that Shelley has mindmelded with me on Pooky town which you might not realize is huge, I think it’s more a matter of who pairs with whom first and the order of their respective exits. I still of course want to hear more from Jake but I feel pretty confident we can win with pairing Pooky. However, we will have plenty of time to see what both he and Jake does in the next phase and of course, you, me and Fidget should hopefully all be in sync on that.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

[quote="In post 1193, Necessary Sneasel[/url]they have said clearly that they can't bear this game because of your presence[/quote]

I’m very sorry Akarin but I don’t think I’m comfortable spending time in the dead thread with someone who thinks it’s acceptable to speak to me like that. :(
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1201, Akarin wrote:Gloria, you're right that no one can or should force you out of the game.

But Sneasel is just pushing for what he thinks is the optimal play based on personalities and I actually agree that it is. I'm just being apathetic.

I'm sure you realize, but you have a big personality and the idea is to change the social dynamic of the game because you're not around. That's not crazy.

Yes, he pushed it strong, but I don't think he meant it as a personal attack on you.

I trust Gloria
I have also stated very clearly I’m not ready to exit the game rn, so I really don’t understand why you’re offering me a trust on D2?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Akarin »

I can yell at them in the dead thread with you instead. That solves the conflict with Sneasel and gives Rainbow that chance.

Like I get where this comes from, imagine if the game was 1 IC and these three in a normal vote-scum-or-lose situation. That would be hell.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1202, Gloria Cleary wrote:so why shouldn’t our focus be on the players who have already demonstrated their willingness to be readable over a player who has shown no interest in doing so?
Because any additional content from RR gives Pooky and Jake more to be readable
off of
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1143, Gloria Cleary wrote:
I don’t want to leave the game yet, so I don’t want to trust anyone rn.
@Akarin, do you miss this post?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Akarin »

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to leave, but the idea has merit I think.

And if the issue was you didn't want to leave
with Sneasel or Shelly
I thought I should offer instead.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Akarin »

Sorry
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1208, Akarin wrote:Anyway, I'm not saying you have to leave, but the idea has merit I think.

with Sneasel or Shelly
I’m extremely happy with Sneasel leaving with anyone who isn’t RR. Shelley is a sweetheart.

Yes, I definitely don’t want to leave with Sneasel. No the idea doesn’t have merit because I have already backed off of RR and not engaged with them but it really doesn’t matter because it’s a lot more productive to engage with Pooky and Jake anyway.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1208, Akarin wrote:Anyway, I'm not saying you have to leave, but the idea has merit I think.

with Sneasel or Shelly
In post 1209, Akarin wrote:Sorry
It’s okay. <3 I’m sorry, I’m very upset rn at Sneasel and I didn’t mean to take that out on you. :cry:
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1167, shellyc wrote:why me/gloria in particular

i think gloria should stay
And I’m clearly not the only one who disagrees with Sneasel.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:28 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1196, Akarin wrote:He has not directed a bad movie but Weathering is my favorite! (Although I don't like that as the English title.)
I will have to check that out. Thank you :)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Necessary Sneasel »

In post 1194, Akarin wrote:
In post 1164, Necessary Sneasel wrote:actually in general, other than Gloria, does anyone else see what I'm getting at by suggesting Gloria/shelly need to go together?
I understand why you're saying it, I just disagree that it matters I guess.
alright if you're all satisfied I'm along for the ride
In post 1195, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1193, Necessary Sneasel wrote:that's pretty misleading. your being in the game only doesn't effect it if we all proceed with the assumption that RR is absolutely scum.
they have said clearly that they can't bear this game because of your presence
and I think that shines through more than their alignment does.

that's the last I'll say on this to you because I really don't think you're following what I want to talk to you about. I need more minds on this. if akarin & fidget are also in favor of keeping you in the game and praying RR is scum, my ability to follow through on this concern is very restricted.
Okay, you’re actually being mean now. I won’t engage with you if you continue to do that. :/
that's nearly a direct quote? - I don't intend to be mean here, just honest.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:33 am

Gloria, I don't think Sneasel is trying to insult you. He is just relaying RR's wishes because he wants to force a game state change that he thinks will be better.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:35 am

In post 1198, Akarin wrote:It's really a LYLO situation with a bunch of spare ICs around and I do like us all being around, but maybe RR would play the game more once you left with someone, Gloria. I assume Sneasel wants it to be me and Fidget because of who he thinks will personality clash with Rainbow and who will try to draw them into the game. I just kind of feel like, emotionally, on Rainbow's part as well as the rest of us, that ship sailed like 4 real life days ago. My objection is just that I don't think it will matter, but I do think it's like objectively the right play.
yeah this is exactly it, if you're seeing inside my brain and aren't all that bothered than it's probably just me overthinking shit which I'm known to do

I'm also floating shelly because I think others have a greater ability to reevaluate their own reads without necessarily flipping them, Shelly's powers do seem weighted towards scumplay (she is better at getting elims through than having strong read progressions & re-evaluations).

Now I've been mean to shelly aw mannn
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:37 am

removing people really doesn't make a difference- it's just having fewer town voices here.

the decision has to be made regardless.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:40 am

In post 1199, Gloria Cleary wrote:I also don’t think it’s acceptable that he thinks he has any kind of right to try to force me out of the game. I already compromised, did not engage directly with RR and backed off of them. It’s completely unreasonable to even suggest, let alone demand - and extremely disrespectfully and cruelly to boot - that I be forced to exit the game. He has absolutely no right to do that.
In post 1135, Rainbow Reads wrote:Gloria Clearly makes this game unbearable, yes.

I'm a clown, not a bully. Don't look for offense where none is intended.

Your attempt to engage RR failed. That was either because they can't play with you, or because they're scum who are relying on the false narrative that they can't play with you.

This failure isn't a fault on either of your parts exactly? Sometimes people just don't like each other? Like it would clearly be easier to talk to RR if they weren't stuck in a game with a player they can't stand engaging with. That's not me talking, that's human emotions talking. I can't fix the fact RR made this post. I can only advocate for a gamestate where we can try to better read RR.
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:43 am

In post 1202, Gloria Cleary wrote:I disagree, what he said to me was entirely uncalled for and nasty. I don’t see how it’s the right play because as I have already said, I don’t believe RR will become more readable but Pooky and Jake likely will, so why shouldn’t our focus be on the players who have already demonstrated their willingness to be readable over a player who has shown no interest in doing so? I backed off and did not engage them to test Sneasel’s theory and it made absolutely no difference anyway but now that Shelley has mindmelded with me on Pooky town which you might not realize is huge, I think it’s more a matter of who pairs with whom first and the order of their respective exits. I still of course want to hear more from Jake but I feel pretty confident we can win with pairing Pooky. However, we will have plenty of time to see what both he and Jake does in the next phase and of course, you, me and Fidget should hopefully all be in sync on that.
Jake still isn't posting
Pooky is still posting the same cute drivel as all game except people are starting to townread him via some Poe issue because Jake and RR are refusing to post

Neither of those players are becoming more readable. How do they become more readable? If we approach the POE in good faith and give RR a chance. That adds pressure to scum in Jake/Pooky's need to survive.
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 am

In post 1215, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Gloria, I don't think Sneasel is trying to insult you. He is just relaying RR's wishes because he wants to force a game state change that he thinks will be better.
In post 1217, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:removing people really doesn't make a difference- it's just having fewer town voices here.

the decision has to be made regardless.
This still looks exactly like how scum Pooky needs to be playing this gamestate

I'm sorry but whaaaat
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:46 am

sigh
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 am

sneasel if she thinks you are insulting her, she will never leave

im trying to help you by getting her to understand you are not trying to sideline her as an insult to her ability at playing this game.

also instead of gloria leaving she can also just promise not to engage with RR so RR can post stuff.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:51 am

I feel like 1217 intentionally ignores the entire strategy behind why I'm suggesting what I'm suggesting in a way that plays perfectly into the gamestate shifting towards people trusting you.

I legit don't think anything you've posted is towny
Rainbow Reads
Rainbow Reads
Goon
Rainbow Reads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Rainbow Reads »

In post 1219, Necessary Sneasel wrote:Neither of those players are becoming more readable. How do they become more readable? If we approach the POE in good faith and give RR a chance. That adds pressure to scum in Jake/Pooky's need to survive.
N
o
o
n
e
i
s
g
o
i
n
g