Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1040, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not pushing for mass claim anymore because most people didn't want to do it
That's not what I asked though. You can't just scurry away from an answer and then say "well, doesn't really matter anymore" - you still pushed for it without giving a lot of reasoning and then when I went into my own line of logic, I couldn't figure out a single towny take-away. Now that I did that, your response was almost 'meta-ish'.
In post 1045, Gamma Emerald wrote:And you’re okay shooting Dunn but not limming him? WHY???
I usually misread Ico. I don't really remember that with Dunn especially based off of the current line of logic I'm pursuing.
In post 1057, Akarin wrote:@Hiraki: I actually posted on the benefit to claiming earlier.

I
don't
actually think we should have claimed at that point, but I don't think it's anywhere near as crazy or scumsided as you're implying it was. I think there was a perfectly valid argument to be made for it.

And yeah, I think you're either missing something on the mech front, or just having a kneejerk mech-is-bad reaction.

If that's your main reason for scumreading Dunn I think your read is bad.
What is the argument? You can't tell me I'm missing something and expect me to just pass off whatever I'm missing. No one works that way.
In post 1072, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Hiraki and Bell took a lot of work to get on the wagon
For JF or Dunn?

@Mod: Can we have an extension for Maxwell? He joined with less than 24 hours left today.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1074, DrippingGoofball wrote:Vote for Iconeum with me!
no
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1075, Hiraki wrote:For JF or Dunn?
For Dunn. You just kinda went "eh I can do this" for Johnny
btw why'd you bring up you misreading Ico a lot?
also I agree we should get an extension
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1077, Gamma Emerald wrote:btw why'd you bring up you misreading Ico a lot?
Because I agree with your rationale against Ico but I feel that Ico has a tendency to do that as either slot. I guess putting it a little better is that I am apprehensive to use 'normal' tells for Ico. I'm not saying anything about Ico - it's just using past experiences to guide me. I've been burnt before, etc. etc.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

yeah my read rate on Ico isn't great currently either
though I wasn't exactly calling that scummy, I was just poking his thought process
<Embrace The Void>

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Deadline is extended by 24 hours.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1041, FakeGod wrote:
JacksonVirgo has asked for replacement

Maxwell replaces into the slot.
Cursed slot

Constantly replaces out

That's + points for being scum

Fire being like yeah get Dunn is scum indicative
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTE: maxwell

Ok yeah

If I can venture a guess, the scum team isn't getting along.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1075, Hiraki wrote:
In post 1040, Dunnstral wrote:I'm not pushing for mass claim anymore because most people didn't want to do it
That's not what I asked though. You can't just scurry away from an answer and then say "well, doesn't really matter anymore" - you still pushed for it without giving a lot of reasoning and then when I went into my own line of logic, I couldn't figure out a single towny take-away. Now that I did that, your response was almost 'meta-ish'.
In post 1045, Gamma Emerald wrote:And you’re okay shooting Dunn but not limming him? WHY???
I usually misread Ico. I don't really remember that with Dunn especially based off of the current line of logic I'm pursuing.
In post 1057, Akarin wrote:@Hiraki: I actually posted on the benefit to claiming earlier.

I
don't
actually think we should have claimed at that point, but I don't think it's anywhere near as crazy or scumsided as you're implying it was. I think there was a perfectly valid argument to be made for it.

And yeah, I think you're either missing something on the mech front, or just having a kneejerk mech-is-bad reaction.

What is the argument? You can't tell me I'm missing something and expect me to just pass off whatever I'm missing. No one works that way.
In post 1072, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like Hiraki and Bell took a lot of work to get on the wagon
For JF or Dunn?

@Mod: Can we have an extension for Maxwell? He joined with less than 24 hours left today.
I went for mass claim because I believe it is a good play. You disagreed, and some town disagreed. I think they're wrong but didn't push it further
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Let's do this.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:47 pm

I mean let's yeet maxwell.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Anyone who us against this is scum.

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 1075, Hiraki wrote:@Mod: Can we have an extension for Maxwell? He joined with less than 24 hours left today.
I've powered through longer games in 24 hours.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I mean let's yeet maxwell.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Anyone who us against this is scum.
Why the hell are you trying to turbo a wagon on me? Are you scum again?

If I were scum, I'd be autohammering Dunnstral, vig shots be damned. Can't speak for the other players in my slot, but JV has a history of flaking from games, I believe, I would advise against reading into that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Really? You'd instantly hammer me when under minimal pressure as scum?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1081, Dunnstral wrote:Fire being like yeah get Dunn is scum indicative
how so? i don't townread u.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1082, DrippingGoofball wrote:VOTE: maxwell

Ok yeah

If I can venture a guess, the scum team isn't getting along.
why u got that feels
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1083, Dunnstral wrote:I went for mass claim because I believe it is a good play.
this doesn't sound like u at all.
Show

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 1088, Dunnstral wrote:Really? You'd instantly hammer me when under minimal pressure as scum?
Probably, last two times I replaced into a scum slot I did a shit job and couldn't dig it out of a hole, no reason to believe I'd do better here. Might as well take the free elim while it's ripe, only 3 town guns left. But I'm town and actually trying to catch up.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by maxwell »

First 10 pages:

/ Early reads from Bell feel a little too premature, I know it's RVS and everything is nonsense but it feels like tossing these things out early is an atempt to get townread for early sorting rather than anything genuine.
/// Reaction to being voted on page 2 is also pretty poor. Feels an entirely disproportionate response.

Didn't care for Iconeum "scumreading RQS" from mr sandman when they expressed it's part of their style but 64's suspicion of Bell matched my own thoughts at that point in time.

Don't much see why Tanner says giving a read then walking it back 14 minutes later is more likely to be genuine.

Like from Mr Sandman, didn't feel Bell's early confidence matched the self-deprecation.

On a gut level like the energy from DGB's .

Bell's accusation of Dunnstral in for unvoting is particularly nonsensical, don't see why unvoting there makes him scum at all and Dunn's explanation is reasonable. Have no idea why Bell is garnering townreads.

Tanner says he has less reads than he usually does in , but dodges actually naming any specific ones. Don't like this.

The sarcastic edge is DGB's looks town to me or at least doesn't remind me of her as scum.

Akarin asking Uncrowned how POE factors into his reads in on page 6 doesn't make sense or feel like a natural though process. Would anyone believe in working off POE from such an early point in the game? Why ask that?

also looks like busywork, don't see any reason to be drawing a connection between ABR and DGB other than his comment on their join dates, ABR gives a one word answer and Akarin never follows up.

On the other hand, I find where Tanner openly admits he feels uninspired townish because he was facing no pressure at that point in time.

Don't like Akarin's - is stretchy reasoning scummy coming from a new player? I feel as though a newbie is more likely to try to force arguments.

I'm biased by hindsight but don't care for DGB voting Rosé for roleplaying in .

// from Mr Sandman give strong newbtown vibes.

Why was Akarin going out of her way to defend Rosé? It's not like she couldn't have done it herself.

Like the way Hiraki is interrogating Akarin on page 9.

Gamma Emerald's entrance toward the bottom of page 10 is fine.

Dunn is toward the filler side, looking back on him since nothing stuck out to me, and maybe slightly scummy but I'm wary from having misread him in the past.

Town reads:
Mr Sandman, Hiraki, Tanner, DrippingGoofball

Null:
Gamma Emerald, Iconeum, JohnnyFarrar

Scum reads:
Bell, Akarin, Dunnstral
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

if maxwell gains traction I'll vote it but I don't feel like no lim would be as informative as a lim in this scenario, so the motion needs to be there. I agree the multiple replacements is problematic though.
<Embrace The Void>

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:45 pm

I'm not going for info lims, I'm going for scum lims.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

what if dgb knows all:
VOTE: Iconeum
Show

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 322, DrippingGoofball wrote:I have a cute scum hunting idea for this game but I want to wait for more pages.

Keep talking!
Did anything ever come of this? because I townleaned this post when I read it but have seen no evidence of a followup.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: maxwell
Fine.
<Embrace The Void>

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1083, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1075, Hiraki wrote:

I
don't

For JF or Dunn?

I went for mass claim because I believe it is a good play. You disagreed, and some town disagreed. I think they're wrong but didn't push it further
Again, not my point. I called it a fundamentally scummy approach and you have yet to justify the town merits. I don't see town making this proposition without discussion, regardless of your play style.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”