Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8500 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

Pulling major posts that stood out (re: LLD's assertations) on first glance from the day three ISO one way or the other here for easy collective viewing.

Spoiler: Setup Spec is Bad
In post 6359, petapan wrote:UNVOTE: LLD

lol forward timeline is prob screwed

not sure i have an unvote i want other than this

glad gamma died because thinking rolestopper/bg was an extremely unlikely pair was going to dominate my thinking but i guess now we can stop doin bad setup spec arguments
In post 6364, petapan wrote:
In post 5232, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6353, SirCakez wrote:
Pisskop was eliminated day 6!

He was a
Forwards Tenet Operative/Inverted Rolestopper!

Night 5 will end shortly.
This is a protective role, as is Gamma who also flipped. I don't believe Bell's claim.
i wouldn't jump to conclusions - both those roles only functioned in the inverted timestream. at least don't kill him off setup spec
In post 6398, petapan wrote:personally i think setting her loose on annie would be funny, and at this point i'm just playing for entertainment
In post 6433, petapan wrote:
In post 5331, Bell wrote:I'm still going to iso people including Annie,

did Pissko claim before they were killed?
no but ftr i would have done it anyway because lol setup spec
In post 6446, petapan wrote:you're not gonna get me killed on bad setup spec
In post 6464, petapan wrote:pisskop didn't start on this side

but even my idiot brain understands typical setup design is going to avoid having multiple protectives that could potentially loop with each other to become unkillable

that's basic stuff so clearly it doesn't apply here

but clearly this is out the window

and i think it's because a significant chunk of town power is gated in a timestream where it doesn't work and might not get turnstiled, might get turnstiled late, or might just die upon getting turnstiled

so any assumptions about balance are likely to be significantly faulty

but hey sure is a good avenue for scum to go "this seems like too much town power" (but somehow sb9 is excluded from that equation)
In post 6466, petapan wrote:oh my brain doesn't work i guess the rolestop doesn't save the bg protect

what the fuck ever i don't care not voting off setup spec
In post 6503, petapan wrote:
In post 6495, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:did a quick skim through of this game that just ended:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85074

Peta/Mwb/Ico scum team stomped the town and their play looks nothing like what's going on in this game

Though it could be that Peta and Mwb just had like 0 respect for the town in the game so they both decided to straight up open wolf their way thru the entire game balls out.
in that game the town kind of ripped its own face off so we didn't have to do much and the best thing was to sit back and let it happen. the cumulative number of times any member of the scumteam was voted that game was 2.

but yes, midwaybear is very nervous as scum and it comes through in his posts, several times he expressed to me in the PT he didn't know what to say, and here he just does not have the feeling of nervousness in his posting at all.

one of the things we
did
do in that game (well, mainly iconeum i think) was abuse setup spec to get the town to axe its own PRs (including our dear moderator) by stepping in and going "gee i dunno guys do you really think the setup would have two investigatives, this seems too strong" and get people to ignore logic of how, say, a certain player would never claim the way they did as scum and was towntelling very hard, and instead go "but balance!" when it turns out most people just don't have a good idea of how setups are constructed

and so that's why people trying to come in and get someone voted purely off setup spec is so scummy to me
In post 6609, petapan wrote:like he saw what shelly claimed and assumed he was a cc, and tried to nudge toward that without outright ccing because this setup is a big troll
In post 6771, petapan wrote:i was shelly's receiver, cabd picked up on it yesterday at some point. annie's confusion about their role is exactly how i thought mine would work although i never got it confirmed obviously. i don't think they take that approach as scum
In post 6928, petapan wrote:
In post 5895, Annie Edison wrote:Yeah, I suppose that’s fair about Spiffeh peta.

Assuming we use the one in four logic from our set id assume that set follows a similar rule and I expect there’s a fourth in the either side set as well
i think the one in four logic is very arbitrary and dont care for it

Spoiler: Contains Setup Spec
In post 6663, petapan wrote:fwiw - there are so many failure points on these gated investigatives that i absolutely believe there would be some redundancy built in to the setup
In post 6783, petapan wrote:
In post 6778, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6775, petapan wrote:i was jokingly calling myself a mason b/c i'm the other half of the dead town follower
it seems self evident to me that not both members of the pair have to be town
and in fact is likely there is at least one combo here that isn't all town

-b
having an investigative handing results to scum would be bastard and leave town severely handicapped from what we know
In post 6915, petapan wrote:i spent the night looking at old cakez theme games and thinking we're fucked but it made me think about things

fire do you have a role that works in the other timestream or not
In post 6927, petapan wrote:
In post 5887, Annie Edison wrote:Both sides STARTED with a protective. There seems to be. Protective/blocker that can swap over to the other side- we have two claims on the table that fit this grouping from inverter.
pisskop's flip + whatever spiffeh is started in the forward side and only work in inverted

thats 2 and 2 on both sides. hard for my mind to not see the parallels even though it seems super fucky but 2 PRs per thread that need to be inverted to start seems less weird than just 1? i feel as though that lessens the impact
In post 6926, petapan wrote:theres this kind of paralelism between all the claimed and known prs between all the threads, claimed protective starting in both threads, two roles that need to be stiled, the receiver pairs

im not saying they all have to be town because i don't know that and it'd be weird (plus all the pr claims are scummy) but things really do seem to mirror each other

and the intent with the turnstiles is obviously to create a logjam where not everyone can get to the other thread to do something useful and that weakens the expected effect of any potential power role

and most of the PRs basically outed themselves day 1 asking to be turnstiled, which is bizarre to me but id almost expect some multiplicity by design because of the whole logjam thing. i would think scum would theoretically have roles that only work on the other side too to give them some incentive to cross over but i dont know. it would still seem to be unconventional to me to ask to be turnstiled right away as scum just to block town and get locked into a pr claim but clearly not everyone thinks like me in that regard

but even saying that, if we split the two threads into pairs

two ivestigatives + a protective + two other gated PRs of some stripe

is not really outrageously far out of line with what seems to be standard balance for mini games in 2020? obv that is complicated by there being other roles and it'd be super dumb if scum just werent trying to get turnstiled but i cant stop thinking about how things seem to mirror
In post 7321, petapan wrote:i also have to wonder if you honestly think the setup would contain two amnesiac investigative pairs with half of each being scum making both effectively worthless and the majority of other PRs being timestream gated such that there is a strong possibility town has absolutely 0 useful night actions on night 1 aside from a bodyguard, maybe

because if you stop to think about it for a single second that's extremely implausible
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8501 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6503, petapan wrote:one of the things we did do in that game (well, mainly iconeum i think) was abuse setup spec to get the town to axe its own PRs (including our dear moderator) by stepping in and going "gee i dunno guys do you really think the setup would have two investigatives, this seems too strong" and get people to ignore logic of how, say, a certain player would never claim the way they did as scum and was towntelling very hard, and instead go "but balance!" when it turns out most people just don't have a good idea of how setups are constructed

and so that's why people trying to come in and get someone voted purely off setup spec is so scummy to me
This post in particular stood out to me as the one that sort of shines brightest with the "Setup spec bad" argument.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8502 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Don't forget his constant hitting you and Deacon about the cryptic/neighbourhood stuff

on day 3

when I argued and settled that on day 2 and y'all mostly stopped it that day

so you knwo it's not for functional shit, but rather to win points against you
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8503 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:04 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

LLD's points aren't just smoke here...

Like It's 3AM and I'm reading the Peta ISO in full yet again and it's like.... He makes occasional town posts. A few GREAT posts, even.

But then there's plenty of what LLD pointed out and now that I'm cognizant of it, like, I can SEE her points being woven in.

I think ffery's heart might be broken after all.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8504 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:06 pm

In post 8503, Dandelion Wine wrote:LLD's points aren't just smoke here...

Like It's 3AM and I'm reading the Peta ISO in full yet again and it's like.... He makes occasional town posts. A few GREAT posts, even.

But then there's plenty of what LLD pointed out and now that I'm cognizant of it, like, I can SEE her points being woven in.

I think ffery's heart might be broken after all.
yeah bruh

cause he's scum

and what frustrates me is the other thread doesn't see it

so they're gonna send like, annie or hp or someone over to tank the peta train and make us compromise

so this feels extremely time sensitive tbh

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8505 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

</3
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8506 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

Am I crazy?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8507 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

No. I want to go over it with bork
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8508 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

I've got about 30 minutes in the tank.... not sure it'll be tonight.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8509 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Like, for me, peta is the keystone to the scumteam.

Peta falls and the whole thing comes falling down

so if we can flip peta here scum, going into the merge, we will be in a good spot to start making a comeback.

So instead of letting the other thread stop us, I want someone to just hammer here. It's time sensitive and it's important.

If you can't find Peta scum, then I've lost and we'll end up on A50 which is fine I am certain.

But Peta is the play to win.

A50 is the play to try and hold our breath underwater as we get killed at night

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8510 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

p sure bork's asleep
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8511 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 8510, Deacon Blues wrote:p sure bork's asleep
I mean, 3 AM.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8512 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm

look i know you wanna talk to bork but it literally actually is time sensitive though =/

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8513 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:13 pm

like I have never been in a position where i have felt i needed to actively hurry someone to make a choice and not talk about it

but it is literally that situation and it's fucking weird

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8514 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

LLD, is there a specific reason you think forwards can/will send somebody to derail this?

Sorry if you did already say, feel free to quote or give a post number if so.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8515 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:17 pm

In post 8514, Dandelion Wine wrote:LLD, is there a specific reason you think forwards can/will send somebody to derail this?

I mean they literally said they would.

They have actively discussed sending someone back to force us to do Pooky/A50 today.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8516 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 8515, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 8514, Dandelion Wine wrote:LLD, is there a specific reason you think forwards can/will send somebody to derail this?

They have actively discussed sending someone back to force us to do Pooky/A50 today.
So just to confirm your intentions, you think that we should NOT have forwards use the turnstile today, period?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8517 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:29 pm

In post 8516, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 8515, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

So just to confirm your intentions, you think that we should NOT have forwards use the turnstile today, period?
Correct. More voices over there is better to solve that anyway, and we don't want anyone overhere so we can remove Peta!scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8518 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

What is the like, STRENGTH of this conviction on peta here? Is it based entirely on the factors you've already outlined, or is there anything else driving this?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8519 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:40 pm

In post 8518, Dandelion Wine wrote:What is the like, STRENGTH of this conviction on peta here? Is it based entirely on the factors you've already outlined, or is there anything else driving this?
uhhh, I'm really confident. Rating wise I'm 9 or 10 out of 10.

I have other factors, obviously, but they're harder to talk about? They're more innate to me.

I'm trying to use the things I can like, put into words and have them make sense, and not my kind of gut stuff.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8520 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

Okay. I'm about to sleep, gonna ruminate on everything. Nearly 4AM.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8521 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:55 pm

In post 8520, Dandelion Wine wrote:Okay. I'm about to sleep, gonna ruminate on everything. Nearly 4AM.
=/

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #8522 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:56 pm

dude

cabd

for someone who is so smart and does all this shit in different mafia games

you are really really dense sometimes

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8523 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

Well, fuck.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine