Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8450 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8449, petapan wrote:
In post 8447, Firebringer wrote:peta if given the choice what is the order we yeet in this thread from first playaer to yourself (last)
i don't know anymore, can i take a raincheck on this
sure. ill ask u tomorrow or monday
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8451 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8444, midwaybear wrote:
In post 8439, petapan wrote:now, granted, since stepping away from the thread i figured i might just be overthinking it
Why is Pooky not with A50/Spiffeh
i kind of don't think pooky would go to the levels he's gone to as scum, or at least i hope he wouldn't
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8452 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by petapan »

at some point i did just want to kill like deacon dandelion lld and spiffeh though lol

midway might be +scum if pooky is town though
free crypto
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8453 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

my list right now is:
Pooky > A50 > Spiffeh > Midwaaybear > Dandellion > petapan > LLD > Deacon > Me
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8454 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8448, petapan wrote:
In post 8440, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 8439, petapan wrote:i believe(d) your continued aliveness was going to be harmful and prevent scum eliminations

You're really knocking it out of the park too if you're town
See that's not a really nice thing to say, is it?

How is that helpful other than to annoy me? You should care about our alignment and it seems like you don't other than labeling us Plus Ee Vee Scum® but like you can't even point to a spot where we're like leading town off the cliff other than what, ffery was trying to explain to you her tenuous read on a slot that didn't align with yours?

-b
everyone makes mistakes but i'm not going to take it personally. stuff like this is offputting and just makes me want to kill you regardless though. (not that i have the ability to make that happen!)

i care about your alignment but i've been cycling through everyone trying to figure things out, i don't actually have good reasons to townread you, and at some point in conversing with you i started to get a bad gut feeling. i don't think she really explained a read though, i wanted some expression of thought that looked spontaneous and not constructed but didn't get it
You didn't get it because I felt lost and really wanted to sync with bork and see if it's just me or if we're both confused af.

Have you played enough with Spiffeh to have an opinion on his reaction to being one of the leading wagons? I'm townreading that and his posting in general in both threads, but I don't know if I should be.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8455 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8445, Deacon Blues wrote:Which scum eliminations do you think we're preventing? Is this about us specifically or the "significant number of you" in your post 8429?
in particular i felt like you were trying to talk me down from my suspicion of spiffeh in a weaselly way where you weren't outright defending but rather trying to divert my attention, if he is scum i would be calling for you to go after him

i guess the tinfoil i cooked up was that the random largelyafk disconnected people are town and scum are just banding together and running things
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8456 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8454, Deacon Blues wrote:You didn't get it because I felt lost and really wanted to sync with bork and see if it's just me or if we're both confused af.

Have you played enough with Spiffeh to have an opinion on his reaction to being one of the leading wagons? I'm townreading that and his posting in general in both threads, but I don't know if I should be.
if that's the case, sorry, it felt like you were evading me

no i have no clue, don't know him at all
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8457 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by petapan »

now i'm starting to think pure vt claims might just be town by setup spec and maybe roles are alignment agnostic
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8458 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by petapan »

theres what, 2 flipped vts and claimed ones are firebringer, deacon, gypyx, and (presumably) pooky? 3 vts per side seems a plausible number
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8459 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

peta feels utterly townspewy on this page

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8460 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

i know i'm like the fucking

right now but in the moment that's where i'm at and i get HP's take on this read more than ever

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8461 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6561, skitter30 wrote:borkffery i just need to say that your approach to reading me / your approach to me this game literally makes no sense to me
i utterly don't know what to say to this and my layers are peeling away and revealing a defeated husk

so go ahead and lay on me why you think that if nothing else so i can adjust my approach in the future because i feel like the more i try the more turned around i get and the more people rail against my approach

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8462 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6563, skitter30 wrote:i'm not sure it particularly makes you scum but i am utterly baffled
at this point i'm not sure if i'm more worried about the scum saying we're worthless or the town saying we're worthless

i'm willing to engage w/ the latter post game on what went wrong

-b
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8463 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

LLD when you come back can you let me know if you're still feeling the peta scumread given what all went down, and also if you are kind of break down more the whole "playing politics" thing you mentioned?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8464 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6567, skitter30 wrote:but just like: what have you/dandelion been right abt this game? i don't mean this pejoratively or like trying to throw shade.
what's anyone demonstrably been right about this game? I think maybe this is the major disconnect i have with everyone calling me shit is that like there hasn't been a whole lot of countermovement to any of the wagons we have going that i feel responsible for screwing over. maybe you have a different take.
In post 6567, skitter30 wrote:i can point to several different things that show me my view of the gamestate has been p on point for quite a while now. i know we're wrong, and i can tell you where we're wrong. i don't know exactly what the 'right' thing to do is rn, but i can point to several things that i think would muck things abt more than they currently are. and, well, very little that i've been said about the gamestate over the past few days has been wrong, so i don't have much reason to think i'm on the wrong track right now either. i feel like a lot of what you (collectively) have been trying to do have been off, so i'm struggling to understand why i should give much credence to your reads or understanding of what's going on rn

and like once again i've calmed down from a few days ago. i'm not trying to say this in an attacking / perjorative fashion. i just mean very practically if i have reason to believe i'm more on track than you are, i'm struggling to see why i should listen to you very much, and i want to try to get us on the same page because i think your slot is very probably town so it's better for us all to be on the same page than for us to be fighting with each other or for us to be pushing competing worldviews because we can't both be right

so i want to try to resolve the differences and figure out where we're drifting apart and talk it through and try to get things back on track, cuz i think if i can get you (i.e. borkffery) to agree with me, things probably get a bit better
(that is probably egocentric of me but whatever)
i promise i am utterly all ears at this particular moment; i would like to engage with you on what you think i'm wrong about and i will treat anything you say in completely good faith to converse about.
And just to be clear: i'm not in a lobbying mode. I never have been. ffery never has been. If i found someone reliably sheepable i would do it.

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8465 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8455, petapan wrote:
In post 8445, Deacon Blues wrote:Which scum eliminations do you think we're preventing? Is this about us specifically or the "significant number of you" in your post 8429?
in particular i felt like you were trying to talk me down from my suspicion of spiffeh in a weaselly way where you weren't outright defending but rather trying to divert my attention, if he is scum i would be calling for you to go after him

i guess the tinfoil i cooked up was that the random largelyafk disconnected people are town and scum are just banding together and running things
I meta'd 3 recent spiffeh games night 1 working with Nacho and Tammy on their forwards thread reads. I came away thinking that his play felt pretty close to his town games (especially the one where he wasn't a mason trying to be a little underwhelming). Then I iso'd scum-him a few days ago in the pooky vs fl game and this game doesn't feel like that one unless I'm just blind. He was high on stances but low on reasoning for the stances, if that makes sense.

I was hoping to compare meta notes with Cabd again on the recent game, which is why I was reluctant to go into that read, at least the meta part of it. Didn't want to telegraph my findings to him.

By reputation Spiffeh's a formidable player - but not one I have any experience playing with.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8466 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

wanna level set real quick here before i may have to bail for the night here but:
In post 6572, skitter30 wrote:- fl was town
- titus was going to flip town
- there was going to be max 1 scum in titus/ss/pk
- the whole plan to rid the forwards thread of scum wasn't going to work and was going to be a wild goose chase and waste of time
I'm not at odds with most of this. I thought FL was probtown and titus was town and i know I have posts to both effect.
ss/pk sure, was a misflip; i was involved in that, granted. and it was wrong; don't really mind the lover kill on ss i guess but you're utterly correct in that it wasn't scum.
totally agree on the last point as well; i'm more in the camp of use it to activate PRs and at this point we've pretty much done that for most people claiming them. Will grant that there was a lot of weird friction in getting to that point and a lot of people were driving the "remove scum" plan but I agree that it was a pipe dream.

so let's try and focus on areas where we differ because if that's the basis that you're working off of in that my view of the gamestate differs from yours we're not gonna get anywhere here.

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8467 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6572, skitter30 wrote:and for the fact that dandelion/you have been controlling a lot of the game - at least from my pov, it feels like a lot has gone down in the hoods that has been hidden (on purpose or not) from everyone else, and it has directed quite a lot of how later days has gone. in particular the spiffeh/sb9 turnstile. it still doesn't make sense to me honestly why there were so many machinations for that to have happened, or what benefit we particularly got out of it. to me, if cabd was town, i feel like we'd have seen more pro-town reads, conclusions, or mechanical outputs than we actually have. i'm aware that this is some level of bop, but he's been directing a lot of this game, and i just still don't see the +town purpose to a lot of what he's doing. maybe i'm just being blind and so i odn't see it. but like maybe you can help me here, by explaining how he's been approaching the game in a +town fashion? like what was he doing to concretely help solve the game in those hoods?
agree that this is worth talking about and involves some collection on my part.

-b
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8468 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:50 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8460, Deacon Blues wrote:i know i'm like the fucking

right now but in the moment that's where i'm at and i get HP's take on this read more than ever

-b
being consistent would be scummier tbh
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8469 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I kinda want a reality check on Spiffeh

Wispy cold meta is scary and I'd love to have someone I trust and who has experience with Spiffeh to come out with a definitive case there. Not sure that person even exists in this game.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8470 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8469, Deacon Blues wrote:I kinda want a reality check on Spiffeh

Wispy cold meta is scary and I'd love to have someone I trust and who has experience with Spiffeh to come out with a definitive case there. Not sure that person even exists in this game.
I probably have the most experience with spiffey. Yet I don't think u want me to hard case him
Show

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8471 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Why wouldn't I?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8472 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I still want Peta. I've kind of taken my break and mentally refreshed myself and I'm still convinced Peta is scum and needs to die.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8473 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

cmd shutdown -r /f
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8474 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I have a good amount of experience with Spiffeh, having been scum with him and town with him and town against him and scum against him.

But also meta is trash so
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”