Micro 992: Are You My Partner?

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1858, MathBlade wrote:Btw now the game is over I kinda felt Diego scum slipped because I only found out who I replaced due to the prod notice

I just didn’t want to push that once Jingle said I didn’t have to be force replaced so I was going to hammer literally anyone
Both replacements had access to their previous identity through the PM giving them account details. Neither replacement received any replacement information on the replacement account, but all mod communication was intact.

Bugs might have scumslipped if I understood his post right (the scum role PM has playernames while the town role PM doesn't) but if so it was a scumslip based on the public information in the setup info post.

It was also never my intention to obfuscate whether scum knew each other's identities and I thought my sample PM was clear enough on that front. If/when I rerun this setup I will be adding a setup specific rule to clarify that, since it was clearly a point of confusion as it got brought up twice.
This is a Parachute.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1895, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1891, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I had fun. I think that Diego replacing mini doomed them because of mom’s dearhtunnel on Ben for pushing them.

So, I’m gathering that bugs intentionally no killed which was good but nothing could take away from the fact that anyone who replaced into that slot was fucked.
Nah mom said earlier she guessed her buddy was 5
So brass was right then.

What I mean was her positioning around mini by deathtunnelling Ben, doomed whomever replaced into that slot. Like there was pretty much no way I wasn’t going to vote Diego once bugs claimed mini was their predecessor.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1897, Esooa wrote:I'm really happy my entry post lock scum read was correct haha
Yeah you had perfect reads except ironically mom actually didn’t. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1898, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I love alt games but some of them like Cabd’s game were too confusing and overwhelming. I didn’t have that problem in this game.
This, btw, was literally the reason I made 25 alts for the purpose of running secret alt games. Umbrella Academy was just a convenient show/comic to use to generate names.

I remember the secret alt dances being rough on keeping track of who was who myself.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Jingle »

I might make two more to be able to run 3 micros concurrently tbh, and if anyone wants to borrow them for their own setups it's doable with listmod approval and me backup or comodding.
This is a Parachute.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:05 am

Post by brassherald »

I feel like I didn't hide my posting style at all. Just people seem to forget I'm also ManWithNoName, so I posted like that
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1876, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1874, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1862, MathBlade wrote:Was I right that Ego Ego was a scum crumb Diego? Or was that random sheer moon logic?
That was brass though.
It woulda been missmegabyte at the time no?
I'm always brass
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:09 am

Post by brassherald »

I did do a Not_Mafia style post
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1891, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, I’m gathering that bugs intentionally no killed which was good but nothing could take away from the fact that anyone who replaced into that slot was fucked.
Bugs could not have killed N1. In order for there to be a night one kill the scumteam would need to have found each other and switched the game to night prior to the D1 elimination. Bugs found Mom, but Mom guessed Allison pretty early. The first chance bugs had to enable nights was the dawn of D2 because the game was still nightless when Mom was limmed.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Jingle »

Also, the important notes bit:

That's D sharp. It's a very important note, particularly in classical music.
This is a Parachute.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

hahahah i was guessed? Mission accomplished
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1908, Jingle wrote:
In post 1891, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So, I’m gathering that bugs intentionally no killed which was good but nothing could take away from the fact that anyone who replaced into that slot was fucked.
Bugs could not have killed N1. In order for there to be a night one kill the scumteam would need to have found each other and switched the game to night prior to the D1 elimination. Bugs found Mom, but Mom guessed Allison pretty early. The first chance bugs had to enable nights was the dawn of D2 because the game was still nightless when Mom was limmed.
So both scum had to be right? Apparently from this because you say that bugs was right but mom wasn’t. Yeah so that explains all of the “rumour” posts, I guess.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1910, DkKoba wrote:hahahah i was guessed? Mission accomplished
So you were trying to get scum to guess you? Well mega props for that then. You seemed to walk a very fine line between being too scummy to be in the townblock yet townie enough not to get yeeted. Pretty impressive, if that was your strategy.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

btw i altslipped with both my main in here and in another game LOL
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Jingle »

Spoiler: Important Links

Mod and dead threads are public, mafia thread will be made public in roughly 48 hours.

Notes threads, as always, are the responsibility of their owners if any exist. Secret alts have had personal notes thread permissions removed.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1913, DkKoba wrote:btw i altslipped with both my main in here and in another game LOL
I mean... to be fair you were right in that other game. I was scumclaiming :P.
This is a Parachute.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1914, Jingle wrote:
Spoiler: Important Links

Mod and dead threads are public, mafia thread will be made public in roughly 48 hours.

Notes threads, as always, are the responsibility of their owners if any exist. Secret alts have had personal notes thread permissions removed.
Maybe another way to balance is just require one scum to be right but not both.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1913, DkKoba wrote:btw i altslipped with both my main in here and in another game LOL
It killed me to not call you Koba :P
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1911, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:So both scum had to be right?
Yeah. Either one scum had to die or both had to find each other, otherwise it would just continue to be nightless.
This is a Parachute.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Or maybe if one scum dies instant nightless
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1816, Jingle wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on the setup/balance?

The not announcing replacements thing was a choice to try to reduce the impact of replacements on the game (Big thanks to Mathblade and bugspray, btw). I felt that replacements otherwise had a disproportionate effect on the odds of mafia finding each other early.
replacements suck first off

I think if u purposefully change the theme on all the accounts so its harder to naturally alt slip its a good qol for ppl like me.

Have ppl ego in pregame so theres no angleshooting with it.
retired
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:36 am

Post by tris »

thank you for modding! you did a good job
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

I think heres a healthy compromise:
1 scum guessing right gives other scum a notification they were correctly guessed and they get another try if they already guessed.
Also scum should always no kill n1 no matter what lol
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yup Jingle did. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1825, MathBlade wrote:Gg I was Vanya. Started faking being Titus when I messed up the alt stuff.

I realized I was screwed when I would have to do VCA like her lmao

If I outed as me people wouldn’t listen to me as people have a bad impression of me
I was wondering why the vca was ?????
retired

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”