MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3772, Gypyx wrote:true

hmm, even more interesting is that beans come up in the episode right after the one blade mentions, is the bean guy a frequent appearance in dragon ball?

(although that might be pushing the limits, tell me if that's going too far cell boi)
I have no clue. I have a life. I don’t plan on watching an entire show to figure out if what my role PM says makes sense or not. I just sorta roll with it.

I think Dunn is scum and pretty obviously so. I am already in the arena. Putting in a second person even if you plan on immediately hammering me is very protown because I know I am not scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Gypyx »

oh cool it's obvious ! guess you can tell us why right now and we exe the scumfuck immediatly then?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Gypyx »

hmmm, just realized that's a bit too agressive sorry lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3778 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

Already did. What did you think?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3779 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Gypyx »

right my bad sorry

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3780 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Gypyx »

completely slipped outta me mind

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3781 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3757, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2989, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2986, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2981, Oil Tycoons wrote:Superbowl coming out of the woodwork to hunt for third parties is most definitely +scum. The most passionate argument he's presented is that we're scumsiding and as a result we need to die immediately, but the complete lack of any scumhunting that looks like that outside of his push on third party doesn't look great.
??? I've been on Flea the whole damn game, you scumclained, and they started hard defending you. Your language "that
we're
scumsiding" implies that I'm right on the money though
He's not town. It's in their best interest to cast shade on you because you're trying to eliminate them
My case is very simple.

Look at the iso between Dunn and Super Bowl. Everything is lock towning. It’s no effort to solve until the distancing thing pointed out as weird. I had solved it as one of two possible worlds at that point. Dunn shaded me as he knew I wouldn’t let go. I am a tunneller by trade. If Dunn kills me he loses and he knows it so he just then starts shading me.
i don't see the locktowning you mention?

bottom text
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3782 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Spoiler: All Dunn posts tangentially related
In post 17, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 10, Firebringer wrote:Its time to get real,

I am going to take you all down in that ring. There aint gonna be a need for a second round, I can beat you all with one hand tied behind my back at the same time! You fools don't know the first thing about the martial arts.

points at Dunnstral

Hey you, punk. Think you are tough enough to take on the peoples champion?!?! Or you going to cower and go home to mommy instead of me wiping the floor of this arena with your butt.

gestures at superbowl9

I bet this guy thinks he is hot stuff. But he has never had to face a real challenger like me! I can lift a hundred scrawny hims with one finger.

looks at Bell

and who invited this clown to this tournament? I thought this was a martial arts tournament, not a weakest human show. Can you even throw a punch pal?

This is gonna be a short tournament and I hope you all don't blink cause you might just miss the whole thing.

VOTE: Battle Mage
Awesome.

I think this game is fascinating (great game unwnd!) so I apologize to Fire for taking you out so fast, but never in my mafia career will I miss a chance to do this:

VOTE: Firebringer
swarm:Firebringer

swarm:Firebringer
(using "Talented" perk)

And that's one challenge target for today, as far as I'm aware.

For the next one I'm thinking we get Oil Tycoons, mostly because they voted for me. It might be interesting to put one of superbowl or Battle Mage though.
In post 1799, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1609, Bell wrote:Huh, that post sort of recontextualized some thoughts related to my differing perspective. It could just be that because I'm town and I don't know her alignment she comes off differently.

Still, *points directly to 1606* The differences as I see them are in the paragraph. If you disagree with my comparison or the statements made, say so.
I hadn't taken a good look at her when I said that. I do think the strength she's giving to a read on me is weird here, but not out of her town range

Honestly I didn't really look at her analysis in the fl vs pooky game either, I just saw that she was town off posting.
In post 1665, Oil Tycoons wrote:
In post 1661, mastina wrote:Dunnstral I quite liked as town, his thoughts were good, his content was good, but the drop in content is incredibly worrying.
Noraa has hydra slipped as much as Dunnstral has posted. What makes you think town?

VOTE: Dunnstral

I don't like the superbowl option mostly because I don't like voting for people who've been V/LA for the entire game Day. Has more than 3x Dunnstral's post count even with that.
If the point of the game was to find the player who posted the least, this would be a good post. It's not, so it isn't. Just saying I have a low post count doesn't justify your vote at this point in the game.
In post 1804, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1658, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1648, Sugar Cain wrote:
In post 1623, Guillotina wrote:Nero has been pushing SB as scum and you guys nominated Gamma to go to the arena.
Aye he did, it was lost in the flurry of posts that I didn't respond to. The way SB positioned himself against us was shady as hell.

To answer your question though, the world of WIFOM. considering the fact that the votes don't lead to lynches right away we could be wrong in one of our pushes and
you could still be scum with our other pick.
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it probable? No.

Why would I push a scum buddy since early Day 1, drag him all the way to nomination phase and throw him into the arena, when I could easily do something else and avoid losing a partner? What you are implying here is that in your world, I'm scum playing against my wincon. I don't game-throw. (Ok... I have, Nero and Gamma know the story but I was arrogant and thought that FPSing would help town get the win but I promised I'd never FPS again until i knew the community more).
If you look into my ISO you will see that I picked up Gamma and Superbowl since early in the game and they instead of towning up, they have been performing unremarkably in relation to their town-play from other games.

I understand that SB is V/LA but the times he has posted here, he's posted scummy-fluffy shit. I honestly don't understand why Kookies townread him besides not wanting to do so because they have run him up in other games where he flipped town, if they got rid of that guilt and objectively read his posts and the intention behind those posts, they'd be voting him now. So I think that the reason the hydra is not voting is because I'm voting him and they dont wanna vote with me.
The question is how about everyone else? What are they seeing that I'm not?

It's not like I'm tunneling them either. I scum read Mastina slot (previously occupied by MWNN) and she came in all aggro on me and we thunderdomed and ever since, she's been towning up IMO. I'm aware that I'm new on this site and that she is a legendary player here and she could fool me, but I don't think that's the case here. Her posts are well elaborated (besides the piece of shit read-list part) and explained her points that from my opinion come from a town mindset (she is hesitant but so are we, otherwise there would be two players in the arena already). Bell says it cannot, I'm sure he knows Mastina more than I do, but skeptical me will only believe in my gut for now so I townread her. She and I also mindmeld on not being able to sort FB and scum reading SB, not to mention that she got Noraa (along with BlackMage) off my back for a bit allowing me to breath and enjoy the game with the limited time I have to play it, if she is scum, I'm hard pocketed.

I scum read Bell for something I interpreted as a pocket/buddy up attempt on Noraa and tunneled him for that for a while, but his interactions with others and the way he drives the thread does not feel it is ill intended. He scum hunts, asks informative questions and assists me in reading others while does not pressure me into town reading his town reads which I appreciate.

And then there are you guys. I scum read you too, partly because Nero didn't seem to be playing a town game the way I saw them play on L230, mainly the aggressive scumhunting part that I know him for, he pointed out that he indeed has, I admitted that I was wrong and backed off, but not to the point to call you town, you are still at the bottom but not the bottom where you are in danger of getting nominated to clash against Gamma in the arena.

If I had to decide now who goes against Gamma, it would be VOTE: Superbowl and unless something happens that motivates me to change my mind, I think I will park it.

Good night.
How is gamma playing different from town games?
In post 1952, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1945, superbowl9 wrote:Who's scum to you right now dunn?
I'm not really sure

Even though I voted for mastina yesterday I kind of wish Titus didn't just, instantly shoot there like that.

Also, why did everybody sheep me? Bm was the counter, right? Was Mastina being suspected?
In post 1970, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1963, Guillotina wrote:Mastina scum read you and I agree. Now she is dead! A little convenient don't you think?
Mastina dying seems unrelated to her read on superbowl, no?
In post 2098, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2000, Finral wrote:mastina (5): Bell, Dunnstral, Oil Tycoons, superbowl9, Battle Mage
This was me coming in with 14 hours left or something and placing down a vote, following bell and also mastina looked to be making stuff up on their read on me

I still don't know why the rest followed onto mastina
In post 2099, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1699, Perfect Cell wrote:
with 13 alive it takes 7 to nominate. Nomination Phase 2 ends in (expired on 2021-01-11 22:25:25).

Combatants
Dunnstral (2): Titus, Oil Tycoons
mastina (1): Bell
Battle Mage (1): Flea The Magician
Oil Tycoons (0):
Bell (0):
Superbowl9 (1): mastina
Firebringer (1): Sugar Cain
kookiemonster (0):
Titus (0):
Flea The Magician (0):
Sugar Cain (0):
Guillotina (1): Firebringer

Not Voting (0):

Superbowl is V/LA from January 5th to January 10th.

Spoiler: Nominated
1. Gamma Emerald
Also this was the vote count I saw when I made my vote
In post 2989, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2986, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 2981, Oil Tycoons wrote:Superbowl coming out of the woodwork to hunt for third parties is most definitely +scum. The most passionate argument he's presented is that we're scumsiding and as a result we need to die immediately, but the complete lack of any scumhunting that looks like that outside of his push on third party doesn't look great.
??? I've been on Flea the whole damn game, you scumclained, and they started hard defending you. Your language "that
we're
scumsiding" implies that I'm right on the money though
He's not town. It's in their best interest to cast shade on you because you're trying to eliminate them

The above is all posts until his weird turn onto Super Bowl (the last post in the quote).

Take a good look at 1804. Notice the entire context of the conversation then Dunn just breezes over Super Bowl. This is what I mean by “lock towning” there’s no sorting going on. There’s just a softball question of who Dunn thinks scum is. It’s like Dunn went out of his way to avoid talking about Super Bowl until his claim.

Combined with the combination of the weird posting afterward that feels like a distancing bus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3783 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by Gypyx »

so, you're saying dunn busses both his parters simultanously? cuz he was also pushing guillo pretty fucking hard (considering his posting volume)

bottom text
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3784 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Not simultaneously no.

Dunn never pushed until after the claim.

The more plausible scenario is Dunn had to bus G because guilty.
Then they didn’t have a fake claim that worked for two scum, so they really hammed it up with a terrible fake claim from Super Bowl.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3785 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

With 4 alive it takes 2 to Nominate. Nomination Phase 1 ends at (expired on 2021-02-19 02:03:15)

Combatants
Dunnstral (2): Gypyx, MathBlade [KA-ME-HA-ME-HAMMER!]

Gypyx (0):
Firebringer (0):

Not Voting (0): Everyone.

Spoiler: Nominated
1. MathBlade
2. Dunnstral
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3786 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

Only Mathblade and Dunnstral may speak now. Nobody else.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3787 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

HURT: MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3788 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

HURT: Dunnstral

Are you like ever going to case me Dunn?

You had like days and then never articulated why you think I am scum.

I am very very bad at cases but I put it up there.

Hell I even town cased myself.

I know I am right and you are scum but you have no idea how relieved I am that now I fucking know I was right.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3789 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s pretty much up to G and Firebringer so I hope I did a good enough job explaining. If the game isn’t over by the next time I can case I will but I may have a date/friend hangout (not sure what she’s calling it) so I probably won’t be focused on mafia. I may or may not tonight so I guess it’s hope and pray here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3790 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

deadline please
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3791 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

HURT: mathblade
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3792 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Critical role tonight. Can’t say I am not surprised.

Guess that leaves it up to G.

G can either stalemate this and we lose

Or G can vote me or we lose

Or G can convince Firebringer he’s being a dummy which he is and both y’all vote Dunn.

I am going to be very disappointed post game if y’all just lurksac lost and one of the few times I get town you miselim me.

That sucks.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3793 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

With 4 alive it takes 2 to Nominate. Nomination Phase 2 ends at (expired on 2021-02-19 02:03:15)

Combatants
Dunnstral (1): MathBlade
MathBlade: (2): Dunnstral, Firebringer [KA-ME-HA-ME-HAMMER!]

Not Voting (1): Gypyx
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3794 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

The game is over.

MathBlade was
Ox-King, Anti-Fighter Goon

Town has defeated Cell.

Some thoughts and setup reveal shortly to follow. Thank you everyone who participated. I apologize for the lukewarm reception to the end of this game. I will talk about it further as I wrap things up.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3795 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Gypyx »

welp, congrats everyone

bottom text
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3796 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

Mod PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=85497
Scum PT: (To be revealed once redactions are set.) 24 hours
Dead PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=85498
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3797 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Thanks for taking my slot math, and gg everyone
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3798 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wow town kinda had this solved from D1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Perfect Cell
Perfect Cell
Townie
Perfect Cell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3799 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Perfect Cell »

In a few I'll talk a bit further about setup analysis and how this game could've played out. Unfortunately, none of the mechanics were entirely used. It's slightly discouraging as a mod to see your setup just not really have a chance to do anything. Can I say it was balanced? I'll never really know because the way it played out never had a chance.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”