Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4725 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Andresvmb »

So that’s how I’m approaching this today. And you know what, I don’t think there’s any great way to do this. Finding a 3p or convincing others you’re not a 3p is just not something that anybody really works at or has to do particularly frequently. So I still feel this is quite like tossing a coin.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4726 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

So that happened.
Luca was happy to vote Molla but could see SK in both of us, however it seemed unlikely.
Andres was fine ish voting Molla and said he likely wouldn't vote me but could see SK in both Luca/me as well.
This isn't exactly a good situation for the game to be in just before i go to bed and am feeling tired, i can't really think about the motivation behind the kill. Unless it would somehow be too obvious who the SK is if Molla didn't die. Actually yeah, it's probably a kill to deny any information gauged from the flip. Which might have made it too obvious who the deepwolf is.
This is really demotivating as Luca said.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4727 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Andres you said you had played as SK before? Can you link that game to me?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4728 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:15 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In my defense. I don't know what on earth i would gain from killing Molla here after arguing from D6 that they were a part of my final game solve. I thought for sure SK!Molla was scum siding with Vaxkiller and Hayker to eliminate me.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4729 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Actually i'm not sure what Luca gains from that either.

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4730 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Luca Blight »

This is why I don't like third parties. Both Norwegian and Andres have looked really townie this game, but it doesn't count for a lot when there's an SK.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4731 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I think it's fair to say that kill is strange in general.

My first impressions are that it makes slightly more sense coming from Norwegian than Andres.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4732 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Andres knew I was expecting a Norwegian NK, so he would have just shot there and I would have most likely voted BBmolla in LYLO.

Norwegian would have more reason to WIFOM the situation.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4733 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I wouldn’t do some risky play like that.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4734 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I would probably shoot either Luca or Andres and argue for Molla SK if anything. That’s what i think would make the most sense if i was in that situation.

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4735 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4733, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I wouldn’t do some risky play like that.
All of us could say the same tbh. I think rn you'd have more reason to than Andres.

I will have a look back through the game and see if I can find anything relevant.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4736 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

By just my knowledge of Lucas psyche i think he plays it safe here but Andres i think could pull some stunt like that.
This isn’t even a read based on previous posts. Just general psychology.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4737 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Anyway please don’t make any hasty judgements. I’ll be back tommorow and give this another look.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #4738 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:52 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sleep thoughts#
I don’t think SK!Luca would act swayed by Molla’s AtE yesterday.

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4739 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4724, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 4713, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Or if we’re doing it. Shouldn’t we discuss what a kill on "x" would mean for the allignment of "y" and vice verca?
An completely unorganized to kill is unacceptable if there is no clear framework of what town wins or gains.
Like this seems just what the 3p wanted - clarity that would have helped determine what NK to make. I wasn’t particularly interested in doing this because I had my thinking, but if I reveal it I’m giving the other party a heads up with regards to what to do.
I kind of agree with this tbh.

Norwegian's strategy would have definitely benefited the SK more than Town, I feel.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4740 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Yeah I can link to the game I played SK. Let me find it first.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4741 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4742 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In that game like I explained, I Town-sided hard and lead 4 consecutive Scum executions while hard-defending a Town player I needed to shoot. There was a slight Mod error that also forced my hand a little bit.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4743 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 4734, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I would probably shoot either Luca or Andres and argue for Molla SK if anything. That’s what i think would make the most sense if i was in that situation.
Frankly this is what I expected you to do - shoot me. Luca almost always votes BBMolla I think over you. So this ending I don’t quite understand. But if I really wanted to tunnel to not leave myself open for much, I again just NK Norwegian and be done with it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4744 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 4735, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 4733, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I wouldn’t do some risky play like that.
All of us could say the same tbh. I think rn you'd have more reason to than Andres.

I will have a look back through the game and see if I can find anything relevant.
Well yeah. All I have to do is stay consistent with yesterday, where I laid out all of my thoughts as to who I thought was the SK. And if you look at it, I said I thought the vote should be between Luca and Molla, and I also felt Molla was the least likely player to be SK based on their play. I could have tried to win yesterday even, but I voted No Kill. So yeah I do feel like I’m being set up here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4745 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Luca you know what’s helping your case in my eyes? Your defiance. You have been so insistent about standing up for your play (and it’s very similar to how I act when people start bashing me when I’m not being that helpful as Town), even saying that you would talk to me about it post-game, I really do think you would maybe avoid that a little more if you were an SK. It just struck me as genuine. I am a bit soft on these arguments I admit, but I do find them more often than not coming just from frustrated Town. It’s just so hard to fake that true genuine emotion. I don’t know - I could be reading too much into it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4746 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

And I’m not implying you haven’t been helpful btw. Just to be clear. I just know that’s how I react when I’m in that particular situation. Here I think you’re just reacting frustrated you’re not getting your due so to speak.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4747 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Like Norwegian did it too earlier in the game but in a different way. By trying to sideline me. It wasn’t an engagement with me as a fellow Town member. It was more go away you don’t know what you’re talking about. Which I SR’ed coincidentally.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4748 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

So, this is it. I’ve improved my Endgame performance over time but it’s never come down to voting correctly for the SK so this is new. I am not in any rush so I’ll give Norwegian plenty of time to say whatever they want to say. I think deep down I have a sense of where I’m going to vote, and I don’t think much of what people actually say here will change that I mean what is there to say? Like we’ve all played very much like members of the Town nobody is going to try and argue here that somebody was Scummier than someone else because it’s just not true.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4749 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Or at least, no longer true. I have wanted both of you dead at different points hahaha so at least some version of me will be proven correct.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”