5xVT

Mafia Vanilla Cop
Mafia Encryptor
Mafia Goon

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Town Novice DetectiveWelcome!

You are a
Town Novice Detective

You may investigate a player each night, except for night 1, and discern whether that player has performed a killing action on another player this game. You will receive a Negative result on those that have not done so, or a Positive result on those that have done so. You will receive "no result" if your action is blocked. This ability resolves after killing actions submitted for the same night

The game thread is here.

Town Night 1 PsychologistWelcome!

You are a
Town Night 1 Psychologist

On Night 1 only, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player has an unused active killing ability (which gives a "positive" result), as opposed to having no kill or a kill that has already been used (both of which give a "negative" result).

The game thread is here.

Town Odd Night GunsmithWelcome!

You are a
Town Odd Night Gunsmith

On odd-numbered nights only, you can target a player to discern if they carry in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Town Even Night GunsmithWelcome!

You are a
Town Even Night Gunsmith

On even-numbered nights only, you can target a player to discern if they carry in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a
Town Neapolitan

At night, you can target a player to discern if that player is a Vanilla Townie, your results will return in the form Vanilla/Not Vanilla.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Vanilla) and PLAYER (Mafia Encryptor).

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases and in the day as long as the Mafia Encryptor is alive.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia Vanilla CopWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Goon) and PLAYER (Mafia Encryptor).

You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional private thread, located here, which you may talk in during pregame and night phases and in the day as long as the Mafia Encryptor is alive.

You are able to target one player each night to determine if that player has a power role, your results will com in the form Vanilla/Not Vanilla

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia EncryptorWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Encryptor

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Vanilla Cop) and PLAYER (Mafia Goon).

You passively enable daytalk for your team as long as you are alive.

The game thread is here.
Last edited by implosion on Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:18 am

Post by implosion »

Primary: northsidegal
Secondary: Ircher
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hey, balance has moved very townsided compared to when I used to play normals so ngl I have no idea if this is considered balanced or not by modern standards, but you see what I'm going for by splitting town power across players, with a full Neapolitan that is nerfed as power is split.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Ircher »

At a glance, I'm not sure if this is townsided or not, but one thing I did notice is there is a high number of investigative rolws, and that can present a problem due to clears and things like that.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:20 am

Post by northsidegal »

yeah, at a glance the fact that all town roles are investigative alone probably makes it fairly townsided

the gunsmiths have a lot of false positives as does the neapolitan, but even still there's probably just way too much info going to town. i like the concept of the different types of info being split across town but on the other hand that does mean that even with perfect kills it's hard for scum to stem the tide of investigations

i might axe the psychologist entirely as well as one of the gunsmiths and replace them with some useless / less useful roles that still serve as false positives for the neapolitan.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I like the Detective/Psychologist split tbh, I'd sooner replace or nerf the Gunsmiths and/or buff scum a bit. Perhaps moving one of the gunsmiths to scum and replacing the goon
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

so what, something like:

Town Novice Detective
Town Even Night Gunsmith
Town Neapolitan
6xVT
Mafia Vanilla Cop
Mafia Encryptor
Mafia Gunsmith

man, that's a crazy setup. insanely swingy. i want to say that this might actually be too scumsided? the mafia get pretty insane PR searching with two checks and a kill a night while they're all alive, and even if they get gunsmithed or neapolitan-ed both vanilla cop and gunsmith work as valid fakeclaims, and from there it's up to town to try to sort things out, probably after a massclaim.

i think that i would probably prefer moving towards less power than more power, although it's not a requirement.

maybe something like this?

Town Novice Detective
Town Even Night Gunsmith
Town 1-shot Neapolitan
6xVT
Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith
Mafia Encryptor
Mafia Goon

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

maybe could go with 2-shot neapolitan or something like that

things fall apart
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Yeah I'm cool with that
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by implosion »

What's the status of this, then?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Ircher »

It looks like we just need role pms and rules posted.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Novice Detective

You may investigate a player each night, except for night 1, and discern whether that player has performed a killing action on another player this game. You will receive a Negative result on those that have not done so, or a Positive result on those that have done so. You will receive "no result" if your action is blocked. This ability resolves after killing actions submitted for the same night

The game thread is here.

You are a

On Night 1 only, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether or not that player has an unused active killing ability (which gives a "positive" result), as opposed to having no kill or a kill that has already been used (both of which give a "negative" result).

The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Even Night Gunsmith

On even-numbered nights only, you can target a player to discern if they carry a gun in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Town 2-Shot NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a
Town 2-Shot Neapolitan

Twice during the game, at night, you can target a player to discern if that player is a Vanilla Townie, your results will return in the form Vanilla/Not Vanilla.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith) and PLAYER (Mafia Encryptor).

The game thread is here.

Mafia Odd Night GunsmithWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith

You are able to target one player on odd nights only you can target a player to discern if they carry a gun in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Mafia EncryptorWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Encryptor

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith) and PLAYER (Mafia Goon).

The game thread is here.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Game Rules

(stolen and modified from Human Destroyer, who stole them from Tierce, who stole them from Glork and Magua)

General Rules
  1. All site-wide rules apply.
  2. Play to your win condition.
  3. I do not tolerate personal attacks, I will be more strict about this than most moderators. Remember first and foremost this is a game, find a way to vent your frustrations that doesn't lessen the game for others; attack the playstyle, not the player.
  4. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator. My moderator colour is
    #0040FF
    , do not use it.
  5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there are faulty tags in your post, I am happy to fix them
  6. Do not quote any form of external communication in the game thread, including, but not limited to; role PMs, private topics and moderator communication. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is permitted. If in doubt, ask.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of this game thread; unless I have given you explicit permission (this includes private topics).
  8. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or anything to obscure any content beyond reasonable expectation (e.g. Spoiler tags are fine).
  9. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  10. Do not attempt to bring any external influences into this game. Including, but not limited to signature bets and promises of real life rewards.
  11. Claiming scum by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with others is not, regardless of the truth of this claim.
  12. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
  13. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and will not win with your faction, regardless of the outcome. Modkills made during a day phase will generally punish the offending faction (A modkill on town will end the phase, a modkill on scum will not), however, circumstances depending, there may be exceptions to this.
  14. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to take any action at any time, for any reason. And change or implement any rule as I see fit (this will be announced).
  15. My job and goal as a moderator is to provide my players with an enjoyable experience. If you have any questions or issues about the game, rules, players or me as a moderator, you should never hesitate to PM me.
Activity & Deadline Rules
  1. If a player goes 48 hours without posting, they will incur a prod. Prods will be announced in thread.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod in thread within 24 hours, or receives 3 total prods. They will be replaced.
  3. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread or via PM.
  4. The first day phase will last two weeks, each subsequent day phase will last 10 days.
  5. Each night phase will last two days.
  6. In the event deadline is reached before an elimination has occurred, there will be a No Elimination.
  7. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced in-thread.
Voting Rules
  1. Votes must use vote tags or
    bold
    (VOTE: Not_Mafia or
    Vote: Not_Mafia
    ). If you do not wish to eliminate, you may vote for a No Elimination. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. Unvotes (UNVOTE: Not_Mafia or
    Unvote: Not_mafia
    ) are appreciated, but not necessary.
  3. Once a majority of votes is reached (50% of living players + 1), that person is eliminated.
  4. If a player has been eliminated, the game will be in Twilight, you may continue to post until I enter and officially end the day.
  5. When at an even number of players, a No Elimination will occur when half of living players vote for a No Elimination.
  6. If you are dead, you are allowed a single "bah" post. This post may not contain any content and will be deleted and reported to the list moderator if it does.
Game and Set-up Specific Rules
  1. This game will follow the Normal Guidelines
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

It might be useful for you to list in the role pm what qualifies as a guilty/inno for gunsmiths in a normal game. The normal queue has a habit of attracting some newer players after their first few games, and while they could look on the wiki, most are not super aware of that ability and would benefit from an explicit description.

The mafia gunsmith pm is also worded a little weird; you should consider wording it like you do for the town gunsmith; something like "On odd-numbered nights only, you can target a player to discern if they carry a gun in flavour.

One other nitpick is that your role pms imply that players' actions will always succeed. I like to use wording along the lines of "attempt to" or "assuming no interference" to explicitly indicate to the player that their action may possibly fail (even if it cannot fail in this particular setup.)

Otherwise, things look fine to me.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Novice Detective

You may attempt to investigate a player each night, except for night 1, and discern whether that player has performed a killing action on another player this game. You will receive a Negative result on those that have not done so, or a Positive result on those that have done so. You will receive "no result" if your action is blocked. This ability resolves after killing actions submitted for the same night.

The game thread is here.

You are a

The game thread is here.

You are a
Town Even Night Gunsmith

On even-numbered nights only, you can attempt to target a player to discern if they carry a gun in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Town 2-Shot NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a
Town 2-Shot Neapolitan

Twice during the game, at night, you can attempt to target a player to discern if that player is a Vanilla Townie, your results will return in the form Vanilla/Not Vanilla.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith) and PLAYER (Mafia Encryptor).

The game thread is here.

Mafia Odd Night GunsmithWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith

On odd-numbered nights only, you can attempt to target a player to discern if they carry a gun in flavour.

The game thread is here.

Mafia EncryptorWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Encryptor

Your partners are PLAYER (Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith) and PLAYER (Mafia Goon).

The game thread is here.
[/quote]
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Mafia Encryptor: geraintm
Mafia Goon: Amélie
Mafia Odd Night Gunsmith: MiniMegabyte
Town 2-Shot Neapolitan: Entrapta
Town Even Night Gunsmith: Ydrasse
Town Night 1 Psychologist: DrippingGoofball
Town Novice Detective: Gretchen
Vanilla Townie: bugspray
Vanilla Townie: April Ludgate
Vanilla Townie: Artemiana
Vanilla Townie: RLotus
Vanilla Townie: AliceK
Vanilla Townie: HypoSoc

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”