Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5800 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Zaiden »

Oh fuck, just saw Unpod Tripod extended the deadline. Excuse me, I'm feeling pretty tired.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5801 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5795, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5792, SirCakez wrote:maybe scum wanted to bury the peach so that no town got it
then they give it to a teammate?
that has other issues - as we all saw the peaches ended up being forcibly redistributed
In post 5796, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5793, SirCakez wrote:this was before SB was a big wagon but he goes all in here
right but somehow my naked vote (also before SB was a big wagon!), designed to garner 0 towncred, is bussing. sure that makes sense
I'm just looking at VCA here
In post 5797, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5794, SirCakez wrote:i hate how people keep asserting they are "cleared" or "obvious town"
nobody is fucking cleared
I mean being cleared is a social fact and people were treating me as though I was cleared. So I was. But I'm not anymore?
who was doing this????
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5802 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Where Gamma???
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5803 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Zaiden »

Going into tonight, we can agree on someone who will execute the final vote for whatever people choose on the 17th. Probably Gamma since we've confirmed they weren't present on Mafiascum.net during the night the kill happened. And have everyone go offline on the 16th, then not comment for 1-2 days when the game restarts, so we can play with the idea that actions can be sent to Unpod Tripod through Discord DMs. And therefore being offline on this site for the whole night doesn't necessarily say much about conf town or not. Regardless of the outcome, even if I end up being voted off, I want this proven so that a scum!Gamma doesn't get away with being in the clear for something I truly perceive as not a conf town thing. If people forget about it and it does not get confirmed, it's game winning for scum in the event where Gamma is scum who pulled off a huge gambit.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5804 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Zaiden »

Or Isis. Or whichever mod is presiding over this game at present.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5805 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5803, Zaiden wrote:Going into tonight, we can agree on someone who will execute the final vote for whatever people choose on the 17th. Probably Gamma since we've confirmed they weren't present on Mafiascum.net during the night the kill happened. And have everyone go offline on the 16th, then not comment for 1-2 days when the game restarts, so we can play with the idea that actions can be sent to Unpod Tripod through Discord DMs. And therefore being offline on this site for the whole night doesn't necessarily say much about conf town or not. Regardless of the outcome, even if I end up being voted off, I want this proven so that a scum!Gamma doesn't get away with being in the clear for something I truly perceive as not a conf town thing. If people forget about it and it does not get confirmed, it's game winning for scum in the event where Gamma is scum who pulled off a huge gambit.
this is way too angleshooty and won't fly
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5806 (ISO) » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think it's pretty town that you're bringing it up though
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5807 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

can someone please give a shit?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5808 (ISO) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:20 am

Post by SirCakez »

the best piece of evidence against Zaiden is his push on Gamma I think?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5809 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Zaiden »

Sorry, been a busy week for me sorting out paperwork/identity verification/background checks for my new workplace.

@Cakez, angle shooty, perhaps. But it's the best thing I can think of at the moment, especially with the game being pretty dead in the water right now. I think it's stupid but I can see why might suspect my motives. For me, it's standard paranoia. I have used Discord to vend peach and utilise watcher, and the fact no one's come out to say yes or no suggests to me I've somehow been the only one up till this point. Of course, that's unless Gamma's been quiet about using Discord thinking they could get away with a huge gambit. From my perspective, knowing Discord can be used to vend peaches/use night abilities, it's extremely alarming someone's gone for the play 'I wasn't on MafiaScum overnight therefore I am town' when I know it doesn't necessarily say much if they've been using Discord messages to carry out activities. My team knows I've used Discord to liaise with Tripod for night vends which is why they were alarmed at what they perceive to be a possible mega gambit from scum on their last legs.

With Gamma being unresponsive I'm not sure my no yeet guaranteed tracker plan even works on the assumption Gamma remains afk from the forum. But no yeet could still prove something.

Say we don't choose to vote someone off and we all elect to go offline on 16/04. Which would be today. That way, we can confirm there were no quickly sneaking in night actions on the deadline day 17/04 before going offline for the night phase. Then we can see if the Tripod messages over Discord work or not. What do people think? That's the point of view I'm choosing to take for now, so today will be my deadline for being online. Don't think I can tangibly change my vote/unvote through Tripod DMs but if the point is to prove that night actions such as peach sends/peach abilities can be done entirely off the site through Discord, then this is the way to go.

Any further discussion at present time? If we all vote no yeet I assume that would force the day to end so I guess we should avoid that and let the day run its natural course if we are to follow the plan I've laid out. We can still try to achieve the guaranteed tracker plan too if no yeet two days in a row and we spread fruit optimally between Cakez/Gamma/Gypyx. Of course this assumes none of you three are scum which I seriously doubt at this point in time. But if my gut on S_S being town is correct this likely keeps the night kill away from them.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5810 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

Zaiden if we try that UT will not cooperate. It's not like he can't read what we're posting...
Why not just ask him outright?

@UT - can night actions be submitted on Discord alone?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #5811 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m here. I will try to form some clear thoughts on the game events but there’s something disturbing about Gypyx’s actions IMO. I feel like he pushed Noraa at a point where logic kinda dictated she shouldn’t be pushed. Someone in another game accidentally let slip Noraa’s alignment in this game. I kept my lips shut but held the knowledge still. Gypyx modded the game where that information bled out, but despite that I recall he tried to point suspicion her way after that slip-up occurred. So that’s why I was acting like a PR, was because I had something I couldn’t say effectively until the strings tying my mouth were cut.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5812 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Is Zaiden’s case against me literally all just speculation off of my radio silence??????
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5813 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5752, Gypyx wrote:
In post 5749, SirCakez wrote:I know Gamma pretty well and I don't think he'd use false-flaking as a tactic...
Wasn't he missing sitewide too?
he was missing site-wide yes

also for the record, when *i* forgot to vend peach, UT didn't even bother warning me and remind me of night actions, so really Zaiden that doesn't mean much, i actually think that UT reminding you of night actions kinda points towards you being scum, as the mod is generally gonna pay more attention to scum actions
This is a valid point about mod reminders
I could say more but it’s probably a rules breach to say the exact thing I have in mind. Just know I’m extra inclined to think scum would get preference.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5814 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

When exactly did Zaiden get reminded of his NA because the more recent it happened the worse it looks for him IMO
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5815 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5791, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5768, SirCakez wrote:It seems way outside of scumrange
Why

Isn't the entire thing just complaining about being scumread
With S_S here, what specifically makes it that way?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5816 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5803, Zaiden wrote:Going into tonight, we can agree on someone who will execute the final vote for whatever people choose on the 17th. Probably Gamma since we've confirmed they weren't present on Mafiascum.net during the night the kill happened. And have everyone go offline on the 16th, then not comment for 1-2 days when the game restarts, so we can play with the idea that actions can be sent to Unpod Tripod through Discord DMs. And therefore being offline on this site for the whole night doesn't necessarily say much about conf town or not. Regardless of the outcome, even if I end up being voted off, I want this proven so that a scum!Gamma doesn't get away with being in the clear for something I truly perceive as not a conf town thing. If people forget about it and it does not get confirmed, it's game winning for scum in the event where Gamma is scum who pulled off a huge gambit.
You’re really slitting your throat with Hanlon’s Razor here
Why is your first inclination that my inactivity is this massive ploy?
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5817 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by SirCakez »

What is hanlon's razor
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5818 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Yeah Zaidens insistence on doing this angleshooting is bothering me. It seems like he's trying to widen the elim pool.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5819 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5818, SirCakez wrote:It seems like he's trying to widen the elim pool.
yep
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5820 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5711, Zaiden wrote:I don't think it necessarily clears Gamma's slot. From what I've heard, you can turn yourself to be not seen online. My team's a bit on the fence. Hopkirk believes Gamma is telling the truth. But Hectic's really cautious and reckons Gamma could totally pull off a huge gambit to try and win the game. I'm pretty undecided myself. I'm down to no eliminate for now, follow through with the plan and see where it takes us.

If Cakez is on 4 peaches, with GE and Gypyx both on 2/3 peaches, we would be looking at 2 likely guaranteed trackers for scum to pick between going into tomorrow.
I don’t like how Zaiden’s logic flipped from “Gamma used invisible mode” to “Gamma sent action via Discord”, all while constantly pushing me
That sort of logical disconnect comes from scum much more often IMO
I’m inclined to hammer Zaiden this moment but want to allow myself time to review past game events. I should be around tomorrow before deadline at least, so that’s probably not a worry.
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5821 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5817, SirCakez wrote:What is hanlon's razor
@Gamma
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5822 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5817, SirCakez wrote:What is hanlon's razor
It’s the idea of not attributing ill intent to something when ignorance is a possible answer ("never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity", is the literal definition)
I’m stretching the meaning a bit but I’m saying he’s assumed I have some master plan when really I don’t. Sometimes inactivity/apathy has been my actual tactic, but it’s like, one out of 100 times I’d use it. It’s more reasonable to think whatever my alignment is, any inactivity is for legitimate reasons. I had an off-site game where I missed deadline for several game days, which ended up extending the lifespan of my team since they were frequently on the chopping block. I didn’t mean to be away at those times, but because it happened that way my team lasted long enough to get me the win (I think, maybe we could have won even with early losses). So like, the fact Zaiden assumes I’m deliberately attempting to pull the wool over everyone is kinda awful. My first guess would be he’s scum trying to apply scum motives he could come up with for his own behavior in a similar situation.
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5823 (ISO) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

ok that makes a lot of sense
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5824 (ISO) » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:45 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 5810, SirCakez wrote:Zaiden if we try that UT will not cooperate. It's not like he can't read what we're posting...
Why not just ask him outright?

@UT - can night actions be submitted on Discord alone?
Yes.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”