Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #7200 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 7197, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7164, MathBlade wrote:I love making powers subvert expectations.

There was a chance Nancy got a fake guilty if she woulda hit rolestopped town. That woulda been wowza.
How? I had a strongwilled disloyal vigshot? It bypasses everything including rolestopper and especially bus drivers. Strongwilled means nothing can bypass it no?
Strongwilled should bypass busdriver.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7201 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

There was a chance Nancy got a fake guilty if she woulda hit rolestopped town. That woulda been wowza.
How? I had a strongwilled disloyal vigshot? It bypasses everything including rolestopper and especially bus drivers. Strongwilled means nothing can bypass it no?
Strongman bypasses roleblocks/rolestops
Strongwilled bypasses redirection.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #7202 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7198, Alisae wrote:
In post 7192, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7145, Alisae wrote:Koba's result was based on Math giving War and Peace information on how to fakeclaim Gunsmith with their results and they included the name of the target in their post. I went with this since this sets precedent for Koba's result which is why they got Toogeloo specifically mentioned in their result.

I probably modded this poorly but luckily MathBlade is a based co-mod and this might have fallen apart if not for them, idunno.

I didn't read the game but I know that these setups shouldn't have masons anymore and I highly suggest that they shouldn't for anyone who wants to run this style of game. It makes gameplay awful.
But the masonry is hands down the best part of the game, it’s my favourite town role.
but what about for the people who aren't masons and are mafia
It honestly didn’t bother me when I was scum, it was the excess of damning and unbalanced TPR in that game I took issue with.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #7203 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Titus!

Good game my friend!
I'm not sorry we rolled you though ;)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7204 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 7202, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 7145, Alisae wrote:Koba's result was based on Math giving War and Peace information on how to fakeclaim Gunsmith with their results and they included the name of the target in their post. I went with this since this sets precedent for Koba's result which is why they got Toogeloo specifically mentioned in their result.

I probably modded this poorly but luckily MathBlade is a based co-mod and this might have fallen apart if not for them, idunno.

I didn't read the game but I know that these setups shouldn't have masons anymore and I highly suggest that they shouldn't for anyone who wants to run this style of game. It makes gameplay awful.
But the masonry is hands down the best part of the game, it’s my favourite town role.
It honestly didn’t bother me when I was scum, it was the excess of damning and unbalanced TPR in that game I took issue with.
ok but objectively its really oppressive to play against and as a villager nothing you do matters if you can just sheep someone who has more information than you
GTKAS
| here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7205 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

A majority of the setup was built around scum being able to true claim a lot and giving lots of room for day play like Titus wanted
But giving a back door to invests but with controls to make sure not too many.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7206 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7201, MathBlade wrote:

I don’t understand, how could I possibly get a fake guilty on RS’d town and there wasn’t even a strongman in the setup.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7207 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Vanilla cop was limited by vanillizer, so if scum got nilla’d room to hide and roles were low power to not be too penalizing
Vanillizer is also a scummy role so gave scum a miselim
If scum just Busdrive it then have to be careful who gets revealed as inno
Or could bus drive their goon for a gambit
Day vig could be claimed with night skip as a balance.
There was a lot here that didn’t get played with
#sadMathy
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7208 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7206, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

I don’t understand, how could I possibly get a fake guilty on RS’d town and there wasn’t even a strongman in the setup.
Fake inno
Wrong word my bad.

Shoot scum.
Scum didn’t die because town rolestopper them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7209 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7204, Alisae wrote:
In post 7202, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

ok but objectively its really oppressive to play against and as a villager nothing you do matters if you can just sheep someone who has more information than you
I have yet to play as a villager but tbh, unless the town stump is playing like FL, I still think I’d really enjoy that but if I had to do it over, probably wait and take at least one strongwilled loyal neighbourize > mason because then you guarantee your choices and don’t have to stress about hiding your masons.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7210 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Alisae »

idunno what mathblade is saying about their setup, but I went with this because I hate giving towns power and I don't see why I should be giving towns lots of power in a site meta where towns are better than mafia teams.
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7211 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7208, MathBlade wrote:
In post 7206, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

Fake inno
Wrong word my bad.

Shoot scum.
Scum didn’t die because town rolestopper them.
Are you absolutely sure strongwilled doesn’t bypass rolestop, because had Krazy not died, that would have messed up the entire game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7212 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Alisae »

When I make these more balanced setups the first draft is usually one where town power is usually pretty low and usually town needs a bit more power.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7213 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 7211, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you absolutely sure strongwilled doesn’t bypass rolestop, because had Krazy not died, that would have messed up the entire game.
Yes
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7214 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7210, Alisae wrote:idunno what mathblade is saying about their setup, but I went with this because I hate giving towns power and I don't see why I should be giving towns lots of power in a site meta where towns are better than mafia teams.
So had you modded Pooky vs FL, we might actually have won.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7215 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 7213, Alisae wrote:
In post 7211, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Are you absolutely sure strongwilled doesn’t bypass rolestop, because had Krazy not died, that would have messed up the entire game.
Yes
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ong-Willed
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7216 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7215, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Yes
Rip good thing that happened.
Those used to be two separate things.

Man I am old.
Thanks for correcting me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7217 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

Facepalm sorry! Fail mod.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Alisae »

I read doesn't as does.
Your action cannot be stopped nancy. I should have added in stopped or redirected and thats an oversight but it cannot be stopped or redirected and thats how it would function
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Yes
Strong-Willed
Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked.
However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Some moderators will ambiguously use this to mean that the strong-willed player cannot be recruited (by Cult, Neighborizer, and so forth). If you are not sure, consult with the moderator.

Strong-Willed is not to be confused with Strongman.

Use and Power
Strong-Willed is usually incorporated for thematic purposes, or to specifically counter a particular role (like Strongman is). However, in practice it does not make a very large difference.
It says here it can’t be roleblocked, so I assume that also applies to rolestop as well.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

Your role pm tells you everything about how your role should function.
I might actually write something on MD about how I've been writing role pms because its a process that I've optimized.
GTKAS
| here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #7221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7219, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
Yes
Strong-Willed
Strong-Willed is a role modifier; it usually means that the player's abilities cannot be redirected or Roleblocked.
However, any result that may be attained can still be tampered with by roles that alter informational results, such as Framer. In short, it greatly increases the chance of the player's ability working like the player wants it to.

Some moderators will ambiguously use this to mean that the strong-willed player cannot be recruited (by Cult, Neighborizer, and so forth). If you are not sure, consult with the moderator.

Strong-Willed is not to be confused with Strongman.

Use and Power
Strong-Willed is usually incorporated for thematic purposes, or to specifically counter a particular role (like Strongman is). However, in practice it does not make a very large difference.
It says here it can’t be roleblocked, so I assume that also applies to rolestop as well.
Literally just admitted the derp.
Please don’t rub it in Nancy you’re right.
It used to be a long time ago, strongman was for roleblocks and BP
And strongwilled was just redirection.
It’s since changed to be strongman is the same but strongwilled is anything except BP,

Sorry again
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #7222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

The idea behind reading my role pms is simple tho.

Everything before a ":" is a condition that needs to be fulfilled to activate the ability: Everything before a ";" and after a ":" is a cost but usually amounts to "target someone"; everything after a ";" indicates what you're actually doing.
For example with Koba
During the night: You can target 1 other player; learn if they are Vanilla (Vanilla Town or Mafia Goon), Non-Vanilla, or get No-Result.

for Italiano
During the night: Target 1 other player; if they are not a Mason or Vanilla Townie/Mafia Goon, turn them into a Vanilla Townie/Mafia Goon.
If you do not submit a target: I will RNG a target for you.

for Fey
Once per game and during the day: You may skip the next night phase.

for kidamn
On even nights: You can target 1 other player; any actions performed on them will fail.
GTKAS
| here.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #7223 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I posted that before I saw you both responding to the link. My intention was not to “rub anything in” but because had we lost due to fake inno on Krazy, the entire course of the game could have been wrongy altered, so I needed to make sure that strongwilled was exactly what I thought it was.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #7224 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by mastina »

This is clearly a game that I 1v9'd in, obviously; town clearly won because of my stellar contributions. Obviously.

:shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”