Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Some flavor wasn't publicly available, so for the completionists:

Spoiler: PT headers (hydra and notes)
Bell (Leena) notes PT (The Musings of Leena):

Leena always seems to be thinking far more than she says aloud. Observation, aura-sensing, there's plenty to consider here that might be best left unvoiced to the group at large.

Kitty Trauma Team (Joshua Donovan) hydra PT (Interdimensional Limbo):

Activating Rheticus' Compass without knowing how to turn it off sure did provide lots of time for you to think. And practice talking to yourself. Even in a crowd of people here, sometimes it's nice to have a space to return to those
days
weeks
years of being the only voice in the room. Might help you sort your thoughts out away from the hubbub.

MathBlade (Jane Lattimer) notes PT (Memos of a Guardian):

Heavy is the wrist that wears the Guardianship. And you really didn't think there's be this much need for paperwork. Endless wonder, your ass.

Spoiler: Dead Thread Invites
mastina (Sally Stukowski) dead thread invite:

There's a moment of stillness as you feel the Bronzing process take over your body. But just as the last cold finger solidifies, you feel yourself blink, lifting out of the Sally Stukowski statue. You blink again, and everything goes black.

A third blink, and you open your eyes to a fluorescently lit ceiling. The sudden pressure at your temple eases, and a figure in a jumpsuit moves in and out of your field of vision. "You can sit up now, Agent. How are you feeling?"

"I..." You pause, as your true memories coalesce. "Oh shit, that jackass Paul in IT is never going to let me live this down, is he."

The VR technician shrugs. "Sorry you didn't last long, but at least there should be plenty of snacks left in the conference room if you want to watch the rest of the exercise play out."
She taps a few places on the screen in front of her and nods. "You're clear to go."

sangres (Amanda Lattimer) dead thread invite:

Stretched out on a patch of dirt, you're just falling asleep when a trio of shadowy figures surrounds you. Caught off-guard, you don't even have time to yelp before they've bundled you off and tossed you into the Bronzing machine. You pound on the door, but no one seems to hear before the cold seeps in, rendering you in solid metal.

As the dark swamps out the shadows, you hear a whispered voice, sounding like it's coming from the other end of a long tunnel:

Word on the Street is
Bourbon don't make you smile now
Told you: don't worry

How bout a nice gift
A trident as offering
To you tomorrow?

Anyway enough of that...I was a bit wary of your 2082 considering you never got the opportunity to put into words what your reservations were, but this is all that I can do to ensure that I'm on the level here, and considering mastina's flip I'm pushing any paranoia of you away:

I'm Myka (as I've crumbed all over the thread)
VT; started with Farnsworth (as I've also crumbed in my first post)

The voice fades, and as it falls silent, the darkness begins to lighten. You blink (your eyelids move?) to see a stark ceiling and bright light above you. A tech fusses with a computer screen at the side of your reclined chair. "Welcome back to the 23rd century. A bit less dusty here, innit? Stay still for a minute, I'm getting the final readings for your report."

"Our reports are never that long, are they," you observe ruefully, memories filling in again.

"Hey, some people would kill to be popular like you--remember that bloke in Kinshasa last year?"

"Fair. Screens broadcasting the next game phase yet?"

"Down the hall, usual spot. I'll finish this up and you're all set."

Kitty Trauma Team (Joshua Donovan) dead thread invite:

You were sleeping peacefully, content that an enemy had been eliminated. Visions of equations and sisters danced in your head.

ZAP!

A shock goes through you--someone shot you! Why does this feel familiar...

Your heels bounce along the ground as your assailant drags you over to the Bronzing machine. 'Oh, shit,' is all you have time to think before you're tossed in, and what little feeling you had dissolves into a metallic chill.

Blink. Blink. You open your eyes not to the night sky of the Dakotas but a buzzing fluorescent light. A technician turns away. "You're fine to move now; I've unstrapped you," he says. "Wasn't expecting to have two of you come out just yet."

"What happened? How...oh. Right. Not really Tesla'd this time." The technician snorts.

"You remember that snag-and-bag you went on eight months ago in Lisbon? And how that self-styled Agent 'War Wizard' zapped you trying to take out the robber?" You nod, with a sense of dread. "Well, it would seem history repeats itself. Maybe try not to get assigned to his team on your next foray out?"

"I let him off with a drink last time; I think he gets to do some of my paperwork for this one."

"That sounds quite appropriate. You're cleared to head down to the conference room in the meantime. Enjoy the show!"

DrippingGoofball (Mrs. Frederic's Bodyguard) dead thread invite:

You close your eyes when the metal spreads to your face. Hard and unyielding, all is still.

Until the air pressure around your face changes once more. You find yourself able to crack open your eyes, and reality returns with a rush when you see the sterile lights above you.

The technician puts a hand on your shoulder and helps you sit up. "Feeling all right? Readings all look fine here."

"I think so. I remember the last time I was in here after our trip to Beirut went sideways." Stretching your neck, you ask, "Good enough?"

"I'd say so. Go ahead and join the others in the viewing room, Agent. Still lots more of the exercise to go. And tell Director Zhang they owe me 15,000 rupees now."

Lady Lambdadelta (Abigail Chow) dead thread invite:

Sleep doesn't come easily on a dusty plain. But knowing that someone has your back does help, allowing you to eventually drift off.

The clink of a pebble skittering off a rock is your only warning before three blurry figures hoist you off the ground. Before you can react, you're away from the group, and their destination is clear: the Bronzing machine. Somehow, you're pretty sure they aren't going to be willing to talk this out. As they toss you in and latch the door, you think one of them almost looks familiar...

But then, even as you squint for a better look, everything goes cold and black. Your eyelids stop fluttering, too heavy in their newly Bronzed form. And then they start again as the scene shifts, leaving a dim light before you that grows into the industrial lighting of the monitoring bay.

A technician shines a light in your eyes despite your grumble of protest. "Everything where it should be in your brain, Agent?"

"Close enough that I remember why I avoid getting physicals when you're on duty. Do we have an Artifact that would grow you a bedside manner?"

"Sure, but then I'd speak exclusively in ancient Greek. Not great for sending notes to the insurance companies or our superiors." You sit up, your neck just slightly stiff. "You're clear to head down to the conference room. I'll bet your arrival will shake up the spectators."

SirCakez (James MacPherson) dead thread invite:

Cold. Still. Ten seconds in, and you can remember why being Bronzed was so hellacious. But there's no screaming here, no railing against the world except in your head.

Except.

Blink. And blink again. The prairie melts away, and you see the cross-beams of a laboratory ceiling take over your vision. "...and right. Here I am again."

The technician monitoring your brain waves presses a few buttons, and a machine powers down to your right. "Welcome back. Better run than the last go-round, eh?"

You run a hand through your hair in frustration. "Not how I planned though. Sometimes these exercises just...ugh."

With a sympathetic smile, he says, "Yeah, I'm glad they don't make us do this on our side of things. Too much for my nerves. And I'll take the real world any day anyways. I think you agree, Mr. 'I saved the world twice last year and finally tracked down the very elusive blue and black dress Artifact' Hotshot?"

"White and gold dress," you correct him automatically. "Okay, I'll take the pep talk, thanks. Now I hear this year's snack buffet is supposed to be particularly scrumptious?"

Bell (Leena) dead thread invite:

As you settle down for the night, secure in the knowledge that you helped eliminate two enemies, you don't pay much attention to those setting out their own bedrolls on either side of you. Silence descends upon the plain, and with visions of Bronzing another villain in the morning, you're almost asleep when...

In fluid coordination, the two figures to your left and right leap up, also not yet asleep, and bundle you away. It's only a dozen steps to the Bronzing machine, and by the time your shock paralysis wears off, you're at the threshold. They shove you in, and you catch yourself on the far wall of the booth. You don't even have time to turn around before the chill of the metal sets in. Staring at a blank wall: not how you prefer to spend your time. You can't even blink. But.

Blink. The world fades. Blink. Everything brightens. Blink.

A laboratory ceiling. Your proper memories settle into place. After a short coughing fit, you attract the attention of one of the milling technicians. She comes over and turns off the various monitors attached to your recliner. "Well, rumor has it you had an eventful run in there this time."

"Yeah, at least I didn't draw something boring like vanilla cop. Would have liked to make it a bit longer, but I'm hoping what I gave Agent Spiffeh shakes things up some more in my wake."

"Wake. Ha. Okay, on that note I'm sending you down to the observation room. If you're punning, you're clearly a danger to us poor defenseless lab techs. Go bother your fellow agents and your bosses, if you dare."

Exchanging grins, you and the tech go your separate ways. Until the next training exercise.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i am psychologically incapable of playing scum apparently
beefycheese
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by notscience »

I say this in the dead pt but me javelin throwing was to get the “scum would be stupid to do this so he has to be town”

And I now realize why that’s a bad idea
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m glad if I had to suffer I had Bork to suffer with
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

masons having an artifact stockpile themselves probably should've been public knowledge imo but whatever, game was won w/ dayplay anyway
beefycheese
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Bell »

GG.

Sorry Math, DGB. I misread you both.

I have no redactions if you want to release my notes PT, if not that's fine too.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Bell »

Happy scumday Bork.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

thanks!
beefycheese
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Prism »

This, uh, this was a game.

I had one good read, didn't get in the way of Cakez, and bailed on the other good read to throw my hands up and say "Whatever" Day 4.

Had some fun w/ the town squad, had some "wanna throw my computer in the black hole" with the town squad.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Prism »

I still feel so bad for DGB, I misread it two games in a row and it STILL BLAMED ITSELF

AT SOME POINT I'M JUST BAD DGB IT'S OK TO SAY IT
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i was squidward looking through the window at the town squad
beefycheese
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by notscience »

I genuinely enjoyed you this game prism
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Prism »

pooky ez town mvp though

what a game from the bear
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by notscience »

Those 3 cop shots
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Bell »

We can have that convo Math.
Last day of vacation tomorrow.

Yup, Pooky had good reads.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Gg I don’t get why DGB gets scumread

Still salty about a few things but I think it’s the Aspie in me.

Please don’t release notes PT thanks.

And yeah...

Scumread for having a job sucks.

I will just stick to replacing in prolly.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4712, Prism wrote:pooky ez town mvp though

what a game from the bear
100% agreed there.

I almost fake claimed mason with him to save him from Titus tunnel.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by sangres »

Prism, for one brief day, this is the game I've wanted to play with you since Dystopia.

I died happy for that, at least!

bork, I went back through your iso on night 1 and convinced myself you were town. and then I read your farnsworth message and bought it all. I feel like it might have been to town's benefit that I died N1! Or, maybe I would have come back around to scumreading with another day's worth of posts.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

cakez trash talk motivated me like nothing else <3 love you buddy

town played absolutely stellar the whole way, mathblade & prism got my back so hard <3

Thanks to our wonderful mods - the flavor is great and I should definitely watch this show :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Bell »

@Spiffeh.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh and sorry for outting myself as mason. I fucked up there. I also misread a negative ability effect and thought me handing the knife to Spiffeh would result in an immediate announcement instead of an announcement next day phase.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Prism »

I mean I obviously wish I didn't abandon my GreyICE read just because he disappeared but alas, working myself into paranoid frenzies is what I do
penguin_alien wrote:I didn't specify that they [artifacts] couldn't be passed because I didn't think people would blind-pass potential game power to a player of unknown alignment Night 0.
I'm actually really glad you didn't expect this; wondering how you'd react to this was half the reason I did it. I understood completely that the flavor would likely be NAI, but I realized that the Trident was very weak and really brainstormed to find interesting ways to use it. I was really pleased with the result-it was half of why I was universally townread-even though the argument with Math was mutually tilting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm really happy I wound up connecting so much with Bell this game, glad I found a new dad who could teach me to smoke meats, and yes, Day 1 was quite fun ffery and I was sad to see you dead.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Prism »

[quote="kuribo"]https://i.ibb.co/c3RR3DX/725860-E0-9732 ... 253-BE.jpg[/url]100% true lmfao, I was always 2nd/3rd but Day 4 I reallyembraced my role as the new MathBlade with open arms

in my defense uh, I was trying to give the game CPR only to discover it was all fruitless and probably just shut the game out even more RIP
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4721, Prism wrote:I mean I obviously wish I didn't abandon my GreyICE read just because he disappeared but alas, working myself into paranoid frenzies is what I do
penguin_alien wrote:I didn't specify that they [artifacts] couldn't be passed because I didn't think people would blind-pass potential game power to a player of unknown alignment Night 0.
I'm actually really glad you didn't expect this; wondering how you'd react to this was half the reason I did it. I understood completely that the flavor would likely be NAI, but I realized that the Trident was very weak and really brainstormed to find interesting ways to use it. I was really pleased with the result-it was half of why I was universally townread-even though the argument with Math was mutually tilting.
I have done a similar gambit to that as scum.

Done something that has zero equity for scum but for town a tiny one and townfirm myself.

I am paranoid of anyone saying they should be townread for bad flavor logic.

Pedit I just hated d1 probably with a passion.

Being scumread for no reason then not being able to defend myself without posting causes increased post count which people get mad over which nothing you can do then people get mad and don’t listen no matter what which causes more anger because people don’t listen so the big lesson is just never RVS :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”