Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4725 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4718, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cakez trash talk motivated me like nothing else <3 love you buddy

town played absolutely stellar the whole way, mathblade & prism got my back so hard <3

Thanks to our wonderful mods - the flavor is great and I should definitely watch this show :3
Pooky MVP
Pooky MVP
Pooky MVP

If you ever doubt repeat that
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4726 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

rofl battle mage was our missing one shot vig roflorlrlfoflfoflolf you cant make this up
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4727 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Post by Prism »

He literally could have just claimed the artifact+vig and probably not been voted lmfao
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4728 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Prism »

I mean I guess he didn't get voted with the claim he did make

All's well that ends well
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4729 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 4697, penguin_alien wrote:Battle Mage uses Tesla (vig shot) on Kitty Trauma Team: success, Kitty Trauma Team is Bronzed

I tunneled on scum all of day one and this was the thanks I got
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4730 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:31 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 4709, Prism wrote:I still feel so bad for DGB, I misread it two games in a row and it STILL BLAMED ITSELF

AT SOME POINT I'M JUST BAD DGB IT'S OK TO SAY IT
The lesson I have learned here is that my mountains out of a molehill tell has netted me scum on day one 4 out of my last four town games

I have also learned that being nice to people and making cases and spending time laying out my reads gets me nowhere and I should just scream about murder at people instead*

I also continue my twelve plus years streak of having never ever misread DGB.

*no really I literally spent two hours writing those deep dives explaining my town reads, correctly identified a scum, correctly identified the majority of the town, didn't call anyone an inbred pig fucker, and got vigged for my efforts

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4731 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 4730, kuribo wrote:I also continue my twelve plus years streak of having never ever misread DGB.

EBWOP oh god it's actually going on fourteen years now

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4732 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Prism »

The responses to me+lengthy dives into Titus instantly shot you into locktown status imo, without trying to beat up on BM I think it was unfortunate and those were absolutely worth the bang for your buck
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4733 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by Prism »

It's actually cool how we all had bits of the puzzle this Day 2-4, a piece with me, a piece with Spiffeh, a piece with MB, and then at some point Detective Pooky did his best Adrian Monk impression and put all of them together
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4734 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by kuribo »

Oh I'm just playing it up a bit, I'm not actually salty about getting vigged.

I told Mala after the mastina flip that we'd be in the hot seat even though I was still 100% sure about Cakez. But as I specifically said, I can't read mastina well enough when she's scum. And she knows it. So I figured someone else would catch her if she was.

BM spared me the indignity of having to defend the correct opinion of Cakescum. And frankly, while I consider myself extremely easy to read, I know there are people on this site who will tell you quickly that they can't read me. Easier just to shoot me.

Not to mention sparing me having to be a part of whatever the town was doing when it elimmed DGB. I'd have traded my own life gladly for DGB's, that's how strongly I was townreading it by the end of day 2.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4735 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by kuribo »

I want to start a series of seminars entitled: "How to read emotion on mafia's cum dot net," or "Emotional outbursts are not always scum driven." Neither is defeatism for that matter. And emotionally manipulative scum theatre doesn't happen nearly as often as anyone thinks.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4736 (ISO) » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Post by kuribo »

I had fun playing with everyone involved here, and I really enjoyed the moderation too.

P_a and cabd, I'd actually consider playing in another game y'all modded. That's pretty high praise from someone that plays like once a year. The moderation was crisp, the setup while complicated never felt poorly explained to me, the atmosphere was as far from toxic as one can get. I enjoyed it.

Prism, I don't think we've played together much if at all, but I enjoyed your presence.

BM, god it's probably been ten years since we played together. I remember I'm pretty sure I was scum with you in like my first or second scum game. Always a pleasure. I'm not actually mad at getting vigged, I just have to keep kayfabe.

Mathblade, god damn do I wish I had your drive to win. Like holy shit dude, if a game could be won solely on effort, you'd have won on night one.

Mastina, my fellow harbinger of the end days, always a pleasure.

Tammy and Nacho and ffery it's been a while since I've played with the three of you, and I missed it. I forgot how much fun it could be.

Mala, don't worry, we'll hydra again. Kitty Trauma team is just too great a hydra name to throw away.

Pooky, my fuzzy friend, it's so much fun playing with you. I'm so glad you're back.

Spiffeh will always and forever be one of my favorite town players. Spiff has been good for years.

bork, your scum game was pretty on point. You sat back and watched when you needed to and you jumped in when you needed to. Once you got settled, I mean.

Cakez, you're super fun to play with and you played a good game. I already told you in the dead PT that your scum head can go somewhere nice.

notscience: we didn't get to play together because you were a late replacement but the irony of elimming you again would have been pretty funny, you gotta admit. You played a good scum game too.

Dunnstral, I only wish we had interacted more. You're a very capable town player but I can understand if this game was hard to engage.

DGB, I love you dearly and I don't think you should be down on yourself because you've had a few bad games. Once upon a time, you and I Serened together and you helped me rediscover my love for the whimsy of mafia. Hit me up anytime and I'll try to return the favor by Serening with you again. Oh and I'm still gonna hot you up when I'm ready to run my Chaos Mod games.

Bell, we talked in the dead PT, but I didn't mention how generally impressed I was with your play in this game.

@LLD, @Grey, @Titus: I empathize with the personal stuff you're going through, even if I don't know the details, and I send all my positive vibes and energy your way. Stay safe and healthy please. Always and forever if you need a sympathetic ear, I'm a good listener.

@LLD in particular, I still deeply regret the hurtful things I said in this thread. You are actually one of my favorites to play with and I had no business saying what I said.

Thanks again for the game, everyone, both mods and players.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4737 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

Good games guys.
It was well played by both sides.

I low key wish I was in the game longer but life goes on

Kuribo thank you for being such a great hydra partner

(I’m ok with releasing our PT if K is)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4738 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4718, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cakez trash talk motivated me like nothing else <3 love you buddy

town played absolutely stellar the whole way, mathblade & prism got my back so hard <3

Thanks to our wonderful mods - the flavor is great and I should definitely watch this show :3
<3 <3 that was my goal

I'm gonna write up a Paperback Writer nom for Penguin later because holy shit. The flavor writing this game, wow!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #4739 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

I liked this game and playerlist a lot it was very chill ^.^
Even my (faked) beef with Pooky felt like it never got anywhere past just playing Mafia
I love all of you!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4740 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:58 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Thanks penguin and Cabd for modding I had fun and it was refreshing to have a green role PM!

Pooky MVP for sure, I should have just sheeped him from the start <3

I'm sorry for posting pretty much nothing of substance beyond Day 2, I had a good time this game but it's definitely not the right time for me to be playing mafia at the moment

I ADORED this playerlist overall but Bell, Prism, and Tammy I thoroughly appreciated all of you this game, you guys kept me sane, I felt seen and understood by all of you and you helped keep my head in the game longer than it probably would have been without your presences.

Also SirCakez you had me completely fooled from start to finish, I feel like this is the best scum game I've ever seen from you so great job :)
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4741 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 4736, kuribo wrote:Spiffeh will always and forever be one of my favorite town players. Spiff has been good for years.
I was devastated when you and sangres died Night 1 it was literally worse case scenario in terms of my reads ;_;

You're one of my favorite players to play with too <3
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4742 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:35 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Wait Battle Mage wasn't actually a miller wtf?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4743 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Bell »

In post 4722, Prism wrote:I'm really happy I wound up connecting so much with Bell this game, glad I found a new dad who could teach me to smoke meats, and yes, Day 1 was quite fun ffery and I was sad to see you dead.
Same, I'm glad we could get along. :]
I do wanna make clear that I'm pretty distant with players until I think they're town. I just keep people at arm's length until I feel like I have a solid read on them.

@Spiffeh: BM was a miller. When he killed KTT he became a miller as the downside of the shot was that if he hit town he would become a miller with a positive guncheck if there was a gunsmith. He claimed the negative aspect of his role as his full role instead. He pretty much just omitted that he was a VT with an 1-shot artifact that he used night 1.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #4744 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Ah ok I can't read, thanks
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4745 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Bell »

In post 4744, Spiffeh wrote:Ah ok I can't read, thanks
Same. :oops:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4746 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Titus »

Good game everyone. Sorry my real life started impacting about the time of d2. I'm not sure when it will stop, but not for the foreseeable future.

I think I am just going to play one or two games at a time as I don't want to retire completely.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4747 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I knew Titus was going through shit so I ironically didn’t want to tunnel her

<3 hugs
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4748 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I was pretty on the mark this game.

I wanted to kill Bork and Cakez, said I would kill Mastina and purposefully didn't town read my husband because he gave me nothing to read.

As far as claiming mason day 1 goes I felt very successful in what I cultivated and pushed town towards as a result.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4749 (ISO) » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Only regret was DGB but that role claim was...
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”