Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 24, Isis wrote:
In post 20, Cook wrote:XXXX has revealed to you they are a member of the Town!
When you actually run the game, changing the pronoun to be specific is a nice touch if you can manage it. MS games get a little more character than botbased games on other sites due to things like that.

The Personal modifier isn't in the Traitor's role PM. It should be in the mafia's role PM and the Traitor's role PM (omitting a modifier isn't a moderator lie for the mafia to learn, but we want to maximize scum power here).

I can't remember whether rolecops see modifiers or not. I think they don't? So that part wouldn't change.
I just keep messing up the role PMs. Should probably sit down and slap some sense into myself.

Welcome! You are a
Mafia Informed Traitor Personal Rolestopper.

• Use your social deception skills and your vote to further the Mafia's goals.
• Your Mafia partners are XXXX and XXXX.
As you are a Traitor, your partners know you exist, but not who you are. You will not be granted access to the Mafia Private Topic. The Mafia's kill will work on you normally — you cannot be recruited.

• At night you may send me the name of a player.
• Any actions taken against your chosen target that are not factional will fail.
• You are in addition informed of the following:
Your partners have the roles Role Cop and Informed Fruit Vendor. There is one Doctor in the game.

You win once the Mafia reach an unopposable voting majority.
If you are the last remaining Mafia member, you will surrender and the Mafia will lose.
The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role and alignment.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh I see you got the personal part correct in the first take of the informed fruit vendor.

I think that's everything on roles and and results PMs, looks good.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Post by Cook »

Flavor and rules next?

Any guidelines for those?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:49 am

Post by Isis »

Rules usually get reviewed yes. There's some flexibility ( some mods can ban gifs, some may not). But there are some bounds that get checked.

Flavor usually isn't reviewed. Normal games are supposed to have reduced flavor but face to face mafia flavor should be okay for a normal.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Cook »

Draft One

Boring and Long Rules List
  1. MafiaScum rules.
    Follow them. They take precedence over these.
  2. Mod communication.
    Don’t quote it, especially private ones. That means role PMs.
  3. Private communication.
    Only use the threads I provide. Don’t PM other players, use other PTs for talking about this game, or use any other medium to communicate about the game to other players. I’m fine if you mention the votecount.
  4. Games.
    You’re playing this one. Play to win it.
  5. Cryptography.
    I don’t like it. Don’t hash your posts or use a Caesarean cypher or anything like that.
  6. Small text.
    Don’t use it. Anything smaller than the Small size will get bumped up in size, except for tags.
  7. I don’t play dice.
    You shouldn’t, either, at least, provably. Provable RNG is prohibited.
  8. My mod color is
    #0FBF15, bold.
    You may use colors similar to it, however, using the color itself isn’t neat.
  9. My flavor color
    is
    #888888, italicized
    . This will denote information that is not necessary to read to play the game, but will improve your immersion should you read it.
  10. After death
    you are permitted one contentless bah post. Posting content in a bah post, making multiple bah posts, or bahposting in PTs will get you warned and the bah censored.
  11. Any questions?
    Ask.
Ballot Counting
  1. VOTE: Cook
    or VOTE: Cook to cast. UNVOTE: or
    UNVOTE:
    without a name on the inside is fine, same with including the vote name. You may use nicknames or shortenings, so long as it’s clear who you’re referring to
  2. If I think it counts, it counts.
    If I can’t tell who you’re referring to, it won’t.
  3. Flips by simple majority.
    Once majority is reached, no new or changed votes will be permitted.
  4. You may cast a vote for no-flip.
Deadlines and Timing
  1. Days last
    seven
    days, nights last
    two
    , with the exception of the first day, which lasts

2. Once a hammer vote has been cast, we enter a phase of Twilight, in which you may continue posting until the flip happens.
  3. Any posts made post-flip will be redacted.
  4. Unusual to me, even if I am watching the thread when hammer occurs, it is guaranteed to last one hour.

5. Days will end faster if a hammer happens.
  6. Nights will end faster if all night actors are finished and a majority of non-actors ask to nightskip.
Prods, Replacements, and Activity
  1. Prods will be issued every 72 hours without game-advancing content. Even something as simple as “Cook is scum” or “Let’s vote Cook” counts as advancing content.
  2. If you are prodded, you have 24 hours to respond or I will search for a replacement.
  3. If you are prodded 3 times throughout the game, I’ll search for a replacement.
  4. If you are on V/LA, instead, I will poke you every 72 hours. Two pokes is a prod.
The Setup

I can guarantee the following:
  • This setup follows Normal guidelines for roles.
  • There is only
    one scumteam.
    This scumteam is the
    Mafia.

• Any PT will have
    daytalk.

• Scum are
    multitasking.

• Flavor has no effect on the game.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Isis »

Any posts made post-flip will be redacted.
I'm assuming this means when you post "implosion has died, he was a Vanilla Townie, Night 1 has begun", if someone posts right after that, you'll redact the post. I don't mind putting that as a rule, but you will have access to the "lock topic" button when you mod your game, and I strongly recommend using that button to make the rule impossible to break. You can even lock the thread and continue making official posts yourself (by clicking the word "lock" where the word "reply" used to be, or the quote button works as usual also). This helps with cases where even a responsible player could be 5 pages behind reading the game and post something they wanted to comment on, not knowing that the game is in night.

You can keep the rule as an explanation of what will happen in a contingency where you forget to lock the thread, and someone who knows the game is in night and knows better posts anyway. But with good moderation that contingency should be very rare.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Isis »

Nights will end faster if all night actors are finished and a majority of non-actors ask to nightskip
Oh also this Not Ok.
Nightskips have to be voted for unanimously.
They can generate role information otherwise, from player who point out they missed the nightskip vote.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Isis »

i don't see any other issues
"Well, I..."
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Cook »

In post 31, Isis wrote:
Nights will end faster if all night actors are finished and a majority of non-actors ask to nightskip
Oh also this Not Ok.
Nightskips have to be voted for unanimously.
They can generate role information otherwise, from player who point out they missed the nightskip vote.
alright, updating it to read "Nights will end faster if all players vote to nightskip."
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Cook »

With that, are we through the process?

That was entertaining. I should design more setups.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:38 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah looks like my other comment was nonbinding advisement. So your game is approved.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”