The List - Winner revealed!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 260, Silverclaw wrote:Alright jury, I don't care about ither of you as much as I care about
me
. The person who gives me the better reasons for how I'm so great will win my jury vote! :P

Yes, someone had to be "the salty juror". Yes, even in this XD.
Silver, without you no one would ever be able to find the hot dog buns.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 261, xofelf wrote:Followup, what's your favourite kind of salt?
Flaky finishing salt!

Or, is that not what you meant?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 262, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Challenge time!

I don't really feel like giving a question related to LSGs at all, so here's a Scattergories list!
Spoiler: the list

Please fill this out in 120 seconds, and if your list is better than the other person's list, you'll get my vote!
I will also do this tomorrow even though I don't know this game
GTKAMURDERCAT

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 276, MURDERCAT wrote:
Flaky finishing salt!

Or, is that not what you meant?
That is exactly what I meant <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 263, Save The Dragons wrote:how did i specifically affect your game if at all
I got info about what you were doing in F6 from xof, which is why I felt like I could approach you for a deal in F4. While we chatted a bit early on, I didn't want to get too close to you because I didn't want to reveal you weren't super high on my list (as there were others I was very close to). Once those allies were gone I knew I wanted to work with you!
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 265, Raya36 wrote:Who knew coming up with questions would be so hard :lol:

This is basically my first lsg, so could each of you give me a piece of constructive criticism based on your interactions with me?

What's your favourite animal? (saying wolf =/= brownie points)
Talking with you was an absolute pleasure! I don't know if you talked to everyone like we did but if you did I think you have a social game to rival Noraa :D

Turning relationships into deals is what kept me alive, and could have helped you the round you went out (it's why I saved xof instead of you).

As for favorite animal, mine is elephants :)
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 268, xofelf wrote:*gasp* I wasn't first on your list once? Friendship ended with MURDERCAT, Xalxe is my new best friend now.
Jumble had saved me and I knew someone else would have saved you, whereas Jumble wouldn't have as many friends. Sadly Jumble left too soon as I wasn't able to do well that round.
GTKAMURDERCAT

racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by racefan12 »

MURDERCAT was like "yo we should put Ceph low" but I was always gonna do that because you'd beat me 6-1
Mainly for my own curiosity but who would be the 1 in this scenario
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by Aronis »

Hi, I know you probably both have a lot of questions and are overwhelmed right now, but idc I'm going to ask you a bunch more because my name is bitter juror™ and this is my last chance to have something that shouldn't revolve around me revolve around me.

So first off, as every good juror should be, I am insanely bitter about the way I was eliminated. I came into this game with the infallible strategy: win every challenge, but unfortunately got screwed over by a bad one. So how did you feel about the challenges in this game? And specifically, how did you feel about the round 3 challenge? Do you like pokemon? Was it a good challenge?

Xalxe, you got lucky and won immunity in round 3, can you please explain why you chose not to save me? I was gutted and heartbroken about that decision and am now very angry and demand an answer.

Murdercat, what was your list for round 3? Had you won immunity, would you have saved me? If the answer is no, then I would most certainly like an explanation for such a cruel backstabbing.

Also, can you please talk about how you generically feel about me as a person. While I may be bitter, this section can be overly harsh provided it is an acceptable form of harshness. The key is that you must be truthful.

Oh and if I’m gonna vote for you I need to understand your game, so can you please explain where I was ranked on your list every single round I was in the game?

Can you please explain how my elimination from the game made your path to the end much much easier and elaborate on how you probably wouldn’t have got here if I didn’t get unluckily eliminated and backstabbed by the people I loved?

Noraa created a ponderosa chat and honestly some of the stuff said about you two was sickening in there. I had over 500 unread messages when I logged on to discord yesterday and didn't get a chance to read all of it, but a couple of people have described you both using a variety of terms such as “heartless,” “very lost,” “completely unworthy,” “rude,” and “a really sickening person to play with.” What is your response to this?

I’m also looking at your gameplay and all I see is a lot of weaknesses and a lot of holes and a cinderella story that doesn’t even have a fancy dress, can you explain to me what your biggest strength was in this game and how it helped you? If you even had a strength that is.

Lastly, (and I'm bolding this because it is the most important question), Malkon and I are hosting a marathon game on May 22nd. Malkon is like the best mod ever and so you should definitely sign up to play in his game. Have you signed up to play? If yes, what would getting cast in such an amazing game mean to you? And if not, why not? If you would like to send me valid documentation excusing your absence my email is jab695@txstate.edu
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

*pats Meely*
its ok nornor loves you!!!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 280, MURDERCAT wrote: Talking with you was an absolute pleasure! I don't know if you talked to everyone like we did but if you did I think you have a social game to rival Noraa :D
That is an incredible compliment! Being compared to Noraa :D
In post 280, MURDERCAT wrote:Turning relationships into deals is what kept me alive, and could have helped you the round you went out (it's why I saved xof instead of you).
I spoke to almost everyone but I definitely wasn't making any deals or anything so I appreciate this advice
In post 280, MURDERCAT wrote:As for favorite animal, mine is elephants :)
That's a great answer. Elephants are very cool
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

This is a long one so I'm gunna spoiler it :)

Spoiler:
In post 283, Aronis wrote:So first off, as every good juror should be, I am insanely bitter about the way I was eliminated. I came into this game with the infallible strategy: win every challenge, but unfortunately got screwed over by a bad one. So how did you feel about the challenges in this game? And specifically, how did you feel about the round 3 challenge? Do you like pokemon? Was it a good challenge?
I quite liked the challenge variety actually. Looking back through the list of them there really wasn't a ton of overlap. I would have probably done better if there was a creative challenge, but those are kind of subjective so I'm not sure it would have worked for this style of game anyway. As for pokemon, I am in fact a fan as you can probably tell from my avatar. That was the perfect challenge as I specifically asked D3f3nd3r pregame to "design a challenge that would get out Aronis in round 3, he's too big a threat." So there you have it.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Murdercat, what was your list for round 3? Had you won immunity, would you have saved me? If the answer is no, then I would most certainly like an explanation for such a cruel backstabbing.
Not only were you last on my list, I threw the challenge because I was worried that I would still, somehow, end up saving you had I ended up in the top half. It was clear you would have won out had you been allowed to live. I felt bad about it so I asked xof if I could put you first anyway and they said "if you do that you are playing against your win condition and as a listmod I would have to ban you."
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Also, can you please talk about how you generically feel about me as a person. While I may be bitter, this section can be overly harsh provided it is an acceptable form of harshness. The key is that you must be truthful.
I quite liked talking to you! You seem very nice and given the game had gone on longer I am sure we would have worked together eventually. But having a 1st and 2nd place performance made you way too scary to keep around for free when I had other less scary people putting me high on their lists. I hope we get to talk more on
May 22nd for that cool weakest link game you are organizing with Malkon
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Oh and if I’m gonna vote for you I need to understand your game, so can you please explain where I was ranked on your list every single round I was in the game?
Please see my full lists for all the details, but you were in the middle of my first list as we had a nice convo on the first day. After getting 2nd in the first challenge, you dropped to 2nd to last. And in the last round of course you were at the very bottom. I knew you were very likely to continue to win challenges and save people who were not me so it was actually quite good for me that you left.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Can you please explain how my elimination from the game made your path to the end much much easier and elaborate on how you probably wouldn’t have got here if I didn’t get unluckily eliminated and backstabbed by the people I loved?
How good are you at slide puzzles?
I don't think I would be in final 2 if I hadn't taken myself, so while I still think I would have performed well enough to get to F4, you would have gotten in my way in a real way in the final round. I think my time was good, but I was somewhat inefficient getting to the slide puzzle and it took me a minute to get the pattern down for moving the numbers around. It is entirely possible to save a minute or two if you were super efficient, which I have no doubt you would have been. :D
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Noraa created a ponderosa chat and honestly some of the stuff said about you two was sickening in there. I had over 500 unread messages when I logged on to discord yesterday and didn't get a chance to read all of it, but a couple of people have described you both using a variety of terms such as “heartless,” “very lost,” “completely unworthy,” “rude,” and “a really sickening person to play with.” What is your response to this?
Whatever it takes to win. You were all my pawns, sorry.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:I’m also looking at your gameplay and all I see is a lot of weaknesses and a lot of holes and a cinderella story that doesn’t even have a fancy dress, can you explain to me what your biggest strength was in this game and how it helped you? If you even had a strength that is.
It was clearly my social game. While my challenge performance picked up, it was social game that got me there. In the first round I was saved by Jumble (4th), in the second round I was saved by Xof (3rd), and in the 3rd round I was saved by Xalxe (2nd). So I was being saved by a variety of people and early on, suggesting I was high on many lists. Even in the 4th round, had I not been first I think I would have been saved by Raya and in the 5th round I had deals in place that were likely to keep me safe in a wide range of scenarios. I am excited to see average list placement post game as I wouldn't be surprised if I was top 3 (Noraa and xof likely have me beat, but I'll take it).
In post 283, Aronis wrote:
Lastly, (and I'm bolding this because it is the most important question), Malkon and I are hosting a marathon game on May 22nd. Malkon is like the best mod ever and so you should definitely sign up to play in his game. Have you signed up to play? If yes, what would getting cast in such an amazing game mean to you? And if not, why not? If you would like to send me valid documentation excusing your absence my email is jab695@txstate.edu
Not only did I sign up, I've been hyping it up! Everyone should come play! I signed up for the last try and not enough people joined so please sign up now!!
GTKAMURDERCAT

Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 286, MURDERCAT wrote:This is a long one so I'm gunna spoiler it :)

Spoiler:
In post 283, Aronis wrote:So first off, as every good juror should be, I am insanely bitter about the way I was eliminated. I came into this game with the infallible strategy: win every challenge, but unfortunately got screwed over by a bad one. So how did you feel about the challenges in this game? And specifically, how did you feel about the round 3 challenge? Do you like pokemon? Was it a good challenge?
I quite liked the challenge variety actually. Looking back through the list of them there really wasn't a ton of overlap. I would have probably done better if there was a creative challenge, but those are kind of subjective so I'm not sure it would have worked for this style of game anyway. As for pokemon, I am in fact a fan as you can probably tell from my avatar. That was the perfect challenge as I specifically asked D3f3nd3r pregame to "design a challenge that would get out Aronis in round 3, he's too big a threat." So there you have it.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Murdercat, what was your list for round 3? Had you won immunity, would you have saved me? If the answer is no, then I would most certainly like an explanation for such a cruel backstabbing.
Not only were you last on my list, I threw the challenge because I was worried that I would still, somehow, end up saving you had I ended up in the top half. It was clear you would have won out had you been allowed to live. I felt bad about it so I asked xof if I could put you first anyway and they said "if you do that you are playing against your win condition and as a listmod I would have to ban you."
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Also, can you please talk about how you generically feel about me as a person. While I may be bitter, this section can be overly harsh provided it is an acceptable form of harshness. The key is that you must be truthful.
I quite liked talking to you! You seem very nice and given the game had gone on longer I am sure we would have worked together eventually. But having a 1st and 2nd place performance made you way too scary to keep around for free when I had other less scary people putting me high on their lists. I hope we get to talk more on
May 22nd for that cool weakest link game you are organizing with Malkon
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Oh and if I’m gonna vote for you I need to understand your game, so can you please explain where I was ranked on your list every single round I was in the game?
Please see my full lists for all the details, but you were in the middle of my first list as we had a nice convo on the first day. After getting 2nd in the first challenge, you dropped to 2nd to last. And in the last round of course you were at the very bottom. I knew you were very likely to continue to win challenges and save people who were not me so it was actually quite good for me that you left.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Can you please explain how my elimination from the game made your path to the end much much easier and elaborate on how you probably wouldn’t have got here if I didn’t get unluckily eliminated and backstabbed by the people I loved?
How good are you at slide puzzles?
I don't think I would be in final 2 if I hadn't taken myself, so while I still think I would have performed well enough to get to F4, you would have gotten in my way in a real way in the final round. I think my time was good, but I was somewhat inefficient getting to the slide puzzle and it took me a minute to get the pattern down for moving the numbers around. It is entirely possible to save a minute or two if you were super efficient, which I have no doubt you would have been. :D
In post 283, Aronis wrote:Noraa created a ponderosa chat and honestly some of the stuff said about you two was sickening in there. I had over 500 unread messages when I logged on to discord yesterday and didn't get a chance to read all of it, but a couple of people have described you both using a variety of terms such as “heartless,” “very lost,” “completely unworthy,” “rude,” and “a really sickening person to play with.” What is your response to this?
Whatever it takes to win. You were all my pawns, sorry.
In post 283, Aronis wrote:I’m also looking at your gameplay and all I see is a lot of weaknesses and a lot of holes and a cinderella story that doesn’t even have a fancy dress, can you explain to me what your biggest strength was in this game and how it helped you? If you even had a strength that is.
It was clearly my social game. While my challenge performance picked up, it was social game that got me there. In the first round I was saved by Jumble (4th), in the second round I was saved by Xof (3rd), and in the 3rd round I was saved by Xalxe (2nd). So I was being saved by a variety of people and early on, suggesting I was high on many lists. Even in the 4th round, had I not been first I think I would have been saved by Raya and in the 5th round I had deals in place that were likely to keep me safe in a wide range of scenarios. I am excited to see average list placement post game as I wouldn't be surprised if I was top 3 (Noraa and xof likely have me beat, but I'll take it).
In post 283, Aronis wrote:
Not only did I sign up, I've been hyping it up! Everyone should come play! I signed up for the last try and not enough people joined so please sign up now!!
Sorry? I'm just a pawn? Is that really all you have to say after what you did???

It's obviously really disheartening to see a game mod AND a list mod conspiring to get me out--ugh, I should've known I couldn't expect somebody not named 'Malkon' to run a quality game on MS. I knew xof enjoyed modding bastard survivor games but I didn't know that also applied to their list modding smh I'm never playing on ms again

Just out of curiosity, what did you get on the slide puzzle?
Spoiler: my time

i'm glad to see you signed up to play for the weakest link :]
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 3:55 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 287, Aronis wrote:Just out of curiosity, what did you get on the slide puzzle?
I got around 4:15 :D

Obviously my foresight in conspiring to take you out was rewarded!
GTKAMURDERCAT

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:07 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 254, racefan12 wrote:What should the jury value more: challenge performance or social performance, and why?
Both. I would argue that challenge performance is more important here (where second place gets you safety) than in a Survivor game or similar (where second place gets you diddly), but I don't think you can have one without the other. You can see that in this game: Cephrir was a challenge monster, but was taken out by the social game for precisely that reason, and I think noraa is emblematic of the "social without challenge" game, and she also fell short.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 260, Silverclaw wrote:Alright jury, I don't care about ither of you as much as I care about
me
. The person who gives me the better reasons for how I'm so great will win my jury vote! :P

Yes, someone had to be "the salty juror". Yes, even in this XD.
You're a goddamn delight and I'm thrilled to have known you for as long as I have. You're the best thing to come out of
[NAME OF YOUR TOWN REDACTED (BUT I DO KNOW IT)]
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Noraa »

Hey!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

coarse kosher salt: the salt for when you want to look slightly fancier while cooking!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:14 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 288, MURDERCAT wrote:I got around 4:15

Obviously my foresight in conspiring to take you out was rewarded!
I tried again and got 3:01 so yeah even in a not panicked state
GTKAMURDERCAT

Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 262, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Challenge time!

I don't really feel like giving a question related to LSGs at all, so here's a Scattergories list!
Spoiler: the list

Please fill this out in 120 seconds, and if your list is better than the other person's list, you'll get my vote!
I'm cheating and pre-numbering this list but otherwise I'm holding to the 120 seconds
Spoiler:
  1. None, defund the police
  2. Nuts are fruit, right?
  3. Namibia

4. Nick-nacks, because the shopkeeper cannot spell
  5. no

6. Neck, because you're old-timey

that was
hard
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 263, Save The Dragons wrote:how did i specifically affect your game if at all
I was legitimately thrilled when I found out you and Ceph live near me because hooray built-in connections! However, beyond that, not much; I wanted to try and break up you and Ceph (iN THE GAME) but I was never able to do it successfully.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 265, Raya36 wrote:This is basically my first lsg, so could each of you give me a piece of constructive criticism based on your interactions with me?
[I was going to post a screenshot of a conversation but then I remembered That's Illegal, so go back and read our conversation on Discord from 4/25]

The subtext of my messages here is "please ask me to be your ally, I am open to alliances." I am telling you this not to scold you, but to encourage you to be bold and take opportunities like this to go for it. I did not so much this game, but this is the sort of shit I latched onto in LSGs in the past as an opener to "so do you want to be alliance pals." Early bird gets the worm!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:23 am

Post by Xalxe »

oh also I don't really have a favorite animal but it used to be a manatee so I'll go with that
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 282, racefan12 wrote:
MURDERCAT was like "yo we should put Ceph low" but I was always gonna do that because you'd beat me 6-1
Mainly for my own curiosity but who would be the 1 in this scenario
I figure in the group of you/noraa/Silver/xof I could maybe pick up a pity vote after everyone was done calling me dumb for taking Ceph to the end

also I have to go to work now so I will continue to make Aronis Extremely Bitter by neglecting you until later! make a mean confessional about it!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 4:26 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Spoiler: I tried Jumble
  1. Nose bleed
  2. Nectarine
  3. (All I got was NYC which didn't apply)
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. Nick Jonas (why is this all I could think of)
  10. ?
  11. ?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”