Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yah I can empathize Hop, I wasn't able to fully convince myself it was Vanders up until he voted me first. The Bingle comment about hammering him was also a really well executed play

My biggest regret is D3 and eliminating marci, I should never have let go of my townread there :(
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Bingle »

Well fucking done, Vanders.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

immediately after the vote i felt like i wanted to take it back, but i'm pretty sure that would have been the case either way
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I feel like I shot myself (and the town) in the foot with how loudly and aggressively I directed all of my logic at hopkirk Day 2, without immediately realizing that the core of my logic applied to Vanders as well. The reason I did not realize that immediately, is because I really did back my self into that deduction. I started out shit posting end of Day 2, mainly just out of frustration of how stale the game had become. My frustrations were directed at hopkirk, so I directed my shit posting his direction. But mid shit post, I realized that it really did look like Bingle purposefully tanked himself, and convinced my self I had accidentally stumbled into the right answer.

Over night 2, I realized that the "bingle tanked himself" theory both made sense, and would work with either scum!Hopkirk or scum!Vanders, so I tried to bring that up both in the neighborhood chat night 2 AND the main thread Day 3. Which is why I tried to push Vanders out Day 3... but I made such a scene Day 2, that I think Hopkirk stopped giving my theory any weight.

@hopkirk, sorry I handled it that way. If I had come up with my theory, thought about it more (instead of stream of consciousness posting as I can to terms with the theory) and presented it as evidence against both of you, I think you might have held it against Vanders, we could have won this game.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

When I first started making that case again hopkirk, I was making a fake case out of frustration. Like all of that "active in another game." I started out making a case I really did not think was true, and was looking for fake evidence to back it up...

And while doing that, I had the thought "Bingle actually purposefully tanked himself there" and that like flipped a switch in my head
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Also, @GL, I am sorry I ever talked you out of your vanders case Day 2.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

i don't think Bingle aimed to get himself exiled, just realized eventually there weren't enough townvotes for the hop!exile after the marci vote. that could have made sense with either scum GL or scum vanders though

the other game i was active in was as scum in lylo. it was quite funny to see you attacking me for having a different posting pattern to a scum game
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1307, Hopkirk wrote:i don't think Bingle aimed to get himself exiled, just realized eventually there weren't enough townvotes for the hop!exile after the marci vote. that could have made sense with either scum GL or scum vanders though

the other game i was active in was as scum in lylo. it was quite funny to see you attacking me for having a different posting pattern to a scum game
Yeah, I never believed the activity thing. That was the shit posting because of frustration over the stale game state

I did not mean that Bingle meant to tank himself from the get go. I think that he realized that his partner was getting too close to being the elim, and when he made the "i'll hammer vanders if we speed elim Hopkirk tomorrow" post, he was tanking himself to save his partner.

Day 2, I thought that was to save you.

Night 2, I posted in the neighborhood that he actually saved both you and Vanders with that post.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@Bingle - When you made that post, how did you expect the thread to respond to it?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 477, Bingle wrote:I'll hammer Scamp if he hits E-1 on the premise we turbolim Hop then Norwee after.
This one
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Overall, I do feel like I let the town down. I tanked my credibility in the thread so hard that even when I finally got myself to the right answer (I was casing and voted Vanders all day Day 3) it did not matter anymore, because the town was no longer taking me seriously :/
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

the worst part there is probably that I took your comments about GL having a bunch of reads that didn't sound genuine as my main takeaway from rereading your iso when I was looking through other people's thoughts when I was trying to work out if GL's reads sounded genuine rather than anything about vanders
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

I think voting Marci was my/our worst decision
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 1301, GuiltyLion wrote:My biggest regret is D3 and eliminating marci, I should never have let go of my townread there :(
im sorry, is my fault, i shouldve played better
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1313, Hopkirk wrote:I think voting Marci was my/our worst decision
Once again, if I had not shot my credibility, I might could have convinced town to trust my town read on her lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1312, Hopkirk wrote:the worst part there is probably that I took your comments about GL having a bunch of reads that didn't sound genuine as my main takeaway from rereading your iso when I was looking through other people's thoughts when I was trying to work out if GL's reads sounded genuine rather than anything about vanders
I exclusively voted Vanders Day 3.

By the start of Day 3, in my head, it absolutely had to be between [vanders, hopkirk] and I wanted us to kill Vanders Day 3 so that both of you did not make it to elo.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 1309, Lukewarm wrote:@Bingle - When you made that post, how did you expect the thread to respond to it?
My guess is that it was a very carefully calculated risk where he figured that I was very unlikely to actually get another vote, especially with that comment.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1317, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1309, Lukewarm wrote:@Bingle - When you made that post, how did you expect the thread to respond to it?
My guess is that it was a very carefully calculated risk where he figured that I was very unlikely to actually get another vote, especially with that comment.
I am curious if he knew that Norwee and NotMafia both were going to react as if it was a scum claim, because that is how they both responded lol
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1307, Hopkirk wrote:i don't think Bingle aimed to get himself exiled, just realized eventually there weren't enough townvotes for the hop!exile after the marci vote. that could have made sense with either scum GL or scum vanders though
I actually didn't want the hop exile either. The intention was always to shitpush you, shitpush vanders, and then pivot into a different elimination.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1319, Bingle wrote:The intention was always to shitpush you, shitpush vanders, and then pivot into a different elimination.
**pivots to self**

I think you left the "pivot to a different elimination" too vague in the planning phase :p
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Bingle »

Oh, we were always bussing me. That was literally a pregame plan. I'm disappointed I didn't get to make vander's job easier, but I wasn't supposed to endgame here.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Salty tears.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

At least i correctly deduced this ElO would be an loss before it even began.
So i’ll consider it an minor victory in the face of loss.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Bingle »

I think this game is balanced and deserves to be considered for Approved status btw, but would like to see if anyone else has strong thoughts before bringing it to Isis. (Or rather, I'm bringing it to Isis and would like to give other people to voice their concerns should they wish to do so.)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”