2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:51 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Wow that’s one hell of a logjam at 6-7 wins
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 548, Kilgamayan wrote:WRT L1 commissionating next year, I would be willing to do it if needed, but I also recognize my relative social standing here and would not be offended if others would rather someone else do it.
If I get relegated then I was planning on Khan or if he's too busy or whatever then you can do it or whomever. There's not really that much to do, just get out a when is good to determine the draft and setup the schedule.

I've also already ruled that my L2 team doesn't count for promotion.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 543, PJ. wrote:your frequent incompetence
oh, noes Nero changed the playoffs from 4 to 6. WHAT A FUCKING MONSTER! It's not incompetence, it's not doing what you want and you crying about it.

If you or d3 or whomever is your buddy is going to change the league to full ppr when that's not what all that many players wanted in the first place and then go back on your word and change the playoffs and consolation bracket.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:29 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

How are you that desperate to cling onto “power”, that you’re now convinced that failing to set the schedule properly until I hound you for two weeks and then saying it’s not a big deal is “not doing what you want and you crying about it” and trying to make an in-season draft pick trade under the guise that we all agreed to it and then saying it’s not a big deal when we all complain is “not doing what you want and you crying about it”…

I’ve wanted you to step down since the start of this season, this is just the point where you’ve shown off your lack of communication skills enough times that it’s been worthwhile for me to actually say so out loud.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

says the guy that lied his ass off that I changed the relegation scheme so you and Panzer can be "in power"
I've already explained to you that I was having internet issues over the summer and you can only do the schedule on desktop. You didn't need to "hound" me about it, I was just physically unable to do it exactly when you wanted. And when I did get internet service back I did it that day. Now there was an "incident" where I did the schedule and then you noticed that there was a mistake you snapped at me on discord that I wasn't "doing it" but it was an easy fix, I just had to move a name or two around. It's an honest mistake and I'm far from the first person to make a mistake and have to fix it. So no it's not a big deal. Now maybe if I neglected to fix it then sure its a big deal but the schedule has been correct for months now.

I wanted to try out draft pick trading to see how it worked. Clearly, I was impacting the league and giving myself a HUUUUGGGEEEE advantage next year by swapping a worthless 16th rounder.

you're all bark and no bite so good choice of avatar.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:34 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 554, Nero Cain wrote:says the guy that lied his ass off that I changed the relegation scheme so you and Panzer can be "in power"
I've already explained to you that I was having internet issues over the summer and you can only do the schedule on desktop. You didn't need to "hound" me about it, I was just physically unable to do it exactly when you wanted. And when I did get internet service back I did it that day. Now there was an "incident" where I did the schedule and then you noticed that there was a mistake you snapped at me on discord that I wasn't "doing it" but it was an easy fix, I just had to move a name or two around. It's an honest mistake and I'm far from the first person to make a mistake and have to fix it. So no it's not a big deal. Now maybe if I neglected to fix it then sure its a big deal but the schedule has been correct for months now.

I wanted to try out draft pick trading to see how it worked. Clearly, I was impacting the league and giving myself a HUUUUGGGEEEE advantage next year by swapping a worthless 16th rounder.

you're all bark and no bite so good choice of avatar.

You did actually say that you didn’t see why changing the schedule mattered. Just like you are still saying that your draft pick trade didn’t matter. We never considered that “oh late draft pick trades are fine because they’re only for the lols right?”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:36 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 554, Nero Cain wrote:you're all bark and no bite
What am I supposed to be? All I can do is talk, it’s a forum on the internet

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

nice pivot.

You were previously fussing @ me for not doing the schedule when I didn't have the ability to do so and when you figured out that you had nothing there you switched to me slightly disagreeing with you that it's so incredibly important that we play division opponents in weeks 1, 2, 3, 12, 13 and 14. I still don't think it is but the schedule is still the way
you
want b/c hey,
IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER WHAT WEEKS WE PLAY WHOMEVER

So your point is what? That I don't agree with you so i'm a bad commish? cry me a fucking river.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The schedule isn’t something I came up with, Mith had a system he used every year and all I wanted was for you to use the thing that we’ve always been using. You can’t claim that you just did it to acquiesce to me when it’s a precedent that’s been in place for years.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:59 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The document that I sent you to copy the schedule from was last edited by Mith in 2016. Which means the owner of the site has been trying to sabotage the league he gave to you to take over for five years since well before he stopped running the league. I’m sorry you had to find out this way :(

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 558, D3f3nd3r wrote:all I wanted was for you to use the thing that we’ve always been using.
ok, but we are using that schedule so.....

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:16 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

wait so whos going to be league 1 commissioner

i want to make a meme about it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but I mean, I really don't feel like scheduling is
that
important, and who you play from week to week doesn't really matter. If your entire argument is just that we should always be using the Mith schedule then fine I guess. It doesn't really change anything one way or the other but keep grasping at them straws.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 559, D3f3nd3r wrote:the league he gave to you
:mrgreen:

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:30 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 562, Nero Cain wrote:but I mean, I really don't feel like scheduling is
that
important, and who you play from week to week doesn't really matter. If your entire argument is just that we should always be using the Mith schedule then fine I guess. It doesn't really change anything one way or the other but keep grasping at them straws.
My argument is that we should have been using this schedule all along. The argument you made was “why does it matter?” after you initially did it incorrectly. Thank you for ultimately doing it right, but we can still talk about how much of a struggle it was to get there.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:32 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 563, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 559, D3f3nd3r wrote:the league he gave to you
:mrgreen:
You really are clinging to this power, huh? It’s a fantasy football league commissioner position, I very much do not feel any worse as a person for the fact that I don’t have that power.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

there was never any "struggle" lol

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

This feels like trying to pry Arrakis out of the hands of the Harkonnens
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:01 am

Post by PJ. »

Hounding you for weeks to fix the league everytime there's a documented problem while you go "I don't see the problem" is definitely a struggle. You being more concerned with the perception of doing this correctly than actually doing it correctly - ie "I didn't actually change anything except for that thing I changed in June and didn't work out how it affected long standing league rules and I refuse for literally weeks to clarify this" is definitely a struggle.

What's more likely, you actually being a fuck up or 3-5 people colluding to usurp the world's lowest position of power?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 567, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:This feels like trying to pry Arrakis out of the hands of the Harkonnens
Are you saying that this is getting... Spicy?

:smirk:
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I made a fuck up but none of the shit you or d3 are complaining about are fuck ups

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 568, PJ. wrote:and didn't work out how it affected long standing league rules
changing the playoffs (and the consolation bracket with it) didn't change how anything functions. If you want to argue that its a missed opportunity on my part to sit there and implement a change from a useless bracket to a mini playoff for the last two spots to avoid relegation then fine but since I didn't do that where's the change you've been whining about?

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:20 am

Post by PJ. »

I have way more important things to do than this, good luck figuring it out man, hope you never get back to l1, sorry that you're such a sad and small person that you can't just give the shit to the person who was earnestly trying to help you w/ stuff and just make the league better because he's friends with someone you don't like.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:28 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 569, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 567, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:This feels like trying to pry Arrakis out of the hands of the Harkonnens
Are you saying that this is getting... Spicy?

:smirk:
Spoiler: New team logo just dropped (for context, the unaltered image is my current team logo

(profile pic by datisi)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 551, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 548, Kilgamayan wrote:WRT L1 commissionating next year, I would be willing to do it if needed, but I also recognize my relative social standing here and would not be offended if others would rather someone else do it.
If I get relegated then I was planning on Khan or if he's too busy or whatever then you can do it or whomever. There's not really that much to do, just get out a when is good to determine the draft and setup the schedule.
Oh, I'm totally fine with Kilga running L1 next year. I'm happy just participating.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”