Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 am

Post by osuka »

odd night strongman can kill as a goon on even nights, right?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah. That's how it works
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by osuka »

yurrrrp

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by osuka »

that gives

Code: Select all

1x even-night traffic analyst
1x non-consecutive 2-shot town jailkeeper
1x town even-night gunsmith
7x vanilla townies

1x traitor combined rolecop neighborizer
1x mafia traffic analyst
1x mafia odd-night strongman

is this the final setup?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by osuka »

if i get the green light i'll draft some role PMs

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:03 am

Post by Isis »

Yeah, that's the final setup, do some PMs
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:25 am

Post by osuka »

vanilla townie wrote:
welcome to Mini Normal 6969, whatever flavor i decide to make it edition

you are a
vanilla townie

you have no special abilities.

you win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

confirm your participation in the game and acknowledgement of this role PM by replying with your role. As a reminder, do not quote private moderator communications outside of this conversation until the game is complete.
Spoiler: vanilla townie

[i][size=150]welcome to Mini Normal 6969, whatever flavor i decide to make it edition[/size]

you are a [b][color=green]vanilla townie[/color][/b].

you have no special abilities.

confirm your participation in the game and acknowledgement of this role PM by replying with your role. As a reminder, do not quote private moderator communications outside of this conversation until the game is complete.[/i]

town even-night traffic analyst wrote:

you are a
town even-night traffic analyst

during even-numbered nights, you may check another player to verify whether they are capable of private communication.

confirm your participation in the game and acknowledgement of this role PM by replying with your role. As a reminder, do not quote private moderator communications outside of this conversation until the game is complete.
Spoiler: town even-night traffic analyst

[i][size=150]welcome to Mini Normal 6969, whatever flavor i decide to make it edition[/size]

you are a [b][color=green]town even-night traffic analyst[/color][/b].

during even-numbered nights, you may check another player to verify whether they are capable of private communication.

confirm your participation in the game and acknowledgement of this role PM by replying with your role. As a reminder, do not quote private moderator communications outside of this conversation until the game is complete.[/i]

town non-consecutive 2-shot town jailkeeper wrote:

you are a
town non-consecutive 2-shot town jailkeeper

during the night you may jail another player, rendering them unable to perform any night actions and protecting them from being killed. you may only perform this action twice, and you may not perform a night action two nights in a row.

Spoiler: town non-consecutive 2-shot town jailkeeper

you are a [b][color=green]town non-consecutive 2-shot town jailkeeper[/color][/b].

during the night you may jail another player, rendering them unable to perform any night actions and protecting them from being killed. you may only perform this action twice, and you may not perform a night action two nights in a row.

town even-night gunsmith wrote:

you are a
town even-night gunsmith

during even-numbered nights, you may check another player to learn whether they have a gun.

Spoiler: town even-night gunsmith

you are a [b][color=green]town even-night gunsmith[/color][/b].

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am

Post by osuka »

traitor combined rolecop neighborizer wrote:

you are a
traitor combined rolecop neighborizer
. your teammates are
{}
, a
mafia traffic analyst
and
{}
, a
mafia odd-night strongman

during the night, you may target a player to learn their role and add them to your neighborhood.

you win when the town no longer has a voting majority, or when nothing can stop that from happening.

Spoiler: traitor combined cop neighborizer

you are a [b][color=red]traitor combined rolecop neighborizer[/color][/b]. your teammates are [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia traffic analyst[/color] and [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia odd-night strongman[/color].

during the night, you may target a player to learn their role and add them to your neighborhood.

you win when the town no longer has a voting majority, or when nothing can stop that from happening.

mafia traffic analyst wrote:

you are a
mafia traffic analyst
. your teammate is
{}
, a
. there is a
traitor
in the game.

during the night, you may check another player to verify whether they are capable of private communication. additionally, you share a factional night kill with your teammate, which either of you may execute.

Spoiler: mafia traffic analyst

you are a [b][color=red]mafia traffic analyst[/color][/b]. your teammate is [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia odd-night strongman[/color]. there is a [color=red]traitor[/color] in the game.

during the night, you may check another player to verify whether they are capable of private communication. additionally, you share a factional night kill with your teammate, which either of you may execute.

mafia odd-night strongman wrote:

you are a
. your teammate is
{}
, a
mafia traffic analyst
. there is a
traitor
in the game.

you share a factional night kill with your teammate, which either of you may execute. during odd-numbered nights, if you perform the factional kill, your action cannot be stopped by any means as long as the targeted player is not untargetable.

Spoiler: mafia traffic analyst

you are a [b][color=red]mafia odd-night strongman[/color][/b]. your teammate is [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia traffic analyst[/color]. there is a [color=red]traitor[/color] in the game.

you share a factional night kill with your teammate, which either of you may execute. during odd-numbered nights, if you perform the factional kill, your action cannot be stopped by any means as long as the targeted player is not untargetable.

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:40 am

Post by osuka »

let me know if i fucked it anywhere

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:58 am

Post by northsidegal »

i'm not sure if a traitor knowing the roles of its teammates is actually normal or not, i think that the answer is actually no and that the traitor only knows the identities

in normal groupscum PMs it's sometimes given as just a convenience so that the scum don't have to say what they are in the PT or re-post their role PMs there but i think that it matters here
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by osuka »

traitor combined rolecop neighborizer wrote:

you are a
traitor combined rolecop neighborizer
. your teammates are
{}
and
{}

Spoiler: traitor combined cop neighborizer

you are a [b][color=red]traitor combined rolecop neighborizer[/color][/b]. your teammates are [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia traffic analyst[/color] and [color=red]{}[/color], a [color=red]mafia odd-night strongman[/color].

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by osuka »

oops i fucked it

here's the actual code for it

you are a [b][color=red]traitor combined rolecop neighborizer[/color][/b]. your teammates are [color=red]{}[/color] and [color=red]{}[/color].

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm a little nervous about simplistic gunsmith PMs. Would prefer it say "whether the player has a gun in flavor" or link the wiki page.

NSG is correct about traitors learning their partner's roles.

Need results PMs.
"Well, I..."
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 62, Isis wrote:I'm a little nervous about simplistic gunsmith PMs. Would prefer it say "whether the player has a gun in flavor" or link the wiki page.

NSG is correct about traitors learning their partner's roles.

Need results PMs.
i can link to the wiki

flip pms would be the same except they’d be redacted so as not to show identities and roles

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by osuka »

traitor doesn’t learn about mafias roles, only their identities. that should be reflected in the role PMs

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Isis »

Results PMs are the PMs investigative roles get back from investigations.

It's a quality control thing; it seems so simple that maybe it seems the review process doesn't need it, but sometimes there are results PMs that are worded wrongly.
"Well, I..."
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by osuka »

oh yeah right, sorry i’m drunk

results PMs would read like

for gunsmith:
“{} has/does not have a gun”

for traffic analyst:
“{} is/is not capable of private communication”

for jailkeeper:
“{} has been jailed.”

for rolecop:
“{} is a(n) {}, and they have been added to your neighborhood.”

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by osuka »

let me know whether or not i should send jailkeeper a PM after their night action

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Isis »

You should not send the jailkeeper a PM after their night action.

The other PMs are fine
"Well, I..."
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:22 am

Post by osuka »

cool yeah sorry i was way too intoxicated last night, i don’t even know how i managed to make that sound coherent

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

need one for "your action failed" and one for the person invited to the hood

things fall apart
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:52 am

Post by osuka »

oh right, those two

"during the night, your action failed."
"during the night, {} visited you and invited you to your neighborhood." (this should have a link to the pt somewhere)

sorry i'm doing the bare minimum, i have an ungodly hangover and i'm struggling to survive

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Isis »

Those two are fine. "Your action failed* messages are only given to players who were roleblocked while performing some type of investigation. They should not be sent when a kill fails
"Well, I..."
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:01 am

Post by northsidegal »

we'll need to see your rules next

things fall apart
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:46 am

Post by osuka »

osuka wrote:
rules

Shamelessly stolen from gobbledygook, who shamelessly stole his rules from PenguinPower, who shamelessly stole his rules which were shamelessly stolen from various (probably shameless) moderators.
general

1. Game-specific and Universal Mafiascum rules apply.
2. Do not quote private moderator communications or pretend to do so.
3. There is to be no game-related personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
If someone contacts you outside the game, report it to me IMMEDIATELY.

4. This game will start with a Day phase.
5. No ciphers, encryption, extremely small text, or other similar tactics may be used.
6. If you have the ability to edit, refrain from doing so.
7. It's your responsibility to read and understand all of the rules. If you have questions, send me a PM.

activity

1. Aim for one post every 36 hours, at a minimum.
2. After 36 hours of no activity, a prod may be sent to the inactive player.
3. A prodded player has 36 hours to respond to my prod with a substantive post in-game, after which time a replacement search will begin.
4. A player who has been prodded 3 times will be subject to replacement with no further notice.
5. If you plan on being inactive for more than 36 hours, PM me to let me know you plan on being V/LA.
6. If you plan to have regularly scheduled V/LA period (e.g. the weekend) please send me a PM.

deadlines

1. Game days will last 10 calendar days.
2. Nights will last 48 hours.
3. Extensions may be given out in extreme circumstances, and are up to my discretion. If you would like to request an extension, you may post in-thread or send me a PM.
4. If you have a role with a Night action, your action is due by the posted deadline. If no action is received by the posted deadline, you may forfeit your action(s). Players with a Night action may submit a "No Action" PM to indicate you do not wish to perform your action.

voting

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for an Execution to occur (
n
= floor(
player count
/2) + 1); if a simple majority of votes has not occurred by the deadline, no Execution will occur.
2. Votes should use Vote Tags or they may not be counted.
3. You may VOTE: No Execution ("No Lynch" is also accepted - see here for more information) - a simple majority (as described above) of No Execution votes will result in a no execution, and an immediate move to the Night phase.
4. Quoted, spoilered, or otherwise hidden votes will not be counted.
5. Misspelled, abbreviated, or otherwise modified player names in votes will be counted, as long as there is no ambiguity.
6. Once a simple majority of votes has been reached, no further votes will be counted.
7. When a player is executed, the game enters twilight until the thread is locked; all players may continue to post.
8. If you are killed, you may no longer post. No "bah" posts.

miscellaneous

This is my color.
Do not use it.
2. If you think I have made a mistake, send me a PM.
Bold all requests made to me in-thread so that I don't miss them.
Using "@mod" is helpful. If I
do
miss them (consider me replying to a later post in the thread or posting a votecount "missing"), send me a PM.
4. Rule violations will be dealt with based upon severity at the sole discretion of the mod, or in agreement with the relevant listmod.
5. Any situation not specifically covered in the above Rules is subject to moderator discretion and will be handled as seen fit.
6. All Private Topics have daytalk.
7. No part of the flavor will contain game-relevant material (including, but not limited to: pictures, descriptions, vote counts, and death scenes).

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”