[Complex] Survivor: Pantheon [Congrats Mist and Noraa!]

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

woo!
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

An additional thought I wanted to throw into the mix on challenges. I loved all the challenges in the game and thought they were super well varied and fun to play! It definitely felt like there was a deliberate effort to ensure no two challenges were similar, especially back to back.

With that said, this choice has an odd effect on hydras as the swapping off rule then lined up with the swapping off/breaking up of challenge types. What I mean specifically is I had to do all of the creative challenges (Scenes from a Dream/Tall Tale Contest/Five Golden Things) while Noraa was doing mainly puzzle/speed based challenges (Test of Thoth/Daedelus Made a Maze/Baba Yaga's Toilsome Trials/Labors of Hercules).

I know game design is meant to separate and vary the challenges to ensure no one player goes on a streak for a few rounds if they are, say, good at puzzles.... I guess this will come up less and less as it seems like we're moving away from hydras as a concept but considering hydra players were 25% of the players in the game, it is important to consider when designing.
You Are Worth It
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Agreed on that point. There should be strict cutoffs. There's a reason we as a community moved away from the 24-hour endurance challenges of the past. I think the call the mods made at the time, i.e. let Jesus go on until he finished and give Hades the same amount of time if he wanted to take it was fair. There would be no way of knowing they both would get stuck at the same portion and Jesus going over time would end up giving him the win.
Empire wrote:Aside from Taskmaster–
hey, gotta defend my only challenge win. I remember hearing out your issues with the challenge but want to reiterate what Vash said. It came down mostly to creative writing skills. I didn't purchase anything for the challenge, and actually took the photos and wrote the descriptions within an hour. I think that tests a different skillset from other challenges in the game and is an accessible challenge which is a wonderful goal to strive towards. We both lost out points because we just put a college degree :P If that wasn't showing that you didn't need an expensive item to win, I don't know what would. Hell, I swept the category of "Weirdest Item" with a crucifix simply because of the story associated with it. Even putting a limit on the words forced us all on an even playing field and didn't give whoever had the most time to write out a novel the win.
You Are Worth It

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”