Newbie 2067 - Pizza! - End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-2

Where did pizza originate? What was the first pizza like? What kinds of toppings did the first pizzas have? We will never know for sure what the very first forerunner of pizza was like, but we do know a little about early flatbreads with toppings. For instance, 8000 years ago Persian soldiers baked flatbreads topped with cheese and dates on their shields.

StrangeMatter
(2): Haschel Cedricson, Lukewarm
HockeyFan
(2): StrangeMatter, Zyla
Haschel Cedricson
(1): Save The Dragons
Lukewarm
(1): HockeyFan

Not Voting
(2): Azeru, cyrus62

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: June 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-06-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 72, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 69, StrangeMatter wrote:I'd prefer to do Town reads later, and focus on what we think about possible scum reads/leans right now.
This is the exact opposite of how I approach games lol

I find it easier to find confident town reads early, then I can sort the rest of the players.
I find it easier to get a grasp of who I can assume is Town once there's a lot on several players to POE and make it easier to pick out scum.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

you can call me STD i don't mind
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 77, Save The Dragons wrote:you can call me STD i don't mind
ngl, It didnt even occur there was a T in your name, I just saw a V for some reason, sorry about that!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

@HockeyFan, what is your experience with Mafia?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 79, Lukewarm wrote:@HockeyFan, what is your experience with Mafia?
Not all that great, when I've played several chat Mafia games and haven't done all that well.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

Uh I sporadically play on mafia.gg. I've been on the site for a year now, but haven't played that much on it. I guess you can say I have a little bit of experience with Mafia?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Oops, I thought they were talking to me. Whyyyy
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Good lord, how is this thread 4 pages deep already? I haven't even had the chance to RVS VOTE: Lukewarm yet, and I've been dying to. So there you go!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

HockeyFan, I am trying to follow your read progression on STD. Can you explain it more. You gave him a really early "confident town read," then backed it off of it with
In post 74, HockeyFan wrote:Also, speaking about SVD:I did call him town earlier but after seeing post#52 and post#56 idk about that anymore, He was trying to soft defend his possible scum partner so SVD is back to null leaning scum. I also really liked this questioning by Zyla and I feel like scum dont try to push on someone who was already TR'D by 1-2 people.
Who is he protecting there? Strangematter? Do you even scum read Strangematter? I thought I was your strongest scum read, at least you are voting me, so then why would you be of particularly suspicious of his interaction with Strangematter and haschel?

Can you walk me through your thinking?
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Pavowski »

@Zyla I used to like pineapple on pizza until I realized I was just doing it to upset people. I now recognize this topping arrangement as trash
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm also a bit confused by the Luke and me partners. @HockeyFan, can you explain why do you think Lukewarm would defend me?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 74, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 70, Zyla wrote:Honestly, I was expecting to have to wait until IRL tomorrow to have some reads either direction, but I guess I got a strong one early.
In post 15, HockeyFan wrote: With that being said, I will vote Zyla for stealing my question

VOTE: Zyla
I find it interesting that you mention my question but don't actually respond to either of them
I mentioned it because I was going to ask the "Do you like pineapple on pizza" question and it seemed completely NAI but I wanted to see a reaction by voting u. I didn't bother to respond to the other one. I do not know why ignoring a RQS post is scum leaning?
Ignoring is NAI, but mentioning it and not responding seemed a little off to me.
I would still like to know though, do you prefer mafia or town?
In post 18, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 13, Save The Dragons wrote:are we doing rqs instead of rvs?

i feel confident town will win, how's that?
Already found a confident town, SVD is town
What makes Dragon town from this post? If anything the wording is slightly off for town
ehhh while the wording may be off, I think his original post was towny enough and
this read was pretty lackluster anyways so theres no need to pay too much attention to it
(Unbolded then rebolded for emphasis)
Honestly, while I'm not going to remember every read in the game, I don't think I want to just dismiss one, they can be pretty important
In post 66, HockeyFan wrote: Counterwagon this ASAP :)
What do you mean by this?
There were a few votes on the table(cant exactly remember who), but none of them were on Luke and I thought Luke was scummy so I wanted to counterwagon Luke
I'm not entirely sure you understand wagons
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 77, Save The Dragons wrote:you can call me STD i don't mind
That's signature material right there
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 84, Lukewarm wrote:HockeyFan, I am trying to follow your read progression on STD. Can you explain it more. You gave him a really early "confident town read," then backed it off of it with
In post 74, HockeyFan wrote:Also, speaking about SVD:I did call him town earlier but after seeing post#52 and post#56 idk about that anymore, He was trying to soft defend his possible scum partner so SVD is back to null leaning scum. I also really liked this questioning by Zyla and I feel like scum dont try to push on someone who was already TR'D by 1-2 people.
Who is he protecting there? Strangematter? Do you even scum read Strangematter? I thought I was your strongest scum read, at least you are voting me, so then why would you be of particularly suspicious of his interaction with Strangematter and haschel?

Can you walk me through your thinking?
Ok so, I town read STD because of post#13. That post had the aura of being "I am town, I'm confident and I am going to win this game for town". My read switched on him because of posts #52 and #56 where he said "strangematter, i think haschel wants your attention" and "i just think haschel might know give a newbie a little slack when it comes to not answering". These 2 statements feel like very mafia partnery like to relieve some pressure

As of right now, Strangematter is a null read for me(maybe leaning scum), You are my strongest scum read, so does that mean i'm not allowed to see other pairs in partnership because fwiw the strangematter/STD pair seemed very likely. I was suspicious because I have 0 idea why STD Needs to intervene their. Like my SR'S rn are You -> STD -> StrangeMatter. Hope this helps. and btw, My read on u might change back to null soon based on the
interactions between strange and STD

I am gonna get off for now, so i will be answering questions tmr morning
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 87, Zyla wrote:
In post 74, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 70, Zyla wrote:Honestly, I was expecting to have to wait until IRL tomorrow to have some reads either direction, but I guess I got a strong one early.
In post 15, HockeyFan wrote: With that being said, I will vote Zyla for stealing my question

VOTE: Zyla
I find it interesting that you mention my question but don't actually respond to either of them
I mentioned it because I was going to ask the "Do you like pineapple on pizza" question and it seemed completely NAI but I wanted to see a reaction by voting u. I didn't bother to respond to the other one. I do not know why ignoring a RQS post is scum leaning?
Ignoring is NAI, but mentioning it and not responding seemed a little off to me.
I would still like to know though, do you prefer mafia or town?
I prefer town
In post 18, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 13, Save The Dragons wrote:are we doing rqs instead of rvs?

i feel confident town will win, how's that?
Already found a confident town, SVD is town
What makes Dragon town from this post? If anything the wording is slightly off for town
ehhh while the wording may be off, I think his original post was towny enough and
this read was pretty lackluster anyways so theres no need to pay too much attention to it
(Unbolded then rebolded for emphasis)
Honestly, while I'm not going to remember every read in the game, I don't think I want to just dismiss one, they can be pretty important
Fair enough but I dont think a read 13-15 posts into the game should be substantive late game but thats just me?
In post 66, HockeyFan wrote: Counterwagon this ASAP :)
What do you mean by this?
There were a few votes on the table(cant exactly remember who), but none of them were on Luke and I thought Luke was scummy so I wanted to counterwagon Luke
I'm not entirely sure you understand wagons
Ok you may be right in saying I dont, Instead of using "counterwagon", I'll just say I wanted to vote them because of the reasons above
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

The more you are explaining,

I think that this is just a matter of difference how we would describe reads. What I usually see here on the site is, more of a progression something like leaning town -> weak town read -> Town read -> Hard town read.

So when you came out with a "confident town read" I understood it to be a stronger read then you meant for it to be. And then got whip lash seeing a strong TR change all the way to maybe scum over posts 52 and 56
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

At the moment, I think that I am leaning town on HockeyFan and Zyla. Zyla has both been more relaxed and more aggressive then she was last game.

No other real reads yet, but I am off to bed
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I'm really not too sure about HockeyFan. To me he seems Town, but I'm very leaning away with his partner reads right now. will bet on saying Zyla's a decently good town read, as much as I wish we had scumreads, this is the best we can do.

This game has been a messy and not too great for me. For now, good night.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 6, Zyla wrote:Questions for all:

Do you prefer playing as mafia or town?

Do you like pineapple on pizza?
Depends on my mood, but generally I'd say I prefer playing as mafia.

I don't hate it. Like I'll eat it if it's there, but I wouldn't ever actually order a pizza with pineapple on it.
In post 9, StrangeMatter wrote:Here's a random question to everyone.

How confident or nervous are you about winning this game?
I'd be lying if I said I was confident. :P
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Azeru »

Anyways, skimming through this all before bed. No particular reads so far, but a couple posts pinged my attention.
In post 29, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 28, Zyla wrote:

Honestly, it's hard to be confident at this stage, but Luke is a pretty good player, so if he's on the Town side I'm pretty optimistic
In post 14, Lukewarm wrote:

I would say decently confident. I am coming into this game off of a pretty good game. Town win on Day 2
:P On the other hand, it would be hilarious if he were the scum this game
Oh Zyla, must we always be on opposing sides?
I know this was already semi-sorted out, but jokingly or not I think it's questionable at best to assert to another player "we're on opposing sides". Odd wording and a stretch to that conclusion from the previous comment imo.
In post 69, StrangeMatter wrote:I'd prefer to do Town reads later, and focus on what we think about possible scum reads/leans right now.
I understand the thought behind this, but it's poorly worded and as a standalone message only serves to deprive town of information. Any read - town read or scum read - is information. I see no particular reason to strive for one or the other first.
Azeru
Azeru
Goon
Azeru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Azeru »

In post 95, Azeru wrote: I know this was already semi-sorted out, but jokingly or not I think it's questionable at best to assert to another player "we're on opposing sides".
Odd wording and a stretch to that conclusion from the previous comment imo.
Actually rescinding this part, I misunderstood when I read that interaction the first time, I get it now. The comment itself still strikes me as off though.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

VOTE: azeruitch ant matter train once wrong next top raindrops at cooking kites everybody runs. i like playing scum i also like playing town . i dont like pineapples on my pizza. sorry kid was typing stuff at random didnt have the heart to remove it. also there's my rvs
scum cyrus slways kills carls night 1

Cyrus has us as scum together but I'm not sure this guy has the power to rally any votes given his playstyle

nomnomnom:
you made me spit my coffee congratulations
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 19, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Vanilla Town is the best role because not only do I get to give zero fucks about drawing the nightkill, it's actually good for me to draw it.

StrangeMatter: Why Hockeyfan?
i have never played you but i think as town we should draw the nk it protects the pr so they can help solve stuff for us. but i get what your saying at the same time no pressure to try to focus and you can just have fun.

Cyrus has us as scum together but I'm not sure this guy has the power to rally any votes given his playstyle

nomnomnom:
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:36 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 86, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm also a bit confused by the Luke and me partners. @HockeyFan, can you explain why do you think Lukewarm would defend me?
what do you mean by partners?

nomnomnom:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”