Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3076 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

[quote="In post 3071, Dusa"][/quote]

No problem. Right now all I care about is the win. My stats of 2021 are totally unacceptable.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3077 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:27 am

Post by northsidegal »

thanks for playing everyone, this was a great game to mod and i hope that it was a great game to play!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3078 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:30 am

Post by Dannflor »

thanks for modding!

dusa should have died over me
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3079 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:34 am

Post by OkaPoka »

no dann u must die for the prophecy
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3080 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:40 am

Post by T3 »

In post 3074, Titus wrote:Despite bussing, I had no charisma because all of my partners were obvscum so I couldn't protect the people townreading me, so the house of cards failed. I tried.
:(
Congrats town!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3081 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

aaah good game everyone, I hope you all had fun, I did!!

Superbly moderated and the setup was really cool - I'd love to play this kind of game again. Thank you so much for modding NSG :]

I was wondering what would happen endgame if I was alone in like Hood 4 or Hood 5 and could shoot by myself, but I hadn't quite started fully thinking around those scenarios yet I was still just trying to find the last scum. Excited to read the dead thread. I do think this setup is maybe harder for scum than I originally thought having seen how it played out, the extra incentives to bus when your teammates get suspected must put you in a difficult place, I feel.

This was a really great playerlist I enjoyed playing with each and every one of you!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3082 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Bingle »

Eh. I stand by the judgment that this setup is in fact scumsided as hell. We had 4 nearly back to back scum eliminations with 0 basis from the setup itself. In a 17p game that's just going to lead to town being super far ahead.

Unfortunately, scum wasn't in the right headspace to put up a strong fight here.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3083 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:48 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

whoa this was fun thanks for modding
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3084 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Bell »

Good game.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3085 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:54 am

Post by UNOwen »

gg all
Was a fun game and I liked the mechanics, thanks for modding northsidegal
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3086 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Bingle »

I feel kinda bad for the scumteam, tbh. It seems like they were the people who had the least fun with the setup and that was a major contributing factor to their loss. Reading the scum PT it feels like RL stacked this game to be against them and that's kind of bleh as a win.

OTOH, agreed that this player list was generally awesome (like half of the reason I signed up, tbh) and I'd love to play again with y'all, just hopefully with fewer people being demotivated by RL. Thanks for the game, nsg.

Well done in the neighborhoods, Titus. I definitely got fooled by the amount of energy you were putting up there at the end.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3087 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

yeah I kinda just completely forgot I had been scum reading the Titus slot early game
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3088 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i think scum have to save their bus until the neighborhood phase where they are trying to puzzle together a parity break (if they can)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3089 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:14 am

Post by OkaPoka »

mountainous nightless is rough in current site meta. esp in 17p game, wim matters a lot and currently i think scum wim is a lot lot lot lower than avg town wim
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3090 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

this setup is quite poggers tho. imagine if this was a team mafia setup like oh my god look at that
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3091 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 3090, OkaPoka wrote:this setup is quite poggers tho. imagine if this was a team mafia setup like oh my god look at that
now
that
would be incredibly cool, i think.

things fall apart
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3092 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 3090, OkaPoka wrote:this setup is quite poggers tho. imagine if this was a team mafia setup like oh my god look at that
I really do think that my suggestion to divorce the picking hoods part of the game from eliminations would make the setup more enjoyable. Like... half the player list was dead before the mutation even kicked into gear. If it was a pre-elimination phase thing like choosing partners in Dance Games I think it would still be engaging but also allow for a smaller playerlist and Dann to have a chance at taking a vig shot in a neighborhood. :shifty:
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3093 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am

Post by OkaPoka »

say poggers nsg SAY IT
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3094 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3089, OkaPoka wrote:wim matters a lot and currently i think scum wim is a lot lot lot lower than avg town wim
this is something I've been struggling with a lot over the past few years and I'm not sure I know what to do about it

whenever RL shit hits or I'm just busy and I can't keep up with townies with high WIM, it's manageable when I'm town because I still fundamentally like playing the game, solving, sharing reads, finding people I can trust

but when I'm scum, lying and manipulating people just drains me so much more, it takes like 3x as much time and energy to post, so the second I don't have a lot of time or am not in a great mood, keeping my own wim up to match town's is just tremendously difficult

I'm forever jealous of people who enjoy playing scum, I can occasionally find fun in it but it never feels
good
during the game the way mindmelding with other townies does. there's no reward until the game is over, I think maybe I could find ways to make it easier on myself by playing a little more loose and not worrying about playing scum
well
, but I haven't found success figuring out how to do that yet
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3095 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

any mechanic where you can pick neighborhoods is going to lead to leashing tho. only way to 'fix' it is with randomness or no discussion which removes strategy. one small detail that wasn't ever covered this game because of how it plays is its possible to end any attempts at leashing neighborhoods if you made the lims too hard to feasibly achieve 1) in time and 2) with consensus
LavarManos
LavarManos
Goon
LavarManos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3096 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am

Post by LavarManos »

Good game. Thanks for modding :)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3097 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

in terms of balance i think that we shouldn't be too results oriented and only look at the outcome of this first run. like i think i said in the original setup thread, i think that this setup is really skewed, e.g. if town plays really well they can reap a lot of benefits, and same for scum. for instance, if town had the same level of complete coordination in forcing neighborhood membership in the same way they did for, say, the passing order in baton pass, i think that that alone would add
at least
10% to town win chances. on the flip side, even this run still showed the potential power of scum coordination in the neighborhoods – if titus wasn't killed, only two people stood between her and controlling enough hoods to shoot her way to victory. and that ability would be a ton more powerful with more scum members alive in the neighborhoods – had yuri survived even just another day, i think that it would have been an entirely different game.

things fall apart
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3098 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:35 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3081, GuiltyLion wrote:aaah good game everyone, I hope you all had fun, I did!!

Superbly moderated and the setup was really cool - I'd love to play this kind of game again. Thank you so much for modding NSG :]

I was wondering what would happen endgame if I was alone in like Hood 4 or Hood 5 and could shoot by myself, but I hadn't quite started fully thinking around those scenarios yet I was still just trying to find the last scum. Excited to read the dead thread. I do think this setup is maybe harder for scum than I originally thought having seen how it played out, the extra incentives to bus when your teammates get suspected must put you in a difficult place, I feel.

This was a really great playerlist I enjoyed playing with each and every one of you!

50 50 on hero solves <3
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3099 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:35 am

Post by OkaPoka »

this setup is very scumsided yeah, if town say only got 2/5 scum lims in the first phase which is still above ev btw, id guess town has a sub 10% chance of winning because parity breaks would be absolutely crazy. the world we got was basically near optimal for town to the point where leashing wouldn't have mattered

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”