Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by Cabd »

With 6 players alive, it will take 4 votes to burn a servant.

Rider (1): Beast

Deadline for Day 4 is set at: (expired on 2021-07-30 23:05:00)

Page Usage: 4/18

Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1339, Servant Rider wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if there was a decent amount of investigative abilities in this setup. I'm less concerned with whether someone claims one than whether I think the person claiming it is town.
I was pretty clearly in the group of players that believed there was a decent amount of investigative actions in the game.
In post 2223, Servant Beast wrote:Why wouldn't you want to interfere with an investigate to clear yourself? Were you one of the players that cast doubt on there being multiple investigatives? I forgot whether you were one of those players in that camp or not.
With as many town players left and how Day 2 played out, I figured there would be a decent chance someone would feel the need to investigate me regardless. I don't see the point in manipulating multiple players just to clear myself when there's only one scum left.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2224, Servant Beast wrote:being busy is fair. Your ability would have been quite powerful because you could probably use your noble phantasm twice. It wouldn't have been broken or anything but pretty good, probably.
Yes, I believe my role was designed with this in mind. Unfortunately, it landed in my hands and the timing for the opening of the game couldn't have been worse for me.

I don't mind how things played out, though, as I feel like there are other roles that would have worked just as well or better as Master. If notscience hadn't altslipped, I feel like that probably would've been the best option for Master (especially since they were immune to investigative actions, and a killing role is another, albeit roundabout, way to find someone's alignment).
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

They aren't scummy posts though. They're surface scummy if you think at like, yoma 1.

Because I am trying to maneuver myself to survive and eliminate as many other players as possible. Trying to placate two players I would have to push to survive so that they don't omgus vote me etc. But that's a super simplistic view.
You're using the opposite approach and signalling strongly that you don't really care if you survive as long as your scum read gets killed. Which is surface townie, except I'm not foolish enough to think I couldn't be wrong. It's not clear why you do.

I don't understand why you're digging yourself into a hole unless you just think that's what town does and hope you can convince people the next phase to have mercy through AtE or something? One day at a time? mm.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

'Roundabout' is probably not the best word. 'Very direct' is probably the most appropriate description.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

mm. Maybe stubborn 'cool' scum archetype? Maybe not.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Rule of cool on ability usage says that I don't think I believe you when you say that you wouldn't use it. Both days. Well, I'm sure you're aware that scum would have benefited from you not using your abilities before you claimed it. This is one of the stranger claims.

In that it doesn't make you look better and yet you claimed it anyway. Foreigner made a similar mistake, But if you're scum why wouldn't you have learned from that?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

My abilities are:

A 2-shot skill that inflicts a debuff on the target that prevents them from using skills or gaining NP stars. The target is informed they have had this happen to them. I haven't used this at all, I had debated doing so night 1 but decided the potential downside of blocking a town PR wasn't worth the upside of blocking scum.

A 1-shot neighborize, where I can select up to 2 targets. I can only neighborize targets that are of the chaotic or evil alignment, though. I chose Berserker because he was the IC + had a high probability of being a valid target. My other likely choices at the time, Caster and Assassin, had seemed to indicate they weren't targetable, so I went for Archer, because even though my read on him wasn't as strong at the time and I somewhat distrusted him openly requesting to get into the hood, I didn't think there were many other good targets (Lancer was improbable to be recruitable based on the alignment distribution of the class). Obviously, it didn't work, Archer apparently did not pick up the meaning of my crumb that I only worked on chaotic or evil targets.

My third ability gives me and anyone in my hood an extra NP star. I used it last night, Berserker told me not to use it on night 2, I'm guessing because he commuted then.

My NP lets me seal another Servant's NP for 5 phases (day/night counting as separate phases).

I claimed all of this to Berserker in the hood on day 1. On day 2, Gamma-zerker informed me he'd been added to a hood with Caster, asked if my third skill worked across multiple hoods, I said no. When Caster became cleared by investigation, he
should
have conveyed this information to her, but given how completely apathetic he was, I'm not sure he did. It would be useful if she could confirm it, though, since it'd at least show I made my claim at the first availabe opportunity.

Truthfully, I'm not strongly about to put emphasis on the mechanical stuff because half of my abilities sound scummy, while the scum had abilities that sound fairly townsided, although they never actually claimed them. Dayplay is going to take precedence over any claims.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

I am ascetic during day phases

I have a 1-shot announcing fruit vender ability that I haven't used only because doing so would make it obvious which servant I was if anyone did a little lore digging, and I couldn't figure out a good use for this, but I'll use it tonight for kicks I guess.

I had a 1-shot protective charm that I gave to Alter D1. It prevents the wearer from being affected by a single debuff (which I've since found out only includes such things like Post Restrictions and other ailments that last over time. So when I said roleblocking wouldn't work... well actually it would be fine). If the wearer would be affected by a debuff, instead the talisman would convert it into 5 stars of NP charge for the wearer. So basically, if Alter used their own 1st ability on themselves (if they can), they'd charge their NP.

And finally my NP which is activated during the Day, will offer an invitation to my target to join a neighborhood (the offer is confirmable since it will happen same day it is offered). They can decline (which is akin to a scumclaim), but if they accept, one of two things happen. If they are town they join the hood that night and we have a lovely time. If they are scum, nothing happens. I would not know the difference between a declination and scum accepting functionally.

My NP is available today. I will be using it on whomever we don't eliminate that's still a viable scum candidate.

I can't help but think I'm going to die horribly tonight as my NP is probably the most threatening of the lot, and was hoping their was still a protective role. But either way I'll be out of Beast's eliminate pool right quick!

Caster can claim next
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:30 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 2233, Servant Assassin wrote:My NP is available today. I will be using it on whomever we don't eliminate that's still a viable scum candidate.

I can't help but think I'm going to die horribly tonight as my NP is probably the most threatening of the lot, and was hoping their was still a protective role. But either way I'll be out of Beast's eliminate pool right quick!
This is exciting!

I don't believe there's any real reason why you should be in anyone's scumpool right now, but as long as you pick someone within [Rider, Beast, Alter Ego], we should be fine. This actually narrows things down quite a bit and I believe puts us in auto-win territory?
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 am

In post 2233, Servant Assassin wrote:And finally my NP which is activated during the Day, will offer an invitation to my target to join a neighborhood (the offer is confirmable since it will happen same day it is offered). They can decline (which is akin to a scumclaim), but if they accept, one of two things happen. If they are town they join the hood that night and we have a lovely time. If they are scum, nothing happens. I would not know the difference between a declination and scum accepting functionally.

My NP is available today. I will be using it on whomever we don't eliminate that's still a viable scum candidate.
Slight update, since apparently I got a bit confused on the wording. I am informed if the target accepts the invite, but we don't get to talk until the start of night (if town, otherwise nothing is created if scum).

@Rider, it is almost autowin. Sadly scum have a single out. They accept the invitation, then kill me in the night, so I never get the chance to tell the town if a PT was created.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 am

Incidentally this was why I wanted the master. I already could not easily be stopped because of my passive asceticism during the day which is the phase I cast my NP. So no roleblock fears, but I had no means to protect myself after casting, and master would have granted me that.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:15 am

Post by Servant Beast »

That is indeed an out, but it puts us back into the alter or rider universe.

Yeah you wanting the master makes sense with that ability.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Servant Beast »

This isn't an auto-win but it makes my life easier.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Unless they don't kill you and I guess we get wifom. But that could be fun.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:54 am

I hadn't really been considering Assassin to begin with, but I suppose the additional assurance is good. To be honest, though, I wish you had kept that hidden rather than outing it..

Still working on finding time to reread, apologies for being slow.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Take your time we have five days.
Caster hasn't posted since this day phase started correct?
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Ah, yes, she did. She answered my question about mrs. Crane.

I think I want to go Rider. If the game doesn't end, no elimination to narrow the pool. Then show down with Alter. I might be okay with skipping the no lim phase depending on what happens to assassin. Since there's only one scum left I don't have to worry about collaboration weirdness which should introduce some interesting and hopefully AI responses.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Servant Beast »

RN: For rider scum, I have the rule of cool. I don't think they wouldn't use an interesting ability like that as town. As scum there are clear benefits to *not* using it. I simply don't believe their reason for why they didn't use it. The sort of grouchy, condescending, blase' attitude throughout the game and the stubbornness is giving me a lot of mixed feelings and signals. I do think they turned their brain off this day phase, which I associate with scum that's gotta push somebody. There was a clear conflictedness in their evaluation of me that kind of just went away at the start of he day phase, it's possible they got lazy. I realize, I sort of got buddied this game by them, but I'm not totally sure.

This is one of those rare cases where the things I look for near the end of the game hasn't made a clear cut scum target. Alter mega bussed if they're scum. I can see a narrative for Alter scum because as they mentioned they had abilities that are somewhat scum sided, I think it makes sense to get the ear of the IC through neighborizing them as scum. It's a classic possible example, of, if you can't kill them, manipulate them. But then they manipulated them into killing scum soo that doesn't actually make a lot of sense. I guess you could argue that alter lambasted his partners in game, calling them worthless lurkers, etc as a sort of model of their very real dissatisfaction with their scum buddy's play. But that's difficult to prove during the game and more something interesting for post game. If true.

mm
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Berserker being dead sucks in a way because, if they suspected Alter in their PT well, alter can just kill them. I do think this is something that Gamma would do. Where they would openly question them. It's also clear gamma didn't totally trust them since they didn't share abilities with them or discuss who to night kill with their ability. Not sci would've trusted them probably. Gamma tends to be more paranoid.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Servant Beast »

I do feel that Rider and Alter have done enough that the solve is in reach. I'm just too dumb to see it from here I think. Unless they're both town and we get blind sided by unfortunate role shenanigans. But those kind of losses don't hurt too much, tbh, so I'm relatively okay with it.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:34 am

If he was suspicious of me, he had every opportunity to mention it to Caster. Or, literally in the thread. I'm also not sure him not sharing abilities would qualify as "distrust" so much as "Gamma not giving a shit", which would be very in-character.

(Also, like I said earlier, I don't claim that stuff to the IC on day 1 if I'm scum)
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Servant Beast »

1. ...Yes, but I can't see into your PT so I don't actually know if you shared that stuff with them. As you mentioned, your own abilities seemed scum sided. The thread mentioning stuff or the mentioning it to caster stuff is a fair point I think. Though I can't be sure, I do think that Gamma chose to be mercurial. Ehhh to the gamma not giving a shit remark, I don't he'd agree.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 1012, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 993, Servant Lancer wrote:I don’t really care how you read me, I think it’s not very believable but that’s not really relevant. I’m more concerned with actually getting an answer from you that I can vibe with but you kind of seem intent on not giving me that and accusing me of misinterpreting you when I don’t know what other possible interpretation there was to what you said.
you are just dragging TvT, you won't vibe because you argue
ohh, this is a good post. Foreigner, just telling it like it is because he can.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 am

Well, that's why I'm
hoping
he sent it to Caster, so it can actually be confirmed. Gamma wasn't the most responsive in the hood. But again I feel like me having that blocking ability and actively choosing not to use it shows town motivation, because there'd be no reason to holster it as scum when already at a disadvantage.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”